Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Wondrous Fall -(Black Out & Fruit)-

j1hrtqr.png

THROWBAOOOOTHROWBAOOOO

The sun was just starting to dwindle along the distant edge of the horizon casting a serene orange glow over the sands around the Pyramids of Giza. A collection of tents sat in the growing shadows of the pyramids, the winds buffeting against their thick canvas walls. Professor Stuart Maclendin hovered over a table within one such larger and central tent. His thumb stroked over a knuckle, working to wedge out a few stray grains of sand that had settled into his weathered flesh. It was a grating feeling that he had become all to accustomed to dealing with after years of toiling in the field. The heat of the day was fading but the way the cotton of his shirt stuck to his chest like glue served as a constant reminder that it wouldn't be forgotten.

It had been weeks since the unearthing of the hidden shrine in the belly of the central most pyramid. What had started out as a modestly sized team had ballooned as soon as word spread of their discovery. Calls went out and more tents started rising from the sand as experts from across the globe descended upon the fabled Pyramids of Giza. The place was a bustle of activity during the day and sometimes just as lively at night. Reporters from several major outlets and prominent publications were constantly looking for the latest scoop or update. They were all here to get a closer look at what many were calling the find of the century. But there was one person, one woman who hadn't arrived yet. The fact that Wonder Woman herself was going to be showing her face filled the camp with an intoxicating buzz of excitement. Even the presence of a security detail that the Egyptian government insisted on providing did little to dampen the anticipation.

gizah2.jpg

Truth be told, the Professor couldn't recall any discovery of merit that could compare with the ground breaking discovery they had stumbled upon. In his mind what was laid out before him upon the large table could very well rewrite the history of Egypt itself and quite possibly the world. He hardly knew where to begin. One moment his eyes were fully engaged and entranced by one artifact, only to be drawn inevitably away to gaze in awe and wonder upon yet another. Pads that were quickly filling up with conjecture, hypothesis, and frivolously early assumptions lay neatly arranged next to every artifact upon the table. Allen squinted and finally pinched his eyes shut, while his thoughts continued to swarm over the possibilities.

Carbon dating had conclusively pointed to everything being from the Egyptian era, but he couldn't help but wonder if the machine was faulty. The smooth metal surfaces, an alloy as mysterious as the objects themselves hardly fit within the scope of what was even remotely possible in those distant times when the Pharaoh's ruled over Egypt. Then there were the seamless quality of the markings that were somehow carved into their metallic surfaces, depicting all to familiar glyphs that were associated with the gods of those times. Tap them and the metal would sing with a hollow humming chord that he imagined a synthetic tuning fork might sound like. They weren't hollow though, at least the feel of them did not suggest they might be and he wasn't about to try to crack one open to find out. There would be time ahead to explore those questions once everything had been inventoried and shipped to a proper lab.

087cdae34e929efb08d7eae6cef794ce.gif

He sighed, pried his eyes back open and reached over for his only comfort, a half empty bottle of luke warm water. "Professor Stuart." Sally chirped up enthusiastically while her mentor quenched his thirst. Maclendin's stubble worn face swept over to gaze inquisitively upon the petite blonde intern that huddled by his side. The day had been full of heated, passionate discussions that sometimes bordered on downright argumentative tones as naysayers and conspiracy theorists butted heads with those who defended the authenticity of what had been uncovered. "Yes Sally, what is it?" Even freshly moistened his throat still felt raw and served as a constant reminder of the sometimes conflicting views gathered together here. "Wonder Woman! she's arrived." Sally blurted out, causing a hush to fall over the table. She immediately swallowed back her budding excitement. "Uh, um, I showed her to her tent like you asked. She's settling in now."

Stuart gave a warm and generous smile to his eager understudy while he brushed crumbs of sand from the stubble that peppered his jawline. "Oh, good, good." The professor pulled his gaze away and took a look about the tent before his eyes settled on a collection of smaller crates packed with hay. "I need you to do me a favor." He turned away from the main table, leaving a dwindling cluster of his contemporaries behind, still pouring themselves into their work. "Run this over to her for me. I'm sure she might enjoy having an opportunity to look over just some of what we've discovered before she joins us in the morning." He smiled towards Sally as he held the container out before himself. Sally's hands curled around its sides but before he let go he gave her a stern, albeit friendly reminder. "And Sally I meant walk, its full of jewelry made out of the same strange metal compound as everything else."

Sally pulled the box into her possession, the diminutive blonde cradling it in her arms like a new born babe. "I'll be very careful Professor Maclendin." Her eyes brightened up as she turned to head back into the growing twilight of the coming evening. The stars overhead were already beginning to peak out from their lofty astral perches as her slender legs carried her dutifully towards one tent out of many. "Wonder Woman?" She almost peaked her head beyond the flaps of the tent before she caught herself and stopped short. She tried to clear the jitters from her throat. "Professor Maclendin sends his warmest welcomes and wanted me to bring you these to take a look over while your settling in. They're getting ready to wrap up for the night, but he thought you might to look over some of this before we all reconvene for a fresh start in the morning." Sally shifted on her feet, biting her bottom lip while she waited for the tall and striking raven haired woman she had met but just a half hour ago.

Back under the main tent the Professor had returned to his place around the table. The day like pretty much everyday had been a tiring and exhausting mental affair. Just as he was preparing to send everyone off to get some rest and return with a fresh and renewed focus in the morning a mildly irritating and nasally voice spoke up from across the table. "I-I think I found something." Allen found his eyes pulled over to its short and plump source, Dakari Madu, a local to the region, but an expert none the less in the community of archeology . "This piece that just came in. I think, well I think some of these might fit together much like a puzzle." His stubby fingers were pulling pieces together before himself, arranging them. "See look how these three pieces line up." The Professor started to step around while a pensive and curious hush fell over the others gathered around the table. "And this one..." There was a pause as Allen came up by his side and leaned forward to watch as his associate pushed the timeless relics of glistening ebony metal together until there was an audible click as the assembled pieces joined together. "..fits right in place here. See?"

7ef8d11320b7736137095a2650dbace6eb2210b4r1-400-239_hq.gif

Maclendin put his hand on the broad shouldered back of his friend and associate. "That's an astute observation Dakari and one that perhaps we should leave until the morning to look into further." Allen turned his attentions to the rest of the small gathering that had remained to work into the evening. "That goes for everyone, myself included. We'll all be better off with a good nights sleep and some fresh minds." The suggestion was met with a few nods as the heavy hands of Dakari placed the freshly assembled conglomerate of relics that resembled the very shapes of the pyramids themselves back down upon the table. Slowly one by one they emptied out into the night while the winds rose up, buffeting the sides of the tent. No one noticed the barely discernable hum that came from the freshly assembled pieces that had been left behind upon the table as the winds picked up.
THROWBAOOOOTHROWBAOOOO

Last edited:

THROWBAOOOOTHROWBAOOOO
2dc86baeb7efafabbb0542711a9db7d561108960.gifv
Its been long since I was last requested in here. The sun greeted her fervently, its warm rays filling the cloudless sky and engulfing everyone underneath it in a heated embrace. The humans were struggling with the heat. It must be unbearable for them, Diana noted how everyone on the ground her was engaged in a futile endeavor where they seemed to fan themselves constantly only to still sweat profusely. The westerners seemed to have the worst of it, their skins breaking readily and flushing every shade of red. The locals seemed impervious to their local blazing heat, hardened and resilient to the sun after centuries of its seething kisses.​
Airborne, the Olympian followed the trail of humans, camels, and tents until she found the central tent that had been described to her. Pitched only a quarter mile away from the Pyramid of Cheops, still under its looming shadow, the black tent was almost impossible to miss. Tents around it served as storage houses for drilling equipment, generators and excavated artifacts. That's not good, she quickly surmised after an elementary glance to assess the situation.​
c9a7c2704cb204c7d565a229e4c3b6258f089ed2.gifv

Her toes touched the ground and the locals around her gaped in awe and gasped in fear, their camels panicking and scattering in disarray. Blessed by the Greek goddess Athena with near-infinite wisdom, intelligence, and literary knowledge, Diana was extremely proficient in Arabic. The Egyptian dialect drew a smile on her face, its honeyed rhythms and charming sounds resurrecting fond memories of the last time she'd landed around those sand dunes. Graced with the Eyes of the Hunter from Artemis, goddess of the hunt, Diana was able to understand and speak with all sorts of animals. Utilizing her abilities, Wonder Woman telepathically communicated with the camels and placated them effortlessly.​
She was petting a camel when a voice called from behind her. "Miss curator?" a petite blonde asked her with a voice shaking with timidity. "Oh it is you, Miss Prince! Welcome to Giza! We've been looking forward to meeting you. My name is Sally, can I show you to your tent?" Sally welcomed her earnestly, her feet shuffling in the sand awkwardly as she looked up at Diana. "That would be lovely", she beamed at the intern with a maternal smile and walked alongside her through the encampment.​
"Goodness, it really is hot in here!" Sally muttered in an attempt to break the silence and converse with the woman that towered her by a foot. "That's because of the uniform you're wearing. Look at the locals and notice how they're dressed. You'll notice they're all wearing baggy, lightweight clothes that allow for good air-circulation to evaporate their sweat and cool off their bodies. They're also almost always dressed in white and other light colors to reflect off as much radiation as possible. Wearing dark suits here isn't a good idea, and stripping off clothes will only help you when its moderately hot in the afternoon. When the sun is centered perpendicularly in the sky, you'll want to wear something white and stay in the shade to shield yourself from the harmful radiation."​
Sally tilted her head down and noted her black suit underneath a white lab coat, then thought back on Professor Stuart's applicable choice of attire. "That makes so much sense! No wonder the scientists were all wearing light cotton shirts!". Wonder Woman nodded at her, her lips stretching in a maternal smile. "The same rationale can be applied to the tents. They're supposed to be white, and made with thick fabric. The flaps should be pulled up at the entrance and, if possible, the opposite end as well to create an air-stream inside the tent. Circulation will cool the tent faster if there is a path from which air could enter and leave. You see those tents with the machines?" Diana pointed at one of the tents where mechanical dins could be heard, and Sally nodded enthusiastically. "Machines and generators output hot air and will heat the space and each other quickly, which will lead to them malfunctioning or possible even burning the tents. They need to exhaust that hot gas in the open or else it will accumulate so much heat that something bad might happen."​
This time Sally wasn't at a loss for words. "True! Professor Stuart keeps complaining about the tents being black. He'd also requested machines that could operate under extreme heat so that they could be used in the open or under a canopy but his requests were always turned down due to insufficient funding." There was a hint of sadness in Sally's voice. She seemed the type of girl that readily displayed her emotions without a veil, her lips curled down in a frown after her confession. "O great Hera! That's unfortunate. Hopefully his new ground-breaking discovery would help convince them to increase the funding. I'd say he earned it."​
The two reached Diana's tent which was sealed shut. Sally unzipped the flap on the entrance and flipped it over the roof. "Thank you for a lovely chat, Miss Prince! Its not every day I get to talk to a member of the Justice League." Sally blushed and tilted her head down. "I now need to inform Professor Stuart of your arrival. Please excuse me". Wonder Woman watched the dainty intern scurry off to the central tent.​

