Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

O’ Champion Mine [FxF] (Clearsight x Javorcek)

The littlest Sandalio was at that age where her mother started nagging her to entertain suitors. Anna didn’t date often; between her university program and her research internship at Lykos, she didn’t have much time. It wasn’t fair for her to ask an interested party to wait around for her, nor was she about to compromise her career and education for a relationship that may or may not pan out. Flirting with Clara was just harmless fun. There wasn’t -really- a chance that a woman like that could be legitimately into someone like her, right? They played their game of cat and mouse whenever their paths crossed but at the end of the day, Clara came from a prestigious family, she was well established in her own right, and she had her life together; it was unlikely that their relationship would be much more than flirting. Not that Anna was some sort of disaster or anything...but her pedigree was not outstanding and right now she was a lot of potential without a ton of substance.

So when she was asked to dinner, the beta was honestly surprised. She eyed Clara, legitimately sizing her up for the first time since they had met. Based on how the other female acted, she assumed she was much more experienced than her. Dinner probably wasn’t going to be just dinner...but would that be such a bad thing? Part of her had wanted to take this assignment so that she could have a little fun; and Clara looked like she would be -a lot- of fun. Female alphas weren’t usually her type but this one managed to capture her with her beauty, charm, and confidence. Not many alphas would keep up the chase, especially when their prey hid behind as much professionalism as Anna did.

Well, why not? What did she have to lose?

“Alright, alright.” Anna giggled at Clara’s rationale for the importance of having a medical professional ensure she had a proper meal. “I’d love to have dinner with you. My shift is over at 7...so how about 8? Try to keep your fragile body safe until then,” Anna gave a wink before slipping away, off to the next patient who needed her care.

————————-

“I take it you didn’t recognize me,” Jessie smirked. It was a long time ago and they had been very young, just children...she had been what, about 10? Maybe 11 years old when Leslie told her she had to go away? It had made her sad at the time, but now, seeing her old friend as a grown up Hunter, she knew why the other girl had gone away.

Jessie was about to scoff at the compliment of her beauty, when suddenly she was flipped from her perch and onto her back, “What the fuck, Leslie?!” Jessie yelped, though her eyes widened in horror as she saw the scene play out. The glittering silver knife sticking in the Hunter’s side made her panic; such a metal was banned in most major cities as well as this neutral island due to how allergic werewolves were to the substance. At worst, that metal knife would have killed Jessie, at best, it would have put her out of the competition and in a hospital for weeks to fight off silver poisoning.

By the end of it, she didn’t know whether to be more upset that there was a dead man in the sparring gym, there had been an attempt on her life, or that Leslie had just killed a guy and was disturbingly chipper about it. In the end, she knew what Hunters were, what they were trained to do...but still, it bothered her that the girl she grew up with could take a life without batting an eye.

“There’s healers all over the place and you put that shit in you?!” Her nose wrinkled with the smell of acid and cauterizing flesh. Gods and spirits, that junk the other woman put into her body looked awful. Jessie didn’t know what she was thinking, but her first instinct was to come closer and brush the powder out, then drag her old friend to the medical tent. Once her hand came into contact with the wound though, her sight unfocused and she felt her entire world turn upside down.

—————-

“Have you not learned your lesson yet, Child of Loki?” Yessi sighed, shaking her head as she gazed upon the god, trapped in the living vines of the forest. Yessi’s mother, Leto, and her older sister, Artemis, had enchanted the heart of the woods to make sure it was a safe place for their family. Not even the gods themselves could break through their enchantments. The living vines were the first barrier...she supposed it was a good thing that her lover had gotten caught here and not by the rabid birds and insects that lurked further in.

She passed her hand over plants that threatened to choke the life out of Les or hold her as prisoner for eternity, causing them to ease and drop her. It wasn’t the plants’ fault, Les was trying to sneak in to see her...something the woman knew was not allowed. During the full moon, Yessi’s powers faded and she was confined here for her own safety. If Leto caught her love in this safe haven, the goddess would surely kill Leslie for trespassing.

“You make it incredibly hard to love you sometimes,” Yessi grumbled as she took a knife from her belt and used it to slice her palm open, the flesh tried to heal itself immediately, even with her powers weakening, but before it could she nicked a spot over Les’ heart and then pressed her palm to the wound. The mixing of their blood would hopefully keep the forest from attempting to murder her idiotic lover again; the vines looked like they were already itching to trap another prisoner. “You couldn’t just wait one more day-“ Yessi was about to launch into a full tirade about how Les should be called the Child of Impulsive, Idiotic Ideas, when to her horror her lover’s face disappeared. Replaced was that of her brother, Nari the Trickster.

“Nari!” Yessi hissed, changing the grip on her knife so that she could attack.

“Wonderful to see you as always, Yessi,” the man grinned. “It’s touching that you would bind yourself to me, but, I’m afraid I am here to see your lovely virginal sister so I must politely decline your advances,” before Yessi could even make an attempt to stab him, he waved his hand, directing the vines to scoop her up and hold the girl prisoner.

With Yessi weak from the upcoming moon, and a much more powerful force here to obey, the vines held her tight, even as she directed them not to. “When I get out of this Nari…” Yessi seethed, struggling against her bindings.

“Will you though?” Nari waved his hand, the vines squeezing tighter until Yessi cried out in pain. “Now tell me...where is Artemis?”

Unable to do much of anything else, Yessi spit in his face.

When Clara liked someone, she never considered things such as pedigree, something unusual for those in her circle. After all, most people who existed in that same world thought about pedigree and what would be best for their family above all else. To her, how she felt with someone and who they were mattered more than anything else. And Anna, well, the beautiful woman made her feel incredibly happy. She always had a smile on her face, and more than once, she found her heartbeat accelerating from the smallest of actions. Whether she realized it or not, the young woman captured Clara's heart from just being herself.

Clara's feelings were real, even if they were still young, so when she got the "yes," she grew excited. A wide smile appeared on Clara's face as she nodded quickly, thinking that eight sounded fantastic. No, any time sounded fantastic. Even if Anna wanted to eat at midnight, Clara would have nodded as if it were a perfect time and then prepared.

"Great! Might I have your number? I'll send you my lodging information," Clara said, clearly looking to get digits. She gave a good reason, though! A very good one.

When Anna finally gave in, she smiled even brighter and quickly sent Anna a text with everything she needed to know. She also made sure Anna saved the number and put her name on it, a satisfied expression on her face when she saw her name on Anna's phone.

"I look forward to tonight, Anna."

Unable to resist, she leaned in and kissed Anna on the cheek, then said, "Thank you for the treatment."

Immediately after, she walked out, holding back her excitement in an attempt to appear even a little put together in front of Anna. Why she thought she could regain some dignity after how she acted before her "treatment" was a mystery.

---

Leslie's reaction to the situation seemed normal to her. Over the years, killing people had become as simple as breathing to her. She knew what that meant and how it looked to people, and to a degree, she hated herself for it, but nothing changed the fact that Leslie had killed a great number of people. Never innocents, not really, but some of them... probably didn't deserve death.

Oddly, she felt more ashamed in front of Jessie than she ever had before. Normally, even if it bothered her, she could shake it off with a few drinks or an equally nice distraction, but she was finding it hard to keep the smile on her face when Jessie looked at her like she did. The other woman might not have even realized it, but most people had that same look - one that couldn't quite understand it.

Still, it didn't mean Jessie couldn't still surprise her. Instead of saying something about the killing or anything else, she quickly rushed over, more concerned than anything else. Before Jessie even reached her side, Leslie's heartbeat went crazy, an unfamiliar emotion coursing through her. Not just that, but the worry Jessie showed her felt... foreign.

"I'm fine, Jessie," Leslie said with a genuine smile. However, before she could stop Jessie, the woman touched her side, and the world spun.

---

Leslie should have known that something was wrong when her brother approached her amicably. They never got along, perhaps because he couldn't stand the fact that she got more of their father's power than him. Though, if Leslie had to guess, it came from envy, not envy of her power but of her love. Many people knew of Leslie's affection for Yessi, and although it was a forbidden love, it was an open secret that it was a reciprocated, happy love. Nari believed he deserved the same with Artemis.

What Nari thought he was going to accomplish by trapping her and taking using her image, Leslie didn't know, but she refused to allow him to do as he pleased.

Only, when she arrived at the woods and found the scene of him with Yessi in his grasp, Leslie's entire being shook, and panic filled her heart. She immediately rushed out, ignoring the danger of the woods and of her brother.

"No, Nari! Please!" She saw it all. She saw Yessi spit in his face, and she saw the murderous expression in his eyes.

Nari growled angrily, clenching his fist and causing the vines to constrict around Yessi.

"That's close enough, dear sister." The man took a few breaths to calm himself down, smart enough to realize he couldn't afford to strangle the life out of her just yet. After all, Nari was a trickster, his magic weak but his mind cunning. If he killed Yessi, he could bear with his sister's wrath.

"Nari, please," Leslie said again, stopping a distance away from him. Even when he smirked and sent vines to wrap her up as well, she didn't move, pleading with her eyes as she allowed them to constrict her. Soon, she found it difficult to breathe and was grunting in pain, but even then, all she wanted was for him to spare Yessi's life.

The sight before his eyes caused Nari to laugh. "Wow. My sister, nothing but a pathetic prisoner because of her love. How shameful. What would Father think if he saw one of his children like this? Perhaps it is a good thing he will never know," Nari said with a smile, clearly enjoying the scene.

"I wonder if Artemis will behave the same way once she sees her sister in my clutches." The curiosity caused Leslie to breathe a sigh of relief, sure that his mad thoughts were traveling in a direction that didn't include murder.

"What do you think, dear sister?"

Leslie was about to answer, wanting to agree, to give him any reason not to hurt her, but before she could say anything, a blade was plunged into her heart, silencing her.

"Shh. I need her, but I don't need you. And don't worry. She'll join you shortly." However, it soon vanished, and his eyes widened in surprise. The lifeless body, the one that belonged to his sister, faded, vanishing to nothing, and a blade pierced through his chest from behind.

"I'll never let you hurt her, Nari. Never!" Leslie spoke from behind him, releasing the blade and letting him fall to the ground. She then turned and ran to Yessi, ripping the vines from her before hugging her lover, her body shaking slightly.

"Are you okay?" she asked, though she was unwilling to release her from her embrace as she did. Her reluctance to release her was partially because she had been terrified, worried about Yessi the entire time; the rest came from knowing what she had just done, of what would happen next. Leslie didn't know if her brother could hide such a thing, but Leslie knew she couldn't.

Even cursed, bound, and backed into a corner, Yessi was still stubborn as ever. She refused to tell Nari where he could find her sister, refused to scream as the vines tightened as her punishment, further crushing her ribs. The most Nari would get from her was an animalistic snarl and struggling breaths. When she was free of this, she would make sure that Nari would regret the day he ever set foot into her family’s domain! And if she never was free...well...at least her sister and her Leslie would surely make certain his death was an extra painful one.

One of her heroes turned up just at that moment...thought her being here made Yessi panic all the more. “Les...no…” she managed to force the words out despite her lack of breath, but it was too late. The vines were reaching towards her, and before anything could be done, they were engulfing Leslie. Yessi watched in horror as her love became trapped just as she was, could do nothing but helplessly gaze upon her as Nari sent his blade straight into her heart. “LESLIE!” Yessi shrieked. For a brief moment, her own heart tore in two...and then...Leslie was back, she was saving her. She had killed Nari, causing the vines to weaken enough so that Yessi could be torn out of them.

“I...hate...you,” Yessi coughed, trying to gain her breath back. With her curse she may as well have been mortal; so when she punched Leslie, it was barely a brush to her arm before she melted into her embrace in a mixture of pain and nerves. “Don’t scare me like that again…I thought I lost you…” Yessi’s voice trembled and she wrapped her arms around Leslie, hugging her as tight as she could...because as she looked over lover’s shoulder, she saw Nari’s lifeless body laying there. There were few rules among the gods...but killing a fellow immortal was punishable by death.

Yessi was still going to lose Leslie.

