Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Home again

Tassia was working hard as she always did. Her long red hair was up off her tanned face showing her clear blue eyes off.She stood out here, even though there were other with elfin blood she was different. Her mother came from atropical island and that was where she got her looks. She stood finally having clean the broken glass of the foor. She looked at the child who had run into the woman she hiered to help out and shook her head.

"Five mugs and a bottle of wine." She muttered going back behind the counter. She gave a man at the bar a cold look as she passed him. The the love of all things good he would not leave her be. How many times did shehave to regect him before he got the hint? She had been courted off and on over the years, mostly by the naval men, they knew and liked her but she did not return their feelings. she had been in love years ago and ever since her heart had been cut off.

The sun had been out that day, like it always was here, even when the sea was rough the weather was fair on this island port. She could still remember it. She had gone to the docks with him holding his hand the whole way there trying not to cry. She did not ask him to stay or tell him she wanted to go withhim, she was trying to save him the hurt of her wanting him to stay, She remembered that and his promise to come back, but all these years later he had not kept it. Sometimes she thought that maybe he had died at sea, or found some woman and settled down and was to ashamed to let her know. Even so she still wore the shell necklace he had made her.

Tassia was snapped out of her walk down memory lane when a young boy came in with a order written on asheet of paper. The man who ordered it would be allong to collect shortly.She moved the barrels he had ordered out front and leaned against the wall waiting for him to show and pay.

Walking off the gang-plank, the sweet smell of the salty sea air blowing in the wind, causing the man's jet-black hair to ruffle slightly. Reaching the ground of the port, the figure turned saluting to his fellow ship-mates as he looked over the town he had known what seemed like a life-time ago.

In all truthfulness, Amos would have returned a long time ago, to the streets he had once belonged, the family he had grown up with and the girl he had once loved, whom he had promised to return to, leaving her with a single necklace made of shells he had collected from the beach. With circumstances the way they were though, he had no choice to continue his life at sea, the life he had practically been forced to, both out of his own morals, for fear of his life and also for all the men on the ship. Even so, with the need for re-supplies after a successful voyage, Amos had eagerly pointed out this port town, smiling the entire journey knowing that for once he would finally be seeing his home again.

As his green eyes surveyed the familiar streets around him, Amos once again could smell the town life, the busy port was home to many people, but he also had a duty here. With any kind of ship that sailed the seas, the crew drunk a constant supply of spirits and, with Amos being on shore duty, it was his job to acquire the supplies. Having sent a boy on ahead with a note of what he wanted and a promise of a gold coin for his troubles, Amos thought of how he would find the people he left behind, particularly the girl.

The boy returned quickly saying a tavern girl would be waiting for him and his payment. Smiling, Amos flicked a coin to the boy who pocketed it quickly before running off, as Amos rounded the corner to the sight of the tavern, it's sign swinging outside as a woman waited beside barrels of his spirits. What was even more surprising was the familiarity of the girl... Where had he seen her before, someone he knew but had grown up. It was then that the shell necklace flashed into view. "Tassia...?" He stuttered, shocked to see someone he knew so well.

Tassia turned and looked, "I can't be outside all day. I have a place to run, sending the boy ahead was nice by knowing when you would arrive would have been better." Tassia said pushing off the wall and grabbing a paper. "This is a list of what you wanted and the price. I can give you water for free just chareg for the barrle, it dose go stale if left atsea for to long though." she said holding out the paper.

She had changed since they last met. being an elf she had been tall, thing, very out of place with the budding young women. Now she was a woman, curved, breasts, soft smooth skin. She had grown into the hight she reached so early. There were signs though of that girl he knew. She wore his necklace still, she still wore hoops for earings, butit was they eyes that remained the same. those eyes that were theocolor of the sky, and filled with a brightness nothing could match.

"Do I know you Sir?" tassia leaned in and up to get a better look. She used to teas him saying almost all humans looked the same but he was special. She leaned back when it hit herlooking at him with shock. This she hadnot been expecting. She slapped him, not very hard but enough to stun across the face.

As she had slapped him Amos recoiled from the blow slightly, not expecting it. He knew that it had been a long time since he had left but there was no real need to be so... blunt about it. The fact that it wasn't entirely his fault made his conscious rake with guilt, maybe he could have sent a letter along the way, maybe he could have sent some word somehow. But in the end he had little to no choice to the life he had lead, though Tassia would not have been able to understand that yet.

Rubbing his cheek he glared at her slightly. "Okay, maybe that was deserved on my behalf, but still... Surely a hello or a where have you been would have sufficed?" Mocking her slightly, knowing for well that he would probably get another slap for that comment. In Amos' line of work you soon get used to pain, whether caused by man or woman, and Amos himself had been in plenty of fights, still baring the scars to prove it.

"Look... I'm sorry for not contacting you, I'm sorry I left that day... Hell, I'm sorry for a lot of things in my life but I understand if you don't want to talk..." Taking the piece of paper from her, Amos began reading the prices, preparing for the usual bartering session that came with any transaction. Though for the life of him, Amos couldn't always keep his eyes on the paper as they occasionally darted up to Tassia's frame, admiring how she had grown up to be such a different person.

Tassia crossed her arms and sighed. "Why should I care where you were or that you feel guilty when it is very clear that you did not even care if I was alright?" She asked him her voice soft and sad. She looked at him with those blue crystal eyes. "If you do not care why should I?" It was mean to accuse him of not caring, but that is what it looked like to her. She would walk to the docks each day after he left, check for letters, see if anyone had heard anything form him. She was always left disappointed.

"My prices are set in stone, I only take coin and if you want to try to make someone's price go down go see someone else. But my prices are the lowest and most fair." She went back to bussines. Those it was clear by her tone she was still upset. Reaching up she wiped a tear off her cheek with the back of her hand. She turned slightly so she woud not face him directly anymore.

"Are you even staying?" Tassia did not want to ask that question. Her voice shook as she had spoke, it was hard. If he said no, well then she would go on being broken hearted for the rest of her life. Yes would bring troule and questions.

Back
Top Bottom