ddGqNcA.gif

At that point in time, the sun was descending on the horizon. The only source of heat that remained was the hot sands that'd been subjugated to hours of scorching solar heat. However, despite the simmering ground, the atmosphere grew considerably cooler with the nigh absence of the sun. The hot climate was only a source of torment to the humans living under its domain. Diana was beyond such mortal struggles, her skin had been immune to fire and heat ever since Hestia, goddess of hearth and home, granted her sisterhood with fire enabling her to both harness and withstand the fiercest of flames.​
The Amazon smiled at the people passing by her tent. Most of her missions don't allow her the opportunity to interact and socialize with the common people. This particular escapade seemed to require her expertise as a world-renown historian and archeologist rather than her skills as a god-like warrior. As the chief curator of the department of antiquities at the Louvre, Diana was one of the most obvious professionals to seek when unearthing a discovery of this magnitude. Her deep knowledge in the field was going to be an invaluable asset to the scientists and archeologists gathered in this dig.​
Alloys that seems out of the world. She reflected on the words Professor Stuart used in his email to her a few days back. Biting her lips inquisitively, she wondered if the humans here have found something from the spiritual realm - if somehow an artifact or relic escaped through the physical and temporal confides of this world and materialized here in Giza as a message from the Gods. Such an incident would be extremely rare, yet its dire consequences ought to be unfathomable. The Gods behaved in unpredictable ways, but even in their most sinister days they wouldn't wish to misplace one of their items and have their divine powers inherited by a human with a weak spirit and conscience.​
Sally emerged from behind a nearby tent returning to Diana with a heavy box cradled in her arms. "Let me help you with that, Sally". She lifted the box with ease and placed it on a table inside her tent, then listened attentively as the intern relayed her tutor's words. "I see. I'll take a look at them. Have a good night, Sally". The blonde subsequently departed from the tent, leaving Diana alone to inspect the contents of the box closely in private.​
"Great Aphrodite!" the Amazon exclaimed and her eyes widened as soon as they landed on the mysterious items in the box. The items juddered nosily in the box when she reached to examine them almost as if the contents of the box were reanimated by Diana's presence. It can't be.. the box contained ceremonial items; an incense burner, anklets, chokers, rings, earrings, an amulet, and other feminine accessories and jewelry. All of the items were forged from the same otherworldly matte black ore that Professor Stuart had mentioned. This can't be human made. Diana deduced, her eyes carefully scanning the surface of one of the chokers. Tracing the smooth surface with her fingers she sensed the item pulse under her touch for a second.​
A purple glow emitted from the inside of the choker when her skin touched it. Her eyes lit up, various theories hatching in her head. The Gods have left this, she hypothesized, certain that they intended for her to find this box similar to how they'd decreed for her to be blessed with countless inhuman abilities. Biting her lips nervously, she slowly pushed the choker against her throat and closed it behind her neck. The metallic accessory pulsed once more with a hum, the mechanical vibration giving her goosebumps. Great Hera.. She pressed her fingers against her temples and blinked repeatedly. She could sense a new kind of mental power swirling around her brain.​

"There is more. Seek out the rest of the ensemble."

A masculine divine voice whispered within her. "Zeus? Father, is that you?" She asked aloud and received no response. Sighing, she tried to take off the choker and realized the metallic ornament wouldn't pry open regardless of however hard she pulled on it. Suffering Sappho! She cursed in disbelief that even her godlike power wasn't enough to free her from this wretched choker. Pushing the box away in disgust, the curator decided to stop toying with ancient artifacts and retire for the night.​

tumblr_oqtc6qN27d1snteogo4_r6_500.gif

Diana was the first person in the tent in the earliest hours of the following morning. The sun was gentle this early in the day, shyly peaking from the edge of the world like a bashful bride. One of the lab assistants offered her a bowl of oatmeal and a cool bottle of water. She was done with her food by the time Professor Stuart Maclendin arrived in the tent. "Professor Maclendin, good morning!" She greeted him warmly, the box of ancient jewelry sitting on a table to her right. "I took a look at your findings. With the exception of my bracelets, I dare say I've never seen anything like this. I don't think they're human-made."​
THROWBAOOOOTHROWBAOOOO

THROWBAOOOOTHROWBAOOOO
There was always a certain sense of renewed vigor that the dawn of a new morning would bring. It ushered in fresh hope that swept over the collective whole of the camp. There was a ritualistic sense to the start of another day. Everyone had their own routine and some turned that routine into tradition. For Stuart Maclendin his ritual was a refreshing shower followed of course by a strong cup of coffee.

1439314337-nebia-shower.gif

There was something inherently reinvigorating to stand beneath that shower head while brisk cool water washed away the toils of yesterday. By and large, it was his favorite part of the day. His head ducked forward while precious water coursed down his weathered figure to swirl away into the drain at his feet. In that solitude he could really think clearly, there were no distractions, nor chatter from his colleagues. Just pure unadulterated time alone to think, along with the blissful feeling of all that sand being swept away from his waking flesh.

Normally distractions were left outside the shower stall, but this wasn't most days. There was a buzz in the air, the kind that you could feel in the depths of your bones. He remembered feeling it when his email had been replied to. The anticipation built from there and the middle aged man felt a sort of juvenile fascination whenever he let his thoughts drift towards Wonder Woman's arrival. It was like knowing you were going to meet a celebrity and having days and nights to think about what you were going to say, while praying that you didn't come off looking like a fool. Except in this case she was far more then a celebrity. It was more like meeting royalty.

Freshly towel dried and his ritual complete as tired veins were woken by the fuel of hot coffee, Stuart made his way towards the main tent. His persistently optimistic assistant followed along at his side, clutching a strung together bundle of files and folders against her belly. She had taken Diana's advice and slipped into a pale yellow shirt complemented by a lightweight pair of albino cotton trousers. There was a bounce in her step, the gift of youth that her mentor shared to a degree on this day. Sally was rambling about her encounter with the famed heroine. For his part, Stuart's own curiosity led him to entertain the discussion more then he normally would have.

tumblr_nvm2imJpth1s1hs64o1_500.gif

"She was soooo nice." Sally peered up from beneath the brim of a straw hat she had selected to keep the sun from the pale features of her face. "I mean, like just the nicest person and she knew so much. I swear I think she was talking to a camel when I found her." She murmured the last part as if it was a great conspiracy.

46959fdf1aa9a6c098eea6b78ca91215ad71e363.gif

"Don't you think that sounds a touch absurd, Sally? She'd be the envy of every vet." He retorted with a wry glimmer that was vanished by an amused laugh and wink. "I mean sure, she's Wonder Woman but I wouldn't believe everything you read on the internet about her."

"I didn't read it on the internet." Sally offered up her own meek reply although she couldn't help but smile along with the Professors good natured ribbing. "I read it in a magazine."

"Well, did you see her, or actually hear her talking to the camels?" Stuart washed down the question with a hearty sip of his rich and aromatic morning cup of joe. "Mmm, they don't make coffee like this in the states." He mused to himself while his young understudy adjusted the twined together bundle of papers pressed up against her chest.

Ahead the tent had started to come into view, leaving Sally to quietly mutter. "No, I didn't see her, I just, it just seemed..." Her thoughts trailed off as they weaved their way through the arrangement of tents towards the largest of the bunch were a pair of Egyptian soldiers stood guard. The rounded jovial mass that was the flamboyant Dakari was outside as well.

R75c568ba19bc19bdbe72ea0eb8803e19

Maclendin had a hunch that Wonder Woman was already inside the tent waiting for them as soon as he saw Dakari pacing nervously about outside. It was reassuring feeling to know that he wasn't the only one who was a little on edge about meeting the famous, reportedly immortal Amazon. Unlike his star struck colleague
Maclendin felt he was at least keeping himself reasonably composed.​

Dakari greeted them in his customary open armed manner before they could reach the open flaps of the tent. "Ah my friends! She was here first thing in the morning. Before even me and I don't know about you both but I could barely sleep a wink last night." Stuart could feel the suns mercy starting to fade away as Dakari embraced him with a hearty hug.

"Did you speak with her?" The Professor inquired as Sally brushed aside the curtains to the tent. While she entered and greeted Diana with a heartfelt hello, the two men finished their hushed conversation.

Dakari murmured. "No, I didn't know what to say, so I just got her some oatmeal and came outside to wait for you." The weight of his hand fell on the Professors back as he escorted him into the tent where Wonder Woman along with a few others were already getting to work. "You invited her, after all, my friend." He whispered into Stuarts ear as the fell under the shaded canopy of the tent.

Whatever false sense of confidence Stuart had built up quickly crumbled away the moment his eyes fell over the startling figure whose presence dominated the room. She was smiling brightly, talking to him, he was pretty sure of that but he was more concerned with why the palms of his hands suddenly felt so damn clammy. The Professor made straight for the table and set his nearly empty mug of coffee down next to the box of trinkets that had been left in Diana's care. Slowly he took a deep breath, settled his ass against the lip of the table and processed what she had just said to him.

"I took a look at your findings. With the exception of my bracelets, I dare say I've never seen anything like this. I don't think they're human-made."
T

It took him a moment to really, finally lock eyes with Diana. While his lips twisted to find words to respond with, Sally, who seemed to be the only one who wasn't phased by the Amazon's presence chirped up. "Like made by who then?"

