Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Do you consider RP an art?

Lately, I see questions like this, and I go through all of the arguments I've already seen out there all over again and in an instant. I'm at the point in my thinking where I don't think art is a worthwhile descriptor for anything. All of human endeavor can be argued to be art at this point. If everything is art, then nothing is art. The term holds no useful meaning. We may as well just use the words we've already given to things and use art like an adjective. Use it for things an individual finds to be "art". If someone finds that this allows things to be considered art that shouldn't be, well that's really just their opinion.
I said the same thing somewhere in this thread. It's like that other feel good phrase some people love "Everyone is beautiful" if everyone is beautiful than no one is ugly and therefore beauty is meaningless. Same with art. Can some RP's be art? Perhaps just like some food dishes can be art but you can't just fry some eggs and throw them on toast and call it art even if you use some bacon to make a smiley face.

It just makes words and terms meaningless in the end.

Back
Top Bottom