Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Wondrous Fall -(Black Out & Fruit)-

Act II
  • Ib1Cs4z.png
    THROWBAOOOOTHROWBAOOOO
    Wonder Woman couldn't fathom the drastic events as they rapidly unfolded around her. Something had possessed her to place the riveting artifact onto the pedestal only for all hell to break loose as a direct result of her mindless action. I've opened Pandora's box.. Merciful Minerva.. The looming alien battleship filled the sky, its overwhelming shadow covering Giza like a dark mantle. An enormous cloud hovered atop the Great Pyramid like a dark turban on a solemn old man, each spark of lightning a colorful thread woven in the fabric. Diana stared at the scene intently; the man judged her for her reckless actions like a stern father. Thunderclaps carried his admonishing bellows to Diana while she bit on her lips nervously. The Gods are reprimanding me. She concluded as she watched the castigating Great Pyramid of Giza vanish into the darkness, swallowed by the dust, the vicious mocking of the Gods persisting within the murk.

"Go back to the camp" Diana hissed at the scientists behind her. "Evacuate the area immediately. I'll take care of this" mess I started. The sheer severity of the calamity had paralyzed the mortals behind her. They stood awestruck by the massive storm and the mammoth alien ship that peaked through the gloom. "Go now!" she yelled at them, completely uncharacteristic of her, and ushered them towards the camp. "Should we alert the authorities?" Sally asked the group as they dashed towards the camp. "They already know. People in Jordan can see this thing!" Professor Stuart explained. "I hope she can deal with whatever that was.." Dakari prayed. "It looked like a full-blown alien invasion!" Diana heard their distraught conversation fade in the distance.

Even so late in the night, the enormous ship was immediately visible against the veins of lightning encircling it. Diana watched it slowly float towards her, the dark cloud trailing it until they were centered in the sky directly above her. The belly of the beast opened releasing dozens of sarcophagi that rained down like comets with an odious purple trail. Diana watched the descending salvo with sparkling eyes, the large coffins plunging into the surrounding dunes with resounding thuds and tremors. Each one of them was the size of a school bus. Plumes of smoke rose from underneath each planted sarcophagus before the coffins were kicked open from the inside. They're transport pods! Diana quickly surmised. Each pod carried around a dozen fighters, and more than twenty of these pods were dropped in the bombardment.

The alien fighters were extremely tall to the point that the shortest of them towered Diana by at least two feet. They wore reinforced armor suits that made them look like mechanical robots, and if it wasn't for the lack of wiring, Diana would've assumed this war was against an army of android warriors. The invaders wielded all sorts of firearms. Those closest to her had shotguns and assault rifles, while those further in the back aimed at her with sniper laser sights. Some of them had grenades and daggers strapped around their waists. This was a well-armed well-disciplined army that seemed to possess centuries of experience in warfare and conquest.

Her shield blocked the first shots fired by the aliens; twenty high dins from the rifles shooting her shield and then a deeper clunk from the sniper rifle all rang in her head. Roaring, Wonder Woman raised her shield and sword and lunged at the enemy with inhuman speed. Zapping through their ranks, she slashed at their joins and throats like a deadly whirlwind. Those who died only fell to the ground after she was yards away, already slicing and hacking at a different foe. Their suits of armor made them impervious to most forms of damage, but their joins, particularly near their ankles, knees, and elbows, as well as their throats, were vulnerable to Diana's blade.

giphy.gif

She'd slain a score of opponents before a grenade exploded at her feet and sent her flying away to the side. Merciful Minerva! Her skin, armor and weaponry were immune to fire, but her boots and other garments were now damaged. Gunfire intensified, she could hear the aliens closing in on her and flanking her. The sniper's laser-sights scanned the dunes surrounding her waiting for her to peak her head. "Die, slave!" The looming soldier atop the dune was holding another grenade ready to chuck it at her. Diana quickly recovered to her feet and whipped out her lasso, then cracked it towards the alien's feet. The lasso wrapped itself around his feet in multiple knots causing it to stagger and fall from the dune backwards towards his squad. Diana retrieved and fastened the lasso around her waist before an explosion rang from the other side of the dune, smoke misting the air well enough for her to advance without threat of being gunned down.

Diana made her way through the desert circling around the pyramid, using sand dunes as cover. The sky above her was lit with the barrage coming from Anubis' ship. More pods were falling closer to the camp, and other sorts of space crafts were hovering and buzzing around at lightning speed. What have I done? Remorse filled her lungs with every breath, guilt making her feet sag deeper in the sands with every step. With all her strength and superpowers, Wonder Woman wished, out of contrition, for the ability to reverse time so she could undo her mistakes. No, my crimes.