When Maclendin looked over to Sally he immediately regained his composure and responded on the heels of his interns inquiry. "If that is the case it might stand to reason then that your own gods created these very relics." Stuart smiled towards Wonder Woman as he pressed his palms over the desk to wipe away the cold sweat that lingered on his hands.

vlcsnap-2018-01-20-14h16m36s926-35gjqfyqlh1159554wzn62.png

The loud slap of parting canvas sounded from the entrance as the flaps of the tent were flung open as a trio of men made their entrance. "Be careful what you say Professor Maclendin, the Greek Gods do not call Egypt their home." The familiar and sharp toned voice filled the tent with its own self worthy brand of authority. The heavy amd dee[ accent belonged to Aatif al-Yassin one of the primary detractors towards the authenticity of the discovery here. "Many across our nation would take great offense to a suggestion such as this should it leak out to the press." As the flaps of the tent settled back into place Aatif and his companions made their way towards the far side of the table. "Would you not agree Wonder Woman?" He attempted to maintain a polite and professional demeanor, despite the obvious disdain that the others in his company showed towards Diana.

"Truth can be offensive" Diana calmly replied, her voice about the coldest thing in that tent. Her eyes narrowed as she peered at the Arab. "Lucky for you and the proud Egyptian people, this is still a theory." She took a sip from her coffee. The tone that carried her words was not that of a threat, rather that of an analytical, objective, blunt truth devoid of emotions. "That, too, can be offensive, but only until we can refute that claim."

The Professor cleared his throat to break the strained silence that lingered briefly in the air. "Ahem, Diana, meet Aatif al-Yassin." Stuart finally moved away from the table as he gestured towards the three men. He pressed the palm of his dominant hand against the side of his trousers to wipe away whatever sweat remained before presenting it to Diana. "As you already know I'm Stuart Maclendin. Sally, my assistant you've met and the man I entered with is Dakari Madu." His eyes dropped to their hands as they joined, half expecting in the back of his mind to wince. But her grip was firm, and surprisingly gentle at the same time. She exchanged handshakes with the Professor with a friendly smile, as if they'd long been friends. Stuart calmy folded his hands together once the brief shake had concluded. "I can't thank you enough for accepting our invitation to join us here."

Diana sat the mug next to her on the table. "Its a pleasure to meet you, gentlemen!" Her voice was suddenly warmer. "I'm glad to be here and thankful for your invitation, Professor."

As Stuart turned away to gather up his mug and finish the last swig of his coffee his eyes passed over Diana's neck. He paused for a moment, opened up his mouth as if to speak, but then was quickly reminded of Aatif al-Yassins presence. He put the mug to his lips and decided to keep quiet on that topic and finished the last of his coffee instead. As far as he was aware the only two to lay eyes upon what was in that box were Diana and him. There was no need to stir up the hornets nest that was all but glowering from across the table towards them and the Amazon, in particular.

739_1000.gif

Diana's hands instinctively reached for the side of her neck to fondle the new collar snugly wrapped around her throat. Her eyes caught Stuart's and she noticed his hesitation upon recognizing the collar. Grateful that the scientist had opted not to raise the issue, she decided, to the best of her ability, to stop fondling the artifact that pulsed around her neck and demanded her attention.

With his coffee mug now empty, Stuart cradled it in his hands as he looked towards Wonder Woman. "If you would like I could show you down to the temple where we discovered all of this?" His gaze drifted towards the table full of strange metallic relics.​

From across the table there was a grumbled of discontent. To someone as rooted in tradition as Aatif and his friends were, Diana flew in the face of what a woman should be and more importantly, how she should be seen. He wasted no time making that fact known. "If you are to escort her to that most sacred of places I would ask that she show the proper respect and dress appropriately." His eyes looked upon Wonder Woman as if she was a lesser being before they fell away. A folded up robe of dull black knitted sheep's wool was passed forward to Aatif's waiting hands before the man himself approached Diana, extending the robe towards her. "It is customary amongst our people for a woman to cover herself when entering a holy site."

Wonder Woman stared into Aatif's eyes for seconds after he had finished speaking. The tent grew tighter with the silent stalemate, their eyes eroding each other with every passing second before Diana finally spoke, breaking the uncomfortable silence that seemed to haunt the place. "Well, we can't afford to anger the Gods." She cheerily responded before taking the robe from Aatif's hands and resting it on her left shoulder. "I'll be sure to cover myself when we step into holy ground. Was that all, Mr. Al-Yassin?"

"Indeed, Wonder Woman that is all." The Arabian smiled as if he had just won a battle before finally breaking away from the unblinking stare down with the iconic woman. Aatif turned away then and immediately retreated to join his cohorts on the far end of the table where they resumed their own private hushed conversation. Stuart beckoned for Diana to follow along as Sally made her way towards the exit of the tent and held the heavy flaps open for their departure. As Diana turned to leave her gaze seemed to be strangely drawn towards the cube that lay assembled upon the table. "Ah, that is something that my colleague, Dakari managed to assemble last night from the relics we had gathered. Strange isn't it?"

Wonder Woman reached down and gathered up the small metallic square in her hand and turned it about before her inquisitive eyes. "Perhaps we should bring it along?"
THROWBAOOOOTHROWBAOOOO

Last edited:
THROWBAOOOOTHROWBAOOOO
The mysterious artifact glimmered in Diana's hand as she inspected it. It emitted a faint purple glow that could barely be seen under the sunlight, but its warm hue reflecting off the palm of Diana's hand could be spotted well enough. Its heavier than it looks, she noted as her eyes studied the relic with the fascination of an archeologist and the curiosity of a historian. Her mind ran rampant with dozens of different theories that competed to explain the origin of this enigmatic cube and its functions. She dove into the piece's history, its surrounding lore, and its chain of previous owners. "The metal pieces are expertly forged" she said out loud in admiration of the craftsmanship. Whatever machinery or laser tools used to cut and mold those intricate pieces to fit tautly together couldn't be classified as ancient metallurgy, she decided that to be the one fact amidst a sea of speculations, and that Professor Stuart was correct in determining that the material used was unlike anything else on Earth.
GettyImages_615764070_preview-c-8cb9538.jpg

"It truly is astounding, isn't it?" The professor replied with a tone that matched her calm, scientific enthusiasm. "The small metal pieces could've easily been lost with the rest of the excavated relics, and if one tiny piece was missing, the entire assembly would've fallen apart. The structural integrity of that cube is fascinating." The grand pyramid covered the traveling party with its shade, a cool canopy shielding them from the blazing heat of the North African sun. No wonder the ancients who lived here had worshiped the sun. The entire desert was seething under its wrath. "The source material has astounding physical and chemical properties as well. For one, it is a metal. Well, almost. We know its shiny, malleable, and ductile. It also exhibits great electrical conduction, but, here's the catch, it does not conduct heat at all. Its a perfect heat insulator. No other metal known to mankind displays these physical properties." That's peculiar. Diana flipped the cube around in her hand idly, pondering on the scientific impact and possible atomic lattices that would lead to such conflicting mineral attributes. "Great Hera! That's very strange. Do we know the atomic structure and most probable electron shells distribution?"

The professor shook his head. From her question he knew that Diana was more than just muscles. The woman was a famous archeologist with a rich background in chemistry, mineralogy, and geology. "Not yet. We've sent a sample from the findings to the lab to analyze the atomic distribution of the metal. All the pieces we found were forged with the same odd material. Its sheer luck that none of the cube's components were picked to be included with the random sample." Diana nodded in agreement. Massive discoveries revolving around the pyramids occurred every decade almost, and its been the case that whenever new artifacts were unearthed, scientists found themselves asking more questions. It was to the point that mankind understood less and less about their Egyptian predecessors after each archeological excavation. The cube she carried was the new variable in the equation. It was a tool that had to be assembled in a specific way which indicated it had functionality; it served a purpose. Figuring out its purpose seemed to everyone like a promising endeavor because it would, it should, shed more light on the lives of ancient men and women from olden times.
975c13e06860f5010e872721d03338c6.png

The group traversed across a few dunes to reach the entrance of the grand pyramid. Diana could feel her feet sinking through the soft sands under the weight of her Amazonian armor. Sand particles filtered through her sandals, her steps growing laden every time they plunged into the searing sands of the desert. The journey lasted five minutes before the group found themselves in front of the pyramid's gate. The gate lead them to a corridor lit with spotlights carefully planted every ten feet along the walls and around the corners. Black, red and yellow wires, thick as boat ropes, ran parallel to the corridor's walls, tucked against the wall as to prevent people from tripping over them. Those wires ran all the way back to the camp and into the suffocated electric generators in the small, closed tents that Diana had warned about. We'll be in pitch black darkness if those generators die.

They walked through the corridor into a small room with piles of debris and sand. "This room was first found five years ago". Professor Stuart started explaining. "Most archeologists hypothesized that this room was used as a storage room for food on the account of its proximity to the main hall where banquets were thought to have been held by the pharaohs. However, we examined the clay and sand in the ceiling and walls and found no traces of hydroxide." He stepped past a pile of debris and reached for a yellow tarpaulin that was laid on the ground. "That means this room wasn't used to store alcohol. Which makes it an unlikely food storage room in general" Diana astutely caught Stuart's implication. She then watched as he pulled the fabric and revealed a large hole in the ground in the middle of the small room. "Exactly, miss Prince. And then, using sound wave technology, we found these stairs leading down to a basement level inside the pyramid!"
40b55bce4d64a5332302b002e11a0dfe.jpg

"Merciful Minerva!" Diana exclaimed in awe as the group descended to the lower level. The basement was spacious. The ceiling's weight was supported by a network of ornate pillars that laid out in a meticulously calculated array across the open space. Those same pillars were used by the research team to hold even more spotlights to illuminate the area and cast all sorts of shadows across the place. Diana and her companions walked across the web of light and shade towards the middle of the grand hall. "There is various rooms all opening on this hall. I hypothesize that the basement level was used to house slaves. A lot of the large rooms seem to have been used as bedrooms where dozens of slaves could've been kept. I think this large hall is where they all assembled each morning and received their instructions." Stuart explained as they walked from one door to the other. Diana glanced through each room they passed by. "They all look identical. Your theory makes sense, Professor" She nodded until they reached one room that looked different than all the others.
d8d7a9cb77e8d330bd6830288b6878a7.gif

"This room is much smaller" Diana pointed out. "We think this could've been where the slave-masters dwelt, but the stone pedestal in the middle of the room might indicate it was used an altar." The professor idly explained before he continued walking past the room, clearly intending to show Diana other rooms he deemed more important. "Let me show you where we found the artifacts" he idly offered.

