Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Court of Knives [Magno x Empress]

The Empress

Planetoid
Bleak midwinter had smoothed its wrinkled front.

A storm had spun hard and vicious just beyond the cold panes leaving frost edging on the frozen glass. Dhalia sat stiff beneath the golden sun that had broken through the grey clouds. Cutting hard there was an orange light that slid over her eye and fell to her red lip. Clothed in the more traditional wear of the land, she was uncomfortable and heavy. The thick wool of the red mourning dress that spread tight against her was pretty, embroidered with silver by the finest of hands the opulence within was undeniable, yet she missed adorning herself in the fine light silks of her homeland.

But those were not appropriate to mourn the death of her late husband.

The King had been old, edging on to obsolete. He would come to her quarters in desperate hopes his seed would take root and fill her belly with another son. Perhaps he had been so enchanted with her brother and father and their broad full laughs and charismatic cat-like smiles.

A cold twist settled deep within her chest.

She missed them dearly.

“Your radiance?” Amun stood close, eyes cast downwards. He spoke in their native tongue with ease. A eunuch that had been assigned as her guard long before and sent to be her most loyal companion in this strange land of intrigue and lies. Large and chiseled, he acted as a fine guardsman. A large hand hovered and she took it, standing in bejeweled shoes that pinched her feet. A gift from the old king. As was the dress. He liked seeing her in tight corsets, twinkling like a treasure in all the many jewels.

“I know.” A heavy sigh and a casted glance to the foreboding shadows of the hall. His Majesty the prince… nay… now the king had requested they A steep frown pressed her brows together. When she had first come and learned of him, his age, she had silently pleaded her husband would not force her to call Louis son, and he refer to her as mother. It was awkward and unpleasant to look upon her man so close in age and expect him to see her as his mother. She herself was not yet a natural mother no matter the king’s prayers she would beget him another son.

A step into her… kings quarters yielded a spike in her breath, a sharp pain held tight in the crevices of her chest. What would become of her? Silently, for a breath, a flicker of hope held that he would return her to her homeland. Perhaps father would remarry her to someone younger and more vivacious. Yet, that seemed too good to be true. Truthfully, she needed hope that she could negotiate their treaty hold, even if she had been a gift to their king she was a gift nonetheless. They had plenty in jewels and precious metals and Louis must be smart enough to know to take a gift when it was offered.

Straight backed and erect she stepped into the room they were to meet in, walking as a queen should with head held high. Tanned hands peeked out from beneath long sleeves as she clasped them together and pressed her lips into a tense smile.

There was no telling how the meeting would go, she could only watch the mood of the new majesty before making her own move.

Louis walked with long and quick steps through the castle’s corridor, heading straight for the room where the widowed queen should be waiting for him. He passed the eunuch on the door as if it were a mere piece of furniture, and closed it behind him as he entered. Two of his own trusted guards would make sure that no one followed him.

There was good reason for him to distrust the people from the court, especially now that every nobleman and person with some form of power had gathered, for his coronation. Of course, that was just an excuse. The main question of interest was to gauge whether the new king would be able to hold his own ground and, if not, how much would it be possible to take away from him. He knew his uncle, Lord Thibaut, had gathered supporters, including outside of the realm, and promised independence to a couple of important noblemen, if they helped him in his quest for power.

Of course, Louis was not going to allow that, but there was another important piece which he needed on his side, or at least, in a neutral territory. The former queen, Lady Dahlia Al-Durr, from the country of Madesh was the key to many political movements she herself was perhaps not aware of. Madesh limited with the kingdom of Nadhan across the southern border, and had a long history of conflicts. His now dead father had secured a very beneficial peace treaty with them after more than a decade of war, and Dahlia had been part of the Madeshian sultan’s payment. She was a guarantee of the peace, and would perhaps even bring an heir which would unite both kingdoms. Now, Louis knew that was very unlikely, especially given the fact that she had a brother, but perhaps, after a war with the country, they would be more likely to welcome a Nadhanese king if he had a Madeshian wife.

This was his main motivation for approaching the lady that morning, but not the only one. He needed Dahlia on his side, regardless on whether she wanted to marry him or not, because otherwise his uncle would take her, and this would definitely strengthen his claim to the throne. He was aware of letters that had reached the woman, sent by Lord Thibaut to get her to willingly join him, but he had made sure to be the first one to approach her in person..

He finally scrutinised her, with his dark brown eyes, trying to find out her true motivations before he began to speak. She was dressed impeccably, with a beautiful jewelled dress his father had given her, completely inappropriate for a funeral, but a statement of power. She knew what her value was, as the jewel of the king, and she was not scared to embrace that. In any case, she would not take the role of the mourning widow, which made Louis very happy. He took a bottle of liquor and poured them both two glasses, as was custom between two politicians discussing affairs.

“Lady Dahlia, you never cease to impress with your beauty,” he greeted her, giving her one of the glasses. “I am sure my father must be missing your company right now, wherever he is…” Louis did not care at all about religion, and this idea of afterlife seemed like a joke to him. But he had to make sure that she had no more than the polite respect expected from her towards her former king and husband, Frederik before he carried on with the conversation.

“I believe you understand why I am here?” He took a sip of his glass without toasting with her first. He wanted her to understand that she was not his equal, that he did not need her, but that from his position of power, he could choose her. Only after she had shown her cards would he show friendly gestures to his no longer mother-in-law.

The young king was playing a dangerous came in a court of knives and thorns.

Dhalia understood her place as a wife of a powerful king, just as her own mother understood her place as the wife of the almighty sultan of Madesh. Straight backed and sharp-eyed, her dark gaze caught that of Louis's and small pink tongue peeked out from beneath her plump lips for only a moment. The game had been set and the cards were beginning to be played. The death of her lord husband Frederik had been expected to happen long before her own, but it had been expected that his seed would have taken root, and perhaps she would be now set as a perfect treaty bearing the markings of proof of their union growing within her belly. But she knew her body and knew her moon's cycle well enough to know none rested in her.

And now came the negotiations for a differing arrangement.

Her eyes narrowed on the king, but her lips remained in a courteous smile. Rumors had already began to float about the court of the ambition of the young man, peculiar whisper hanging from the tongues of the distressed. Regicide. Worst, patricide. In Madesh to dishonor one's father was a sin, to kill one's father was dooming oneself to shame and misfortune. For a king to do such, he damned his kingdom.

But they were just that- rumors. Nothing more and nothing less. She could not begin to slander a man, her king, especially when he cusped her within his mighty palm and dangled her livelihood before her face. She would not be relegated to being some old childless spinster. More than that, he was heir king- as it seemed a few women came to quickly realize. She did not miss the way Lady Iseult would wear gowns cut low, pressing her breasts high and golden hair spun about her like a halo. Unseemly for the title of queen she reached for but... likely proved effective in getting a man's eyes on her.

"Your majesty," her words were accented but smooth, barely above a whisper to retain the air of intimacy about them. Fiery and beautiful, she always attempted to sound and look immaculate. It was what had drawn Frederik to her in the first place when she had greeted him with their father, bowed low with her seductive whisper on the edge of her lips as she stared up into his dark glazed eyes. It had kept Frederik's- and the entire court's- eyes on her with a loving caress. "It is a pleasure to speak with you, my lord, I have no doubt your father's death has caused you strife, and for that I offer my condolences."

She took a drink of her own wine. It was sat down, a droplet of red holding fast to the lip. Tanned fingers continued to play along the stem. "But the time for mourning is short, even if it is for a king. We must move on and think of our own kingdoms, no? So I postulate you have brought me here in seeking terms for this treaty signed between our fathers-- with one dead, and no fruits born in my womb it seems that it has become voided. I do not wish to wait the months it will take my father or brother to come represent me and will represent myself before you now. I do not wish to see an end to this treaty, my kingdom knows peace and I should like it to continue to know peace. So, your majesty, it is now you who we give to, negotiate with, and not your father. What shall we agree upon now?"

He did not need to act out mourning, not behind closed doors. He looked straight at the lady's eyes as she suggested that he would be mourning his father's death, and simply smiled. It was nothing more than a smile, but she knew it hid much more. What had actually happened in their hunt through the western mountain border? Well, no one knew for sure, Louis was smart enough to ensure that would be the case. Of course, his uncle had accused him behind his back, but he had not dared bring those rumours to the front just yet. He was not powerful enough for that, and Louis was now in his quest to ensure that he never would be.

"A real shame, but a man must always be ready to carry on his father's legacy," he closed his eyelids, as if meditating the impact of what he had said. "It is the natural order of things." He sipped his drink, happy to see that she was enjoying it too. He admired the young lady's beauty as she spoke of the future. Definitely, she had understood the situation and what he could offer, and did not really want to beat around the bush. Dahlia was as straightforward as they came, and Louis liked that. It would not be hard to control her.