Just as she thought it, the space around them shifted and they were torn into the heart of The Veil. When they settled, Leslie was already in golden chains and Yessi was separated from her, placed with the other gods who would bear witness to this trial.

Well, not a trial. More like a sentencing.

“Daughter!” Leto scooped Yessi up into her arms, healing her precious daughter. Of all her children, Yessi was the youngest and most fragile.

“Mother, I am fine, please. I need to go see her.” Yessi wriggled in her mother’s grasp, still too weak from the moon to do much of anything to truly escape.

“You will do no such thing!” Leto frowned. That menace had caused her enough headaches already! As if she didn’t know how Yessi snuck around to see that harlot. As if she didn’t know that Leslie lured her daughter out of the safety of their realm time and time again!

Because Leslie was part of Odin’s realm, he was the one to pass final judgement. There wasn’t much leeway to give his favorite granddaughter though: murder was punishable by mortality and exhile. As soon Yessi heard this, she found the strength to break free from her mother’s hold. “Wait!” Yessi rushed across to Leslie, looping her arm into hers and holding on tight. “If she goes, I wish to be sent with her.”

“Absolutely not, I forbid it! Odin, you will pay my child no mind; now cast Leslie out and be done with it!”

“I will not spend an eternity without her, mother,” Yessi growled.

“Perhaps it is most fair if you let her do as she demands,” Artemis interjected.

“Have you lost all sense?!” Leto gaped at her eldest. Her most rational child was endorsing this madness?

The virginal goddess shrugged, “You think Yessi needs to be protected all the time because of a curse that affects her for half a day. Leslie has already proven she can protect Yessi when she cannot protect herself.”

“Then it is settled,” Odin boomed, seeming delighted at this turn of events. “Leto’s daughter will sacrifice half her powers to Loki’s daughter, and both shall live the rest of their lives on Earth.”

————-

Jessie swayed, as her vision cleared. What. The. Fuck. Just. Happened.

She knew the myth of Yessi, daughter of Leto, one of the very first werewolves. Yessi had been cast out from the gods for her forbidden love with Les...though in many retellings, Les was a male. But if Jessie had that blood in her line, and Leslie had it in hers…

Jessie swung, throwing a wild punch that Leslie easily blocked. “What did you do?!?!” She barked, as though this whole thing was Leslie’s fault. Which, it kinda was; if she had never gotten hurt, Jessie would have never touched her side, and then would never have seen what she had seen.

It distressed the young wolf to think that this woman was who she was supposed to be bound to, that this woman was supposed to be her soulmate. Jessie remembered wishing that she would be one of the lucky wolves to have a soulmate out there… But this...there must be some mistake. She wasn’t going to do it! She’s be celibate for the rest of this life if she had to! There was no way she would be bound to an alcoholic and a slut. With a furious snarl she stormed off, needing to put as much distance between her and Leslie as possible.

Her brother was smart, even if she hated to admit it. But he also had a flaw: he wanted to be superior so badly that he ignored the inconsistencies. It gave Leslie a chance, even if it meant making her lover scared and angry. Still, Leslie smiled when Yessi hit her, taking the "I hate you" as "I love you, idiot." She was probably pretty close. Either way, the love was reciprocated.

"Yeah..." Leslie responded to Yessi's request that she never do something like that again. She wouldn't do it again.

Leslie held back a sigh as what was to come dawned on her. She knew things were going to become bad quickly, so she held Yessi tightly, her eyes closing as a strange calm washed over her. She was fine, satisfied with what was likely to be her final act as a goddess.

"I love you, Yessi. I always will." As if her words had a magic power to them, the world started to twist around them, space shifting and tearing them apart. Leslie didn't resist, not that she could even if she wanted to. As powerful as she was, she stood powerless before her grandfather. She didn't want to cause him or Yessi any more trouble either.

"Unfortunately, the laws are clear, so there is not much to talk about. Les, do you wish to say anything?" Odin asked, giving her a chance to speak, even if everyone watching knew it wouldn't mean anything.

Leslie just smiled, looking over at Yessi. She knew nothing would change, but she appreciated the chance. "I love you, Yessi. Please be happy." She sent a message to Odin at the same time, something between only them, pleading for her divinity to transfer to Yessi, to heal her affliction. Odin said nothing in response.

With a sigh, Leslie just shook her head, understanding. "That's all I have to say."

Odin nodded, prepared to pass judgment, but Yessi's panicked voice rang out, interrupting the proceedings. Family squabble aside, every god and goddess present started whispering. Despite her father's reputation, Les had quite a number of friends among the gods and goddesses. Many of them seemed unsettled by her exile, even if none found it in them to speak up. Though, of all of them, Odin seemed the most pleased.

With Artemis supporting the insane plan, Odin made his decision. In truth, Leslie tried to refuse, to shout out that Yessi should not give up her divinity and settle for a life in the mortal realm with her. However, she found herself silenced, no doubt Odin's doing.

Before Leslie could break free from her grandfather's power, he made his decree, deciding to send them both to Earth, each holding onto half a divinity. They would be weaker, mortal, but their souls would remain connected - unable to die or be snuffed out by mortal hands.

---

When things returned to reality, Leslie stumbled slightly, her head full of images and emotions she didn't entirely understand. Though, for her, it was far easier to accept than it would be for most. After all, Leslie was aware of the divinity inside of her, even if she had previously believed it was a weak demigod divinity from an ancient relative.

When Jessie threw a punch, Leslie blocked it easily, barely even paying it any mind as she settled her mind. She then turned to Jessie, the carefree smile on her face gone. She couldn't even think of what to say. Still, when Jessie started leaving, she wanted to follow. Unfortunately, an annoying voice stopped her.

"Leslie, the commander wishes to see you." Leslie stopped, gritting her teeth in frustration. The voice belonged to the commander's aide, so she couldn't just ignore him.

"Fine. I'll head over and see what it is he wants," she spat, glaring at the man with enough anger to cause him to flinch. Fortunately, that's all Leslie did, grabbing the rest of her stuff and storming out of the gym.

---

Leslie spent exactly one hour and twenty-seven minutes being lectured about how things worked by the commander of the security forces for The Games. She knew because she counted, choosing to spend the entire time recalling the seconds instead of listening to what the other person had to say. Sure, her attitude wouldn't win her any favors, but the truth was, she could have walked out without suffering any repercussions. Her identity afforded her that right, and just staying was giving him enough face. Though, he likely wouldn't agree.

The only reason she stayed, to begin with, was that she needed some time to think, wanting an excuse not to immediately go see Jessie. If only an hour and twenty-seven minutes were enough.

Leslie couldn't simply ignore what she saw, however, nor did she want to. In fact, even if she didn't see something so utterly ridiculous, she would have wanted to see Jessie again. Perhaps it would have been more because she was gorgeous and seemed like a worthwhile chase, but still, it would have happened!

As it was, her motives had changed, so her approach changed. Instead of waiting to run into her "organically," which was short for creating an elaborate coincidence, she decided to go see her directly. Thinking ahead, she even picked up some food.

Half an hour later, she was scaling the side of a building, doing so with one hand and inhuman balance - her other hand currently holding two to-go containers of food from the nicest restaurant she could find on the way to Jessie's lodgings. Thankfully, she had access to all that information, though she was likely to receive another lecture if anyone found out what she was using it for.

After climbing to the right room, she messed with her clothes and hair - making sure she looked her best - and then knocked on the balcony door, peering in through the glass with a smile; she was doing her best to appear harmless.

“So what happened back there?” Jackson pried gently as he caught up to his twin. Jessie had gone from having fun sparring, to conflicted over the attempt on her life, to complete and total dragon bitch. Huffing and puffing like a stereotypical feral alpha wasn’t something that either twin subscribed to. Contained rage was normal - outbursts and yelling were not.

“None of your damn business!” Jessie snarled, still in quite the mood.

“Yeah. Okay. None of my business,” her twin rolled his eyes. “We’re at competition Jess, you can’t let shit get in your head. It’s my pack too so it is my business”

Jessie sighed. Jackson was right. If she didn’t clear her head she’d perform poorly in her bouts. “We’re...bound together….”

“Isn’t that a good thing? You’ve always wanted a soulmate…”

“When I was like 9!” Jessie huffed. It wasn’t weird to have had such a childish fantasy! Lots of young wolves wished for a soulmate when they were little. It was like how humans had their dreams of princes and princesses; except soulmates actually existed. Soulbindings only affected a very small portion of the werewolf population though; it was silly to hold out and wait, hoping to stumble upon a soulbound mate. Most everyone just went about their lives, following the ‘if it’s meant to be, it will be’ mentality when it came to these matters. Sometimes one was lucky, sometimes the earth just recycled their wolfish consciousness and stuck it into a new body that remembered what had been; sometimes bloodlines were laced together so two people just felt an intrinsic pull...and sometimes the pull was so strong the two people would be granted a vision.

Jessie -hated- her vision.

How was she supposed to love a woman that smelled like a brothel in the middle of the afternoon?!?! All of Leto’s children were known to be fiercely loyal to their lovers and families, stubborn when they thought they were right, and constantly fought for justice and balance. Loki’s heirs were split down the middle between trickster assholes and clever manipulators (sometimes for good, sometimes just for the sake of chaos and sport). What had Yessi seen in Les?!?! The goddess had given up power and immortality to stay with her...so it must have been something great. ...Or maybe her namesake was a fool and now Jessie was paying for that naïveté.

Jessie was all of characteristics for Leto’s line but Leslie...but Leslie...well, fuck. She remembered the other girl being mischievous and sneaky during their childhood; in a fun way, not a troublemaker way. Now it appeared she had grown into a jaded killer who bounced from woman to woman and indulged in alcohol when she wasn’t busy sleeping around or sparring.

There’s no way. There’s no fucking way that was supposed to be her soulmate.

“So what are you going to do?” Jackson elbowed her after the pair had been quiet for a while, Jessie had been so lost in her thoughts he hadn’t wanted to interrupt her.

“I dunno. Stay celibate for the rest of my life I guess.”

Jackson laughed, his sister was so stubborn she might actually make that plan work. “Look Jess, it sucks but don’t worry about it. We’ll go back home and then you won’t have to see her again anyways. Just rest up tonight and have a good dinner so you’re ready for tomorrow.”

————-

When Jessie got back to her room, she immediately stripped down and went to take a shower. She hadn’t trained super hard today, but she had worked up a sweat...and then she did want to wash Leslie’s scent off of her. When she was all cleaned up she padded into the kitchen, wet hair sticking to her shoulders and towel wrapped around her body. She got some rice started and then turned around to go to the bedroom and get changed when something made her pause. Seeing movement outside her balcony caused her to yelp surprise….though once she noticed that movement belonged to a stupid, cheerily waving Leslie, her eyes narrowed. “Oh for fuck’s sake,” the wolf growled and crossed the room, closing the curtains so she didn’t have to look at Leslie. Hopefully that would get her ‘I don’t want to see you, go jump off a balcony,’ sentiment across.

Jessie then went about changing into comfortable clothes and preparing her dinner in the small kitchen of her hotel suite. She watched a little TV and ate her meal. By the time she was finished cleaning up and puttering around, nearly two hours had passed and she figured that Leslie would be gone. Eager to hang out on the balcony for a bit and enjoy the moonlight before bed, she opened the curtains and made to go outside...just to notice that Leslie was still there, still waiting. With a heavy sigh, Jessie asked the dreaded question, “What do you want, Les?”

Leslie's visit wasn't made without thought. She didn't simply show up to flirt and act a fool after seeing what she saw and witnessing Jessie's reaction. Leslie could be immature and irresponsible, but she wasn't stupid. When she showed up, food in hand, it was because she couldn't ignore what happened, not because she still hoped to swoop in with charm and get what she wanted.

However, she didn't expect Jessie's harsh response. The woman didn't say anything, not explicitly telling her to get lost, but the meaning was clear. She shut the curtains and walked away, leaving Leslie out on the balcony, telling her to fuck off without saying it out loud. Unfortunately for her, Leslie also knew how to be stubborn.