"Great Hera!" Diana exclaimed. Everyone stepped in their tracks and went back to the altar room to find Diana standing in front of the pedestal. She'd placed the cube atop the plinth, and it was levitating above it. The cube remained suspended, hovering over the stone and slowly rotating around its axis like a planet. The familiar inauspicious purple light filled the room instantly, purple lines now adorned the floor and walls like veins. Hieroglyphics appeared on the walls, shining with the same purple light before fading and shining again, pulses of ancient knowledge appearing all around the archeologists. "What in the world.." Stuart gaped in awe. His eyes sparkled with purple sheen, and before he could finish his question, an image materialized in front of them out of thin air, behind the pedestal.​
THROWBAOOOOTHROWBAOOOO

THROWBAOOOOTHROWBAOOOO
The swirling beams of violet, indigo, and purple hues crisscrossed with one another as they sprayed out of the now hovering and rotating cube. Their merging lines coalesced into form, much like a wire model taking shape. Color flowed into the gaps, then texture, before final details came into focus. Professor Stuart felt as if he was paralyzed, his heart thudded in his chest. Such was the awe of the moment as he stared in disbelief upon the image of Anubis, the Egyptian God of the Dead that had materialized before his very wide and startled eyes. "Wonder Woman, what have you done?" Stuarts wide eyes snapped over towards where Diana stood as an intense blue filled the eyes of the jackal headed visage that had come into being.

Mw7hvsqAHUxEmMX6h7UTVahwiIgamURrGj5Hr8c4QDw.jpg

Sally was left to stutter, stumbling backwards until the back of her butt pressed up against the smooth onyx surface of glossy sphinx statue situated on one side of the room. That caused her to let out a breathless shriek. "I-is that..." She began to gasp out the question but before she could finish the thought the floating hologram spoke in a booming voice full of power and authority. In the heat of the moment neither the professor, nor Sally could make much sense of the ancient dialect that filled the room. Diana though heard each syllable and understood with perfect clarity what was being stated as the narrow collar so perfectly tight around her neck pulsed and throbbed.

"Trespassers." The holograms biting voice was followed by a brief grating sound that rose from the entrance and culminated with a resounding thud as the mass of a solid cube of stone fell from the ceiling to shake the room beneath their feet. Its impact echoed briefly through the chamber as the power cords to the lights were severed, leaving them no longer of use. Dust and sand stirred from ceiling, falling like fine flakes of snow. The disturbed specks caught hold of the violet rays that danced about the room, lending an eerie purple tint to the air around them.

"You dare to call upon the lord of the sacred land, he who is upon his mountain, the foremost of the westerners, and the guardian of the scales. Weep for your error for you stand before his final judgement now." There was a brief pause as motes of purple highlighted sand drifted towards the ancient stone floor.

The professor and his underling were still quite mesmerized by the spectacle as they stood rigidly still, attempting in vain to decipher the cryptic warning that only Diana could understand. "Your souls weigh heavy, Ma'at shall be restored. The cycle of your chaos shall be swept away with our return and our order shall once more take its rightful hold over this world." Once the hologram had spoken its final word its form began to disperse, bleeding back out into the swirling strings of dazzling lights that cast the now darkened room in an ominous purple haze.

"I wish I had that recorded, that was, that was unlike anything that I've ever..." It was Stuarts turn now to be cut off in mid sentence as the floating cube descended to rest upon the altar. The room fell into darkness then as the fascinating array of purple lights flickered and then vanished.

A shriek rose up out of the abyssal surrounds as Sally flung herself away from the glossy black statue she had been leaning against. "It-it moved! I felt it move!" She cried out as she spun to face the very real threat that was now animating to life. The sound of solid grinding stone in motion reverberated through the room as the statue moved from its pedestal while its identical twin upon the other side of the chamber stirred to life as well. Their eyes glowed with an artificial blue sheen as the weight of their solid black paws fell upon the floor in unison when they stepped down from their pedestals.

il_570xN.842751522_kcuw.jpg

They sprung to attack, the aura from their blazing blue eyes offering just the barest of glows to the darkened chamber they had been sealed within.

RightImmediateFirecrest-max-1mb.gif

In the cold and distant depths of space a signal found its way to the flagship encircled by an armada of other vessels. A ray of blue light rose up from a pedestal in the heart of that ships command center. The three dimensional image of planet Earth took shape and rotated about on its axis while it hovered in mid-air.

A small button of red pulsed upon the planets surface and the large end of a blue hued fingertip reached up to press against the holographic marker. Light sprung up from the dot, a triangle of lines formed a hovering panel that displayed an overhead view of the Great Pyramids of Egypt. They flashed away from sight as the view pulled inward to show the scene unfolding within the depths of the pyramids where the beacon itself had been activated. Diana, Professor Stuart, and his assistant all fell into the frame as the illusion of Anubis foretold their doom.

who-are-the-engineers-1495192072.jpg

Anubis leaned forward from the depths of his throne. His pale blue skinned face peered with calculated interest upon the image floating before him. Earth had long ago been settled, left in the care of those who bore the blood of the gods. But the faces he saw reflected in the air before his ebon eyes did not present themselves as anything but infidels.

A line of fury crossed his smooth brows when his stoic gaze fell upon the familiar shape of the collar wrapped about the neck of the raven haired woman amongst the trio. She bore the mark of a prized slave, yet her attire and demeanor hardly fell in line with the rest of his expectations. If one of such little worth stood with the uprising then surely the plans that had been laid long ago for that gem of a planet had not fallen into proper order.

"What sort of rebellion is this? Activate the guardians." His deep and commanding orotund voice dominated the chamber. "Open the worm hole at once, we can not afford to allow them the opportunity to assemble the other beacons or for this transgression to go unpunished." His mind processed the idea of being the first to arrive and the subsequent risk and reward that was interwoven with that decision. "We will be the vanguard and lay claim to the spoils long before the others are made aware."

It was a shame that the woman whose appealing form had caught his attention would soon be dead. What chance did a slave have against the guardians that had been set against them?
THROWBAOOOOTHROWBAOOOO

Last edited:

THROWBAOOOOTHROWBAOOOO
Diana's eyes twitched and she bit her lips inquisitively at the foreign language. Despite being blessed with the ability to comprehend every spoken and written language, human or divine, ancient or modern, Diana couldn't recognize the language spoken by the hologram - yet she still, somehow, perfectly understood everything that was said without having had any previous experience with the vernacular. Great Hera.. The collar around her neck juddered once more, the familiar pink light shining in slow pulses while the holographic image of Anubis issued threats of his impending wrath. Diana turned to face the professor, his face a subtle mixture of scientific curiosity and mortal fragility. What have I done? She hissed at herself.

The archeologist within her found the developments a fascinating discovery. For one it confirmed the existence of the Egyptian Gods, a theory that'd remained an abstract hypothesis for centuries. In addition to that, Diana's actions practically revealed an ancient language that had long been lost. However, as a guardian of earth and a member of the Justice League, Wonder Woman was feeling the weight of Anubis' menacing message. Did I condemn humanity with a war with Anubis? Her conscience buckled under the weight of her actions.

The atmosphere in the room instantly shifted as the sphinx statues were resurrected to life in the dark. "Careful!" Diana shouted at the blonde assistant. Her eyes gleamed with a yellow hue under the dark, the gift of Athena granting her the ability to see perfectly impervious to the darkness that'd consumed the room. She reached immediately for the lasso of truth that was tied in loops to the side of her belt. The whip unleashed a thunderous crack as it moved, its luminous glow vanquishing the engulfing gloom as it slithered towards the statue behind Sally. The lariat wrapped itself around the behemoth statue in a dozen knots, then with superhuman strength, Diana yanked the sphinx, causing it to trip to the side and collapse with earth-shattering impact. "Get behind me, everyone" Wonder Woman commanded with a voice that managed to be both stern and protective at the same time, like a commander ordering her troops to take cover.

4eqn.gif

With one sphinx staggered and the other on the far end of the chamber, the group utilized the opportunity and huddled behind Wonder Woman. A circle of light flickered twice on the far end of the room after Dakari procured a flashlight from his backpack. After a second, the flickering stopped and the African aimed the light at the sphinx closest to Diana. "I'll handle this!" she reassured them with a nod before she turned around and ran towards the stone henchmen. Mid dash, Diana unsheathed her sword and pulled the shield that was fastened around her back.

Leaping forward, she swung her sword diagonally at a statue's shoulder, stone splinters exploding at the aftermath of the slash. The other statue arrived to aid its ilk, aiming its attack on Diana's feet in a sweeping slice but Wonder Woman jumped up just in time, evading the attack as Dakari's light nervously veered from one target to another. She blocked a strike with her shield, the blunt boom echoing in the room, before she stabbed the statue's leg with her sword knocking it off balance. Sand gushed out of the gash as the statue collapsed in a puff of dust. Its peer, enraged, slapped Diana with its arm, sending her flying towards the pedestal in the middle of the room.

Wonder Woman recovered to one knee and wiped her bruised lips and within a second they healed instantly. Out of the strength of the impact, pieces of the ceiling started falling on the ground. "Miss Prince are you alright?!" Stuart shouted at the darkness unsure if Diana was still alive. "I'm okay, Professor." She stood up and whipped out her lasso. "You all should head outside. I'll meet you back in the camp once I take care of these goons". She cracked her whip again and sent it flying towards the statue that had just flung her across the room. The luminous lasso snapped around statue's neck, and with a firm jerk, the statue was floored next to its peer.

At that point the group started making their way out of the pyramid. "What the heck was that, Professor?" Sally asked, clutching her notepad nervously as she scurried behind Stuart and Dakari. Noticing that Stuart was too preoccupied to conjure up an answer for his assistant, Dakari stepped in to break the silence. "That was Anubis. Or at least, an image of Anubis. The Egyptian God of The Dead." The group climbed the stairs back into the smaller room, and from there they ducked into the long corridor which was now pitch black.

"What did it say?" Sally asked without expecting an answer to her inquiry. "I don't know. I don't think anyone knows. Hieroglyphics is a written, symbolic system of an ancient Egyptian language that had existed thousands of years ago. The symbols exist only because they'd been itched and carved into stone, but no vocal form of the language remains to this day. What we heard in that room hadn't been spoken in thousands of years." Stuart answered. The group emerged out of the pyramid at long last. Outside, the moonlight was there to illuminate their journey back to the camp without the need of Dakari's flickering flashlight. "I really hope she's okay". Resting a hand on Sally shoulder, Stuart reminded her that Diana was one of the strongest humans on Earth and she wasn't going to die to a pair of statues.

