Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hentai Horror Island Survival - The Rules (NSFW)

thymoit

Star
Survival_Island_Splash.jpg

General meta rules for this game

Rule 1 - There is no plot armor. The theme of this game is Hentai Horror Survival. The players will be castaways upon a lost magical island filled with cryptids (monsters). Some of the cryptids will merely try to kill player charactes. Most will try to rape, impreganate, or otherwise use the castaways as part of their breeding cycle. Cryptid encounters will not be adjusted to be a difficult but winnable fight for the players. In many cases the best a character can hope to do is flee and survive, or suffer and endure. Some characters will meet bad ends. Some characters will die. Some will meet bad ends. This what you're signing up to play. That being said, I'm not going to kill everyone as soon as they step food on the beach. It's a horror game. Characters will be picked off one by one building horror and tension. Characters that are raped and impregnated aren't out of the game.

Rule 2 - Be considerate of the other players. You can fight in character, but please not out-of-character. I also know people will likely pair up for smut and/or dialogue. Please don't rapid post and leave another player stranded.

Rule 3 - Please don't ghost. If you decide you're going to drop, tell me. I'll have your character meet a bad end. It's really easy to happen on this island.

Rule 4 - Let's have fun!

Source Material

Island Survival is based upon the two CYOAs. "Island Survival Hentai Edition CYOA" by AwayThrowANotTotally and "Survival Island CYOA" (author unknown). Original source material below:

Hentai Survival Island

Original Island Survival

Note, the game is inspired by the CYOAs. Just because a cryptid, artifact, or event is on the CYOA doesn't mean it's on the island in this game. I'm using the two CYOAs as inspiration. I'll thrown out what I think is stupid. Example, the Island Aurochs from Hentai Island Survival - no. I'm using the Island Aurochs from the original Island Survival. They might trample or gore a human with their horns, but they won't rape. I just can't imagine how a quadruped with no manipulative appendages can force a human female to hold still long enough for them to line their cock up with the slot to rape them.

Fudge RPG System for Hentai Horror Survival Island

The game will be played using the Fudge RPG system which encourages GMs to modify the system to fit their game. Fudge mechanics are intended to modified from game to game, so if you've played a Fudge RPG system game before and this isn't the same, that's because I'm going for a very rules light variation.

Fudge Dice

At the core of the Fudge RPG is the concept of Fudge Dice. These are six-sided dice without the usual spots. Instead they have two faces with plus (+) symbols = success, two faces with minus (-) symbols = fail, and two blank symbols = tie. All throws involve four fudge dice being rolled. Pluses and minuses cancel each other out. So the usual sum is nothing. Getting a single plus or minus is fairly common.

Dice are rolled using the external dice server reccomended by Bluemoon: hamete virtual dice server using the 4dF option. Rolls will be logged. (As soon as I figure out how the logging works).

The Skill Ladder

All Fudge-based games use words to define or compare character traits, actions, and outcomes. The words have a number that goes with them. When we list all the words in order (rank) from best to worst, we have a Ladder:

ResultRank
+4Superb
+3Great
+2Good
+1Fair
0Mediocre
-1Poor
-2Awful
-3Terrible
-4Disaster

Roles

Roles are skill groups. Every character gets two free roles. One at Good level (+2) and one at Fair level (+1).

The Role at Good levels that describes who they are. If they are a professional this is likely their job, but even if they don't have a profession, they can have a role. Examples: Captain, Dive Instructor, Bartender, Student, Jock, Party Girl, Mother. The second role is at Fair level and can be a hobby or an interest.

Roles allow you to automatically perform actions that are under your skill level. Challenges above the skill level of your role must be rolled, but you add the level of your role.

What does a particular role do? Fill in the blanks in “The Argument:”

Because I am a __(role)__, I can __(take this action)__.

If the sentence makes sense, you’re good to go. If the sentence doesn't make sense choose a different role or a different action.

Example: Because I am __the captain__, I know how to __steer the boat__.

Remember this is a horror game and the characters in a horror game are frequently stereotypes, so the roles only stretch so far.

Additional Roles at the Good level (+2) can be purchased for one Flaw each. A Role can be raised from Good to Great for one Flaw.

Roles in Combat

Roles are skill groups and as this is a horror game not intended to be directly applicable to combat. One combat oriented role will be allowed. Bodyguard is suggested. Others might stretch to using a certain weapon or combat benefit. At most a +1 can be achieved. Please clarify with the GM what the combat benefit would be.