With a frown, Leslie plopped down, muttering about how rude her soulmate was before opening up one of the to-go boxes and starting to nibble at what was inside.

Eventually, though, she ran out of food, and when Jessie didn't return, she grew bored. So, she leaned back and closed her eyes, letting her mind wander. Mainly, she focused on the vision.

Yessi and Les were two people in love. Leslie instantly envied them. In her life, things like love and normal didn't exist. Funnily enough, her last memories of a "normal" life were with Jessie. Back when she used to sneak away, she experienced a lot of things; she was happy. However, that didn't last, and she found herself dragged into a difficult, perhaps even horrifying, life.

It was only recently that she managed to gain enough influence to return to something semi-normal. She managed to tear herself away from the life of an operative and gain a loose post in Armistice. She still had to undertake certain tasks, but she managed to grow to the extent of having some control and freedom. She even found herself an apartment! Her first place to live. Before now, she stayed in Hunter facilities or hotels.

As surprised as Leslie was to find out her bond to Jessie, she didn't hate it. If anything, she was just happy to have found someone she knew. So, even after being left on the balcony for hours, she perked up when Jessie returned, quickly jumped to her feet, and displaying a bright smile.

"Uh, nothing?" Leslie said. Though, she found that answer rather worthless, so she continued by saying, "I just... It's been a while, right? I thought we could catch up."

It was a bit of a lie. Leslie was still Leslie. She knew what relationships were, but her usual relationship lasted a night or two and only had one thing in mind. So, when she saw the beautiful woman in front of her, she had thoughts. Still, the circumstances surrounding them made things different. They knew each other from childhood, and then there was the strange vision. It was enough to derail Leslie's one-track mind, at least for the moment.

---

Clara found herself beyond nervous for her date with Anna. Normally, she managed to play it all confident and charming when she was wooing a woman, but Anna was special. It wasn't anything too overt, but the beautiful young woman always managed to knock her off her game a bit. So, Clara kept double-checking everything, wanting it all to be perfect.

Her suite was immaculate, there were soft music and even softer light, and she made a scrumptious meal that she hoped the other woman would appreciate. However, she did her best not to make it too fancy or sappy romantic. Despite the light and music, the atmosphere remained relaxed. The same was true of the food, with it not being too fancy. Clara even dressed normally, making sure she looked as good as possible but not putting on a dress or anything crazy. Even if Anna showed up in casual clothes, she wanted it to all feel fine.

Basically, Clara was psyching herself out, trying to prepare for everything. She couldn't even sit still, checking the time constantly. Then, realizing what she had forgotten, she panicked, quickly running to get a bottle of wine. No meal was complete without wine!

Jessie was a sucker.

It wasn’t her fault; one of the tenets of her pack was mercy. Her father accepted and rehabilitated lone wolves...something very few clans did; second chances were not a very wolfish sentiment. Sometimes the rehabilitation worked, sometimes it didn’t, but her pack still tried. And so now, stuck with Leslie here wanting another chance at a first impression, Jessie was going to begrudgingly give her one.

“Alright...we can catch up. But you are leaving as soon as it is my bedtime; I have an early morning match tomorrow,” Jessie’s tone was firm, a hard boundary set. Whatever shenanigans Leslie got up to with other women was not going to happen here with her.

True to her word, she sat down on one of the chairs on the balcony and listened to whatever Leslie wanted to tell her, and offered a bit of her own story in trade. Jessie’s life had pretty much stayed on the track it had always been on with her destiny as pack lead. She had become a police officer…just a stepping stone job as one day she would advance to Protector for her territory and her people.

——-

Anna was with all sorts of patients up until the end of her shift. She mostly treated minor injuries because people were still practicing, preparing themselves for the start of The Games tomorrow - sprained ankles, minor cuts, bloodied fists, easy fixes. Each patient was quick to deal with...there were just a lot. She even treated a few humans with tried and true herbal remedies; some just didn’t like being treated with magic and there was a little bit of an overflow from the mage medical tent. Before she knew it, it was 7:30 and she was panicking; she had told Clara 8!!!

Was it better to be late or to be underdressed?

Personal preference was underdressed; she felt that tardiness sent off the vibe that she didn’t care. And she did care, more than she’d like to admit...but she tried to keep her hopes and expectations low. Clara was waaayyyy out of her league; so out of her league they might as well be playing two different sports. Because of all this, Anna tried to keep in mind that this would be at best for one night and at most for the duration of The Games. Afterall, why would Clara ask her back to her apartment if not for a meal and a casual hookup? There were tons of amazing eateries that they could have gone to for a proper date. This was obviously going to be something more intimate than Anna was used to on a first date.

Ugh. She wished she could have showered before her first ever one night stand. She didn’t smell bad, she just didn’t smell like herself. There was no time for shower though! Anna had to quickly get out of her scrubs and toss on her black shirt and jeans in the staff locker room. She brushed her fingers through her hair and took a look at herself in the mirror before she left, deciding she looked pretty enough - casual but cute. From there it was a mad dash from the medical tents to the hotels, hostels, and lodges. Of course Clara was staying in the furthest one; that was just her luck. But it was also one of the tallest structures and easiest to find. No doubt the powerful alpha was staying in one of the penthouses with the best view of the island.

“Hey,” Anna smiled brightly when Clara greeted her at the door. She was a little flushed from running here and smelled of antiseptic, but her excitement for the date was evident on her features. “Sorry I look a little frazzled, we had a small surge in patients at the end of my shift,” Anna explained as she slid her backpack with her coat and scrubs off her shoulders and set it down near the door. “Dinner smells amazing...thanks for cooking,” she leaned over, meaning to give Clara a kiss on the cheek in thanks. But then the Alpha tilted slightly and their lips collided. Anna had meant for the kiss to be chaste! Really she did… Just a teasing brush of lips to show her thanks for the delicious dinner she could smell….but somehow this kiss escalated to the point where she found herself pinned up against a wall by Clara. One of her hands tangled into blonde hair and the other clutched her shirt; definitely not the most chaste places for them to be as she urged the Alpha on. There was obviously chemistry between them; months of flirting at Lykos coupled with a bit of a dating dry spell had exploded into this frantic liplock.

Dinner was quickly forgotten; even without a sip of the wine Clara prepared, Anna felt drunk. Dazed from that kiss, she could only nod in agreement when Clara commented that she needed to wash the scent of hospital off her. It was a shame that everything would grow cold by the time they finished whatever they were doing...but Anna didn’t really mind a room temperature meal if it meant sexy shower time with the gorgeous wolf currently nibbling at her neck.

Leslie didn't push her luck, nodding happily when Jessie told her that she could stay and that they could take the chance to catch up. She wasn't shy about sharing either. Although she didn't give away all of the gory details, she told Jessie about her life. She told her about how she grew up an orphan and was taken in by the Hunters, and they reminisced about their time together, with Leslie telling Jessie how much she enjoyed those memories. Then, she told Jessie a bit about her life after that.

Since they both already knew about the diety thing, Leslie told her that she was believed to have a demigod bloodline, though it seemed the Hunters hadn't known the full story. She told Jessie about her training, about what they had her do, and how she had just recently managed to escape that life. She didn't sound proud, but she didn't seem ashamed of anything she had done either. Even if she knew it was dark and unsavory, perhaps even enough to drive Jessie away, she refused to lie about it.

Leslie was honest about everything, and even if she didn't realize it herself, it painted a rather lonely picture. Still, she talked about it openly. More than anything, though, she seemed interested in Jessie. She wanted to know everything.

---

Clara didn't know where everything went wrong. She wanted to have a nice date and impress Anna with her cooking, to show her that she had skills! Instead, from the moment Anna entered the apartment, they were all over one another.

Clara truly wanted a nice, carefree first date, a mix between intimate and innocent. She wanted to build upon their mutual interest and test the chemistry between them in a more private setting. Unfortunately, the meeting between their lips seemed to demolish the thin thread of restraint they had been toying with since their first meeting; the frayed thread, worn by flirting and time, snapped.

Clara felt their mutual desire, and her instincts kicked in. She pushed Anna against the wall and captured her lips in a fiery kiss. Anna's hands quickly assured her that it was the right move, giving the French wolf all she needed to push on without worry.

The kiss turned into a breathless encounter, one that ended with soft panting and Clara nibbling on the delicate flesh of Anna's neck. Then, her boldness struck, and she proposed something absolutely devoid of innocence. And Anna agreed.

From there, Clara stopped questioning things, a bit disappointed in herself but unable to extinguish her desires. So, instead of appearing shameless and pretending she didn't want what was about to happen, she displayed a playful grin and scooped Anna up into her arms, carrying her off towards the bathroom.

Once they arrived, Clara didn't immediately release Anna, walking over to the sink and sitting her on the edge of the counter as she captured her lips once more. When it ended, she leaned back and reached up to stroke Anna's cheek.

"I am delighted that you decided to join me tonight." Her voice was doting, and she followed it up with another quick kiss, then proceeded to help Anna out of her clothes, kissing the beautiful body that revealed itself bit by bit. Then and only then did she step back and start shedding her clothes.

Clara's body revealed itself to Anna, slowly but surely, devoid of the impatience obvious in her eyes. Unlike the elegant, perhaps even delicate appearance she displayed under normal circumstances, muscle and strength were hidden beneath her clothes. However, Clara didn't bother showing off, choosing to walk back over and kiss Anna again.

After the kiss, Clara pulled away with a huff, clearly not wanting to stop. With a sigh, she said, "Let's get in the shower before I forget the purpose of coming in here."

Before giving Anna a choice, she lifted her up again, a smile on her face as she carried the beta effortlessly. Then, into the shower they went, Clara so impatient that she put Anna down and bore the cold water with her back, kissing Anna the entire time. Only when it started to warm did she finally give the girl some time to breathe, stepping back under the water and beckoning for Anna to follow.

“Eek! Hey!” Anna giggled as she was swept off her feet, looping her arms around Clara’s neck to hold on. It wasn’t fair! The French alpha was just so charming, it was impossible to resist her. Anna kissed and nibbled along her jaw as she was carried off down the hallway and to the bathroom, playfully growling and nipping. She wasn’t about to lay down and be the typical beta that was a push over. If Clara wanted to have her way, she’d have to fight Anna for it!. “I’m glad I came too…” the beta confessed, trying to keep her heart from fluttering hopefully as she did so.

Set down on the countertop and expected to strip, she didn’t shy away. Built like most betas, Anna’s body didn’t hold muscle particularly well. She was toned, her legs long and the most powerful part of her; her body made for running away from danger rather than into it. With tanned skin, hips and a rear that were more luscious due to her heritage, she was hopefully more exotic than the typical girl Clara brought home.

As her new lover peeled off piece after piece of clothing, Anna was eager to explore all those muscles but Clara said they had to get in the shower. She whined softly, obviously impatient, but hopped off the counter top and did as she was told. She pressed close to Clara, unwilling to be apart from her, her body shivering at the mixture of icy mist and the radiating warmth from the alpha. Soon enough, the water heated up and she became more bold, no longer deterred by the chill. Her hands wandered everywhere, feeling the tight muscles that lurked under Clara’s shoulders and back, then down to her amazing butt before sweeping forward to her front.

Nimble fingers traced over the slippery lines of Clara’s abs and for a moment Anna marveled at the fact that she was in control of this powerful woman for the moment. Unwilling to give up the advantage, her hands slid down lower to explore between Clara’s legs, teasing along her slit before delving into the hot silk. While Anna had more experience with men, she wasn’t shy or afraid of playing with Clara. The way the other woman made her feel...it was like the pressure was off and she didn’t have to fear screwing up.

“A little unsteady hmm?” Anna teased as Clara buckled slightly. She urged the other woman back against the tiles; Anna wouldn’t be able to hold her up so the alpha would have to brace herself against the wall. When she was settled she devoured Clara’s lips again, swallowing one of her moans as her fingers worked over her clit.

Anna was gorgeous. Clara knew it from the start, but seeing her unobstructed by clothing really drove the truth home. It made it difficult for her to think about anything else. Even if her intentions had once been pure, that had all changed. Anna caused her desire to soar, and it seemed the beautiful woman was just as interested in her.