"It would truly be a shame if both of your kingdoms were to fall into war once more..." he said, provoking her slightly. He wanted to test her temper, and her honesty. "But if such a terrible deed were to happen, I wonder... which side would you be on?" A faint smile came to his face, masks off, the battle was about to begin in that room. "Would you be on the side of the man who sold you as leverage to avoid losing his position of wealth, or would you support the kingdom of a man who treated you like an object and despised you for not bringing him a male heir to unite both kingdoms and bring life to his dreams of greatness?" He stepped towards her, conquering the space between both of their bodies with one of his long strides. He placed a finger on her chin, lifting it up so she had to look straight at his eyes, without waiting for consent or permission, as he never did. "I wonder, indeed, what shall we agree upon?"

He dropped his finger and took a sip from his glass again, this time offering her a toast, having made it completely clear where she stood. He contemplated her beauty once more. She would indeed make a fine wife, and a fine queen. And Louis was almost certain that she would prefer him, instead of his uncle, as long as he promised peace for her kingdom. But then again, he was not a supporter of peace, especially when one kingdom was much more powerful than the other. He was young and he wanted to make a name for himself as the great conqueror who had taken over the most persistent enemy of the kingdom of Nadhan.

"I will play no games with you, lady Dahlia," he turned her back to her, as he paced towards the other side of the room, only to come back. "I have no intention of breaking a peace which has given us prosperity for so long, much less with the enemies I currently face inside my own kingdom." This meant he would crush the enemies inside first, and only then turn towards Madesh. "But unfortunately, I do not know if your presence here as a honorary queen or whatever you are right now will be enough to tie together the unstable future of both of your kingdoms," he kept reminding her that this was her home, whether she wanted to hear that or not. "However, there are other alternatives, like marrying me instead of my uncle, avoiding an unnecessary civil war and dodging an almost certain second widowhood."

If she joined with his uncle, it would give the old Thibaut sufficient confidence to turn the rumours into public accusations, and then everyone would be forced to take sides. It was, in fact, the best idea for the country of Madesh, since it would surely weaken Nadhan, and the threats of invasion would be significantly reduced... Except for one factor. Louis. He was certain that he would defeat his uncle, and he was young. And ambitious. If Dahlia and Madesh were to side with his uncle in a civil war... well, nothing would save them from the flames of destruction which would surely come after he regained control of Nadhan. If she rejected his proposal, there was sure to be blood. If she accepted, well, blood was almost surely on the table, but there might be room for negotiation. After all, she was still young and incredibly attractive.

Dahlia was not a fool.

Never had been. Never would be. The wit that resided behind shimmering dark eyes would always set just on the edge of her tongue waiting to be cast upon the nearest man daring to goad her. A flame burned behind them now, having been coaxed by the limber prince of Nadhan. Loyalty. It was something he knew little of and something which she lived by. A loyal wife, yet never a true member here. Accepted by the court she did find a foothold that imbued a certain fondness for the culture and the people among them. The arts had always been held close to her bosom and she at the forefront unafraid to dance for them a lovely work of her people, enticing them with the careful movement of her hips and hands. But this prince, she thought, was less enriched in his own court than she, a foreigner was. And looking here into his eyes, she knew the rumors to be true.

Not even a look of guilt across those pale features.

A shiver ran down her spine as an idle finger brushed beneath her chin. He was younger and far more attractive than his father had been. But Dahlia held strong. His insolence, touching her now as though she was a common harlot and not a princess! Lightly, she touched her hand to his own and pressed it away, holding his gaze steady and fervent. But he was clever, even if he was insolent. That she could respect. And handsome enough he could almost get away with insolence. Almost.

And yet here he came to mock her. The smile returned but her neck bared as she let her lips curl and expose a sharp tooth. "Mm... The side I choose means nothing. Shall I choose between a dead king and one leagues away from where I stand now? That seems to be an obsolete choice. By technicality, and by my nation's laws I am now back as possession of my radiant father. Though, truthfully, it will son be one of my brothers that we must turn to. Both are quite known for their... prowess. But, I do not enjoy losing so I would say if war broke out I would attempt to be on the side of the conqueror rather than the conquered. On the right side of history, to say the least. But, that is what we all want, no?"

He was fool-hardy and arrogant if he thought her nation so easily quelled. There had always been tension between them all. The moment she stepped into court there were whispers, rumors claiming her as the harlot and slut of the desert. And yet, they all had a morbid curiosity as the dusky exotic princess graced their halls with her presence, her fine accent adding a new flavor to their words. And what fine words she had. A smile and most of the court had fallen in love with her. Most.

There were those who still did not believe a Madesh anything could come in peace. Even more, there were some who were upset a foreigner could hold such a position of power. Lady Iseult had been the most recent to begin speaking of Dahlia as the foreign slut, planning something behind those dark eyes, wondering of her sexual prowess. The lady did talk far too much. Envy did not suit her well.

As he turned from her, she turned away from him and began to walk idly, eyes cast away as though she cared nothing for him. She pretended. Acted as though he held nothing in his hand. He wasn't Frederik. With Frederik she simply would smile and listen as he raved on about his most recent obsession. No. Louis demanded her full self. Her full intelligence and prowess coming forward. With a few words he had consented to the veil dropping between them and laying themselves bare. Her hips swayed seductively as she brushed her fingers across the edge of a tapestry. "Mm... Scandalous. To jump from one brother's marriage bed to another is bad. But from father to son?" She laughed to herself. "Is there a rule against this in your holy book? In my country the father's harem is always given to the son, so it is not so strange. But, that is neither here nor there." She tossed thick dark hair over her shoulder and casted a dark eye his way. "You offer an... interesting proposition."

His uncle had sent her letters already, diplomatic and flattering, talking of her exalted beauty and the envy he felt for his own brother. And then his accusations of his nephew, his call to arms and plea for her contribution to pluck the snake from the garden.

And Louis was a snake. But a young one. A strong one. An ambitious one. Lord Thibaut was growing old and weak. Dahlia did not know if his seed would be strong enough so she could give him a son. Louis's however... If a son was born between them, a boy of Madesh and Nadhan origin would ride the between the two kingdoms, acting as the sign of unification between them.

"You already know I would make you a fine wife and bear you fine children." She said slowly. He would have taken his chances with one of his own women if not. She turned and walked purposely towards him, stopping right before him and taking his chin between her tanned fingers. Let him feel the insolence now. Stretched up on her toes her breath ghosted over his lips as she stood with only a hairsbreadth between them.

"But... my king." Her voice dropped to a sultry whisper, yet her words were laced with a strengthened poison. "How am I to know you will not kill me the moment I prove unuseful you? I care for my country, but..." she let a hand slip over her chest. "I care for my own well-being as well. I could be satisfied as the wife to an exalted emperor who would put in my womb many a powerful boy, at least he would not betray me." a dark brow cocked. Mischief danced in her eyes as a sly smirk touched her lips. Let her test his temper now. "But I am not before an exalted emperor, but rather a boy. I admit your uncle does not sound... an appetizing alternative, however, I must know you to be trustworthy as well, your majesty."

She had proved only loyal to herself, by answering that she would be on the right side of history. This was a necessary condition for her to accept him, but Louis did not fully buy it. People always had shit on them, something to hide, something he could pull on to bend them to his will. But she had nothing. Of course, threats towards her kingdom and her family would work, but that was not an easy thing to pull off. Given the circumstances of his father's death, blaming her for it was even harder. If only he had been poisoned... but no! The man was a paranoid, always had been, and Louis had to be completely sure that he died at the first attempt. This was why it had been during a hunt, where he did not leave things in the hands of a sloppy assassin.

Dahlia had not rejected his proposal fully, but of course, she was going to play hard to catch. Louis respected that. He walked around her slowly, appreciating her figure, elegantly decorated with the jewels his father had taken from what was now his kingdom. And even if they were gifts, now they belonged to him, and soon, so would her beautiful body.

He stopped. Had she just called him a boy? Louis felt the anger build up inside of him, but reacting to that taunt would, in fact, make him look like a boy, so he kept his cool. He looked at her again, measuring how much poison to throw into his words, to put her back in her place, but not to make her reject his proposal immediately.

"Worry not, young Dahlia," he was, after all, three years younger than him. "I would never be capable of hurting someone who I love," that was true, although he did not love many people, "and as a good husband to you, I would indeed love you." He knew she would not buy that crap, so he gave her a better reason. "I have no intention of picking a fight with Madesh by hurting or upsetting you after your good years are over, if that is what you're worried about," he said, once more taking the license to caress her hair. How long would she remain beautiful? He really did not care, to him, she was a political tool, but he still wanted to remind her of the fact that she would lose the beauty that made her so valuable at this point. Of course, if he ever wanted to start a war with her kingdom, he could just invade, he did not need to hurt a woman they clearly did not care too much about.