Example: Bodyguard role. It's reasonable that a Bodyguard knows how to use some weapons, but not all weapons. This might be clarified that the bodyguard knows how to use handguns, knives, and fists (some kind of martial art) getting a +1 with those in combat.

Gifts

There are no attributes or stats. However, each character gets one gift. If you want your character to be strong, then take "Strong" as your gift. Gifts usually add +1 to rolls in certain situations. Some gifts can be used defensively to subtract -1 from an opponents role, particularly in combat.

The Fill in the blank argument for gifts is:

Because I have __(gift)__ I should get a +1 to this roll. OR Because I have __(gift)__ my opponent should get a -1 to this roll.

In general a gift will provide either +1 in combat, -1 to opponents, or bonuses in some situations. No gift should apply in all situations.

The first Gift is free. A second Gift can be bought with one Flaw. A third Gift costs two Flaws. No character can have more than three Gifts.

Example Gifts

Many gifts are possible. Feel free to make up your own.

Example Gifts
GiftGame impact
Strong+1 in hand-to-hand combat, Strength checks
Agile+1 in combat
Nimble-1 to my opponent
Keen Senses+1 to Spot checks
Tough+1 to Recovery checks, +1 to Poison checks
Resilient+1 to Trauma checks
Loyal+1 when fighting in defense of others
Strong Swimmer+1 for swim checks, +1 fighting in water
Sexual Confidence+1 on Sex magic and rape Trauma checks
Finally My True Self+1 to any three rolls each day
Outdoorsy+1 to Survival checks
Other examples:

Absolute Direction; Always keeps his cool; Ambidextrous; Animal Empathy; Beautiful Voice; Danger Sense; Fast; Literate; Lucky; Night Vision; Patron; Perfect Timing; Peripheral Vision; Rank; Rapid Healing; Reputation as Hero; Sense of empathy; Single-minded; Status; Tolerant

Resources

Each main character can choose one resource, either an artifact or a companion. Example: companions and artifacts can be found on the Island Survival and Hentai Survival Island CYOAs. I'm open to adding other setting appropriate artifacts not mentioned in the CYOA. Characters do NOT start with the resource. Instead the resource is placed upon the island and can be found at one of the prominent shelter locations.

Freebies:
To aid the characters in not getting immediately killed off:
  • The character with the Scholar role starts with he cryptid token for free.
  • The character with the Bodyguard role starts with a handgun with one clip of bullets for free.

Faults

A Fault is the opposite of a Gift. It imposes a penalty that your character must endure in certain situations. Usually that is by causing -1 to your own roles, but it is possible to add +1 to an opponents roles.

Each character can have up to two flaws.

The reason to take Fault is to gain more abilities. Each Fault may be traded for:

• 1 Good ranked Role
  • 2 Fair based Roles
  • 1 Good ranked Role raised to Great
  • 1 Gift
  • 1 Resource
  • 3 Experience Points
Faults more often cause a roleplay disadvantage than a dice penalty, but may cause a -1 to action results in certain situations. They are also a way to make main characters more interesting. Roleplaying a fault well can earn Fudge.

The argument rule for Faults is:

Because I am/have __(fault)__ , I must __(endure this setback or risk)__ .

Example Faults

Absent-Minded; Addiction; Ambitious; Amorous heart-breaker; Bloodlust; Blunt and tactless; Bravery indistinguishable from foolhardiness; Can’t resist having the last word; Code of Ethics limits actions; Code of Honor; Compulsive Behavior; Coward; Curious; Finicky; Easily Distracted; Enemy; Fanatic patriot; Full of bluff and bluster and machismo; Garrulous; Getting old; Glutton; Goes Berserk if Wounded; Gossip; Greedy; Gullible; Humanitarian (helps the needy for no pay); Idealist (not grounded in reality); Indecisive; Intolerant; Jealous of Anyone Getting More Attention; Lazy; Manic-Depressive; Melancholy; Multiple Personality; Must obey senior officers; Nosy; Obsession; Outlaw; Overconfident; Owes favors; Phobias; Poor; Practical Joker; Quick-Tempered; Quixotic; Self-defense Pacifist; Socially awkward; Soft-hearted; Stubborn; Quick to take offense; Unlucky; Vain; Violent when enraged; Vow; Worry Wart; Zealous behavior

Faults & Redshirts

In survival movies, the Redshirts are not usually killed off randomly. They usually have undesirable character flaws that lead to their death. Taking two examples from Jurassic, Donald Gennaro is a lawyer (strike one) who only sees how much money they can make and not the danger (strike two). was a lawyer who represented the investors of John Hammond's Jurassic Park. Dennis Nedry was not only betraying the park for money, he compromised the security system. It is recommended that you give Redshirts one or more flaws that will eventually lead to their demise.