"Such a curious bunny you are," Clara smiled playfully, allowing Anna to touch anywhere she wanted. She knew her body was nice, and she liked the way Anna appreciated it. She really liked it. Of course, she soon noticed that Anna had grander plans in mind, but she didn't stop her. Instead, Clara allowed herself to be manipulated.

Clara soon received her reward for the moment of obedience, and her hips buckled slightly at the touch.

"So bold," Clara cooed, stepping back as she was pushed towards the tile. Once more, she found her efforts rewarded, receiving a kiss and the most pleasurable little fingers teasing her clit.

"Naughty." Clara didn't know of another word that fit Anna quite as well. The innocent-seeming thing had captured her lips passionately the moment she entered. Now, she took control, showing enough confidence to lead an alpha. Few betas tried such a thing, and Clara found herself so very agreeable.

Of course, she only agreed for so long. After a few moans, feeling greater pleasure approaching, she finally growled and moved to take action. She stole Anna's lips and turned, swapping places with the talented tease. Then, without so much as a playful word, she sank down to her knees.

Clara never shied away from her desires. Alpha or not, Chaumont or not, she never let pride get in the way. And, what she wanted right then and there was to pleasure the attractive woman in her shower. So, she leaned in, a talented tongue immediately getting to work, not planning to show any mercy to the adorable bunny that wandered into her den with so much confidence. Not even a little.

“Naughty?!” Anna pretended to look hurt by such a harsh accusation. She was just a ‘curious bunny’ as Clara had put it. “I’m just exploring…” the beta said innocently; and she had been! ...But now her exploration had ended, there was nothing left to investigate, and it seemed as though she was quite content to settle in and rub tight circles over her lover’s sensitive little clit. Of course this too was done in the name of curiosity - Anna needed to see what Clara liked after all. So far her experimental touches were yielding amazing results; Clara’s moans were increasing in volume and frequency.

“Clara!” Anna pouted as their positions were suddenly reversed and her new toy was ripped away from her. At least the tile wasn’t so cold anymore...but she had been so close! Maybe. Kinda. A few more minutes and she definitely would have had the Alpha shaking with an orgasm! But like a typical doting wolf it appeared that Clara wanted to prove herself, wanted to show she could take care of her beta. It was sweet; Anna didn’t particularly care for growly overbearing alphas that used betas for their own pleasure anyways. Some of her kind was into that; but Anna was one of the few that preferred a chase that ended in a fun tug o'war of power. “I was in the middle of something…” the beta huffed. The gears were already turning as she formulated a plan to take over again.

Clara sank to her knees, and for all her pouting, Anna couldn’t keep her body from obeying the little cues the Alpha gave her. She draped a leg over Clara’s shoulder like a good beta, opening herself up further to that seeking tongue. Anna was already soaked, and not just from the shower. Their impromptu make out had gotten her panting and wanting; now it was going to be a war of will to not cum embarrassingly fast. “Not faaaaiir,” Anna moaned, one hand immediately gripping the crown of Clara’s head for balance while the other tried valiantly to hold onto the wall.

It turned out that Clara was good, -very- good, a savant when it came to oral. She did this thing with her tongue over a spot Anna couldn’t even pinpoint that had the poor beta panting and moaning in seconds. Briefly she wondered how many girls Clara had been with to get to this level, but she tucked that bit of irrational jealousy away. Clara wasn’t her girlfriend or anything. Besides, she got to reap the rewards of all that experience now as pleasure shot through her body. She cried out, nails scraping against Clara’s scalp as she held on tighter. She came so harm that she was trembling afterwards, the muscles in the leg that was draped over Clara’s shoulder actually twitching. “H-holy...fuck…” the beta panted; it wasn’t often that Annaswore...but holy fuck.

“Okay, alright,” Anna let out a sound that was half moan, half laugh as Clara went for another round. “You win, I’m going to slip and fall if you do that to me again.” She gently pushed the other wolf away and encouraged Clara to get back up so that she could kiss her. Despite her wanting another go, Anna’s legs already felt like jelly from her first orgasm. She needed to get them to a less slippery and more horizontal surface if there was going to be more sex. “Mmm...it’s obvious you are starving if you’re going to devour me like this. Let’s go get dressed.”

A quick scrubbing with soap that was more distracting than it was actually useful and they were done with their shower time. Anna felt much better; a long day’s work washed off of her so that she could properly enjoy what would hopefully be an equally long night with Clara. Dried off and wrapped up in their towels, the pair of them padded off to Clara’s grand bedroom. The alpha mentioned she had some clothes that Anna could borrow and Anna agreed...if only because it went with her devious master plan.

Once they were in the room and a bit closer to the bed, Anna let out a beta growl that was more adorable than terrifying, then unleashed her surprise attack! She tackled Clara onto the fluffy comforter, grinning as she landed on top of the other girl. They had spent all that time getting clean in the shower, and now Anna was going to make it her mission to get Clara messy again. She wriggled down the Alpha’s body before she could be stopped. The dinner that was waiting for them could keep on waiting; Clara was in a towel that provided easy access and Anna was going to take advantage -now-. Most of the fabric was out of the way from their little scuffle, and it took very little encouraging on her part to get Clara to spread her legs and let the curious little bunny lick and explore wherever she pleased.

Anna's "exploration" only served to inflame Clara's desires. So, when she found her chance to take control, she took it, wanting to prove to the beautiful woman that she made the right choice. Clara, like most Alphas, carried the desire to prove her worthiness to her partner. She did so with doting and showing off, displaying her cooking skills and the things she could do with her tongue. Of course, she also wanted to show off her physical prowess, but there was no reason to rush. Besides, even if she didn't display her power in the bedroom, The Games would provide plenty of opportunities.

All of that floated through the back of Clara's mind, and while she was aware enough to recognize her own motivations, she paid them little mind. She knew what she wanted, so she took it; it was as simple as that. And what she wanted was Anna.

"You'll get your chance, so just enjoy it," Clara said when Anna whined about being interrupted, though she said it in a rushed manner, her tone hinting that she wanted Anna to hush and lean back. Once again, their chemistry revealed itself, with Anna obeying Clara's wordless cues and Clara diving right in, finding her partner's weak points like the experienced pro she was.

Clara was experienced, more so than most women. Whether it was her beauty, her charm, or her background, she attracted people. And while she took every relationship seriously, she would be the first to admit that she held no reservations when it came to sex. Sex was fun, and it felt good, and Clara rarely denied herself the pleasures of life. Food, wine, lovemaking - she pursued it all, and even within reason, she built up quite the resume.

She didn't feel bad about it. If anything, as she watched Anna quiver and collapse beneath her skilled attention, she felt proud. Clara loved the noises she was hearing, and when Anna finally broke down, she pushed even harder. She had one simple goal: giving Anna an orgasm she would never forget. And when she heard the cute, naughty little thing curse, something she had never heard from her sweet little lips before, Clara knew she had succeeded.

"Ah?" Clara looked up, so proud of herself and ready for more that she didn't notice Anna's unsteady posture. The moment she did, a look of goofy panic appeared on her face, and she jumped up after being pushed away. The kiss that came after helped calm her down, but she still insisted on taking Anna to "safety." So, she quickly cleaned her up, which turned into more groping and playful nipping than she intended, then ushered her out of the shower.

"I'll let you borrow something to wear, then we can eat." Clara's intentions finally returned to what she considered pure, still wanting to devour Anna but pushing her desires aside for the greater good of their date. Dinner and wine had been the entirety of her original plans, and they had yet to sit down for a meal.

So, when Anna took control and tackled her onto the bed, Clara found herself completely caught off guard. She even let out a surprised gasp, though it quickly turned into amused laughter when she caught sight of the adorable creature "taking control."

While Clara fully intended to revert to innocence and normality with a meal, she didn't try to dissuade Anna at all. If anything, she quickly opened herself up, acting powerless as she was pinned down and taken advantage of by the beautiful woman on top of her. It helped that Anna's curious actions felt so damn good, causing her to slowly start moaning.

Anna's actions teetered between clumsy and cautious, but it was endearing, and she wasn't completely clueless. She knew enough for it to feel good. More than that, she learned quickly... so very quickly. Clara didn't notice at first, but she quickly realized just how fast Anna was discovering what she liked.

"Anna," Clara said her name, intending to tell her how good a job she was doing when a moan broke her sentence and said everything she had wanted to say.

Clara decided not to talk, letting Anna continue with only her increasingly frequent moans for guidance. As Anna's soft tongue and gentle fingers continued their expedition, her pleasure only built, and before long, her moans turned into the moaning of Anna's name, and her body showed clear signs of reaching its limit.

Then it happened, and her body was flooded with euphoria. She turned into a flushed, panting mess, and in the midsts of her hazy pleasure, she reached down and pulled Anna up, capturing her lips and holding her close. And for a time, she just laid there, a smile on her face as she nuzzled and kissed at the playful thing laying atop her body.

"That felt amazing, Anna. Truly." The compliment came as the rolling waves of pleasure faded, and she followed it up by giving Anna a lengthy kiss, one fueled more by affection than lust.

"Since I enjoyed that so much, I'll give you two options," she said playfully after ending the gentle kiss with a bit of renewed desire. "We can get dressed and go have our meal, or I can turn over, pin you beneath me, and attempt to find the depths of your stamina." Clara grinned, absolutely fine with either option, even if she really, really wanted to see how many orgasms the curious beta atop her could take.

Anna’s first few licks were light, probably too light, but she just needed a baseline to compare everything else to. She also explored all over, toying with Clara’s clit just to prove she could find it (she wasn’t a total novice with women!), but then her tongue would dip to tease around her entrance, or glide to the sides to explore her pink folds further. The beta was very observant; paying close attention to Clara’s voice, frequently looking up to see her facial expressions, collecting any data she could use to point her attentions in the right direction.

She found that Clara liked a little suckling pressure to her clit; that was an easy trick for her to show off, having more experience with males than females. If the alpha liked what she was doing now, she’d no doubt lose her mind if Anna ever serviced her cock. Despite the difference in the anatomy she was used to, Anna was doing just fine. She was eager to please, and loved the way Clara moaned when she was doing a good job...plus she was intoxicated by the way that the Alpha tasted. She’d frequently dip her tongue down to her entrance, gathering the delicious arousal there before swiping her tongue back upwards to flutter over her sensitive bundle of nerves.

It wasn’t too long before she was rewarded with loud moans and trembling thighs around her head. She worked Clara through her orgasm, and would have kept licking her through the aftershocks too but found herself getting pulled up, the Alpha wanting kisses and closeness instead. It made Anna smile; she really did appreciate this sort of softness and care. And the way Clara kissed her...it made her think something more was possible between them - but she quickly tamped that silly notion down.

“Can we eat and then maybe come back to bed afterwards?” the beta asked shyly. Truth be told she was pretty hungry, only having had a rushed lunchtime snack during her long shift at the medical tent. She didn’t want their night of passion to end, but the depth of her stamina was pretty shallow right now so she’d need a food break. Thankfully Clara agreed, and Anna gave her one more kiss before hopping off of her so that they both could get dressed.

Dinner was lovely; they both had a lot of common interests so the company was fantastic as well. After finishing their delicious dinners and the bottle of wine, Anna turned handsy again. She wasn’t much of a drinker, preferring quieter nights out rather than raging parties like other people her age. So even though she had only had a few glasses of wine, she was now a flushed and bold beta that was going to be a handful for Clara tonight.

———

Anna’s stamina lasted until about one in the morning...unfortunately the alarm on her phone went off at 5am. She quickly silenced it, not wanting to disturb the sleeping Alpha next to her. Then she went through the task of quietly sneaking out of bed and padding out into the living room. She ended up stealing the clothes Clara had lent her because they were still in an easy to find pile by the couch and she didn’t feel like going to find hers in the darkness.

This was going to definitely be a coffee and energy drink kind of day.