"As to your ambitions of marrying an exalted emperor, well..." He snorted, somehow finding that funny. "You can pick whoever you think has the highest chances of becoming the man of your dreams." His smile was radiant. He was probably the man with the highest potential in the continent, that was evident to anyone. His uncle was not only less powerful, but weaker and older. Dahlia's father was also old, and had made clear that he wanted peace rather than expansion. And most of the other kingdoms were simply too weak from battling Nadhan and each other. If she wanted to be the wife of an emperor, he was her best bet. But he liked the ambition.

"You can decide whether to trust me or not, and I admit, it is quite unorthodox for a son to marry his father's wife..." This would be just simple gossip which he had no problem dealing with, but she had brought it up, so he wanted to address it. "But I am quite sure the holy book has nothing against our union," he scratched his head, as if trying to remember. Of course, he would have some high priest approve their marriage in no time, and that would settle everything. It would not be cheap, but that was not a problem. "As long as there is true love tying us together, that is." He chuckled, it was funny how much the religion emphasised the importance of love in marriage, when love was never a factor when it came to taking a partner for life.

Louis, no doubt, was her best bet currently. It was a matter of not allowing him to know that now. There was nothing more dangerous than an arrogant man who knew his own power. She had seen her brothers and father, and father's father in action enough to know exactly how they exacted the power which they knew they had. Being but a woman amongst them, often brushed off and pushed away with the deep-rooted belief that she could not know anything better than they, therefore what help could she be other than to place a boy into the lineage of an ally?

She stepped away from him, away from his touch and grace. A hand came up and stroked her chin as idle eyes carefully observed him. His mannerisms. His ways. Already she could see the desire hovering just beneath his dark eyes. A hand came up to gently smooth out her hair. He was handsome enough, it made things easier, yet at the same time she was lost. A brow raised. Her good years? She chuckled.

"My darling, it does not matter what year it is, all my years shall be good years." Yet most would only care of her beauty. Her people, at least, tended to maintain their looks for a long while, well into older age.

Was being at the side of a man truly the only way she could find any solace? Even if she returned she would just be married off to whomever was awaiting, some other king from some other distant land. At least Louis had a chance for greatness. Young and ambitious, his life could go places yet. But for all she knew he would beat her everyday of her life. Worse yet, she feared he would discard her. He could take mistresses if it pleased him, her father, Fazir Al-durr himself, had a plethora of women in his harem that he jumped between at his own will.

Finally she let out a soft breath. Another man to take her into their bed and leave her pained and lacking it seemed.

Frederick was no lover. She already went in knowing it was only the man who would be pleasured, and hers was secondary if not non-existent. It didn't necessarily excite her. Perhaps he would at least be kinder. She doubted it, however. She snorted.

"If love is what is needed then I am afraid your father and I were never lawfully wedded. Neither are half the men and women among this kingdom." she scoffed. "Why have a holy book if none will even abide by it? Such folly... But regardless of if love would exist between the two of us, I admit I can see the benefits of such a union. I would like to not have to end up in the bed of another old man on the brink of death, and you can have your peace with Madesh..." then her lips curled into a smirk. "Or whatever else you may desire from me."

He chuckled back at her response to his good years comment. She was at least brave enough to give him decent banter, and he would take that. After all, a smart wife was always more attractive than a pretty one, and he could always find ladies willing to please his physical needs. However, a smart queen was a powerful ally, both inside and outside of the bedroom. Dahlia had yet to prove that she could match her looks with wits, but Louis was pleased so far.

"My father was old, I'm sure fucking... I mean, loving him was not the most pleasant experience," he laughed, trying to take the mental image of his grey haired, unfit father struggling to please Dahlia out of his head. Could he take her even knowing that his father had probably laid his disgusting hands and mouth all over her? Hell yes, he could. The question was whether his marriage with her would last beyond her good years. "Worry not, I will be a much better... husband than him."

It was a deed now. They were going to get married, and there would be no one in the kingdom strong enough to oppose him in that matter. He did not even need to ask her father for permission, and he was sure the sultan of Madesh would not even care about it. In fact, he would probably think of it as good news, guaranteeing the peace between both kingdoms for another generation...

"I will arrange for the ceremony to be immediately before the coronation, in two days time. The holy book might be full of crap, but I'm sure you know the vows? In any case, we shall complete a valid marriage and you will be queened with me." It would take giving some lands off to the priests, as well as an important donation, but after all, it was a once in a lifetime thing, right? Unless he fancied a new wife, of course. "We can learn to love each other afterwards, right?" He circled her, studying her features, looking at her hips with a hint of desire, and admiring her long, silky hair.

"I look forward to our wedding night, and you can show me whatever else you might have to offer" he murmured, coming even closer to her, and he held her hand firmly. He took out a plain golden ring, while staring at her eyes and then at her lips, and put it on her finger without even asking for permission. He grinned. "It will be the best fuck you get since you came from Madesh," he whispered, stepping back to the polite distance. Perhaps she had given herself the pleasure of cheating on his father, but he would not assume that. Cheating on the king was a dangerous game, even in he was old and fat. And even if she had, he was confident that he could still make her enjoy it more than in any of her previous experiences.

He finished his glass with a quick toss, and left it on the table, with the bottle. He did not want to toast with her to their long and happy future, because that implied that there was some doubt about it. He was certain that their marriage would work out, whether she liked it or not, and he had to focus on other issues. He looked at her, arching his eyebrows, as if asking if there were any questions.

So crude...

Yet, endearing in a way. Straightforward and without nonsense. It was edging on respectable. Edging.

It was undoubtable he only thought of her body, her gentle rolling curves and beautiful silky hair. It was all that mattered to men when they saw her. As though they would not one day grow grey and gross, yet believed she was easily discarded for such reasons. No, it was not wise to discard a Queen who would support and help them in ways other than the bedroom. If they wanted a whore for a wife they had many brothels to choose from, some even traipsed about their own castles. But if they wished for a Queen, Dahlia was one of the best to choose. If he was smart then he would keep her. He could have all the whores he wanted as long as Dahlia remained in her place.

With a brief swig Dahlia finished her wine and sat it on the table. After a moment she admired the ring that now adorned her slim finger. Eyes flicking upward back to the prince she offered a simple smile. It was teasing, edging on impish.

"Yes... We can learn to love after we have married." However soon after she had force back a flush at his promise. It was not out of the ordinary for a man to believe himself so talented. Frederick had been the same way, promising her a night she would remember. Well... She certainly remembered the pain as he beared down on her and forced his way into her dry folds until he was complete, leaving her sore and irritable for the rest of the week. In truth, in the days after his death she had been at the most peace no longer having to entertain him. His little exotic pet had been his favorite for a long while.

She pushed her flush away however and instead walked by the prince, standing so they were side by side as she looked up into his dark eyes.

"Mm..." Her eyes flickered up and down his body. "Let us see if this boy has become a man then. I do hope you can outdo your old man... in more ways than one." Her fingers brushed lightly across his own before she slid away from him without waiting to be dismissed. "I hope you don't disappoint me, my boy emperor. I will not accept anything less than the best. Now excuse me, I must be a mourning widow." Like a mask, her eyes began to shimmer with tears as she slid a handkerchief from between her breasts and into her hands. "They cannot think us too excited to bind. Let them think you just performed an act of goodwill, instead of sending a poor mourning widow back you have elected to marry her and keep the families bound. It will sate them." She pressed her hands together and stepped out.

Then she left him to his own devices, slipped away back into the fiery light of the public. Before them, only the signs of her being weak and tearful, dressed in what her dear husband had left her after his death and clinging to his gifts in her mourning.

'The poor darling.' they would whisper. 'She did not even sire a welp yet, poor dear must be so empty.'

To be a woman was to learn to act. The soothsayers from her land always warned of women being cunning creatures, working with words and poison where men worked with swords and shields. Now Dahlia proved it true, acting the innocent darling amongst a sea of wolves. Despite it all, she kept the castle ran with neat efficiency, taking on the full responsibilities of a queen up until the day of her wedding.

Dressed in greys and whites, her tan skin stood out against it, proudly displaying her heritage. Jewels were drawn in her long silky hair belying the very union that would take place. Like a fragment of the sun she had come to alight the court with gossip yet again. The silver mirror reflected back a woman of ardent beauty and reality. In ways she had become a paragon of royalty, with loyalty to the very family that had bore her to this land. There had been talk upon the announcement that the king's son had deigned to marry the king's former wife. However, Dahlia had already set out the rumors of it simply being within the good-hearted will of the good Louis to not wish to see a poor woman sent far too young into a court of knives and thorns back into savagery after she had made a home for herself amongst them. It would serve them well even if some were skeptical.