Diana threw her shield like a desk on the statue's head, then running towards it, she retrieved it and stabbed the stunned statue's shoulder causing it to cry out in pain. The other statue tried striking her but her shield blocked the blow before she slid forward with a slice at its neck, flooring it instantly. She proceeded to unleash a flurry of stabs at the sphinx's neck in a killing frenzy that rendered it dead and motionless on the ground. Its peer was reeling in pain on the ground clutching its shoulder. "I'll send you back to meet your God of Death" She spat at him, "And when you do" She climbed on top of it, her sword pointed down on its chest. "Tell him humanity will not bow down to anyone" she spoke the last words in ancient Egyptian, the collar glimmering in its purple light before Diana lowered her sword down the sphinx's chest, a monstrous roar accompanying its departing soul just as more debris fell from the ceiling.

"I need to get out of here"

d2478455a0911cb2-be-humble-how-to-be-a-real-life-wonder-woman.gif

THROWBAOOOOTHROWBAOOOO

Last edited:

THROWBAOOOOTHROWBAOOOO
Soft blue moonlight from a partially cloudy sky highlighted the trio of researchers as they made their exit. The hasted of their pace caught the passing curiosity of merely a few workers as the Professor, Dakari, and Sally fled from the pyramid. That changed once the rumble from deeper below sounded forth, announcing the tunnels collapse. When the dust blew out of the opening even more turned to look in shock upon the darkened entrance at the billowing cloud of dust that was forcefully expelled from the tunnel. A sigh of relief fled their collective lips as Wonder Woman emerged from the obscuring shadow of debris that reached after her like a specter intent on drawing her back into its sinister clutches. But her lean and toned legs churned forward, propelling Diana to safety by the graces of her god given speed. Empty handed, the cloud of ancient dust fell away, dispersed by a passing breeze into the cool air of the desert night.

The rising commotion surrounding the crumbled entry way was left behind as Diana swiftly caught up with the Professor and his startled associates. Like the cloud of dust Stuart found his wandering thoughts to be quickly scattered by the foreboding gravity of what Wonder Woman soon shared with them all. Caught off guard by the dire warning not one amongst the trio consider inquiring how she could possibly have understood a dialect that had no known recorded history. Trepidation rose to trouble their minds further as the potential severity of what had transpired within the newly discovered bowels of the Great Pyramid of Giza weighed upon their collective hearts. Stuart so wished he could of laughed it off and proclaimed the news as nothing but folly. To claim it as a prank of epic proportions. And he might of if the source of the news had come from anyone other than Diana of Themyscira. But the concern upon the soot smeared face of Wonder Woman told him otherwise.

They huddled together, conversing in secret while a scattering of concerned guards and perplexed workers investigated the rubble filled corridor Diana had left behind. Sally was a nervous wreck, strangling her notepad while she looked between the others like a deer caught in the headlights. Dakari's brilliant and exuberant personality was nowhere to be found as his eyes scanned the heavens above as if expecting them to rain fire. Stuarts was fixated with wide eyes upon the Amazon Princess as his mouth fumbled to find the words to express himself.

Finally he managed to speak with half hearted chuckle. "Certainly this must be some sort of ancient joke, a prank meant to frighten grave robbers perhaps?" He hypothesized against the all to visible concern etched upon Diana's face. "Bah." He nearly spat as he wrestled his phone out of his tan cotton trousers. "Damn it, if only you had waited I could of recorded the event." It was a curse that he hadn't intended to be so direct upon the iconic heroine standing before him and one that he immediately regretted voicing aloud. "I'm, I'm terribly sorry Wonder Woman, forgive me. I just wish we could of been better prepared. It's all lost now." He sighed forlornly as he drew his eyes away from Diana's to gaze upon the soft glow of his phones screen. "Excuse me a moment, I need to call the institute and break the bad news."

Professor Stuart turned his back on the small group, taking a few steps away for some privacy as he raised the phone up to his ear. "Carl, it's Stuart, yes I'm sorry to wake you at this hour." Stuart curled his arms about himself as the cold desert winds of the night swirled about him. "I've got bad news Carl, Wonder Woman activated something, we're not sure how serious it is but the dig sites been buried..." The Professor paused and took a long look at his phone before speaking into it again. "Carl? Can you hear me Carl?" He gave the phone a shake, tapped it with his knuckles a few times before twisting his lips in dismay. "That's strange, the call dropped." He muttered under his breath as he went to redial the number. His brows knit in confusion as he looked back over towards Sally while he held his phone loosely before himself. "Sally, can you try your phone, I can't seem to get any service."

"You probably forgot to pay your bill." Sally weakly offered in jest as she dutifully acquired her own phone. The young assistants brief attempt to lighten the mood with some humor fell as flat as her own expression as she looked in dismay upon her phone. "I don't have any signal either." The exchange snapped Dakari out of his trance and soon he had his own device out. "Nor do I." The rotund man bit down upon his lip as the winds started to gain momentum, sending a shower of stinging sand across the desert floor surrounding the Great Pyramids. Shielding his face with his hand, Dakari returned to gaze upon the heaves and blinked, less from the sand and more in surprise as the clear canvas of the night was clouded now, obscuring the motes of star lit gold from view.

"Sand storm!" He cried out amidst a chorus of other voices that echoed that warning throughout the encampment. High above, the clouds rolled like a tidal wave across the night sky, filtering away the pale light of the moon with their turbulent advance. They gave birth to an unearthly piercing howl that drowned out the sea of voices that were calling to take cover.

tumblr_nofaz2UOwf1rkem6ho10_r1_540.gif

Even in the dark of night they could see the fury of the storm as it swiftly engulfed the shelters surrounding the tri of historic pyramids. The Professor fell to his knees, curling up in a fetal position to cover his face from the biting sting of the sands that blistered through the air. Like a good student Sally followed suit as a nearby tent was ripped from the ground and thrown into the surrounding darkness like a tumbleweed. Dakari remained standing in defiance of the sudden surge of the storm. His knees buckled and bent, straining against the sheer power of the winds as he pointed one lone finger up into the maelstrom of violent clouds up above. He screamed something, but the winds screamed louder and snuffed out his voice. But words weren't needed when one simply had to follow the path that his finger directed their attention upon.

giphy.gif

A warm splash of angry clashing colors had appeared in the density of the clouds high above. They flashed in violet, bled out orange, and filtered crimson into the clouds that soaked them up like sponges. The epicenter of it all burned brightest and like a hot coal dropped upon a sheet of dry paper its intensity spread with a burning fervor that bullied the clouds away from the imposing dark shape that was wreathed in the flames of its quick descent through the atmosphere. Dakari turned to look upon Diana as the clouds scattered away from the titanic alien ship that speared through them. His mouth was opened, screaming words that the wind would have none of but even in the deafening roar she could read the words they formed.

"Allah forgive me! What have we done!" He cried out just before the force of a monstrous gale wind ripped across the ground. Sand rolled in with it, nearly burying Sally and the Professor beneath its weight. Dakari fared far worse as the strength of the storm grabbed the man and threw him from his feet like he was nothing but a doll. If it wasn't for Diana he surely would of perished as the quick acting heroine reached out and grabbed him by the wrist, holding him aloft, caught in a tug of war with the full extent of natures unbridled wrath.

She grit her teeth and pulled Dakari back towards her while the sands surged over her boots until they swallowed up her her knees. A loud booming clap from above rang across the dig site as the enormous belly of the alien craft leveled off from its descent. Dakari fell to his knees at Diana's feet as the surging winds died away and the clouds began to disperse. His eyes though looked up above, glued to the immense alien craft that now hovered over the Pyramids of Giza.

tumblr_pb7b21bkLO1wzvt9qo1_500.gif

THROWBAOOOOTHROWBAOOOO

Act II
Ib1Cs4z.png
THROWBAOOOOTHROWBAOOOO
Wonder Woman couldn't fathom the drastic events as they rapidly unfolded around her. Something had possessed her to place the riveting artifact onto the pedestal only for all hell to break loose as a direct result of her mindless action. I've opened Pandora's box.. Merciful Minerva.. The looming alien battleship filled the sky, its overwhelming shadow covering Giza like a dark mantle. An enormous cloud hovered atop the Great Pyramid like a dark turban on a solemn old man, each spark of lightning a colorful thread woven in the fabric. Diana stared at the scene intently; the man judged her for her reckless actions like a stern father. Thunderclaps carried his admonishing bellows to Diana while she bit on her lips nervously. The Gods are reprimanding me. She concluded as she watched the castigating Great Pyramid of Giza vanish into the darkness, swallowed by the dust, the vicious mocking of the Gods persisting within the murk.

"Go back to the camp" Diana hissed at the scientists behind her. "Evacuate the area immediately. I'll take care of this" mess I started. The sheer severity of the calamity had paralyzed the mortals behind her. They stood awestruck by the massive storm and the mammoth alien ship that peaked through the gloom. "Go now!" she yelled at them, completely uncharacteristic of her, and ushered them towards the camp. "Should we alert the authorities?" Sally asked the group as they dashed towards the camp. "They already know. People in Jordan can see this thing!" Professor Stuart explained. "I hope she can deal with whatever that was.." Dakari prayed. "It looked like a full-blown alien invasion!" Diana heard their distraught conversation fade in the distance.

Even so late in the night, the enormous ship was immediately visible against the veins of lightning encircling it. Diana watched it slowly float towards her, the dark cloud trailing it until they were centered in the sky directly above her. The belly of the beast opened releasing dozens of sarcophagi that rained down like comets with an odious purple trail. Diana watched the descending salvo with sparkling eyes, the large coffins plunging into the surrounding dunes with resounding thuds and tremors. Each one of them was the size of a school bus. Plumes of smoke rose from underneath each planted sarcophagus before the coffins were kicked open from the inside. They're transport pods! Diana quickly surmised. Each pod carried around a dozen fighters, and more than twenty of these pods were dropped in the bombardment.

The alien fighters were extremely tall to the point that the shortest of them towered Diana by at least two feet. They wore reinforced armor suits that made them look like mechanical robots, and if it wasn't for the lack of wiring, Diana would've assumed this war was against an army of android warriors. The invaders wielded all sorts of firearms. Those closest to her had shotguns and assault rifles, while those further in the back aimed at her with sniper laser sights. Some of them had grenades and daggers strapped around their waists. This was a well-armed well-disciplined army that seemed to possess centuries of experience in warfare and conquest.