Thankfully she was only working half a shift in the medical tent; so only really needed to be a functioning person for 6 hours. Her sister had a match this afternoon and both her siblings would be competing all day tomorrow so she had made sure to juggle her schedule accordingly. It wasn’t too hard to switch shifts; there were a lot of med students and interns here to support the licensed medical staff.

Before she left, she wrote a little note on the pad of paper kept on the hotel room’s desk:

‘Sorry I stole your clothes. I’ll return them later. Thanks for last night and good luck in your match today. =D

-Anna’

———————

“Rraaawwwrrr!” Alex gave a great big roar as she jumped into the water, making a giant wave for Syri and splashing the giggling pup. The two of them had come down to the pool early this morning so that they could be loud and play without training competitors giving them the stink eye. Honestly Alex should be training herself...but Syri had asked to come down to the pool and Alex didn’t have it in her to say ‘no’. The pup was such a serious kid that Alex enjoyed these times of silliness. Besides, swimming counted as exercise, right?

Alex had brought the diving rings with her to amuse them both. She’d let Syri throw them and then the pair would race around to see who could collect the most. Of course she never let Syri win, that was not the way Northern wolves raised their pups, but she did offer praise when the kid got one more than usual or threw the rings especially far. The pup was such a strong swimmer for her age thanks to Tessa’s influence, and there was no doubt in Alex’s mind that the kid would be beating her in all these water games once she had a few growth spurts. But for now, Alex wanted to teach her that nothing ever came easy; and that losing was okay, as long as she was getting better or having fun.

“One more round kiddo, then we’re going to have to get out and have breakfast with mommy, then dress up nice so we can watch her sing for the opening ceremonies,” Alex said as a few adults started to enter the pool area. It was just as well they had to wrap up playtime, Tessa was probably done with her morning business by now. Her love was busy setting up and practicing not only for her brief singing today but also for her full concert later in the week, giving Alex and Syri some time to bond. Usually a panicky mess when left alone with all three children (mostly just the babies caused this anxiety), having just Syri to watch over was just fine with Alex. She was having fun. Plus there was lots to do here!! Not only could they spectate The Games, but there were lots of shows, tours, and areas on the island for the public to explore. It seemed as though whomever the event planners were had really packed tons of things for both the competitors and their families to do.

Clara rarely thought so highly of a first date, but her time with Anna was incredible. It wasn't the sex, even if it was amazing. Instead, their time together stuck with her - the gentle kisses and conversation filling the time between sessions of passionate lovemaking. She liked Anna. More than simply finding her attractive, she enjoyed their time together. It was the reason she kept going to Lykos even though a subordinate could have done the job. It was the reason she tried to impress her with a nice dinner cooked with her own two hands. It was also why she felt kind of guilty for falling into bed with her so quickly. Yet, even in the brief moments that they weren't all over one another, her appreciation for the young beta grew stronger.

Just like that, Clara found herself wanting to know everything about Anna. She wanted to push aside the playful banter and just understand the beautiful woman. Unfortunately, as much as she wanted that, Clara was still a weak person, driven by her own desire to the point of being unable to reject her bunny's advances. So, she made a concession, deciding she would just do all the normal things the next day when she inevitably ran over to see her again.

With Clara's mind made up, the night went smoothly. They enjoyed a nice dinner with some pleasant conversation, then returned to the bedroom and continued their mutual exploration.

---

The next morning meant waking up alone, however. Initially, Clara woke up and turned over, a smile on her face as she felt around for her lovely little Anna bunny. Her mood plummeted when she realized Anna was nowhere to be seen. It made sense, though, Anna had her own things to do, but it still made Clara a pouting mess for the rest of the morning.

The note helped, mainly because it gave her an excuse to see Anna as early as she wanted, but she still lamented over the loss of morning snuggle time. Clara almost wished she had known so that she could wake up extra early and snuggle before she left; Clara had a thing for snuggling.

Without her morning recharge, Clara's day began sluggishly, and her mind kept wandering. Fortunately, she didn't have much to do, only needing to show up for a few matches and maybe train a bit. Unlike most of the other competitors, she didn't stress about the competition. Clara's strength came from two things, natural talent and her family's lineage. While she did put in the effort, she never took it too seriously, even if she was considered a seeded contestant.

Therefore, with her schedule light and her desire to see Anna strong, Clara had already decided to sneak over to see her, even if she had to do it at one of the matches during Anna's break. She even planned on surprising her! But what should she bring? Chocolates?

---

Syri giggled happily as Alex jumped into the water, paddling around happily as the impact created a huge wave that threatened to push her back. While her time with Alex and Tessa was short - only a year - Syri already felt at home. She was still hesitant sometimes, nervous due to her past experiences with adults and parents, but the love and care the two showed her left an impression. Tessa was gentle and loving, and Syri always felt comfortable in her embrace, and Alex... Nobody meant as much to the young girl as the Alpha; well, her sister, but nobody else!

Syri idolized Alex, and she found herself following her around like a lost pup. She wanted to learn everything Alex knew, and even though it wasn't as obvious as Tessa's love, she knew how much the Alpha cared for her. To Syri, that love meant everything, and she found herself more and more relaxed around both of them - Alex especially.

"Just one more?" Syri asked, comfortable enough to pout a little. She still looked like a mature tiny one, barely showing any discontent, but the fact that she did that at all said a lot. Previously, before she ran away, complaining, even in the form of a childish pout, came with screaming and hitting, so it took a lot to get her there - a lot of trust in her new family.

Still, after her brief moment of pouting, Syri nodded. She wanted to see Tessa sing, so she quickly pumped herself up for their last round, determined to win more than ever. Of course, she never won, but she was getting better! Tessa taught her to swim, and Alex was a bit lousy at it, so it gave her a nice advantage compared to their other games.

So, full of determination, Syri threw out the ring, then immediately jumped into the water and started going after them full-force.

While Syri didn't win, she got three more than usual, and with that, she became so excited she practically jumped out of the water, running over to where Alex was waiting with a towel while shouting, "I did it! I got three more! I did it, Papa!"

---

Leslie had a big grin on her face as she walked past the multiple people giving her strange looks. No, not just multiple, everyone. Not a single person who saw her could brush off what they were seeing. After all, it wasn't every day that a random person carried a deer indoors and stepped onto an elevator with it.

Leslie didn't care, though. In her mind, her actions were about to be a huge success. Seeing as Jackson told her as much, she had no reason to doubt it. Just a few floors, then she could impress Jessie! And she needed to after how their reunion went.

Their talk went okay, with them catching up in a sense. There was a bit of difficultly when Leslie told Jessie the truth about her life experiences, but other than that, it went okay. Still, she knew Jessie still held some reservations, especially towards the soulmates thing. So, Leslie got some courting advice, and apparently, it was as easy as delivering a fresh kill to show she could support them. Leslie could do that! And she did! She couldn't wait to see Jessie's face!

Alex had the biggest smile on her face when Syri dashed out of the water. She had noticed the little one tearing through the water, determined for her last round to be her best round. Obviously seeing that attitude made the alpha proud. “Walk,” the wolf gently reprimanded so the excited pup would slow down and be safe by the pool as she came over. Then she wrapped the girl up in the big fluffy towel, ruffling her up a little before letting Syri finish drying herself. And then it happened: Syri called her ‘papa’. It freaked her out; Syri always called her ‘Alex.’ The alpha had introduced herself as Alex the very first time they had met and it had just kind of stuck. Tessa had become ‘mommy’ quickly and easily...but Alex was always just ‘Alex’ for the past year. Now to be a ‘papa’...it made her panic. She wasn’t ready!!! The babies had started babbling ‘da da da da da’ at her too and that also filled her with fright. Alex had been fine with this ambiguously titled mentor/protector role...but to be a ‘papa’? What if she screwed all the responsibility up?!?!!?

Evidently Syri noticed Alex’s face looked the same as it did whenever she had to get onto a plane: a mix of dread and fear. The alpha tried to school her features, but it was too little too late. The girl looked heartbroken, and Alex was also upset now too because she was messing up this whole ‘papa’ thing. “You did very well this morning, pup,” Alex said quietly, earnestly. Then she wrapped herself up in a towel and led Syri away, back up to their hotel room.

Thank the Spirits Tessa was already in their suite when they arrived. Alex never knew how to make things like this better, offering comfort through speaking was something Tessa excelled at. Of course Syri needed some of that comfort right now; the pup immediately sprinted to her mother, looking upset and needing lots of hugs. While Alex stood there awkwardly at the doorway, the little one recounted their morning at the pool and how Alex didn’t want to be her papa.

“I just...I panicked,” Alex frowned; the idea of being a parent made her uncomfortable. Of course she loved both girls as if they were her own! She had even slept in the kids’ room as a wolf for the whole first month they had stayed there! Haley had been a very scared tiny baby and Syri often had nightmares...so Alex would curl up at the foot of Syri’s bed with Haley and Sasha protectively nestled in her fur. Eventually Syri had gotten comfortable enough to sleep in the wolf pile, and both children got to the point where Alex didn’t need to stay in that room to comfort them anymore.

Tessa managed to soothe the little one and then sent her off to go shower and get dressed so she could scold Alex in private. The wolf huffed at the inevitable smack to her head. She knew she screwed up, she didn’t need the reminder! “I can’t help it Tess...my parents weren’t the greatest, you know?” They hadn’t even bothered to find her, even after Sasha was born. Tessa’s stupid agent had made them all pose for a photoshoot when their little one was tiny and new...and then again after they had adopted Syri and Haley; there was little doubt in Alex’s mind that her old family knew where she was and what she was up to...they just didn’t care. What if she ended up just like her parents? Loving their kid until that kid did something they didn’t agree with. “Syri already had one sire who messed up...she doesn’t need another one.”

——————-

Alex felt like a big doof in the shimmery blue robes that the Siren competitors would wear for the opening ceremonies parade. Northern Wolves always wore leathers and furs! They looked tough and wild; a far cry from what Alex looked like right now. She was all...elegant….and these stupid sleeves didn’t stay rolled up! It wasn’t right! And it was made even worse that Tessa was going to take pictures of her and her little shadow that came out dressed in the same robes as she was.

It was little consolation that Syri would be allowed to march with her; that was a werewolf tradition that the Sirens were graciously allowing them. Separating little pups from their parents was nearly impossible; so it wasn’t strange to see little kids and babies mixed in the Champions’ Parade for the werewolf teams. Syri and her would just be the two werewolf oddballs bringing up the rear of the small Siren team. After a few pictures so Tessa could send one to her mom and post one to social media, the three of them headed out and into the elevator. Alex made sure to set a few ground rules...usually Syri ate very healthy as she did, but Tessa’s ‘we’re on vacation, let her have what she wants’ ruling had the kid picking sugary crap from the breakfast bar and having a tummy ache yesterday. Now Alex sought balance; no tummy aches today! “Alright pup, you can have stuff from the waffle bar but I better see a lean protein and fruit on your plate too. And you have to be -very- careful to not get syrup on your clothes.”

When the elevator finally reached the ground floor, the trio got off and a woman lugging an impressive deer over her shoulders got on. The sight actually made Alex smile, “Aw.” That was cute. The human was obviously courting a wolf and trying to embrace some of their traditions to prove she could be a good mate. Bringing a fresh kill was a bit of an archaic tradition, but some wolves still practiced the old ways. “You never brought me a deer when we were courting,” Alex pretended to pout, though her pout turned into a smile and a laugh when Tessa smacked her arm. She kissed her wife on the cheek and slid an arm around her waist as they walked to the buffet, her other hand holding Syri’s so the little one didn’t get lost in the bustling breakfast area.

—————-

Jessie was freshly showered and about to prepare her breakfast (she could go down to the banquet hall and probably get something suitable...but she was very strict with her diet during competition and didn’t want to be tempted with sweets). But first, she carefully laid her outfit for the ceremonies on her bed: warm brown leathers adorned with colorful feathers and stones to denote her as a Latino wolf. Many of the Southern wolves wore brighter leathers like her, with the Northern wolves sticking to their earth tones.

Once she had everything prepared, Jessie walked over to the small kitchen and started to cook up a healthy breakfast of egg whites, spinach, beans, and salsa. A knock on her door interrupted her and she turned the heat down and went to answer it, figuring it was one of her siblings coming to ask her a question...imagine her surprise when she looked through the peephole and saw a very excited looking Leslie with a dead deer.