Lady Iseult was markedly among them, attempting to scorn the marriage, claiming the king would be better in marrying a commoner rather than a foreigner. It seemed her gowns had become more lowcut since then. Any lower and she need not wear a gown at all. Attempting to spend her days getting the attention of the soon to be king.

It was a bad look, that was for sure, but it was necessary, and many seemed to see the benefits of it taking to congratulating her rather than offering scorn. She slipped her head back, arching her back as she allowed her tresses of hair to be combed through by a maid. Rouge had run over her lips, painting them blood red. It highlighted the white of her teeth.

"We stand upon a historical day," Dahlia said quietly as she began to stand gathering her skirts in one hand and rising. Shimmering and glowing, she stepped from around the chair with a raised head to step out into the bright light of the court, all eyes turning to her as she walked with a marked regality to once again come to a marriage bed.

Her eyes flickered, brows twitching upward to the room of ceremony. Rolling her shoulders and stepping forward, she was prepared to take on the next step.

Louis walked out of the room with a smile on his face. The "boy emperor" comment had slightly irritated him again, but he would have plenty of time to show her how much of a man he was. On the other hand, her proposal of framing it as a pity marriage, to avoid her going back to Madesh, was a smart way to go about it. He had thought of putting it out like that, but he did not really care about it so much, as long as it allowed him to show his power. This, on the other hand, framed him like a good hearted, benevolent king who was keeping the peace and doing the woman a favour. He was, indeed, looking forward to their wedding night. There was something extraordinarily appealing about a woman with wits.

The preparations for the wedding went smoothly. As expected, Lord Thibaut only arrived on the morning of the wedding day, a grim look on his face explaining everything. A committee of Madeshian diplomats arrived too, although most of them were already residing in Nadhan. It was quite difficult for any members of Dahlia's family to arrive with such short notice, even if news travelled fast, but Louis preferred it that way. It was a way of telling the neighbours that everything would stay as it was, and that they had nothing to worry about.

On the other hand, he did not hold back with his display of wealth and power. Of course, he had won several spoils of war throughout his three successful campaigns, and he was at that point perhaps the richest man in the kingdom, with the exception of Lord Thibaut, who many thought was running some dirty businesses to keep in control of the financial power. He would need to look into that quite soon, but for the time being he wanted the ornamentation of the castle, the banquet and all of the other elements, to send him a message of power. Louis did not need his dirty money to run the kingdom, and thus without a crown, his uncle would just be a spectator of his rise to greatness.

He fastened the buttons in his wedding suit, a dark silvery grey embroiled jacket, with a tall neck and golden leaves to match his family's sigil, as he was not yet allowed to wear the traditional red colours of the king. He was marrying Dahlia as a prince, and this would make her, for a few hours princess of Nadhan. Perhaps the first queen to become princess. The coronation would come on the evening, so he was planning on keeping the wedding banquet short. Although, eventually, both celebrations would just overlap.

He walked towards the centre of the temple, a huge hall decorated with stained glass windows and all kinds of statues of gods and kings, showcasing the greatness of the divine. Louis was slightly impressed at how the priests had been able to finance such a great work of architecture. He would have to look into their resources, perhaps they were also collecting more taxes than they should... The challenge ahead of him was huge, but he was young and he was about to get a great help, or so he hoped. Dahlia arrived after the guests were seated, dressed in a white and grey and wearing a bright red lipstick which suggested that perhaps, the mourning was over. And good that it was.

Louis gave her his arm and they both walked towards the high priest. He held his head high, eyeing Lady Iseult in the crowd, looking at him with lust. He knew what she was after, and he knew better than to give it to her. Last thing he wanted was bastards springing up everywhere. However, letting her play on was the best approach, as blocking her out completely would gain him another enemy. He simply smiled at her, and then turned to Dahlia.

"You look even more beautiful than when you married my father," he said, completely honest. They reached almost the height of the priest, and Louis helped Dahlia up the steps. "Have you seen my uncle's face?" He was finding that whole event so incredibly amusing that it was hard to keep the grin off his face, even though his father had just recently died... Of course, it was just natural to be happy on the day of one's wedding, right?

It was undeniable that the royal couple was at the center of attention.

Already the court had divulged in their base need for rumors and tales spun around the couple, postulating their own theories of how this union came to be. It would have been harder to believe if Dahlia was older, yet sitting sweet at three years younger than the prince, it was rather used to point out the rather uncouth nature of her marriage to Frederick. Let them think more than just she was being rescued from being sent back to her home, she was being rescued from her golden years being wasted on a man far past his prime. And now she was pressed close to the new prince, a rather coy smile playing on her lips as dark eyes briefly slid over the crowd, catching the eyes of the Lord Thibaut. For the briefest of moments she met his hard, cold gaze. Despite her previous certainty, a shiver ran down her spine for a moment. She had made an enemy now, by choosing Louis as her husband.

A breath slipped from her nose as she simply let her eyes fall back to Louis. Oh, how lucky he was as a man. His love would not be expected to be kept between them. Yet, for her to cheat on him could very well lead her to ruin. But that did not matter now. Let him do as he wished, the bastard. He smiled now in the face of his father's death. But... it was truly a happy day, one which should be celebrated. Let the couple marry.

"Truly?" Her lips stretched into a smirk. "Your majesty flatters me, he has come looking especially handsome." Oh she had seen his uncle's face well and fought off a grimace. She was successful, keeping the glowing smile on her lips as she settled next to him. "Protect me, your majesty, if looks could kill, your uncle would bury me with your father."

"We are gathered--" The priest began, his jowls shifted as he lifted his heavy dressed head from the holy book. "Among this blessed day to look upon the binding of two kingdoms which refuse to be separated even in death. Despite the tribulations of time, love has come to prevail among them just as it prevailed among our lord. They are of two different worlds yet they come to combine before us. Our blessed prince and heir to the throne stand astride our precious gem of the desert and in their union we shall find the greatest treasure of them all: prosperity among our kingdom. Please, beloveds, speak your vows into my ear, into the ears of us all. Speak of your love and your promise. Speak of your blood and your tears. In this hour of tragedy- bless us."

Dahlia lifted her head, letting her eyes begin to shimmer as though on the edge of tears as she stepped closer to Louis, feigning the role of thankful widow as she pressed her small hands into his own and then brought them up to kiss his knuckles in a sign of submission.

"Oh, oh my darling prince. I came upon you as a mother and now you bear me as a wife in your infinite kindness. My husband had lived a life far too short, and I had not been made a proper wife before I was denied of the chance entirely. In my darkest hour you had come and lit the way. There is nothing I could do to repay you, all I can promise is that I will remain your beautiful wife and I will beget you a powerful son that shall mount the world. In this time of uncertainty, if I am the sun- shimmering and splendid- you are the moon, pale and beautiful as you light the way for us in our dark hours. Oh my prince- I give my soul unto thee, light the way ." She stepped closer and cupped his cheeks with adoring care. "For I am but a humble servant before you."

She closed her eyes after a moment and then recited her proper vows to begin fully their union. Yet again, she was a married woman. After, she opened her eyes expectantly, waiting on Louis's words.

Louis smiled at her fake vulnerability. Yes, Lord Thibaut's stare was scary, but he knew Dahlia was not intimidated by those types of gestures. He led her with his hand until she stood beside him, in front of the altar and the ostentatious priest, who took his time with his discourse. Of course, Louis was not in a rush, but he was incredibly bored by the empty words the man was just regurgitating.

He finally turned to Dahlia, as she took his hands to her lips, and he felt their soft and sensual touch, somehow slightly arousing, and his heart rate accelerated ever so slightly. He did not pay much attention to her vows, although he did look stern as she mentioned his father. Of course, this was part of the pantomime to make everyone believe that the only reason for marriage was to carry on the alliance between both kingdoms, but he still felt slightly annoyed by the fact that he kept being reminded of how his father had been married to that woman. She then moved on to mention how she would give him a powerful son, which he did not care much about at that point in his life. What completely threw him off guard was the way in which she compared herself to the sun and placed him as the moon. What was she thinking? Did she actually want to provoke him during their wedding?

He had prepared vows too, but he could not let this understatement of his power go unanswered.

"My lady Dahlia of Madesh, I come to you as a prince and heir, and honoured to take you as my wife. I hope our marriage will solidify the peace between both our kingdoms, and lead you to a happy life by my side. I shall love you for the rest of my days as my father loved you before me," there it was, the subtle hint of danger in his voice, probably only perceptible to her, "and I shall ensure that your every need is taken care of. You will be my queen and I shall conquer your heart and lead you to the light. For I am but a humble servant before you." He smiled, taking her face in his hands as she had taken his. He stared at her eyes with his dark powerful stare, and he made sure that she understood who was going to be in charge.