When a Redshirt takes a Fault, you may apply the benefit to your main character. A Redshirt may take at most 3 Faults.

Fudge

A Fudge can be used to alter the game in your favor:
  • Declare a +1 to a roll before the roll is made.
  • Reroll one die after a roll is made. So, you can reroll a (-) with a good chance of improving your result.
  • Immediately after a fight can reduce one wound level (the damage wasn't as bad as it looked)
  • Overcome a Trauma (shake it off)
  • 4 Fudge can be exchanged for an experience point
  • Some Sex Magic spells require Fudge to activate
All characters will start with 2 Fudge when they arrive upon the island. 1 Fudge a day is earned after receiving a good night's sleep. If your character does not get a full night's sleep, you don't get Fudge. Fudge can be awarded by the GM for good roleplay whether that be overcoming a cryptid, greatly improving the groups survival, or a well-written scene.

Characters can only hold up to 5 Fudge. Any Fudge gained when you are at maximum is lost.

Combat

Combat is done in a series of exchanges. All combatants roll an attack role against their targets defense. It's possible for both parties to hit each other during an exchange. The result of the roll determines the result.

Combat Ladder

RollRankResultExamplesDescription
+4SuperbDeath
+3GreatDyingSevered artery. Concussion.Will die in a few minutes without treatment.
+2GoodCrippledBroken bones. Rapid bleeding.Dangerous if not treated.
+1FairInjuredSprain, bleeding cut.Wound will worsen until treated
0MediocreHurtScratch or bruise.That hurt.
-1PoorMissed
-2AwfulMissed
-3TerribleMissed
-4DisasterVulnerableFell on your ass. Dropped weapon

Wound Chart

Less than lethal injuries are marked on the Wound Chart. If a bubble for that level of injury does not exist, move up to the next category.

WoundsRankCombat Impact
( ) ( ) ( )HurtsNo effect
( ) ( )Injury-1
( )Crippling Injury-2
( )Deadly Injury-3
Dead
Example: Fred is fighting a cryptid. The first round Fred takes a Hurt. He marks one Hurt bubble and keeps fighting without penalty. The second round he takes an Crippling Injury. He marks an injury bubble and fights at -2. Third round he takes an Injury. He still has an Injury bubble and fills it in. He still fights at -2. Fourth round Fred takes another Crippling Injury. Fred has no more Crippling Injury bubbles to fill in and so takes a Deadly Injury.

Hentai Cryptids

Hentai Cryptids fight with the goal of raping the human, not killing. Deadly injuries are reduced to merely Overpowered. At that point the victim can no longer effectively fight and is raped by the cryptid(s). Characters who are raped do not mark a Crippling Injury.

Healing

The magic of the island promotes accelerated healing in humans.

Immediately After Combat:
  • Hurts bubbles clear as soon as combat is over. Your character will still have minor scratches and bruises for a few hours, but by the next day they will be gone.
  • Deadly injuries must be treated or the character will die. This requires a great medical/first aid check. If there is an open Serious Injury bubble, the wound is reduced to a serious injury. Otherwise the wound remains deadly, but the character is stable.
  • A Fudge may be spent to reduce a wound level provided an empty bubble exists at the lower level
After resting Characters who rest for at least eight hours undisturbed may choose one wound and a roll to see if it is reduced:

Equipment

Example Weapons
WeaponCombat Modifier
Unarmed-1
Improvised Weapons (Oar, Stick, Rock)0
Knife, Spear, Quarterstaff, Club, Hatchet+1
Torch-1 to most cryptid opponents
Better weapons, such as swords or spears with metal blades might be created and/or found eventually and offer better bonuses.

Note that cryptids often have natural weapons that give them bonuses as well, such as teeth, claws, tough hide, size, etc.

Trauma

Characters suffer Trauma when they undergo a traumatic event such as:

• Being transformed from a man to woman
  • Being raped or gangraped
  • Watching someone die in front of them
  • Almost dying themselves
People who have undergone trauma should not react normally. I don't want to impose a reaction upon characters, but some appropriate reactions include:

• Denial
  • Anger and Rage
  • Hysteria
  • Shutting down
  • Irritability
  • Violence
  • Phobias
  • Fleeing
  • Listlessness
This is the roleplaying game and it is the responsibility of players to roleplay trauma accurately. Roleplaying reaction to trauma well can earn Fudge. If the GM feels that trauma is being ignored, a trauma check may be required and a reaction imposed if the trauma check is failed.