“It’s too early in the morning for this…” Jessie muttered under her breath. She was in a comfy bathrobe, ready to relax and eat her breakfast before the Champions’ Parade...and now she had to deal with whatever shenanigans were going on with Leslie. With a soft whine, she opened the door, even though everything inside of her didn’t want to.

“Leslie...what the fuck are you doing?” Jessie knew what it looked like Leslie was doing...she just needed some reassurance that she wasn’t hallucinating. Maybe hunters had some weird dead animal traditions she didn’t know about?

Unfortunately it was exactly like it looked like: Leslie was here, proposing courtship and offering her the biggest dead thing she could hunt to prove she was worthy. It was almost cute...except for the giant smelly dead thing dripping blood outside her door. “You know you didn’t have to...flowers would have been appropriate. Or, you know, nothing at all.” Jessie sighed...obviously not wanting the ‘gift’ or the courtship it symbolized.

Leslie looked so heartbroken at her words that it actually made the big tough alpha feel bad. “Wait...don’t go. Come in. Just...set it down in the kitchen and I’ll make you some breakfast.” Jessie sighed, already kicking herself for being so soft. But Leslie had gone through the trouble of killing the deer...she supposed the least she could do was cut off a nice piece from it and make her eggs and venison.

Even though Tessa never thought of herself as emotional, she had a soft spot when it came to her kids. So, when she saw a heartbroken Syri, her heart instantly shattered, and she hugged the girl tight, listening to her sobs and grievances. And, when she heard what happened, aside from remaining sad for the tiny pup, she grew furious. Her eyes didn't show any of that remaining gentle as she comforted the tiny creature in her arms, but it was there, buried beneath the surface.

It took a minute to explain to Syri that Alex definitely wanted to be her papa, the Siren telling her about how it was Alex's first time hearing it and that she was just excited and nervous. Then she redirected the conversation before the smart child could ask too many questions, knowing Alex would just "panic" again. She loved her wife, but Alex could be a real idiot when it came to emotions.

However, the second the little one was sent off, Tessa turned her attention to Alex, a scowl on her face. "Alex, this is not okay. Do you realize how much that child loves you? I know you're nervous and that you panicked, but you need to be tough for her. Even if you're scared you won't do well, you have to be confident and tough for her. She needs that reassurance."

Tessa didn't even smack her upside the head, feeling that it would undermine what she was saying since she usually smacked her for silly or slightly idiotic things. The happiness of their child transcended that.

After a huff, she walked over and hugged Alex, kissing her gently before resting her forehead on Alex's and saying, "Imagine how difficult it was for her to call anyone 'papa' after what happened to her. It's fine not to be confident, but for them, you have to look like you are. As for your doubts and insecurities, isn't that what I'm here for?"

---

Fortunately, Syri recovered quickly, and with so much on the agenda, Tessa couldn't stay mad. Besides, they had a family day planned! It wasn't exactly a relaxing day, with each of them having their own things to do, but they were all going to be together. To start, they would be attending the opening ceremonies parade, which meant dressing up.

While Alex didn't love the clothes, Tessa certainly did. In fact, she thought Alex looked incredible. The mix of her wildness and the elegant clothes gave her a very appealing look, and she let Alex know it, comforting her while doing a little flirting when the tiny one wasn't looking. Then, after letting Alex know she liked what she saw, she helped Syri put on the exact same thing, only smaller.

It was cute, seeing Syri march out and stand next to Alex all proud, her chin raised and a smile on her face. She tried to hide it, to appear stoic and disappointed in her attire like Alex, but she couldn't manage it. Syri loved looking like her "papa."

The fact that Alex sucked it up and started acting like a parent again made Tessa happier than anything, though. Listening to her lecture Syri about eating well and seeing Syri nodding along seriously warmed her heart, and she wanted nothing more than to give her wife a big kiss. She really did love her, even if she was an idiot sometimes. If only Alex didn't remind her so soon by pointing out the deer and speaking words that made it sound like she wanted Tessa to go hunt her one. Right... Yeah... Never.

---

The last thing Leslie expected was for Jessie to open the door while looking irritated. In her overly active imagination, she pictured an excited or smiling Jessie, thinking that her act of courtship would make her happy or at least be seen as thoughtful.

"I... I was led to believe you would like this..." Leslie said, her voice faltering a little. She didn't know anything about courtship. Her usual methods involved being attractive and charming, relying nothing on traditional methods. She flirted, had some fun, and never worried about what would happen next. Dating was a foreign concept. So, trying to impress Jessie meant treading on fresh ground.

"Is this not right?" she asked with obvious disappointment. She went to Jessie's brother, who she assumed would be able to give her some useful advice. Either way, it was a nice deer, right? That had to count for something.

Still, she couldn't pretend she wasn't disappointed. Their conversation the previous night meant a lot to her, and after meeting Jessie again, she wanted to... try something. She didn't even really know what. She just... wanted to see where things could go. It was all new to her, but she was going to try her best! Which, unfortunately, failed day one. Or so it seemed.

Then came the redeeming light, which was Jessie telling her not to go. Suddenly, the world regained color, and Leslie looked up with a big smile on her face.

"Right, I'll put it in the kitchen!" she said excitedly. It took some effort to get it through the front door without making a mess, but it was easy enough to get it to the kitchen once she did.

Fortunately, she hunted it using her bow, so it only had a single wound that didn't ruin any of the meat. She was proud of that, and she wanted to show it off all the more, so after placing it down, she turned around with an excited look on her face.

"Good morning, Jessie," she said with a smile, looking every bit as bright as mischievous as she once was. It was a look that had been absent from her face for a very long time.

Who the flying fuck would tell Leslie that this is the way wolves liked to be wooed. The internet?! Gah! At least whatever source she had gotten her information from had encouraged the use of traditional weapons. Spears and bows were what betas used, even today; any weaponry that was more advanced than that would have brought the worth of this gift down significantly.

“I think my grandparents courted this way...but no one really does this anymore,” Jessie mused as she made quick work of loin and backstraps, breaking them down with practiced ease. The rest of the deer she’d leave for the cleaning staff...hopefully one of them would know a hungry wolf or two that would like to have the rest of this feast. Usually she’d chow down on such a nice looking source of venison herself, but she was on a strict and carefully balanced competition diet this week. The backstraps would be her cheat meal later. Leslie of course didn’t have such restrictions, so Jessie fried her up some of the loin and two whole eggs.

Leslie looked so pleased with the fact that Jessie was making her breakfast and had allowed her to stay that she smiled - not that ‘used car salesman trying to pick up unsuspecting bimbos to go on a date’ smile, but her real one. She was cute. Jessie actually managed a smile back, her grumpiness gone for a moment as she stepped over the carcass in her kitchen and brought two plates of food for them to the little breakfast nook. They talked for a while, mostly about The Games and the competitors to be watching. Because it turned out that Leslie was working security for the parade, Jessie agreed to walk over to the arena with her after she got dressed in her leathers.

But it was not a date and none of this meant anything!

———————

Jack’s first competition was Sharpshooting. The task was fairly straightforward: destroy 50 targets as quickly as possible, time is added to the final score for missed shots. Projectiles could not be bigger than an arrowhead (this kept mages from just blowing up the entire arena). There were arms caches scattered about but no real rules as to whether one had to stop at them or not. The arena itself was what made that simple task no small feat: stand in one place for too long and the ground turned to quicksand, move too much or too close to a target and the ground would shoot up to form a barrier. There were lots of strategies to get around the challenges of the arena. One year a dwarf had stayed still in the center of the pit, quickly firing shots until he sank too deep to continue...he had missed his last two targets but still, it was impressive that he had knocked out 48 without moving an inch.

Standing still didn’t work for Jack; as a bender she needed to move her entire body to focus and push the mana that would send her premade projectiles flying. While mages could just rip mana from thin air and redirect it with just a gesture of their hands, benders needed to use their whole body to guide it. Like many of her practice, her entire body was tattooed with protective wards and enchantments that made guiding mana and whatever element it was trapped in more efficient.

Thankfully it wasn’t necessary for her to wear a suppression collar for this particular competition, all abilities were free game here.

“Next up is Jacqueline Naught, representing the Benders,” The announcer called as the lone woman walked to the center of the arena, causing an eruption of cheers from the crowd. A renowned university professor in Armistice, Jack was a favorite to place in all of her competitions, if not win. “The two time bronze sharpshooter will be looking to beat out elvish champion, Camilla Duchamp’s time of 6:32, if she wants to secure that first place slot.”

“And she’s off folks! Targets one and two down. It looks like she’s working her way through the first five targets and over to the outside of the arena to hit the high marks first.”

“Oooo and there’s a miss, Chuck,” the second announcer called. “That’ll cost her 10 seconds.”

“Well let’s see if she can make it up here, Bob. Naught is picking up some steam, she’s tearing across the arena folks! Around the outside, twenty targets down and it looks like Naught has accidentally activated one of the barriers at target 23 - she’s leapt right over it! I don’t believe it! What an amazing shot!”

“Halfway to go and Naught is still behind Duchamp’s time but quickly catching up. This is going to be a close one.”

“Last few targets and here she comes, racing right down the middle. Two barriers activated! Naught is weaving through them, it doesn’t even phase her that they’re up. These are the last batch of targets and the moving ones folks! We’ve seen these give some of our bow competitors trouble in the past. Hopefully Naught can make up some time here!”

“6:35! Naught doesn’t take first place but she does have a very comfortable twenty second lead over our current third place holder, dwarvish champion, Percy Longbeard!”

Panting hard, Jack waved and bowed before the cheering crowd before moving off to the sidelines to towel off and then sit where a few other competitors took a front row seat. She would be lingering here in this competition for a while, just to observe. Very few people competed in more than one event as she did, but there was a woman she was curious about: Miranda Lawson.

Last edited:
The Lawson family prided itself on scientific breakthroughs. While they belonged to no group, in particular, standing firm as an independent conglomerate of greed and mutual interest, they still had their supporters. That was where Miranda came in.

Miranda's existence was proof of concept in a sense, a shining example of what the Lawson Group could do if given enough resources and freedom. Therefore, to show any interested investors what they could do, the group sent her to compete in The Games. They were determined to awe anyone watching into spending their money on the twisted research that turned a young girl into a human weapon, an experiment that they controlled and used for their own gain.

As much as it haunted Mirada's thoughts, her predicament making her angry and sick, it ended there. In fact, after so many years as their puppet, she felt numb to it all, enough to show up at the games with her own brand of indifferent determination. After all, for Miranda, it wasn't a chance to show off and cause awe. To Miranda, The Games determined the treatment she and her sister would receive once they returned to Armistice, so she didn't hesitate to give it her all.

"We invested a great deal in you, so don't disappoint us, Miranda. Go out there and take the gold medal away from those inferior beings."

As much as her father and the rest of the Lawson Group despised Miranda, they also viewed her as a prized specimen. They viewed her as an inhuman creature, but they also felt that their creation surpassed all others. It was an odd dissonance that often bothered the woman, but instead of giving it any further thought, she turned and walked out, not even nodding. They both knew she would obey anyway; it was why they kept her sister under watch, to keep her obedient.

Miranda barely paid attention to the other competitors. Even those ahead of her in ranking only received a disinterested glance. It wasn't due to arrogance or true indifference, however. Instead, Miranda found herself nervous, needing to focus so that she performed her best. She needed to succeed.

However, despite the lack of attention, Miranda's performance didn't suffer; she didn't need the strategy of others. Instead, she tore through the course with pure power, displaying control and ability that did just as the Lawson Group wanted - awed.

"Next up is Miranda Lawson, representing the Collective." It all started normal enough, with her name and affiliation being announced. If anything, some people chattered about her beauty, partially due to the skin-tight suit she wore and partially due to her perfect figure.

However, that only lasted a moment. Miranda shot forward when the countdown ended, dashing towards the center as lightning started to crackle and flicker around her form. As she pasted targets, bolts of lightning shot out, smashing them to bits. She appeared unstoppable, not slowing in the least as she made incredible time through the course, displaying a mix of magical ability and physical prowess that made her stand out even more.

However, what others didn't see were the beads of sweat beginning to build on her forehead. In her attempt to dominantly claim first, she needed to push herself, and despite her "perfection," her body held a very large flaw. Her power, derived from dragons, exceeded what a human should be capable of. There were consequences to wielding it in such a reckless fashion.

Miranda didn't slow, nor did she make a mistake, but that didn't last forever. In fact, just as she approached the end, her arm began to shake. One attack went fine, and she managed to send out a few more bolts without a problem, but as her body struggled to last, her aim faltered, and she missed. Right towards the end, she missed, and it wasn't just a single target.

Unwillingness flashed through Miranda's eyes, and she forced her body further, regaining control to finish the course. However, it was too late, and by the time she cleaned it all up, her dominant performance stumbled and failed to clutch victory. Yet, as she came to a stop, hiding the quivering in her arm by clutching it with the other, the crowd erupted. Victory or not, to them, it was a shocking display.

"Oh my! Only two seconds behind our previous competitor! This solidifies Miranda Lawson in third place after an incredible display of powerful magic!"

Miranda gritted her teeth. Even if she managed to keep her expression from changing, her eyes spoke towards her disappointment. There was even a trace of sadness, but not because she feared the tongue lashing that was to come. She simply couldn't accept that she had let her sister down.

---

Just as Miranda expected, when she returned to her father's side, he proceeded to berate her. It was funny; Miranda was always a prideful person, seeking perfection and standing firm in the face of any challenge. In the outside world, despite everything - despite being looked down upon for being a hybrid - she stood tall. However, in front of such a weak man, she could only take it.

After he finished shouting, he looked at Miranda with a sneer. "You better not disappoint me again."

The man didn't make any further threats; Miranda had heard them all before. She knew that her success determined her sister's treatment within the family. She didn't need to be reminded. Therefore, even if she hated him and wanted nothing more than to kill him, she couldn't. She simply... had to do better.

With an internal sigh, she turned around and walked off, knowing what she had to do. Her next competition was actual combat, and she had to win. So, before it started, she needed to take care of the damage done during the last event.

There were quite a few other competitors here, watching the event from the sidelines, and Jack took a seat by them but not with them. The Bender was always aloof in such situations, preferring to be quiet and in her own thoughts rather than engaging in pleasant small talk . Most of her fellow competitors didn’t see her as rude; they just saw her general disinterest in conversation as part of her brooding Bender mystique.

As she watched her competitor go through her run, it became very clear to Jack that Miranda was reckless, especially when using the type of magic she did. Most mages couldn’t do anything with lightning; it was just unstable with far too many consequences if it’s power was handled incorrectly. But here Miranda was, pushing her body and abilities at the same time...there was no way that that was sustainable. Of course the crowd didn’t care, they were just roaring with excitement to see some sparks fly. But Jack was quiet, pensive.

It took until the end of the run for Jack’s theory to be proven. Miranda’s aim faltered, and not just once but twice. With a slight nod, she got up, put her robes back on, and left. She had a lot of preparation to do for her afternoon bouts, even more so if she ended up being matched against Miranda today.

——————-

Stripped down to nothing, Jack’s body revealed that every inch of oiled up skin was covered in wards; even the sides of her head had been shaved to make room for the functional tattoos. Benders and werewolves were the main reason suppression collars were instituted for Hand to Hand Combat; Jack couldn’t help her wards from activating, just as wolves couldn’t help from transforming during the heat of battle.

The Hand to Hand Combat was perhaps the most grueling part of the competition. It was such a popular event that it took days to get through the champions; with suppression collars making the playing field even, pretty much every race sent their finest champions to compete. This gauntlet of bouts would last for days...and here she was on day one and already feeling the fatigue. Running off of plant protein shakes and small snacks between fights, Jack was ready for a rest and a proper meal. Anyone who won today would have tomorrow off while officials rearranged the brackets and allowed competitors a chance to prepare themselves for the new fights for the day after. Jack had a strategy prepared for each race; the fighting style of an elf was vastly different from that of a werewolf. Today it was Benders vs. Mages, Wolves vs. Dragons, Humans vs. Dwarves, and Sirens vs. Elves.

Thankfully any mage opponent she faced would be just as tired as she was. It turned out her last bout of the day would be against Miranda Lawson...the mage who had nearly beat her in the Sharpshooter competition.

Jack’s strategy became to tire the other woman out. Usually she wanted to win as quickly as possible against mages - fights tended to just turn ugly or turn boring the longer they took against them. But versus Miranda she knew she could out stamina the other woman. A competitor could win via technical points or a knockout...Jack only ever went fulltilt and for a knockout versus dragons or wolves. With Miranda she went for points, scoring enough to win the best of three rounds. The match had been close; 3 rounds to 2. As tired as the mage had seemed in their fight, she was stubborn and didn’t give up, Jack had to give her that.

Declared the winner, Jack bowed and showed her respect to her opponent, her thanks to the crowd, and then walked her wiry, sweat and oil soaked body back to the locker rooms so she could wash this mess off.

——————————-

“Hurrrrraaayyy Alex!!”

A little voice coming from the sidelines caused Alex to look over. There, for her very first match ever was Syri, standing next to Tessa in the front row with a banner that said “You can win, Papa!” in her hands. The little girl was jumping excitedly and smiling as she cheered.

“Cute kid,” the elven man across from her chuckled as he followed his opponent’s gaze.

“Heh...yeah, she is. Thanks.” Alex smiled brightly, ever the proud parent...though she was quite concerned about Syri being here and watching these matches at her age.

The fight was over quickly, Alex scoring a TKO. She had tried her best to not be too rough or draw any blood...instead pummeling the poor man in the chest before uppercutting him to end it. The elf could have argued the referee’s ruling but dazed as he was after that last punch, he didn’t.

Alex did her obligatory bowing and waving before sprinting off to the first row. She jumped up and pulled herself into the low balcony where her pup and mate were standing. The wolf blushed a little bit as she landed, not missing the way Tessa’s eyes raked over her body. Besides the functional purpose of being oiled up so that competitors would actually throw punches and kicks instead of wrestling and grappling, the oil made the wolf’s muscular form look all the more impressive. Her inner alpha preened at the attention...but the human was mortified! Tessa was here! WITH THEIR PUP!!! Syri had seen Alex naked before, nudity wasn’t a big deal with wolves...but these matches could get really violent!

Her coach tossed her blanket up to her so that she could cover herself up a bit. Then she sat down; as soon as she did Syri clambered into her lap and chattered on excitedly. Alex just smiled and kissed her daughter’s head, then leaned over to whisper into Tessa’s ear, “Did you really bring our pup to a violent event so you could see me compete naked?”

Last edited:
Miranda's singular "failure" was not enough to keep her down. For all their lecturing and contempt, even her family let her be because she still had to compete. However, instead of taking time to calm down or relax between events, she needed to recover from the damage done by pushing herself too far.

While having so much experience in her poor state couldn't be called fortunate, Miranda was used to it. She returned to her room - one not fitting a high-level competitor who was part of a wealthy family, but her room nonetheless - and started her treatments.

The damage caused by the rampaging lightning couldn't be seen on the surface, but her body was devastated by the power; it wasn't something humans were meant to wield. Miranda's body suffered because of the overwhelming element, but it wasn't just her muscles; her mana circuits were also shredded. It was an excruciatingly painful thing that she showed no signs of having, long-since having grown accustomed to it.

The true cure for such a thing was rest, meditation, and some mana-infused potions for a gradual recovery. However, technology meant progress, and nanotechnology allowed a more immediate fix. Though, the treatment hurt nearly as much as the condition.

With a deep breath, Miranda gritted her teeth and injected the nanites into her body. Unable to help it, she flopped back on the bed, holding back groans of pain as she "recovered."

---

When Miranda stood in the arena, she showed no emotions on her face, appearing indifferent despite displaying herself to the masses. Her form embodied the meaning of the word "perfect" - tantalizing curves, flawless milky-white skin, and black hair that shimmered in the sun. And the oil only served to draw the eye further.

However, despite Miranda's indifferent expression and cold blue eyes, her mind was quite active, though not because of the multitude of gazes. Instead, her eyes were locked on her competitors, stuck between admiration and wariness. Miranda knew Jack due to her reputation, and she knew it was going to be a tough fight... in more ways than one.

The mage rarely allowed herself to be influenced by her baser urges, but she found herself rather attracted to the woman standing across from her in the arena. Jack was powerful, wild, and confident, and such a person appealed to her, enough for her to take notice despite having no intentions of taking action. She just... appreciated the sight, though she knew she needed to focus.

Fortunately, by the time the fight began, she managed to pull her mind from the gutter and focus on the match. Unfortunately, the other woman seemed to know her weakness before the bout even began.

Miranda started the match strong, her power exploding as she displayed hand-to-hand combat prowess that few mages could match. Part of it was her modified body, part of it was because her lightning could be used to stimulate her physical capabilities, and part of it was an insane amount of combat training. Those factors combined allowed her to clinch the first and third rounds. However, everything went downhill from there.

The goal had been to knock her opponent out or claim the first three rounds and win from the start, but Jack proved tenacious. By the fourth round, Miranda slowed considerably. Her muscles were sore, her body was wrecked, and the previous damage made it difficult for her to hold out.

By the time she lost, Miranda's condition was terrible. While she hid it, her right arm was trembling, and pain shot through her body in waves. Pushing herself in a weakened body led to more serious damage, and she needed to fix it quickly.

After the match ended, instead of going to her father for what was sure to be a harsh reprimand and punishment, she rushed towards the locker room, needing to get her bag and the emergency medications inside of it. However, by the time she reached the locker room, her shaking and pain had become so bad that she couldn't manage to get the combination. Before managing to do as much as utter a curse, she collapsed.

---

Tessa was originally against going to the match because of the nudity. She didn't want to expose Syri to it if she didn't have to. It was natural, and she didn't mind it, but she didn't see the point of it. But Syri wanted to see Alex compete so badly, and when the cute girl said she wanted to see Alex fight, Tessa couldn't resist. She faltered, and once she gave in a bit, she collapsed completely.

So, they made a banner, and Tessa took Syri there while ignoring the nudeness. In fact... when she finally saw Alex, her mood changed from slightly unsure to completely happy she brought Syri. Well, completely happy that she showed up and got to see her sexy wolf in all her oiled glory.

"You've got this, Alex!" she cheered, joining Syri to root for the best papa ever.

Even when Alex won and hurried over, her mind didn't change. She simply grinned and leaned in, nipping at Alex's ear before whispering, "I brought her to cheer on her papa. But... now that I've seen you naked, I'm wondering if we can find a babysitter for a bit so I can take you back to the room and give you a proper reward."

There was a slight pause before Tessa added, "Maybe I'll even let you put some of that oil on me."

As much as Alex really, reeeaalllyyy loved having sex with her mate, things were just difficult now with the kids. The wolf didn’t like being separated from them, not even for a little bit. With Alex never wanting to get a sitter (some random stranger was not going to watch her precious babies!), their lovemaking was confined to quickies and hushed voices.

So of course, when Tessa put such naughty thoughts into her mind, she broke.

The wolf whined softly, conflicted. She felt a duty to her pup...but also really wanted to play with her Tessa toy and see how sexy she would be covered in oil. “Arlann and Mara are here, right?” they had to be, there was no way a control freak like Mara would have this much company exposure and not be right in the middle of it. At Tessa’s affirmative she brightened, looking like the excited puppy she had been when the two of them first got together. “Syri would you like to hang out with Auntie Arlann for the rest of the afternoon?”