"I act as witness before the Lord," the priest began saying, with his hands raised over their heads, although only barely able to reach over Louis, "to give testimony of the love that this man and this woman bear for each other, and I ask Him to bless their union, make their lineage abundant and their days joyful, so that their abundance and joy may also spread through or kingdom." He took some air, making sure that the next words came out strongly. "I hereby declare you both husband and wife!" He removed his hands from their heads. "You may kiss," he added, with a subtle smile, turning away to the altar.

Louis smiled, and pulled Dahlia's face towards his gently pressing his lips against hers. He did not allow her to pull away quickly, letting the kiss last for at least two heartbeats. He had a triumphant grin in his face as he looked over at the rest of the lords. Who would dare oppose him now? He held Dahlia's hand, and looked over to her, as they began descending the steps and marching out of the temple, only to head to the banquet which was meant to be in the next room. It would not be overwhelming, for he intended the coronation ceremony to shadow the wedding in splendour. It was all to project an image of power, of course.

Their vows were short and sweet, ceremonial at best. Dahlia raised her brows as Louis went into his own, a twitch of a smile coming up as he began to speak of conquering her. Such a manly way to put it...

It was not lost on her, the subtle reminder of her place. As a woman, it was to always be beneath a man, in one way or another. Was that how he would treat everything? As though he was a conqueror and everything else needed to be conquered? He would find it far harder to treat her in such a way than one of his little whores that prances about the palace. The smile on her lips grew an inch wider as she thought about the challenge this may cause. Frederick had been easy to manipulate, though hard-headed in his own ways the man responded to cheap coos of affection and constant validation that he was still a handsome and lovely man. Louis, however, knew she was far more cunning and he had practically invited that cunning to rest alongside his own. But he could not have cunning and subservient intertwined. He could have a subservient little bitch, but not in her.

As though to mark her point, subtly and imperceptibly she nipped at his lip as he kissed her, she looked up at him from beneath dark lashes as she pulled away before turning to the crowd and offering a bright smile as their hands intertwined and they began to walk towards the banquet. It would be a long day, first the banquet and riding on the coattails would be the coronation. And then... their first night as husband and wife. Their marriage bed would have to be filled and she felt a hint of nervousness at the idea. She knew what she was doing.

Although a virgin before coming, she had been trained by her servants in the arts of pleasing a man whether it be oral or any other method. She did not know just how talented Louis was, however.

As they came to the banquet and took their seats, Dahlia looked up and smiled politely at the guests that read in after them.

"Interesting choice of words, my prince." She said quietly as she flicked her eyes up at him and raised an amused brow. "Shall you conquer me in every way? Should I have to watch myself in public and private?"

She leaned forward and let her hand rest on his forearm and then skirt up his bicep. "I look forward to seeing your attempts, majesty. Let us see if an emperor can be made out of you yet."

Louis sat at the table right next to his newly wed bride. Around them were several lords and ladies, including Lord Thibaut, whom he had placed to his left on purpose. He wanted to keep an eye on him, and the best way to do that was to have him close. He signalled for everyone to begin their meals, as he wanted to finish that as soon as possible. The highlights of the day were yet to come, including the coronation ceremony and his first night with Dahlia, which he was obviously looking forward to.

"You should always watch yourself, my love," said Louis, sipping a glass of wine. "But I would say I have conquered you already," he grinned, and extended the silence before finishing his sentence, creating tension. "And you have conquered me." He resolved the tension with a soft kiss on her lips, and gently parted. "But I will rule what I conquer with determination, protect it with all my strength, and punish those who threaten the peace I will guarantee." He did not look at Lort Thibaut, but those words were meant for him, as well as Dahlia, with different intentions.

He then frowned and moved closer to whisper in Dahlia's ear. "You keep questioning my power, but I don't want to punish you on our first night together," there was a lusty playfulness to his tone which suggested that he had not meant that in a controlling and authoritarian way. Or had he? He caressed her forearm in return, smiling and turning back to his food.

He proceeded with the meal, an exquisite piece of duck, prepared in the Nadhan style, accompanied by an assortment of vegetables and fruits from Madesh. It was a representation of what their marriage would bring, and he hoped the gesture would help reassure the Madesh ambassadors about the fact that his intentions towards their country were good. The meal proceeded, with a couple of controlled taunts at Lord Thibaut, who stared with little appetite at his food. Louis made sure that there was no one getting drunk yet by ordering to serve a delicious yet less fermented wine with the meal, and providing abundance of food, to make sure no one was drinking on an empty stomach. He offered three toasts, as was custom, and turned to Dahlia towards the end of the meal.

"So, tell me, Lord Thibaut," Louis eyed him, with a serious but relaxed expression. "When can we expect your long deserved retirement?" Louis took a bite of meat and arched his eyebrows, examining his uncle as if it were an interesting animal. "I would hate to lose another family member to another unfortunate accident." The look became darker. "You obviously keep in better shape than my father," he smiled, trying to relax the tone, "but no one is free from the erosion of time, am I wrong?" He took another bite of meat as he eyed him, knowing that he would have caught the threat veiled in his words.

"I have plenty more war in me," replied the older man, grasping a knife with perhaps too much tension. No, threatening him would not work by any means. Thibaut had been through hell several times and come out of it with almost all limbs intact.

"I am sure you do, I expect nothing less. It is good to have people around me for all times. For times of peace, I can rejoice in the company of my beautiful wife," he put a hand on Dahlia's back and caressed her, smiling, "and when war comes, and I am sure it will, I would be honoured to have you riding by my side. I am not my father." He knew his uncle would understand that. Louis's greatest hope to keep him under control was to have him fighting. Thibaut loved that, and as long as he kept taking war spoils and glory, the veteran commander would not take action against the king, not now that it was obvious that his claim to the throne was too weak. This didn't mean that Louis trusted him, but it meant that he could use him. And that saved him the headache of having to kill him. His uncle did not reply, but turned back to his food and began eating with more appetite.

Through hooded eyes and a lazy smile, Dahlia watched her new husband as he caressed her, put her in her place. Such an interesting man. They had not been close before, she doubted either of them had been interested in performing the expected duties that would have belied them before Frederick's death, but there was a certain spark that was lit within her as she watched him. The subtle motions. The challenge. They could only share pleasantries in public, with her feigning the look of the submissive wife as she toyed with him with her hidden messages marked in her words. Yet once they were in private...

She pulled back for a moment as she glanced at the visage beside her.

It never occurred to her that he might be particularly violent or volatile in the bedroom. Perhaps worse. If he hit her then that would not due. She was a Queen, a princess, not something for a man to take his day out on. Let that be left to the servants. If he wished to strike her then he would find himself in a rather unfortunate position sooner than he could lift a single finger against her bruised flesh.

However, watching him with his uncle was all she needed to know he would never lay a finger on her.

At least not in anger.

He was much too subtle of a man for that. He had a preference for words and threats rather than fists. Perhaps that was preferable. Perhaps it wasn't. But only time would tell. She leaned and took his hand into her own as she smiled at Lord Thibaut.

"It is a joyous day that I am welcomed into your family, Lord. I pray we see each other in good health from now until the end. Your letters of concern were gracious and I thank you for them but--" She caressed Louis's arm. "I believe your nephew has done his job of taking care of a poor young woman. You needn't worry any longer, I am none of your concern." His withering glare were the only words he needed, though Dahlia did not speak more only because she saw movement out of the corner of her eye as Lady Iseult stepped up, hands on her skirt as she dipped into a low curtsy, her dress cut low and her golden hair swept up into a bun. She smiled up at the soon to be King.

"I simply came to offer my congratulations to you, majesty, for your alliance with the Madesh. Once again you have displayed your power and conquered savagery." She said as she looked up at him and stood straight, chin pointed forward. "It was bold to marry your father's widow and kind."

Dahlia let her speak, waiting a beat to hear if she would finish and then offered her hand for the ritual greeting, waiting patiently for Iseult to take it and kiss it. "He has done us a great service, hm? He is my lovely moon." She touched his arm with the other hand as Iseult pressed a kiss to her palm. "And I would have it no different. Let us hope we dispel all savagery and the uncouth from these very courts during our reign, hm?"

Iseult shifted uncomfortably for a moment. "Yes, your majesty."

Dahlia pulled her hand back and took a sip of wine. "Oh, dear, where are my manners, we thank you for your support, darling. I saw you caught the eye of one of the Madesh ambassadors, I'm glad you are pulling the savage over to the light."

She needed more wine, it seemed it was going to be a long night. Though longer for Iseult judging by the shades of red she had just flushed to. Dahlia hid her smirk behind her wine cup and waved the girl off instead.

Louis smiled as he heard the words from Dahlia towards his uncle, making it clear that she mason his side. It made him feel powerful to have her back him up, and he liked that. He turned to her and smiled, giving her a gentle kiss on her cheek, as a reward for her kind words. He knew she was acting out to be the submissive lady, as she had with his father, but he also knew how to take advantage of that. If the kingdom saw that he had her under control, they would also believe that he had the upper hand in the relationship with Madesh, and that was an important message to convey.

The meal was soon over, and he was enjoying a piece of fruit as his desert as Lady Iseult walked up to them, and he grimaced. It was annoying to have to deal with her. Her tongue, sharp but also perhaps too obvious, attacked as he expected. Dahlia handled her elegantly, forcing her to kiss her hand, and Louis smiled. That was a pretty impressive action, and he was pleased.

“A king must me bold, my lady,” replied Louis, addressing her comment on him marrying his father’s widow. “And a young woman like your self must be looking for a man to take her out to the dance tonight!” He smiled, almost laughing at the comment. There would be a dance after the coronation, although he had not much intention of assisting for long. More important matters were to be taken care of in the bedroom. “I would recommend the soon to be Duke Paul, he must be your age, and his moves on the dance floor are… elegant.” They were also quite feminine, but that was not a problem he was concerned about. Iseult was not much younger than Dahlia, that was also true, but he just wanted to disrespect her to the point where he did not consider her a woman. “Or perhaps one of the Madesh ambassadors! It would be good to show them our Nadhan traditions…” He waved her off, glad to be rid of her. It would have been a curse to be married to a woman like that, too ambitious, yet to stupid to earn the power they thought they deserved.

The thing that annoyed him was hearing Dahlia call him moon. He would make sure she learnt the appropriate terms of address after they got some time in private. He would not be the moon king who reflected the will of his wife, that was for sure. She had freedom to deal with any issues she pleased, as long as she did not interfere with him.

The meal was over, and the coronation followed. It felt like a boring procedure, going through the motions, and much more disappointing than he had expected it. Both him and Dahlia received symbolic gold and silver crowns respectively, as was tradition, and he made a short speech about peace and prosperity for the kingdom. It was not the time to throw out knives, and so he remained formal. For some reason, the piece of metal on his head felt less powerful than he had expected, and more annoying.

“Queen Dahlia,” he said to her, as they walked over to the dance room, as tradition stated, to initiate the social pantomime that would follow. “It must feel good to have the title back.” He leaned in closer, to whisper in her ear. “And I’m sure it will feel even better, once you earn the crown you’re wearing.” He wanted to be clear with her. She had not yet proved to be a worthy queen, and up to now, she was just a tool which he could use to climb to power. She had shown hints of wits and of course, with time, that would make her a good queen. But he needed her to understand that it was him giving her power, and not the other way round.

Watching Iseult scurry away, head bowed and reddened, was the highlight of Dahlia's night. It served her right, and may it keep her from such foolishness again. She was a lady and Dahlia a queen. Iseult could hope to come upon as nothing more than a girl in a court much bigger than herself. It was a strange thrill to see the ease with how Louis dismissed her, barely even a second glance. It solidified Dahlia's own position as his queen. At least in public, she would always be the first person to look to, the most powerful woman among them. He sat by her during dinner and took her hand during prayer. Already she felt her head rise higher as she offered a polite smile to the rest of the guests showing her goodwill. She had taken to ensure none would walk over her and all would remember her position, but she could not afford to look like the villain. She was not the villain. She was the good and gracious queen that offered smiles and well-wishes, seeming the pious and submissive wife to their intense and mighty King.

And King he became upon his coronation. Their shared crowns hung heavy on her head, though she begrudged hers was not as opulent as Louis's, she knew why quite well. What would it look like for a Queen to outshine a King? A small smirk began to dance on her lips. Perhaps they would find out soon, depending on Louis's role. With her title solidified, she planned on wasting no time beginning to get what she wished done. Louis only made it easier because there was no mask to wear around him. He knew who she was, the cunning quick-tongued minx, not the sweet and submissive exotic flower his father had brought in.

And the minx came out as he whispered into her ear. Swept into a dance she placed her hands on his shoulder, letting a thumb stroke tantalizingly over the exposed skin of his neck before she let her eyes rise to meet his own.

"But of course, and perhaps one day you will leave boyhood behaind and become a man. We both have things to prove, don't we?" She turned in a spin and pressed her back against him, she looked up at his face, watching him with glittering eyes. "And then perhaps you will be worthy of the title Exalted Emperor as well one day. You can't think yourself out of the woods yet, majesty."

She faced him again, stepping in close as other began to join in around them in the ceremonial dance. The night would likely descend into some type of party as the royal couple took their leave to the marriage bed soon. That cause a certain nervousness to pierce her, but she did not let it show.

"Now, my moon, the only question is when you shall do it." She pulled slightly back, letting the tip of her fingers touch his own for a moment and then smiling challengingly.

Louis was confused. He was not used to people challenging him, and much less women. But in this case, he was being challenged by his new wife, who had submitted to his will of marrying. Was she actually thinking that she could use him? Take advantage of his position and scale up in the power ladder to even challenge him? No, that would not be allowed, but he was not worried at all. It was only a matter of time before she understood her position. He did not want her to be a trophy, like his father had, but instead, she would be a tool to help him control the court. He did not have time to supervise armies and whispers, and she was in a good position to take care of the latter. Louis had no doubt this would eventually work out for them, but in the time being, he had to take her challenge and beat her. And the prospect was slightly arousing.

"I was thinking," he commented, as he turned her around, in coordination with the music, placing a hand on her waist and pulling her closer to him, "that perhaps I will have to conquer a nation or two before I an earn that emperor title. I hope you have no issues with that." He smiled, charmingly. There was an implicit threat in his words, meant to highlight the power he had of destroying the fake peace their marriage represented.

The dance carried on without much more exchanges of threats. He did not want to give her the impression that he cared about what she felt about him. He wanted her to respect him, but if she did not... well, he had his methods. And in the worst case, something terrible would happen to her, and then that would become the perfect excuse to declare war on Madesh. Louis was used to doing things his way, and unless she was actually able to keep up with him, which she might be, he was going to leave her behind like he had left his father before.

The crowd clapped as the newly crowned monarchs finished their dance. Louis did not bow, for the crown needed to remain stable on his head, and he finally understood the purpose of such an awkward ornament. Is was to remind kings that they bow to no one. He held Dahlia's hand and raised it above their heads, triumphant. The day had been a huge triumph, as could be seen in the faces of the most problematic lords, including his uncle. Both Dahlia and him had taken a great victory, and now was the time to celebrate it properly.

"In the queen's name and my own, I wish to thank you all sincerely for attending this historical day," he proclaimed, his voice powerful but calm. "I take your presence here as a sign of friendship and loyalty, and I hope to build a better future for our kingdom with your contributions as well. The queen and I must now attend our marital duties," he smiled, as a small murmur spread through the crowd.

It was custom to announce that they were going to consummate the marriage, and it was important to make it clear that they would attempt to produce an heir. The bad tongues already whispered against Dahlia and her Madesh blood, about how that would bring a cursed prince or even worse, no prince at all. The fact that his father had not been able to make her pregnant did not help the rumours, so it was especially important that they sent a clear message, so no one could question the validity of their marriage.

Without letting go of Dahlia's hand he began to walk towards the exit of the hall, as the crowd moved apart to make way for them. A sudden burst of adrenaline made his heart beat faster, but he concealed the emotions. He needed to remain calm, even though he was excited at the prospect of what was going to happen. He looked het eyes, trying to see through them into her mind. She was more beautiful than he had recalled, something about the fact that she was now his wife made his desire grow beyond his own expectations. It was going to be a long night, hopefully.

Louis was a typical man.

He would not be brought to his knees by a woman. He could not think of her as anything other than an object to use to get his way. Whether that be political or sexual, he did not expect her thought to be independent from his own. Nor did he think she could conquer on her own. Like the arrogant little boy he was, she was certain he did not know that there was a possibility he could lose. Dahlia felt a shrill thrill run along her spine at the very thought of gripping that arrogance and causing it to crumble beneath her nimble fingers. Even under the weight of his unspoken threat, she did not crumble. That was not the blood of the Madesh. That was not her blood. Perhaps the women in his court were weak-willed and dumb, but he had mistaken her kindness for weakness. Her allyship for submission. He was useful to her and that was the only reason he had gotten her hand.

Their dance had been more than just a social dalliance, it was a calculated game as she sized him up from beneath dark lashes. Eyes lowered as though in submission but rather she waited idly for her moment to strike. There was a chance in the bedroom to once again show her cards. He was confused, unsettled by her, a woman, daring to show her challenge for his rule. He forgets himself. He would not forget himself again.

With a smile and a flourishing nod of her head, she took after her husband and did not bow.

No.

She planned on him being the one lowering himself tonight. As they walked with careful steps back to their marriage bed, she chanced a look up at him. A cool confidence was all that colored her features. Not a hint of nerves. A slight quirk of her lip had brought a smirk spread over her face as they took a step into their personal quarters. As the guards pushed the doors closed Dahlia looked up at the man through her lashes and walked away from him, letting her hips rock with every step, but saying nothing at first, simply standing before the mirror as she began to unpin her hair, letting it fall in long silky waves to the middle of her back. As though bored she glanced back over her shoulder towards him, offering a lazy smile as she undid her dress straps, letting it fall to the floor and pool about her ankles, leaving her in naught but a corset and stockings.

She turned again, tucking one ankle under the other as she looked up at her now husband and gestured to the bed.

"Do you not want to lie down, darling husband? You have been standing all day." She spoke softly, resting herself against the vanity. "Let me undress you."

Louis stood still, staring with a frozen smile at Dahlia as she undressed. He was not going to show weakness, not at this point. His eyes scanned her fingers as they undid the laces on her dress, and moved closer as she unpinned her hair, flooding the room with a delicious aroma. He nodded, pleased, as she let the fabric drop to the ground, revealing her perfect body. He looked at her thighs in stockings and the cheeks of her butt, for which he tilted his head, as if attempting to judge their quality. He then walked around her and inspected her front, her perky breasts exposed above her corset. He emitted a short hum, pleased.

"Not yet," he replied, raising a hand to stop her, as she asked him to lie down and to undress him. "The night is the time where the moon is in command," he smiled, holding her cheek with one hand and gently kissing her lips. He did not push them apart, simply savoured their velvet texture with his own, taking his time and showing his controlled and steady breath. He was not nervous.

He let his other hand climb up to her corset, which he did not remove, and rested his palm on her left breast, as he kissed again, this time a bit longer, and gave it a gentle squeeze. The texture was plump and soft, an he delighted himself in it, enjoying her naked vulnerability while he still had his robes on. He could feel her heart rate racing, and he knew she was either nervous or aroused, probably both. Her composure remained calm, but the heart did not lie. He smiled, teasing her nipple with his finger and then giving it a gentle squeeze. He wanted to play with her before he had his way, and he wanted to make it clear that she was just a toy for him. And he was going to have fun.

Immediately, he turned round and stood still, keeping the tension of the silence in the air a while longer, and walked towards the bed. He stood beside it and walked out of his shoes, his bare feet stepping silently on the wooden floor of the bedroom.

"Now, I command you to undress me," he said, without turning to her, extending his arms at his sides to make the task easier, "and to undress the rest of yourself, including the jewels." He tilted his head, as if thinking. "Actually, I'm feeling generous. You can keep one item, so choose wisely." He smirked, it was fun to play with her as if she was insignificant.

But he suddenly felt the heat and had to breathe slightly more deep, no sweat growing on his forehead yet, fortunately. He was excited, more than he had ever been before sex in the last couple of years. He felt his heart beat faster, and he wished that she would not notice immediately, for it was the only hint of desire she would get from him. Well, his penis was growing to a bulge under his gown, and she would obviously find that out quite soon, but that was just proof of his healthy condition as a man. He was confident in his defence and in his authority, and he was ready to withstand her and put her in her place.

He would not capitulate easily, such was known. Despite the simple request that had been given, it was denied with a skilled grace. Like a serpent he had slithered against her, warm against her front with gentle lips against her own. Without knowing her heartbeat had elevated. His touch was gratifying, running tenderly across her breasts. To her chagrin, her nipples had begun to harden beneath his finger. The shudder at the edge of her spine was repressed before he pulled back and away from her. Shifting her weight she could feel the beginnings of wetness between her thighs, causing her body to warm despite the chill that set in during the night. Bright eyes looked up as she centered herself once more, walking up to him with soft-footed motions.

Without thinking, a chuckle edged on her lips as she eyed her new husband from behind, letting her eyes trail him from his feet to the top of his head. A king through and through. Attempting to act like one now. More than that, acting as a king and treating her as just another one of his faithful subjects. Such folly to have been bestowed upon her in this bedroom. As she stepped into his line of sight once again, she let a soft giggle escape her.

"Oh? What fun... What fun." She murmured lowly, stepping just a few inches closer to him. "You 'command' me?"

Plump lips tugged into a smirk, she made no move to slip off her own clothes, yet she began to tug against the restraints of his robes, letting them begin to fall open to his chest. As his skin was exposed, she allowed her fingernails to brush lightly across it, trailing up and up until the brushed up his collarbone and brushed his neck. Cupping his cheek she stood on her toes as she pressed a kiss to his lips, letting it linger and then trailing her lips down to his neck. A small nip where she felt his heart pulsing and she pulled back, letting her hand trail down yet again.

Her fingers just barely brushed his hardened cock. She let it fall exposed, but did not yet grasp it.

"You command so much and offer so little... Such an unappreciative boy. Lacking all gratefulness for the wife that has been bestowed upon him. Oh... why should I allow you to look upon any more of me?" Her index finger trailed on the underside of his penis, carefully brushing up until she reached the tip, letting dropped of precum fall upon her fingers. Bringing it up she carefully slid it into her mouth, wrapping her tongue around the tip of her finger,

"What can you do for me, my darling husband, to convince me to undress for you?"

He was pleased at her initial defiance, he did not expect her to be easy, and he enjoyed the challenge she was presenting herself to be. He let her open his robes, revealing his naked body, young but still scarred here and there, as a consequence of his recklessness in battle. He felt some goosebumps as her fingernails caressed his skin, but he managed to restrain himself from shivering with delight. He stared down at her, cold eyes, letting her know that he was expecting more. He did not kiss her back as she pressed her lips against his, and then allowed her to move down his cheek and neck, tilting his head backwards slightly. She was good.

As she found his erect shaft, he could not hold the shiver any longer. Her fingers caressed it ever so gently, but the feeling was enough to make him harden all the way to a fully erect and respectable size. He did not look down, although the cool attitude he had brought all along was now being shattered by her electric fingertips and the sweet, seductive sound of her voice. He gasped, as a drop of precum escaped his excited genitals, and he watched as she collected it and tasted it. Her intentions were clear, she was not going to hold back, and she was ready to battle for every inch in the bedroom. She did not mind playing dirty. He breathed in deeply and prepared to strike back.

"Well, my fresh new wife should know..." he took her hand and circled her until he was behind her, "that she must offer something for me to be grateful. Something special." He wanted to make her feel like she was disposable. He could get any whore in the kingdom as many times as he wanted, and he wanted her to know that.

He let his other hand gently slide up her stockings, caressing her thigh, until it reached one of her butt cheeks, and he firmly grabbed onto it, with absolutely no consideration for the amount of force used. He squeezed it, feeling its firm and soft texture, and rubbed it twice before humming with approval. He took his other hand to her lower back, resting it on the corset, and gently pushed her forward, causing her upper body to fall into the bed while her feet stood fixed on the floor.

"But I am, of course, a generous king," he began rubbing the inside of her thighs, letting his thumb casually caress the outside of her labia. "And a loving husband. And I will offer you a sign of good faith," he said, allowing his thumb to rub once more against the outside of her vagina, and searching for her clit. He gently caressed the area for a while, feeling her wetness in his hand, and making sure not to press too hard yet. He began a circular motion around her clit, letting her fluids lubricate the whole process.

He knelt down on one knee, pretending to come close to her, as if he were going to use his mouth. Many women enjoyed that, and he wanted to make her feel the anticipation, as he exhaled his excitement close to her perfect butt cheeks, so she could feel his breath close. He pulled down her stockings as his fingers sped up just slightly, parting her folds for him to move in with his mouth... He slapped her ass. Hard, but not as hard as it could get. He stood up, letting his robes fall completely to the floor, and looking down on her with authority.

"But I must punish insurrection," he said. "And I can show no mercy. This was the first one, and two remain, for three times you have called me moon today." He rubbed her butt cheek gently once more and slapped it harder, this time allowing for some inertia and leaving a red mark on her skin. He saved the third on for later. And a third time. "Now, show me why you deserve to be queen of anything," he whispered, leaning closer to her, with one hand on her corset, and allowing his still perfectly erect penis to graze the now red skin where he had struck.

A rather knowing smile began to curl on her lips when she felt him shiver against her touch, gasp and fall further into her pleasure-filled touch. There was no doubt a battle was well underway, one which was not fought with fists but rather with fingertips running tantalizingly across scarred abdomens and up soft thighs. It was enough, a win to have caused him to slip further into acknowledging his own attraction to her. Yet, at the same time, she felt herself grow more excited between the legs, feeling the soft sensitive insides of her legs growing wet with her arousal. She squeezed the closed at first, almost afraid he would smell her aroused scent or notice the glisten that had appeared.