Her shield blocked the first shots fired by the aliens; twenty high dins from the rifles shooting her shield and then a deeper clunk from the sniper rifle all rang in her head. Roaring, Wonder Woman raised her shield and sword and lunged at the enemy with inhuman speed. Zapping through their ranks, she slashed at their joins and throats like a deadly whirlwind. Those who died only fell to the ground after she was yards away, already slicing and hacking at a different foe. Their suits of armor made them impervious to most forms of damage, but their joins, particularly near their ankles, knees, and elbows, as well as their throats, were vulnerable to Diana's blade.

giphy.gif

She'd slain a score of opponents before a grenade exploded at her feet and sent her flying away to the side. Merciful Minerva! Her skin, armor and weaponry were immune to fire, but her boots and other garments were now damaged. Gunfire intensified, she could hear the aliens closing in on her and flanking her. The sniper's laser-sights scanned the dunes surrounding her waiting for her to peak her head. "Die, slave!" The looming soldier atop the dune was holding another grenade ready to chuck it at her. Diana quickly recovered to her feet and whipped out her lasso, then cracked it towards the alien's feet. The lasso wrapped itself around his feet in multiple knots causing it to stagger and fall from the dune backwards towards his squad. Diana retrieved and fastened the lasso around her waist before an explosion rang from the other side of the dune, smoke misting the air well enough for her to advance without threat of being gunned down.

Diana made her way through the desert circling around the pyramid, using sand dunes as cover. The sky above her was lit with the barrage coming from Anubis' ship. More pods were falling closer to the camp, and other sorts of space crafts were hovering and buzzing around at lightning speed. What have I done? Remorse filled her lungs with every breath, guilt making her feet sag deeper in the sands with every step. With all her strength and superpowers, Wonder Woman wished, out of contrition, for the ability to reverse time so she could undo her mistakes. No, my crimes.

Navigating her way through the dunes, the Amazonian found herself getting closer to the marksman. The alien was using his scope to scout all the surrounding dunes closer to the smoke in hopes of finding her, and had no idea his prey was prowling, hunting for him. When she was a few feet away from him Diana pounced on him and buried her sword into his shoulder-blades. She threw the corpse from the side of the dune and watched it tumble down before an ear-piercing bang erupted from a nearby hill, and another sniper squarely found Diana's chest.

She toppled over and tumbled down the dune akin to the corpse. Mercifu- She gasped and coughed repeatedly, blood gushing out of her wound and painting her armor red as Aphrodite's hair. Immense pain jolted through her body for a second then immediately subsided, like a single angry wave after a season of drought. The wound on her chest closed gradually in a matter of seconds, her skin mending and stitching as her breath and heart rate were placated to normal levels. There is hundreds of them. I need to head back to the camp.

Jn87wDw.gif

With her strength completely recovered, Wonder Woman lunged upwards and flew towards the sniper that'd shot her. Several laser sights appeared from various dunes and hills and other sniper nests around the area and all pointed at her. They struggled to keep her under their cross-hairs as she zigzagged in the sky, rising and sinking, turning and spinning, through the clouds and fumes, until she landed at the marksman's hill. Rolling on the ground she dodged his shot, and then with a swift slice she cut his armed hand from the elbow up. Immediately she seized him forcefully, hugged his body close and turned around, a handful of sniper shots landing on his chest and bouncing off the armor until one found his throat and finally rendered him dead.

Panting, Diana lunged again skywards and flew towards the camp. A sniper bullet grazed her thigh and she bit through the pain as the flesh welded together almost instantly. Her entire body was marred with her dried blood making her look like a living corpse. Parts of her attire were burnt, but the fire in her eyes burned more than anything else. Fueled by a sense of guilt and obligation to right her wrongs, Diana was determined to put an end to this invasion. She made her way towards the camp as high away in the sky as she could, away from the gunfire and alien space crafts. She later landed in the middle of the camp.

TkeQEnZ.gif

The alien army had wreaked havoc in the camp. The tents were ablaze, smoke and cinders turning Giza into Pandemonium. Corpses piled on the sides of the roads between the burning tents. "No.." a tear ran down her cheek. "I couldn't save them.. I should've hurried here.."​
THROWBAOOOOTHROWBAOOOO

THROWBAOOOOTHROWBAOOOO
latest

High above the sprawling dunes, within the heart of the colossus in the sky's command center, sat an increasingly vexed Anubis. His feelings of utter confidence were certainly supported during the initial moments of the invasion. As he fully expected the relatively primitive beings of this ball of rotating water and dirt posed no discernable threat against his technologically superior armada of war ships and soldiers. They were light years ahead of the unworthy populace of this planet and bringing them to their knees seemed a foregone conclusion. So he idly relaxed in the secure comfort of his regal throne, enveloped in the dark fabric of his royal robes.

From the perch of his great chair, flanked by his most loyal and obedient personal guards, he observed the holographic maps and images of the battlefield, not only beneath the belly of his grand ship but across the expanse of Earth. His lips curled with sadistic glee as he watched the modern day fighter jets of this world attempting to engage the far more maneuverable scarab class fighters of his own fleet. Not even their missiles could punch through the high density shielding that surrounded every ship in his armada. Already the resistance was attempting to scatter away from the confrontation, but few were fortunate enough to accomplish even a simple retreat. The dark skies above Giza were laced with flashes of brilliant purple beams that streaked across the air like lances of energy as one by one the vastly swifter scarabs sent jet after jet hurtling down from the heavens in a blazing flash of explosions and smoke.

But upon the ground the lofty ambitions of Anubis's ground forces encountered an unexpected and strangely perplexing development. Initially a sense of disbelief consumed the ancient ones pale blue features as he caught sight of the familiar face of the rebellious slave engaging with his soldiers. He blinked, as if she was a mirage, but her figure remained displayed before him and Anubis leaned forward upon his great throne. Amusement flickered over his face as Diana faced insurmountable odds. Certainly this woman had to know that she was fortunate to even be alive, yet here she was unflinching, unfaltering, and unyielding before the might of his forces. He nearly turned away, dismissing her, so sure was he that her fate was sealed before the flash of her movements regained the curios attention of his keen gaze.

tenor.gif

Anubis had seen women warriors before, conquered more then he could count, but never had he witnessed anyone that remotely approached the caliber of this woman of Earth. She moved like a blur, a whirling dervish of destruction that darted across the great sweeping dunes below, dispatching soldier after soldier as easily as the scarabs in the sky were dismantling the Egyptian Air Force. It was infuriating and just when it seemed she had been taken down by one well placed sniper shot the woman rose up from the sands with only the sheen of her own freshly drawn blood staining her chest and shoulder. Anubis leaned even further forward until the weight of his heavy brows were merely inches from the holographic display of Diana and he spat out the word. "Pause." The scene before him froze in time as the Egyptian God curled his powerful hands around the edges of his throne and stared towards the welt that remained upon this strange woman's chest. "Fascinating, who is this slave of a woman?" The words mused out of his mouth in a single breath as he reached his right hand forward and seemingly grasped the holographic image of her shoulder, pinching and pulling it towards him, zooming in on the remnants of her wound so that he could inspect it in crystal clear clarity.

A goddess, risen from the ranks of slaves? The thought passed though his mind as his hand pushed her image away, leaving the scene to fall back into the full view of the battlefield once again. "Resume." He spoke in a firm tone as the moment that was frozen in time before him flashed back to life. While Diana made her way through the air with a great leap towards the smoldering remains of the camp, Anubis shifted his gaze towards the pair of stout and silent soldiers at his side. "Gather a team, find this woman, this slave who dares to disgrace the mark of ownership upon her neck and bring her to me alive before she can do anymore damage." Anubis rose from the depths of his throne and although his voice was loud and boomed throughout the vaulted ceilings of the command room, it was far from an enraged scream. But his fist, none the less, punched down against the armrest of his chair, punctuating his command with a resounding thud that echoed his determination to not see this lone woman spoil his plans and make mockery of him.

tumblr_mrkt2q4SF61sw22r6o1_500.gif

Like a jackhammer, Sally could feel her heart thudding away in her chest. Her panic and despair had become so immense that she feared it might burst and kill her on the spot. The notion of that occurring was a strangely welcome feeling as Sally trembled from the carnage she had bore witness to. Those images would be etched in her mind forever.

Sand clung to her skin, stuck there by a glue like wash of blood that belonged to her once upon a time mentor. Tears streaked down her face, staining her cheeks in sorrow as she couldn't shake the mental imagery of how Professor Stuart had been gunned down right in front of her stunned eyes . She could remember, vividly recall how that streak of sizzling purple energy ripped open his neck, how it smelled as it burned his flesh closed in a fraction of section, and how he dropped to his knees before finally slumping over to bleed out upon the sands beneath him. Some sort of explosion followed, there was a blinding flash and she remembered seeing Dakari tossed through the air like a weightless tumble weed before everything went black around her.

By the time she woke her ears were ringing, thudding like drums that pounded against her brain, leaving her vision a blurred and distorted mess. When her eyesight returned, Sally could only wish she was blind as the body of her colleague, her trusted mentor, laid sprawled out in the sands lifeless by her side. How long hade she clutched him against herself, weeping for his lose? She couldn't be sure, but the reality of her situation sunk with all the subtlety of a dagger in the back. She needed to find some place to hide and in haste Sally scurried into one of the few tents that hadn't been completely obliterated.

She hunkered down in a tight ball, curled up against herself, shivering all over as if she was stranded in the arctic instead of the desert. Things had gone deathly quiet beyond the entrance of the tent where the canvas flaps were lazily tossed about by the passing breeze. She could smell the ash, the cinder, and the now all to familiar scent of burning flesh wafting its way into her place of hiding. We're things safe outside, had those strangely armored troops moved on, or were they waiting just outside, looking for any stragglers they may have missed? These questions burned away in Sally's busy mind. The thought of staying here was as equally terrifying as stepping foot outside. But she was sure she would be found here if she did nothing. She had to at least look so she built up the courage and dared herself to crawl to the edges of the entrance so she could steal a glance outside.