Sex Magic

Magic exists on the island, most of it is sex magic. Sex magic is not available to starting characters. It must be acquired after the start of the game. Players wanting to go this path may want to bank experience points to acquire this ability.
  • Only female characters can become a sex witch. Transformed males who have not embraced their feminization cannot learn sex magic.
  • A Min's Crystal arcane artifact is required to perform sex magic.
  • Spells can only be learned from the Book of Magic arcane artifact OR from someone who knows sex magic such as the Witch Companion or another player who has learned a spell.
  • Each spell has to be bought separately with experience points
Common Sex Magic spells - all spells require a Min's Crystal can be bought for 2 experience points each
  • Feed Sexual Energy to embryo/parasite - Shortens pregnancy duration (parasite infestation time)
  • Release sexual energy in a burst attracting cryptids
  • Orgasmic healing - caster places crystal on target and must bring target to orgasm, the stronger the orgasm, the more the healing
  • Drain partner - wearer of the crystal can suck the sex/life energy out of a partner by having sex. (could be used to kill a cryptid attempting rape)
  • Lust potion - Sexual fluids (male or female) can be concentrated into a lust potion. If consumed target will be driven wild with lust. Can be thrown to create a pheromone cloud that would distract cryptids, but make them even more aggressive
  • Alertness - Sexual energy can be channeled to remove need for food/rest, but makes the target lusty
  • Detect lust - Works like the Cryptid Token to detect cryptids
  • Tracking - Caster can track down someone they have a sexual connection with. The more times they have had intercourse together, the stronger the link

Other sex magic spells are possible. The sex witch must learn at least four common spells, describe the desired effect, and do spell research.

Experience

Experience Points can be used to buy or improve Roles, buy Spells, possibly buy Gifts, and possibly buy off Faults ranked traits, and maybe change Gifts and Faults. To improve a ranked trait, spend Experience Points as indicated by the table.

PurchaseExp Cost
Buy a new Role at Mediocre1
Increase a Role from Mediocre to Fair2
Increase a Role from Fair to Good4
Increase a Role from Good to Great8
Increase a Role from Great to Superb8
Learn a Spell2
Buy a Gift8
Buy off a Fault8
To add a gift or remove a fault, discuss with the gamemaster how this change is important to you or to the character. If the gamemaster agrees, spend 8 Experience Points and make the change. Gifts and faults seldom just disappear … they usually change based on the events of play. This has no experience point cost.

Players choice - Customize the island

Players may choose to define what cryptids and nemeses are more likely to be found on the island. In return they can place shelters and companions. This is to help match players up with what they want to experience in this game.

For each cryptid you place on the island you may pick one companion or shelter to exist on the island.
For each special cryptid or nemesis you pick, two companions or shelters, or one beneficial phenomenon exists on the island.

Your characters are much more likely to encounter the cryptids, nemeses, shelters, and companions you place upon the island during random encounters.

Send your choices by PM to the GM (Thymoit).

Last edited:
Character Generation Walkthrough

I'm going to give you a character creation example with Trent Matthews.

Character creation example: Trent Matthews, 2nd Engineer

Start with an concept.

Character creation starts with a concept. Who is this person?

Trent Matthews is a sailor.

Flesh out that concept with a backstory. How did they get to be that person? If you are crew, how did you end up on the Cassandra? If you are a passenger, why did the heir/heiress invite you along?

Trent was literally born on the water. His father owned his own ship, the Odyssey, and did tours mostly for rich people who wanted to experience deep sea fishing, but didn't want to buy their own boat. He did other rentals as well. When Shark Week became a thing he added a cage that he could lower people into the water while he tossed out chum to attract sharks. Trent's father did well enough that he took two years off to circle the globe just to say he did it. Trent's mother ran the business side of things, paid the bills, homeschooled Trent and lived on the Odyssey. They settled down and started operating out of Florida when Trent was fourteen because they wanted him to have a normal high school experience. Trent was a bit awkward at first, but played cornerback for the football team and got accepted. He got a scholarship to a small school where he majored in nautical engineering. Trent's father wanted him to join the US Navy after school, do a four-year tour, then come back and help him run the Odyssey. Trent wanted to build boats not just sail on them. For the summer he took a job as 2nd Engineer on the Cassandra to make some money and get out to sea.