Before she could even step in for her next movement he had stepped behind her, that wonderful grip running across her body and landing on her rear. She pressed her lips together to keep a groan from escaping her as he squeezed her soft and firm cheeks of her arse. His strength lent himself a great advantage as he easily pressed her chest to the bed, keeping her in a vulnerable position, one which caused her heart to beat faster within her chest as his fingers began to play between her legs.

A shudder ran through her as those expert fingers did their erotic dance across her. A soft groan escaped her lips as her fingers scrambled against the sheets for purchase, not expecting him to be so skilled. Or at least not expecting him to be so worried of another's pleasure. It was a blip, an unknown in her planning. Something which, despite the fog of pleasure that slowly encased her had to be reorganized for.

As his fingers found her clit, she had to bite her lip to keep from letting out another moan, feeling herself grow wetter... feeling him kneel and prepare to lap at her with a long and deliciously warm tongue against her sensitive cunt. A soft breath of anticipation pulled in through her teeth, a feeling she had only heard of how much pleasure it brought yet she yearned for it all the more. To know the King would provide such a thing...

A sharp gasping yelp escaped her when he struck her rear hard and fast. She steeled herself, ready for when the next came, leaving behind a stinging burn. And oddly yet, arousal. It felt as though she was practically dripping, feeling his cock pressed against her rear. Yet, she was steeled, flared, and determined. The pain gave way to clarity and pushed away the pleasure she had been lost in.

Deftly, she reached behind her and slipped his cock between her soft thighs, squeezing them around his hard shaft, letting it rub against the length of her cunt, but never letting it dip within her warm wet depths. She canted her hips, letting the friction begin to stimulate him, feeling herself growing more aroused feeling the warm length run across the sensitive nerves there, but more than that, she was in control. Pushing up hard she reached back until her head laid on his chest, she looked up at him arching her back and squeezing his cock tightly between her thighs.

"Oh?" She whispered huskily. "Oh? Look upon me." She gripped his hand hard and let it run first over the corset and then ride up further to her breast, the flesh warm and soft beneath his hand. She closed her own around his to make him hold it tightly. Reaching with her other arm she hooked her hand at the back of his head, forcing his lips close to her own. "Look upon what I give unto you if only you treat me as I am worth. Look upon the peace that I bestow upon you. You, my darling, have everything to be grateful for. Yet, you give me nothing in return."

She yanked him down, pressing her tongue into his mouth, holding his in an erotic dance, determined to capture every breath he lost and hold it as her own. Latching hard on to him, she pulled back for only a moment, lips red and swollen from their exchange.

"No. No, I need not prove anything to you, for I am what I am. I am a Queen, and you are nothing but a boy. It runs through my blood, courses through my veins, yet looking upon you." A teasing smile crossed her lips. "I see only a boy paling in my radiance. Why should I have settled for you, darling? What makes you worthy of my submission?"

Louis smiled as she almost failed to contain her yelp. A surprise attack was always effective, and he had found her weak spot. Of course, the queen would not go down easily, but he knew his enemy better than she had anticipated, and there were more weapons up his sleeve. However, he did not expect her to fight back so fiercely, and when his cock was trapped between her thighs and her humid genitals, he could not avoid flinching with pleasure and surprise. He put an arm around her, grabbing her breast, trying to hold on to it as she began rocking back and forth, giving him a shudder of pleasure which was followed by a deep breath. Control.

His hand kept her face up, as he stared at her, holding her gaze in defiance. Her words were growing more and more daring, but he knew that the only way to stop that was the desire that she had for him. He had seen it, he had felt it, and he knew that she would not be able to hold her dominant face against him for long. After she kissed him and pulled away, Louis stood there, taking her words with a tall chin, knowing that she was powerless in front of him. He knew she was trying to provoke him, perhaps get him to spank her again? He would not be controlled by her words.

"You are nothing but a tool to me," he spoke softly, almost unaffected by the quickness of his heartbeat. Walking closer, he dangled her earring and locked it lose without much effort, inspecting it with feigned interest and tossing it to the floor. "Your words are empty, and I know you bluff." He took her other earring off and kissed her, letting the jewel drop to the ground. He put more passion than he had desired into that last kiss, as he felt the need to take in her breath as she had taken his in. While their lips locked, his hand snuck into her lower lips and parting them, causing to of his fingers to become sticky with her wetness. He wiped them on her neck and then kissed the skin, moving apart slightly after he finished, smiling.

"I see only a girl who has not been fucked properly in a long time," his tongue was sharp, and so was his mind, despite the arousal, "who is too proud to go for any less than a king", he smirked. "You are too arrogant to satisfy your needs with a lesser man, and therefore, your desire makes you mine. But you are going to have to earn your pleasure" he warned. "I will only return favours, but I am a generous king." He knew she would eventually make a small concession, he just needed to be patient and diplomatic about it.

"Kneel before your future emperor, please me with your mouth, and I shall make you the happiest woman in the kingdom," perhaps not the happiest, but the richest woman she would be for sure. His voice was tense, a hint of a threat almost masked in it. Louis had been involved in his father's death after all, and she knew it. How much was she willing to risk by playing that dangerous power game?

He wanted Dahlia to lower herself, to follow up on the dirty intentions which she had signalled by tasting his premium. Louis wanted to make her feel like a dirty, hopeless whore, before he elevated her and gave her the status of a queen. Any other woman would have easily fallen into that pattern, but she was used to power, and he was sure that his father had never indulge in such games in the bedroom. No, the previous king saw her like more of a heir-making machine than anything else, but that worked in Louis's favour. In his strategy, after he broke her down, he would give her what no other man could, and she would have to love him for it.

That was the plan, at least, but his own cock throbbed with anticipation and desire. How long would he be able to hold before throwing away all plans? How long until he could bare the tension no longer and he ended up begging for her to open her thighs to him? He stared at Dahlia with a poker face, trying to avoid revealing his weaknesses so that she would finally bend to his will.

His fingers were deft and her words were quick, forcing her own mind to race within its recesses, even as she felt the spark of pleasure tingle on her spine as he took her into another kiss of equal passion to which she had brought him in. It was a dangerous game they played, and it was only her focus on his words that led her to keep focus. It was, truly, a session she was enjoying. Never had there been so much effort put forth by her partner in the bedroom. Frederick had been easily pleased, and he did not expect any discussion other than his fevered grunts and soon her faked high-pitched moans. However, she had to bite her lip to keep her moans from Louis. When it came to most men, often there had to be a fine line struck between submission and domination. It was up to Louis where she stopped.

Some men longed for a woman that would step atop them and take all they were worth, leaving herself as the true leader and guide and he as her servant. Yet, some men desired only the knowledge they had dominated such a beautiful and contesting woman, giving unto her all she desired in order to keep her as the conquered.

Dahlia felt a tug at her lip at his demand. To whore herself out now would be to lose. Though... the thought of him pleasuring her so thoroughly was enticing. She could not show weakness now. It would lead to her downfall. As a woman, a queen, the balance had to be found. He could not toss her out like a cheap whore. He could not replace her. She was his one and only.

"Mm... Who is the tool here, Louis?" she asked quietly, taking small steps forward, eyes up, locked on his own. Her feet made no sound as they padded across the cold floor, small and tanned. "You seem convinced of your own power, yet if you had any you would not need to ask me to kneel. But... you are wrong. I am not so proud to go for less than a king. Why... a lesser king stands before me now..."

She stopped right before him, her hand snaking to his cock and finally, she took it fully in her warm hand, squeezing just enough to bring forth pleasure before gently pumping him in her hand. "I bluff? No. I never bluff. No words of mine shall ever be a lie. You are nothing to me. You were an opportunity, one which I took. I could have had any man I desired, but I chose you because of the promise of what you would become, not what you were. A boy. An Emperor would have already had the spoils of his conquest." She moved her hand fast, standing on her toes to latch her teeth to his neck, biting down with gentle pressure, ensuring to leave her mark. "You only have empty words. Perhaps I feel pity and will show you kindness." Slowly she squatted, continuing to rub his penis with fast deft movements, leaning in so he could feel her warm breath against its sensitive tip. Her hand moved to his balls, gently caressing them.

"My poor dear moon, never knowing true pleasure before." A pink tongue slid between plump lips, flickering momentarily at his tip, swirling around it. Then she pulled away standing up fully as she shook her head, only letting him have a taste of what she could offer.

"Mm... No. I only show such kindness to Kings. Not petty little children who think they have power." She stepped back, turning away from him as she began to slowly undo her corset, plucking at each string. It loosened, then fell from her body as she slid onto the bedsheets. Her legs were spread, exposing herself to him as she tilted her head back as if appraising him from her position. An idle hand ran down her belly, stopping just at her entrance. "You promised me an intense fucking tonight, but all I have are words." a faux pout touched her lips. "Do you hope to tire me out first to hide that you cannot please a woman? There is no shame in admitting such..."

Back
Top Bottom