————————-

Jack was coming out of the showers when she noticed a crumpled over form in the locker room. She rushed over, finding it to be her opponent from the last match. The Bender frowned as she knelt, their fight hadn’t been particularly violent so she couldn’t imagine that the other woman had internal injuries or head trauma. When she touched her, she found Miranda’s skin was cold to the touch and she was still breathing evenly. Jack wasn’t a medical doctor, but she was pretty sure what she was looking at was mana sickness. Benders rarely got it; they knew their limits and adhered to them. But mages...mages were fucking idiots and didn’t know when to stop; that’s why mana potions were so popular. Potions could stave off the exhaustion and acted as a soothing balm to the inflamed mana pathways. But Jack had no potions to offer, and even if she did she didn’t want to choke an unconscious woman with them.

Well, she couldn’t just leave Miranda here. And if she called a medic, what would they do? It’s not like there was medicine that would fix the problem immediately. One could treat the symptoms, sure, but repairs to the intricate internal pathways for mana took time, meditation, and food. Miranda would probably prefer to recover at her leisure in her own room rather than a crowded medical tent.

Jack just had to wake her up, ask her where she stayed, then walk her there... that should be easy enough. A little warmth from the shower would help the unconscious mage with her sickness anyways. So the Bender scooped up the other woman, grunting a bit with effort. Miranda was taller than her...and a hell of a lot curvier, so she was heavy. Jack still managed to carry her over to the showers and lay her down without dropping her. She turned the water on hot, then set the unconscious mage inside the warming stream.

Not wanting Miranda to drown on her, she shucked off her towel and knelt down to join her. She propped the mage up against her, trying to ignore the insane amounts of intimacy as their naked bodies slid against one another. Jack wasn’t a prude like the mages from Periodica...shared showers just usually happened with conscious women with very different intentions in mind.

Miranda's mind was a mess. Even after she passed out, her body continued to torment her, leaving her in a strange state where she couldn't sense anything but still felt the pain as her body tried to cope with the disaster that was currently trying to rip it apart from the inside. Just like every other time, Miranda was forced to endure it without the ability to struggle or escape.

However, on the outside, it seemed as if she were merely experiencing mana sickness. While mana sickness made sense for mages, which she technically was, it was something dragons never imagined experiencing. So, her state was more complicated and dangerous. She wasn't just experiencing a lack of mana but suffering from her attempt to use an element beyond human control.

The only surprise came when Miranda started to come to sooner than usual. While she always lost track of time, she had a general sense of how long her episodes lasted, but her consciousness began to flicker in and out much sooner, and the pain began to diminish somewhat.

At the same time, her body showed signs of changing, reacting strangely to the unknown presence and strange actions of the person next to her. Before Miranda knew someone was holding her, her instinct picked it up. The dragon inside of her, fearful in its vulnerable state, surfaced, making itself known in what should have been a fearsome transformation. However... Miranda's dragon bloodline was muddled at best, and the end results proved unremarkable.

A pair of horns grew, curling back over her head, and lightning mana tickled her throat, giving each exhale a few traces of the unstable power as it attempted to release a dragon's breath and failed. It went no further.

Then, amid her ineffective defensive measures, Miranda woke up, but her entire body was flushed and her mind hazy. Without a word, she leaned up and captured Jack's lips, reacting completely off instinct. She acted as if she were possessed, sharing a lightning-charged kiss and turning her body slightly as she tried to deepen it.

The kiss lasted for a long time, with Miranda clinging to the Bender desperately as she let her tongue clumsily invade the woman's mouth. Only when she pulled back did she seem to regain some clarity, and even then, nothing made sense. All she knew was that the kiss seemed to help her calm down, as if helping her recover, and her body craved more. Something inside her was telling her to take things further, and she couldn't find the will to question it.

"Please..." she whimpered, appearing like a woman consumed by desire. The cold, confident woman from their match was gone, replaced by someone with an insatiable need for intimacy, one squirming in Jack's arms as her body did whatever it could to remain as close and connected to the Bender as possible.

Jack could feel the mana being guided away from her as the woman started to stir in her arms. As a Bender she was always covered in it, loose tendrils of magic that clung to her body...so when they moved and shifted, she was aware of the odd and whispering sensation against her skin, as if the lightest of breezes was touching her. Her confusion only grew into surprise as she realized she wasn’t just holding a human mage, she was holding a fucking dragon!

Ah shit…

Well. That explained her mana being borrowed.

Jack tensed as she saw the horns come out. It’s not that she was racist against dragons, Benders, werewolves, and dragons had always made alliances due to their connection to the land and spirit world, she was just very aware how they could get when weak or wounded. The Bender would -really- like to not be on the receiving end of electrified fire breath. Despite her new found apprehension, she held her ground. Freaking out and flailing around like a fool would just give the dragon more reason to attack her. Instead, she started to pet soothing lines up and down the woman’s powerful sides. The gentle attention was rewarded with a sudden fierce and hungry kiss. Jack groaned into Miranda’s mouth, naturally returning the passion with relief that she wasn’t about to be set on fire.

Panting softly to regain her breath, she now looked at Miranda with a fresh set of eyes. Obviously the woman was beautiful, a female Adonis...but seeing the wildness in her dragonesque features, the unbridled desire in her eyes, those were things that Jack could actually relate to. “You were very sick just now…” the Bender frowned at Miranda’s plea for more. It wasn’t like her to turn down sex with a beautiful woman, especially if that woman was borderline begging, but she was pretty aware of Miranda’s unstable state. “Let me take you back to my place so you have somewhere safe to crash afterwards,” Jack gave one of the dragon’s breasts an enticing squeeze, a promise of more pleasure if she agreed. When she drew an affirmative from the other woman with her gentle toying, she purred out a, “Good girl.”

She helped the other woman up and get dried off, letting Miranda invade her personal space all the way back to the locker room. Jack took her bag out of her locker and dug through for her key and a piece of crystal. She placed the key to her lodging on the ground, then knelt to scratch out a geometrically complex and perfect ward around it. When she touched the center, a portal opened in front of the ward. “It’s safe, promise,” Jack reassured as she picked up the key, her bag, and took Miranda by the arm. Not all portals worked correctly - one stray line could send the summoner into the middle of the desert or on top of a mountain. But this one wasn’t going very far, and Jack wasn’t a fucking idiot so it would presumably work. Once they entered, the portal led them through this world, into the Veil where mana ran freely, and then dumped them back out next to the door to her lodging.

For the duration of the competition, Jack would stay on the outskirts of the island in the upgraded cabins that were very popular among other Benders and certain sects of other races. Made of natural materials with very few artificial plastics allowed on the inside, the lodgings reflected the Bender mentality of embracing nature and shunning tech and artificial abominations. Did living this sort of lifestyle have a measurable effect on her powers? Maybe not. Placebo effect had to count for something though; plus it was just nice to have a view of the ocean and coastal forests when she meditated.

Leading the weak and wobbly dragon back to the bedroom, Jack had thought that once she was in her new nest she might fall asleep, but Miranda was still needy for physical touch once tucked in. Jack sat down on the edge of the bed and pet the poor thing once again, fingers drifting up and down the centerline of her stomach, sometimes toying down to her mound but not dipping down low enough to give her relief. It seemed the Bender’s goal was to get the dragon to spread her legs like a needy slut with only the lightest of touches, thereby establishing herself as the dominant one here. “What does your eager cunt need, little dragon? My fingers, my mouth, a toy?”

Miranda's strange state continued. Even as her body started to reveal the hidden side, showing dragon horns and traces of dragon's breath, she couldn't bring herself to fight it. Nobody was supposed to know the source of her power - that she was an experiment that forced draconic power on a human - yet lust overwhelmed everything else. Her body wanted to heal, and nothing would stand in its way.

Even her instinctual desire to defend herself in her vulnerable state crumbled, smothered by whispers of intimacy as fingers brushed across her sensitive skin. Miranda let out a soft moan at every touch, and her lips hungered for more. Even when their passionate kiss ended, she could barely control herself, feeling greedy for more to the point of impatience.

"Not sick..." Miranda muttered stubbornly, looking almost adorable as she tried to be needlessly insistent without clarifying. And she wasn't lying. Her condition wasn't the same as mana sickness, and Jack could help her get better, so... she needed more.

Even in her current state, Miranda tensed up when Jack spoke about going back to her place, though. She felt uncomfortable with the idea of being taken anywhere, but that discomfort didn't end up being enough to make her hesitate for long. After a moment of enduring the desire raging through her body and jolted into action by Jack's groping, she looked into the woman's eyes and nodded her head.

Miranda tried to cooperate afterward, standing when Jack helped her and moving as best she could to let the other woman dry her off. She didn't remain obedient, though, constantly looking for brief moments to kiss or touch the other woman, leeching mana in the process.

Even when Jack started drawing out the ward on the ground, Miranda couldn't behave herself. While Jack worked, she pressed against her from behind, touching and kissing at her neck and back. She moved gracefully despite her weakened state, managing to get what she wanted from Jack while not interfering with her work. As needy as Miranda was, she knew better than to cause a mistake when Jack was dealing with magic.

When everything was done, she went through the portal obediently, popping out on the other side unsteadily. Clearly, she hadn't recovered enough to move through the Veil without a bit of wooziness.

After regaining some semblance of balance, she grabbed onto Jack again, ignoring the surroundings and focusing on the gorgeous woman with smoldering eyes. For a woman famed for her coldness, none of it could be found in her current expression.

Nothing changed even when they made it to the bedroom. Faced with a soft mattress, Miranda's desires only grew, and it wasn't neediness born solely from the instinct to get better. Even if her lust started there, it evolved after her shameless skinship with the other woman, and when she found her chance, she captured Jack's lips again to make her appetite clear. Her body was weak, and her actions were slower and clumsier than normal, but there was no mistaking what she wanted.

Even when she was tucked in and teased, the only response was gentle moaning. Miranda was determined enough to chew on her lip and spread her legs when prompted. A slight blush did appear on her cheeks, but that was it, her embarrassment ending there. She didn't even hesitate to respond when Jack spoke, only whining slightly with impatience as she delivered the only answer she could think of with her addled mind, "I don't care. Just make me feel good."

“All three then?” Jack grinned at Miranda’s impatience and neediness. Usually so composed and cold in competition, it was interesting to see this side of the mage. Shamelessly splayed out on the bed, slightly flushed with eyes full of lust, the dragon was a delicious sight. It was tempting to just continue to tease; thoughts were already swirling in her head of a bound and begging dragon in her bed, a willing prisoner for the Bender to play with…. But such fantasies were inappropriate for a first time. “Greedy girl… We’ll start with just my fingers and see how you feel afterwards.” Jack gave Miranda’s exposed, defenseless clit a light pinch before drawing her hand away, letting the dragon see what she was about to do.

There was a crackle of energy as Jack actually opened the Veil, borrowing mana directly from there rather than destroying something in this world. She was going to put it back when she was done! ….Though, traditional Benders would probably argue that what she was doing was just as bad as what the mages did. For her she couldn’t see the difference between gathering water from the ocean into a bucket, dumping it back in, and this little trick. Her fingers were now encapsulated with the glow of raw mana, the rivulets of it bouncing around against the invisible barrier she had created.

She let Miranda inspect this new development if she wanted, then laid down next to the dragon. Jack had noticed how the other woman was always pulling at her, sneaking kisses and touches. It felt like Miranda could only draw mana from her when they were physically connected, and this connection seemed to make the other woman feel better. The pull didn’t really bother her; Miranda wasn’t ripping the source of her power from her...it felt more like the dragon was sending out some sort of distress signal and the mana that hung around Jack was just going over there to investigate.

With the dragon trying to draw mana towards her, the bits that Jack had trapped against her hand began to bounce around faster; making it feel akin to a vibrator on high. That was new, even for Jack, but it just required a little extra focus to keep the power from breaking free. With everything stabilized, she ran her hand down Miranda’s sternum, down the twitching muscles of her abs, and down to her thigh.

“Keep your legs spread,” Jack mumbled the order against Miranda’s lips as they kissed. She ran her slender digits up and down a creamy inner thigh, trying to let her lover get used to the intensity. As much as she tried to help Miranda prepare, fingertips that hummed and pulsed with the power of trapped mana were like no other sensation in the world. Jack’s fingers were far more focused than any toy, and the mana itself felt both hot and cool, solid and liquid.

Back
Top Bottom