Chose your free roles. One at Good level and one at Fair level

Trent chooses Sailor at Good. And Athelete at Fair. His sailor role is well described in his backstory. For Athelete he adds that in addition to playing Football in fall, he was on the swim team in spring.

Chose your free gift

Trent chooses "Born at Sea", which gives him a +1 to most skill checks involving sailing and swimming.

Chose your free resource

Trent is a NPC, his 'resource' is the survival raft and supplies that he guides the players to as the Cassandra sinks.

Choose your flaws

Trent chooses not to take a flaw for himself. For the purposes of this exercise, assume Trent agrees to run two redshirts and give them both two flaws each.

Trent has 4 flaws to spend.

Exchange your flaws to improve your character.

Trent exchanges 1 flaw to purchase a second Gift Loyal, giving him +1 when fighting for others
Trent exchanges 2 flaws to purchase a third Gift "Hero". Having saved the passengers when most of the crew fled gives him inner confidence. He can add +1 to three rolls per day.
Trent exchanges 1 flaw to raise his Sailor role from Good to Great. He adds the detail that he picked up sailing and rowing along the way.

Fudge

No character has Fudge before arriving on the island.

Wounds

Trent isn't wounded. He marks himself as unwounded.

( ) ( ) ( ) Hurts
( ) ( ) Injuries
( ) Crippling Injury
( ) Deadly Injury

Players Choice:

Trent chooses to take no cryptid or nemeses as enemies. He can add no companions, shelters, or beneficial phenomena

Trent's final character sheet looks like this:

Trent Matthews, 2nd Engineer

Concept: Sailor

Backstory: Trent was literally born on the water. His father owned his own ship, the Odyssey, and did tours mostly for rich people who wanted to experience deep sea fishing, but didn't want to buy their own boat. He did other rentals as well. When Shark Week became a thing he added a cage that he could lower people into the water while he tossed out chum to attract sharks. Trent's father did well enough that he took two years off to circle the globe just to say he did it. Trent's mother ran the business side of things, paid the bills, homeschooled Trent and lived on the Odyssey. They settled down and started operating out of Florida when Trent was fourteen because they wanted him to have a normal high school experience. Trent was a bit awkward at first, but played cornerback for the football team and got accepted. He got a scholarship to a small school where he majored in nautical engineering. Trent's father wanted him to join the US Navy after school, do a four-year tour, then come back and help him run the Odyssey. Trent wanted to build boats not just sail on them. For the summer he took a job as 2nd Engineer on the Cassandra to make some money and get out to sea.

Roles:
Sailor (Great)
Athlete (Fair)

Gifts
Born at Sea: +1 to most skill checks involving sailing and swimming
Loyal: +1 when fighting for others
Hero: +1 to three rolls per day

Resources: Liferaft & supplies

Flaws: None

Fudge: 0

Wounds:

( ) ( ) ( ) Hurts
( ) ( ) Injuries
( ) Crippling Injury
( ) Deadly Injury

Now, Trent promised to run two NPC Redshirts, so if I weren't GM he would have to write them up as well, but I'm not expecting as much detail on Redshirts as your mains. Sketch out their backstory and give them one Role at Good and up to the two flaws you gave them to power up your main.

Some character suggestions

Ships Crew:
Captain - Captain Joeff Hansen = Thymoit (NPC)
First Mate
Chef
Chief Steward (concierge & bartender)
2nd Steward (maid)
Chief Engineer
2nd Engineer - NPC = Trent Matthews, 2nd Engineer = Thymoit (NPC)
Dive Instructor - Zoey Davenport = Rising of the Moon (PC)

Some Suggested Passenger Roles:
The scholar - the person who discovered the cryptid token and has some Implausible theories about it's origin. Could be a conspiracy theorist, a rational scientist or a student
The heir/heiress - Elodie Dorval = Opale (PC) - the person who chartered the Cassandra. Didn't think it was likely an undiscovered island existed, just thought a summer spent cruising on a yacht would be fun
The bodyguard - Deborah Kaleo = Rising of the Moon (PC) - someone paid by the parents of the heir/heiress to keep them safe
The outdoorsy one - Tammy Spencer = Opale (PC) - someone who likes hiking or other outdoors activities, knows a bit about survival
The medic - someone with a little bit of knowledge of first aid all the way up to a doctor
No role - Tony Malone = Opale (PC) - a redshirt
No role - Kendra = Rising of the Moon (PC) - a redshirt

These are intentionally vague outlines in order for you to make them your own.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom