Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Ritual (Brandi X Beauvoir)

She pulled her hand away, worried that she'd hurt him or gone too far for a second. "I'm- sorry" She murmured, still a bit taken aback still. As he went back to talking, somewhat changing the subject she decided that it seemed best to let him. She knew they'd both talked about some emotional things and just as he hadn't pushed her, she wanted to give him the same kindness.

"I'm sure-"

Jane was secretly glad when the subject changed completely. "I bet- I haven't had, the opportunity to meet one of them, but I think I'll be grateful for it-" She let out a chuckle. "You know I've often wondered why they didn't decide to turn me-" She quickly made a dismissive motion. "N-not that I'm complaining- It just seems like it would've been easier y'know? But maybe not- I guess I don't know." She scratched the side of her head nervously. She was honestly really curious about a lot of the vampire culture, but she didn't know what was appropriate to ask and what wasn't.

"You know, I think my father would've been a lot more suited to this work than I am- he would've found it all so interesting. I do too, but he was a professor, he would've known more of what to do, what questions to ask." She moved more towards the living room.

"So- what do you like to watch? Unfortunately there isn't usually much on during the hours you're awake-"

That was a good question, what did he like to watch? There honestly wasn't that much. Most of the shows that he had used to enjoy were long since off the air, or had lost their appeal..

"Honestly, I mostly listen to music, always have done.."

He told her as he relaxed back on the couch. He ran his fingers through his hair and then sat forward, looking at her.

"you know, that is a pretty good question you have there. I wouldn't recommend asking it too much though, you really dont want to give someone ideas.. some kindred are real sick fucks. I once knew a guy who turned a 13 year old girl just because he liked how innocent she looked. he got Staked out for it of course, we have a code and you don't change kids.. maybe that was why they never got you? you were too young, and then you became to valuable.."

that was as good an answer as any he guessed..

"you got to get right to work or you wanna hang a little? I'm kinda liking this whole getting to know each other thing.. its rare someone so innocent looking as you is so at ease with someone like me.."

"Well, okay- Hmmm," As she flipped through channels, Jane happened upon the movie 'Airplane'. "Well I hope you like comedies, this is a classic- Not exactly politically correct nowadays though." She admitted.

As he sat next to her Jane felt a little self conscious, he had that handsome, gruff, bad boy look about him, and she felt rather plain. As he talked about the question she'd asked she was a little shocked, but not surprised at the quick story he told. "That's horrible- you mean there's some poor girl out there eternally stuck in puberty, thanks to some creep?" She shivered at the thought. "And don't worry, you're the first person I've ever asked wondered that a loud to and I'd bet the last."

When he asked about work she smiled slightly. But the comment about her being innocent looking brought a blush to her cheeks. "I- uh, was gonna stay up for a while then probably lay down for a couple hours before I get back to work. But- innocent looking? Is that really how you see me?" She chuckled. "And please, you're the most at ease vampire I've been around- Most of the delegates and stuff I deal with are so stiff and tense with little to no sense of humor."

"I'm down to hang though, what did you wanna do-? What doo vampires do for fun when they're stuck in an apartment? Should I make popcorn?" She laughed. The strap of Janie's top had slid down, exposing the black lace of her bra strap.

His eyes were drawn to the flesh, he wanted to taste it, it was like dangling a bacon sandwich in front of a starving man.. but he tore himself away and instead considered her question.

"You can make popcorn if you like, for me I might as well be swallowing air but I can at least enjoy the flavour.."

But the big question was what did they do? And seeing her shoulder out of the corner of his eye he was definitely getting a few other ideas. He kept those to himself though, he didn't want to freak her out or anything

"You know, this is my first time really being in this situation, but we can do whatever comes to mind I guess.. as long as we're not burning the place down or whatever"

He laughed and then continued

"And also yes, you do seem quite innocent, pure. I mean, you aren't even old enough to drink yet, and I bet you don't even have one tattoo right?"

Janie nodded and got up, going into the kitchen and fetching a bag of popcorn. She stuck it in the microwave before pressing a few beeping buttons and walking back into the living room right as he spoke about not burning the place down. "Well there go my plans." She joked back. It wasn't long before she heard the familiar sound of popping. Jane waited in the doorway until it stopped so she went and fetched the bag. Maddox would hear an "Ow- that's hot" Before the girl came back into the kitchen with a kitchen towel and the popcorn.

When he talked about her drinking and not having a tattoo, her cheeks turned a bit red. "Uh no, I've had a few ideas for some but never committed. I'm also not exactly sure what my pain tolerance is." She admitted. "And I've had a couple of drinks in my life but I guess I don't really like alcohol. But there may be some around here If you wanna go that route."

Jane felt vulnerable around this man, and she couldn't figure out why. It was like she subconsciously wanted to open up to him, in more ways then one. "I guess, 'pure' would depend on your definition of the word."

"untouched.."

He replied, his tongue flicking over the tip of his fang. He liked her, she was much easier to talk with than he had found most humans. What was more there were a few impure thoughts that he was trying to keep a lid on..

"I'll tell you what, let's play a game. You can ask me anything you like and I will answer honestly, but I get to do the same and you also have to answer honestly.."

It seemed like a fun time, and though there were a few things that he couldn't answer, things that he was bound by his leaders to never reveal, he would work around those.

The blush on Janie's cheeks nearly doubled as that one word left his mouth. So he was talking about her virginity. "O-oh, that's what you meant." Jane stuck a piece of popcorn in her mouth nervously. She wasn't sure what to say after that, but she was glad when he took the reigns of that conversation. She didn't expect him to suggest a game though.

"This seems less like a game and more like an interrogation" She raised an eyebrow at him before giggling. "But, sure I'm down... Uhhh, you go first though." She was a bit nervous but maybe this was her chance to find out some things about vampires she'd been to scared to ask any of the other vampires she'd met.

Maddox wasn't really ready for that, he had expected her to either say no or to start asking questions, but when she told him he could go first he had to think.

"You said your father was a professor, what did he teach?"

That seemed like a safe question, not too personal but it told him more about her, about where she came from..

She hadn't expected such a simple question, especially after he'd been so curious as to whether she was "pure" or not.

"Well he was a Biology professor, really obsessed with animals, especially weird or obscure ones. He used to watch shows about various urban legend creatures and things and talk about the realistic chances that such a creature or animal could exist." She let out a small chuckle. "He was a big nerd but my mom adored him. So did I-" She quickly moved on before she got too emotional. Now she had to think of a question to ask him.

"Hmmm, do you usually drink blood like they have it in the fridge or do you have some like, people who donate?"

It had been an innocent question, but only because I was leading up to something else. When she asked about the blood though I smiled

"Neither.."

I gave a wink and then chuckled, knowing that the answer had given her a slight pause. That was something that Maddox enjoyed, putting people on edge like that. He always had done. It was even more fun with her, to have her think twice about the animal she was sharing a cage with, and Maddox, Maddox was an animal. There was something about his kind of vampire that had them embracing a more feral nature, granted they were still human, or as human as you could be when you were undead, but they didn't have the refinement of the Royals, or some of the other clans who favored academic status over muscle among their members.

".. normally I would hunt, nobody who didn't deserve it, or at least want it. I'm not a psychopath. The ones that are like that are pretty much fair game for hunters, even among our kind."

He relaxed back, putting his feet on the coffee table, a smirk on his face

"When was the last time you were kissed?"

He was right, she was certainly taken aback when he shot down both of her guesses at how he usually fed. She swear she could feel a chill on her own breath. That only left so many choices. Just how much of a monster was this vampire, how truly bad was this man with the bad guy look to him. Jane was beginning to get the feeling that it went much deeper than just a motorcycle and a fashion sense. At first she went cold when he began talking about hunting, but as he explained she felt a lot less on edge. "Sooo, like people who've done bad things?" She thought about it for a second. "Well, I suppose if they're like, a murderer or a rapist or something that's only karma..." She muttered as she mulled it over.

It was still on her mind when suddenly he asked another question and she looked at him with a questioning look before what he had said registered in her mind and that flushed reddish pink returned to her cheeks. "Well I've never really been kissed outside of a clumsy tween boyfriend who just gave me a peck on the lips." She admitted quietly, now she had to think of a question for him.

"Do you think they picked you because you were one of the people they thought would have the most self control alone in a small apartment with a human girl?"

Back
Top Bottom