Navigating her way through the dunes, the Amazonian found herself getting closer to the marksman. The alien was using his scope to scout all the surrounding dunes closer to the smoke in hopes of finding her, and had no idea his prey was prowling, hunting for him. When she was a few feet away from him Diana pounced on him and buried her sword into his shoulder-blades. She threw the corpse from the side of the dune and watched it tumble down before an ear-piercing bang erupted from a nearby hill, and another sniper squarely found Diana's chest.

She toppled over and tumbled down the dune akin to the corpse. Mercifu- She gasped and coughed repeatedly, blood gushing out of her wound and painting her armor red as Aphrodite's hair. Immense pain jolted through her body for a second then immediately subsided, like a single angry wave after a season of drought. The wound on her chest closed gradually in a matter of seconds, her skin mending and stitching as her breath and heart rate were placated to normal levels. There is hundreds of them. I need to head back to the camp.

Jn87wDw.gif

With her strength completely recovered, Wonder Woman lunged upwards and flew towards the sniper that'd shot her. Several laser sights appeared from various dunes and hills and other sniper nests around the area and all pointed at her. They struggled to keep her under their cross-hairs as she zigzagged in the sky, rising and sinking, turning and spinning, through the clouds and fumes, until she landed at the marksman's hill. Rolling on the ground she dodged his shot, and then with a swift slice she cut his armed hand from the elbow up. Immediately she seized him forcefully, hugged his body close and turned around, a handful of sniper shots landing on his chest and bouncing off the armor until one found his throat and finally rendered him dead.

Panting, Diana lunged again skywards and flew towards the camp. A sniper bullet grazed her thigh and she bit through the pain as the flesh welded together almost instantly. Her entire body was marred with her dried blood making her look like a living corpse. Parts of her attire were burnt, but the fire in her eyes burned more than anything else. Fueled by a sense of guilt and obligation to right her wrongs, Diana was determined to put an end to this invasion. She made her way towards the camp as high away in the sky as she could, away from the gunfire and alien space crafts. She later landed in the middle of the camp.

TkeQEnZ.gif

The alien army had wreaked havoc in the camp. The tents were ablaze, smoke and cinders turning Giza into Pandemonium. Corpses piled on the sides of the roads between the burning tents. "No.." a tear ran down her cheek. "I couldn't save them.. I should've hurried here.."​
    THROWBAOOOOTHROWBAOOOO

Act III
  • PLiw1sE.png

THROWBAOOOOTHROWBAOOOO
    The statue of Aphrodite loomed high above them. Hippolyta looked younger than Diana remembered her; eyes as blue as the ocean, thick curly hair, and full lips on a slender face with the gentlest of maternal wrinkles. She was angry. At me. "How could you, Diana?" Her mother admonished her. "How could you forsake your oath?" The older Amazon was crying as she uttered her words of disappointment. Diana found no courage to reply. Her lips quivered and she looked down. Words in her head floated and formed a thousand excuses, but her sealed lips denied them freedom. "Do you take Aphrodite lightly?!"
    1iQUmyw.png

The question stung her. Diana began sobbing along her mother's blames. "I-I would never!" she finally managed to reply.

"You don't deserve those bracelets!" Hippolyta hissed at her before seizing her hand and pulling the bracelets off her.

"I do!" Diana cried out, tears running down her face.

"You let a man lay claim to you. You surrendered your honor and dignity when you let him weld his chains on them. You're worthless! You're no daughter of mine!" Hippolyta screamed at her.

"You shall be banished, Diana." Zeus appeared from behind her.

"Father.. No.. please.."

"I'm no father to you. You will relinquish your powers. The gods will exile you from their domain, and you'll be banished to a mortal's body as you deserve!"

Diana succumbed to her knees pleading for mercy. "Please.. I will rectify my mistakes. Give me another chance.. Please.."

A bolt of lightning struck the earth beneath her, and Diana fell in a bottomless pit to her doom.​

It felt as if a century had passed before Diana arose from her weakening, restless slumber. Her eyes fluttered open, groggily, and the harsh glare in the room immediately blinded her. She shook her head to waves of unrelenting headache that rocked her head from both sides. Merciful Minerva.. She was trussed, suspended in the middle of the room, and utterly naked from head to toe except for the black collar, anklets and bracelets around her neck, ankles and wrists. Slave garments, she had quickly come to learn. What had possessed me to shackle myself with these? Wonder Woman berated herself and her decisions. Her negligence and irresponsible actions have proved costly. With one she had brought downfall upon humanity, and with the other she had condemned herself to slavery.

Chains and shackles bound her ankles together and each of her wrists to the ceiling. Arms sprawled like a crucified saint, Diana hovered in her cage marred with red and blue blood across her exposed chest and thighs. Every limb in her body ached with throbbing, unfamiliar pain. She tried looking sideways to survey her surroundings, merely gently rolling her eyes across a field of haze, and the waves of pain came crushing down on her. The slightest movement of her wrists caused the shackles to gnaw back, quelling her resistance into submission. I will break free, The Amazon rallied her spirits. I will avenge everyone. I will defeat Anubis. She vowed. Gradually, her will amplified by hatred and a yearn for vengeance. She tugged on the reins of her resolve and promptly felt some strength rekindling within her.​

vqFA2NF.png

"Aaaah!" She roared, rage possessing her to jump and kick the air in vain. The metallic shackles snapped back as she stirred, making her cry out in pain. How am I so weak? The thought evoked a running tear down her cheek as she panted, and then the revelation struck her; I'm mortal. Diana deeply inhaled and felt the sour truth in every iota of her being. Human weakness coursed through her veins, and each breath she drew tasted like a despicable necessity. For a second Diana stopped moving and her panting subsided. She focused all her mental prowess in the humbling silence and heard nothing. Nothing. Not an ant's footfall nor a distant plink of a water droplet could be heard. Pure, unadulterated silence shamed her for her ineptitude. She tried levitating to ease the pain around her wrists. Filling her chest with air and heaving her stomach, closing her eyes and clenching her fists, all of her attempts to harness her powers were fruitless.

Diana started panicking. Depraved of her divine abilities, she was vulnerable and powerless in the face of peril. The slave set, she hypothesized, its what making me weak. She tried once more to break free of her chains and was reminded of her weakness. The rattling blared louder with her attempts, as if the chains were mocking her feebleness. The noises resonated louder across the room and echoed back, returning with a small-framed alien wearing a brown robe. The servant was carrying a bucket filled with a mysterious golden liquid. It had the color and glow of honey yet the purity and consistency of water. "Where am I?" She asked the retainer but received no answer. Several other aliens appeared from the edges of her vision with brushes, towels, sponge-like materials and similar buckets. "What are you doing?!"

An army of cleaners surrounded her from every side without uttering a word. One of them, on her right, dipped a sponge in his bucket then brought it to her knee and started scrubbing. Diana could feel the warm liquid damping her thighs and legs, bubbles forming wherever he brushed. More servants around her began cleaning her from the blood and filth that had covered her naked body. Their hands, towels, and sponges brushed every inch of her body clean of the blue and red that had tainted it. Several of them brought stools that they stood over to reach her shoulder, neck and face. Soon her face was wet with the golden fluid and its intoxicating, chocolate-like scent filled her lungs. Diana couldn't open her eyes with her face coated with the foreign substance. She jerked and kicked to try to wriggle free of their invading hands, and ended up kicking one of the minions in his face, sending him staggering down.

wE5sMgu.png

Still blind, she heard the servants shuffling around her and then later felt a leather strap tightening around her knees, binding them together. "Stop it! Let me free!" she bellowed at them, "I will ki-mwff". They muffled her with a piece of cloth tied around her head. A servant wiped his towel around, under and between her breasts and her eyes widened in shock. They're molesting me.. Another one spread her buttocks and scrubbed her clean as she arched her back away from him instinctively, only to push her breasts into the other servant's hands. The scrubbing and wiping continued amidst the noises of thrashing liquid in buckets and droplets from squeezed towels landing back in buckets. Her hair was moist with the liquid that made it tangle and knot around itself. The more they cleaned her, the thicker the layer on her grow. They wiped her face clear with a piece of cloth and she could open her eyes again.

They left her a pristine body that smelled like Eden and dripped tears of honey like a weeping angel. All her efforts to escape were to no avail. Despair, a foe only to mortals, plagued her heart. Her hopes dwindled to nothing even as her migraines started to clear. Diana's vision became clearer after the bath, but the more she looked, the less options she saw. She was trapped and stripped of both power and dignity, and if she had any chance of freedom, it certainly lied with someone else rescuing her. A single tear ran down her cheek as she realized the extent of her irredeemable failure.

Hours and hours of dripping passed until Diana was dry. Her stomach growled and her arms numbed. They had taken off some of the straps around her thighs but even with the fewer restraints, Diana found no strength nor will to resist. Her body started swaying wherever the air blew in the cage like a hanged corpse. The liquid gave her skin a lively sheen and her hair an illustrious glow. She felt smooth and smelled nice, but beneath that facade she was a broken spirit in a crippled body, malleable even to the lightest of gales.​
    THROWBAOOOOTHROWBAOOOO

Back
    Top Bottom