Her heart nearly skipped a beat when she saw that slender silhouette standing amidst the center of the camp. The form was shrouded in the shadow of the ship that loomed above and kept the light of the moon from offering definition to the figure. If it weren't for the dancing flames that cast a shifting tide of yellow and orange lit about the sacked encampment, Sally would of crawled right back into hiding. But as the light of the fire washed over Diana's face, the young woman felt her heart jump with joy and a renewed sense of hope. It didn't even dawn upon the youthful intern that a tear was streaking its way down the heroines face, or that her shoulder and breasts were washed with a sheen of her own blood. No, she foolishly burst forth from the tent and raised her arms, striding swiftly across the open center of the camp towards Wonder Woman.

"Wonder Woman!" She cried out, making sure to get Diana's attention as she sprinted towards the heroine as if she could undo everything that had happened by sheer force of will alone. She nearly got halfway to the Amazonian Princess, before there was a flash of purple heat as beam of pure energy struck Sally in the back and sliced right through her, killing the girl instantly. The source of that fatal blast stood on the precipice of a dune, flanked by a dozen more tall alien beings encased in regal armor that paid homage to the image of Anubis himself.

Inubis.jpg

They stood there in a loose circle surrounding the burning remains of the encampment with Diana pinned in the epicenter of them all. In unison their imposing armored forms lowered their spear like weapons, directing their blue glowing tips towards the form of Wonder Woman as one confidently took a single step forward. His voice carried out in that strange dialect that Diana had heard from the hologram of Anubis when this all had started in the midst of the temple, but it was echoed by a clearly mechanical translation that sounded like broken English. "On your knees, slave, or we will put you on them." The tips of their weapons hummed with a rising drone as they prepared to fire a sequence of binding rays of force upon her.​
THROWBAOOOOTHROWBAOOOO

THROWBAOOOOTHROWBAOOOO
Diana walked through the burning camp with nary a living soul in sight. She couldn't recognize any of the burning corpses as a sliver of hope carried her through the razed tents towards the center of the encampment. She could smell the ash lingering in the air, fused with the rotten smell of burning flesh and the acidic taste of smoke. Diana walked through the flaming ruins, fiery tents flapping fiercely in the wind sending sparkling cinders parallel to the winds. Traversing past a few blocks of fire, Wonder Woman arrived by the large command center tent erected in the middle of the station. The fire didn't make it this deep into the encampment yet. Past this point, the tents were unscathed by the fire and endured the destructive damage caused by the invading spaceships.

The Amazon heard and spotted movement in one of the tents far in the distance. Sally's face came into view as she emerged from the tent. Their eyes met and briefly lit up, before they dashed towards one another, and yet within moments, Diana was clutching Sally's still warm corpse. Anubis' henchmen surrounded her in an instant. In the center of the ring, she hugged the blonde and sensed her heart's final beat before her soul departed from her body.

"No.. NO!!" she roared as she held Sally's breathless body. I've failed her, she lamented, I've failed everyone. An army of regret and sorrow swarmed and haunted her heart. Sally didn't deserve death. Diana's eyes studied the blonde's features closely. The assistant's facial expressions revealed glimpses of the hope she carried upon meeting Wonder Woman's eyes. Diana thought back on her pleasant interactions with the woman. Sally was attentive, hard-working, and extremely nice. She went from a burst of bubbly energy to a motionless corpse; and this whole place was reduced from a pioneer research station with earth-shattering scientific breakthroughs and discoveries to an inferno of destruction and genocide. I caused this out of my own recklessness. She swallowed. I killed Sally.

The encroaching enemies enclosed her in a tight ring with their weapons held high and pointed directly at her. "I am no slave" she spat at them and pulled out her shield. "I.. am Wonder Woman!" The elite team opened fire at her. Their spears emitted a volley of purple orbs of energy that bombarded her shield like bullets. She felt the orbs pelting her shield in rapid succession through the fusillade. "I'll teach you to fear my name!" She announced as she advanced through the volley of projectiles that zipped and whirled around her.​

tumblr_oqh80qGKZy1ut1d6co2_540.gif
Several henchmen of the squad began closing in on her from every direction until she was completely surrounded. Ducking down, Diana unsheathed her sword and sliced at an advancing soldier's legs, downing him in an instant before she confirmed the kill with a stab at his throat, blue blood gushing out of his neck and spattering her gear. Another fighter attempted to strike her from behind with his spear but she spun to the side just in time to avoid his attack, and then using her shield she struck at his throat and took him out. Another round of beams commenced, and Diana's shield protected her once more from the continuous barrage. More and more tiny orbs exploded on her shield coating it with a strange purple substance that gradually made the shield heavier.

A taller figure emerged from behind the squad clad in an indigo-tinted battle gear. He raised his hands like a warlock then quickly spread them apart, and Diana's shield flew away from her fast as a bullet and slammed against one of the burning tents far away in the distance, before the tent collapsed on itself, swallowing the shield with it. Realizing she was vulnerable, the squad opened fire once more at Wonder Woman. Diana rolled to the side and, ducking down, she slammed her wrists together creating a powerful blast of energy that blinded the enemies circling her and sent them flying.​

giphy.gif
Dust had misted the air around the explosion, and as it was settling, the silhouette of a panting woman appeared. The soldiers around her were incapacitated. They laid on the ground debilitated by the blinding flash and deafening bang of the explosion. Limping out of sheer exhaustion, Wonder Woman moved from one paralyzed foe to another executing them slowly. "You will all pay" she found herself hissing at them. "You will pay for all your crimes!" She threw her entire weight behind a stab on an enemy's exposed chest, piercing his heart and making it pop and squirt blue blood. "Go back to your overlord, you scum!" Another stab, the aftermath a blue splatter tainting her garments. "Tell him Earth is under my protection!" she knelt down close to a downed alien and slowly sliced his neck from end to end. From under the decapitated head, blood spurted all over her, rivers of blue running down the once-crimson canvas.

Dripping alien blood, Diana heaved herself back on her feet using her sword. Merciful Minerva.. Why am I so fatigued? She looked around her and noted the massacre. The only remaining enemy was the leader of the unit who had disarmed her of her shield. He had witnessed the entire slaughter transpire in front of him. "You will regret defying a god!" he bellowed at her before he raised his weapon and fired a single bolt aimed directly at Diana's head.​

11b01801-b60d-40ec-b44e-3e5d90780b08.gif
Diana managed to parry the shot with her bracelets and retaliated by throwing her sword back at the assailant. With a reverberating whump, the blade broke through the invader's skull and planted itself squarely in the middle. Diana could hear the sword vibrating furiously inside the head before it settled as the corpse fell on the ground. Panting, Diana hobbled towards the last slain enemy and retrieved her sword. She turned around and surveyed the burning research station. The fire reached the other end. Great Hera, it looks like a massive pyre. Dozens must have died burning or suffocating to death in the fires.

Far away from the encampment, Anubis' fleet was bombarding an Egyptian battalion. The African artillery couldn't cause a dent on a single space vessel, while the sheer destruction caused by Anubis' armada was insurmountable. Giza had turned to bedlam, mayhem and uproar spreading faster than the flames that had covered the sky behind a veil of smoke. Diana heard cries of pain and agony as more people died in the distance defending their motherland, Earth, from an invasion brought to them by her negligence. I need to stop this.

A mysterious hum interjected Diana's reprimanding conscience: a hum coming from under her chin! Her collar pulsed intermittent purple flashes, each emitting the same mysterious judder, before the flashing became a perpetual purple glow with a continuous noise that rang her ears through. Grabbing her head, Diana quickly sunk to her knees and wrestled the echoing dins inside her brain. A single spacecraft descended through the dark smoke and landed five yards directly in front of her. Its hatch opened, and through the smoke, a dark figure emerged in front of Diana's sparkling eyes.​
THROWBAOOOOTHROWBAOOOO

Last edited:

THROWBAOOOOTHROWBAOOOO

353396e1fad1968e9962cf51d9dfde07.jpg

Royal and rich robes departed from Anubis's body, drawn away from the gods form by dutiful servants who attended to his every need within the confines of his personal chambers. Pieces of battle armor rose up in their hands to be secured to their lords frame as he stood in the center of them with his arms extended and legs parted. The shift in garb was a process that took time, and although Anubis wielded the ability to will the armor into place upon himself he found appreciation in the ceremonial ritual of being prepared to face a worthy foe. The woman before him, this unknown slave displayed upon the hovering screen was certainly proving herself to be just that.

He watched, his features clad with an undiscernible curiosity as the strike force he had unleashed maneuvered into position around this troublesome rebel. With every gold trimmed piece of his smooth and opaque jet black armor that snapped into place it was becoming increasingly evident to Anubis that his presence would be personally required to tend to this insistent and unsettling development. By the time Diana had retrieved her sword from the final foe to have fallen by her hand, the royal transport pod that carried Anubis had jettisoned from the belly of the enormous ship that engulfed the sky above.

intro-1497194407.jpg

The sarcophagus shaped vessel fell with a whistled scream towards the Earth where it pierced into the sands before the kneeling heroines feet. "You feel it, don't you woman?" His voice emerged from the mist that expelled forth from the shuttle upon his departure. The purple aura and mind rattling howl from the sleek collar around Diana's neck intensified as the form of Anubis broke through the obscuring cloud of fumes that rolled out of the shuttles opening. His eyes scanned over her while the screaming cacophony of sounds that only she could process penetrated deep into her mind to rattle her brain and leave her paralyzed in agony.
"You feel it all fading away. Your hope for victory."

Anubis followed the sound of his voice, appearing like a wraith that solidified before Diana's cerulean eyes as the steam dispersed around him. He was tall and full of broad shouldered might, an asset that was only amplified by the kneeling posture of the exhausted, yet defiant woman before him. "This is the moment of your defeat, where your pathetic efforts fall short." His right hand reached out towards Diana and even though he was far from making physical contact with the heroine, a pressure rose around her neck as if those clenching fingers were sinking in about her throat.

grasping-hand-copy.jpg

"I do not know who you are, or how you have managed to rid yourself of the adornments of your station, but you have made one fatal flaw." Although calm, his voice resonated with power as the titanic blue hued god lifted his hand upwards into the air. The simple gesture suddenly had Diana rising away from the sands that her knees had sunk into, pulled upwards by the pulsating purple collar that was wickedly tight about her slender neck. "You failed to remove the collar from your neck, slave." The last few words hissed out from his thinned lips, the only audible sign of the Egyptian Gods displeasure.

Diana rose into the air, leaving the tips of her metallic red boots hovering several feet from the ground to kick in vain at the air for purchase with the sands below. Anubis directed his eyes elsewhere while Wonder Woman gasped for breath, her hands clutching in desperation at the collar that was lifting her upwards by her neck. His blue glowing gaze swept across the remnants of the encampment while he effortlessly held Wonder Woman aloft, leaving the collar to press into her throat as if it was a noose. "But I sense them, nearby..." With uncanny accuracy the battle adorned behemoth of a god turned his gaze directly upon the remnants of Diana's tent. His left arm extended in the direction of its distant, smoldering remains. "...you should, you will come to find it an honor to be reunited with them once more."

With a snap of his fingers, Anubis closed his hand as if taking hold of some unseen object. His arm washed through the air, directing his clenched fist towards the form of the woman suspended in the air before him. From the depths of Diana's burning tent small streaks of silver came thrusting through the wafting smoke towards her. The shackles opened like the jaws of a shark as one by one they laid claim to her wrists, her ankles, biting down to close around them in quick succession. Four sharp motions followed as Anubis cut a crisscrossing path through the empty space between the two of them with his fist. The newly acquired pieces of Diana's attire glowed in that all to familiar purple hue, humming along with the mind numbing shriek that constantly radiated out from her collar before they tugged and yanked on her limbs. She was pulled out taut, Wonder Woman's arms and legs yanked to their very limits as she was spread as if strapped to some invisible rack.

Finally, with Wonder Woman secured in midair before him, Anubis stepped forward. With that single step a pair of angular transports fell from the sky. A puff of sand heralded their arrival as the hatches opened and a team of immaculately smooth chrome casted robots swept forth across the remains of the camp. They moved about, gliding across the shifting flame cast light of the sand swept lands, collecting the fallen soldiers that Diana had laid low. "Your efforts today, while a setback, are ultimately futile, woman." Anubis turned his head to peer back over his shoulder into the traced outline of faint neon lines that framed the abyssal interior of his personal craft. "But there will be no more trouble from the likes of you." His words were punctuated with a subtle shake of his head that was akin to a parent silently scolding a child as his gaze fell back upon Diana.

"Whatever flames of rebellion and independence burn within your soul, I will see them doused until they are but a figment of your imagination." Anubis moved his left hand towards the beckoning darkness within his ship and with a clutching grasp he drew that arm lazily back to point in Diana's direction. Out of the shadows it came, floating above the sands, a gloss black sarcophagus, sporting the jackal headed features of the very entity standing before Wonder Woman. Like a portal it opened up silently before her, splitting itself down the middle. Two identical panels that revealed smooth ebony metal upon the interior yawned their way wide open as it came to hover before the outstretched heroines helplessly suspended body. "Now, it is over for you." The words issued forth from the raven shaped helm that stared back into Diana's widened eyes and with a simple tilt of his head the maddening surge of sound that was assaulting her mind fell into silence.

Wonder Woman slumped as much as she could while her brain echoed with the jaw dropping remnants of that sonic torture. From the shallow depths of her awaiting tomb, ribbons of shimmering material snaked their way out of hiding and reached towards her body. With a gesture from Anubis's hand, Diana's arms were pulled down from above her head to slap against the side of her body. Her legs complimented the motions of her arms, pulling inward until her thighs pressed upon themselves leaving her rigid, like a pole. "Let me go!" Diana bellowed as her fists clenched at her sides. "You will not have this plan-mmph!" Her last cry of defiance was silenced as layer upon layer of animated thin sheets curled around the Amazon's form. Lips were smothered, her legs and arms covered until not even a hint of flesh could be seen. Within moments Diana was mummified with only a narrow sliver to reveal her saucer wide blue eyes and a hint of an opening beneath her nose to breath through. One final gesture from the hand of Anubis and Diana's body first rotated before being drawn backwards, shoulders first into the waiting confines of the ominous sarcophagus.

aliens.gif

The panels closed like vault doors once her mummified body had settled into its claustrophobic confines. Locked in silence Diana was only afforded the meagerest of views through a narrow pane of clear glass through which to observe her departure. The sands fell away while flashes of explosions littered the war swept night skies high above. Absolute darkness soon came next as her floating prison returned to the shelter of Anubis's transport. She barely felt the reverberations of its launch when it pulled free from the sands to streak through the sky on its short journey back to the waiting galactic behemoths belly.

"Secure her in the cell across from the other." The deep and orotund voice was directed towards a trio of tall, lean, and muscular guards that stood out amongst the crowd that had gathered to greet Anubis upon his return. "Leave her shackled and chained until I come for her. If she gives you any trouble you have my permission to beat her into submission." With a callous turn of his shoulders, Anubis stepped away from the sleek sarcophagus shaped tomb that housed Diana and made his way towards one of his officers who waited in the wings of the crowd.
THROWBAOOOOTHROWBAOOOO

Act III
PLiw1sE.png

THROWBAOOOOTHROWBAOOOO
The statue of Aphrodite loomed high above them. Hippolyta looked younger than Diana remembered her; eyes as blue as the ocean, thick curly hair, and full lips on a slender face with the gentlest of maternal wrinkles. She was angry. At me. "How could you, Diana?" Her mother admonished her. "How could you forsake your oath?" The older Amazon was crying as she uttered her words of disappointment. Diana found no courage to reply. Her lips quivered and she looked down. Words in her head floated and formed a thousand excuses, but her sealed lips denied them freedom. "Do you take Aphrodite lightly?!"
1iQUmyw.png

The question stung her. Diana began sobbing along her mother's blames. "I-I would never!" she finally managed to reply.

"You don't deserve those bracelets!" Hippolyta hissed at her before seizing her hand and pulling the bracelets off her.

"I do!" Diana cried out, tears running down her face.

"You let a man lay claim to you. You surrendered your honor and dignity when you let him weld his chains on them. You're worthless! You're no daughter of mine!" Hippolyta screamed at her.

"You shall be banished, Diana." Zeus appeared from behind her.

"Father.. No.. please.."

"I'm no father to you. You will relinquish your powers. The gods will exile you from their domain, and you'll be banished to a mortal's body as you deserve!"

Diana succumbed to her knees pleading for mercy. "Please.. I will rectify my mistakes. Give me another chance.. Please.."

A bolt of lightning struck the earth beneath her, and Diana fell in a bottomless pit to her doom.​

It felt as if a century had passed before Diana arose from her weakening, restless slumber. Her eyes fluttered open, groggily, and the harsh glare in the room immediately blinded her. She shook her head to waves of unrelenting headache that rocked her head from both sides. Merciful Minerva.. She was trussed, suspended in the middle of the room, and utterly naked from head to toe except for the black collar, anklets and bracelets around her neck, ankles and wrists. Slave garments, she had quickly come to learn. What had possessed me to shackle myself with these? Wonder Woman berated herself and her decisions. Her negligence and irresponsible actions have proved costly. With one she had brought downfall upon humanity, and with the other she had condemned herself to slavery.

Chains and shackles bound her ankles together and each of her wrists to the ceiling. Arms sprawled like a crucified saint, Diana hovered in her cage marred with red and blue blood across her exposed chest and thighs. Every limb in her body ached with throbbing, unfamiliar pain. She tried looking sideways to survey her surroundings, merely gently rolling her eyes across a field of haze, and the waves of pain came crushing down on her. The slightest movement of her wrists caused the shackles to gnaw back, quelling her resistance into submission. I will break free, The Amazon rallied her spirits. I will avenge everyone. I will defeat Anubis. She vowed. Gradually, her will amplified by hatred and a yearn for vengeance. She tugged on the reins of her resolve and promptly felt some strength rekindling within her.​

vqFA2NF.png

"Aaaah!" She roared, rage possessing her to jump and kick the air in vain. The metallic shackles snapped back as she stirred, making her cry out in pain. How am I so weak? The thought evoked a running tear down her cheek as she panted, and then the revelation struck her; I'm mortal. Diana deeply inhaled and felt the sour truth in every iota of her being. Human weakness coursed through her veins, and each breath she drew tasted like a despicable necessity. For a second Diana stopped moving and her panting subsided. She focused all her mental prowess in the humbling silence and heard nothing. Nothing. Not an ant's footfall nor a distant plink of a water droplet could be heard. Pure, unadulterated silence shamed her for her ineptitude. She tried levitating to ease the pain around her wrists. Filling her chest with air and heaving her stomach, closing her eyes and clenching her fists, all of her attempts to harness her powers were fruitless.

Diana started panicking. Depraved of her divine abilities, she was vulnerable and powerless in the face of peril. The slave set, she hypothesized, its what making me weak. She tried once more to break free of her chains and was reminded of her weakness. The rattling blared louder with her attempts, as if the chains were mocking her feebleness. The noises resonated louder across the room and echoed back, returning with a small-framed alien wearing a brown robe. The servant was carrying a bucket filled with a mysterious golden liquid. It had the color and glow of honey yet the purity and consistency of water. "Where am I?" She asked the retainer but received no answer. Several other aliens appeared from the edges of her vision with brushes, towels, sponge-like materials and similar buckets. "What are you doing?!"

An army of cleaners surrounded her from every side without uttering a word. One of them, on her right, dipped a sponge in his bucket then brought it to her knee and started scrubbing. Diana could feel the warm liquid damping her thighs and legs, bubbles forming wherever he brushed. More servants around her began cleaning her from the blood and filth that had covered her naked body. Their hands, towels, and sponges brushed every inch of her body clean of the blue and red that had tainted it. Several of them brought stools that they stood over to reach her shoulder, neck and face. Soon her face was wet with the golden fluid and its intoxicating, chocolate-like scent filled her lungs. Diana couldn't open her eyes with her face coated with the foreign substance. She jerked and kicked to try to wriggle free of their invading hands, and ended up kicking one of the minions in his face, sending him staggering down.

wE5sMgu.png

Still blind, she heard the servants shuffling around her and then later felt a leather strap tightening around her knees, binding them together. "Stop it! Let me free!" she bellowed at them, "I will ki-mwff". They muffled her with a piece of cloth tied around her head. A servant wiped his towel around, under and between her breasts and her eyes widened in shock. They're molesting me.. Another one spread her buttocks and scrubbed her clean as she arched her back away from him instinctively, only to push her breasts into the other servant's hands. The scrubbing and wiping continued amidst the noises of thrashing liquid in buckets and droplets from squeezed towels landing back in buckets. Her hair was moist with the liquid that made it tangle and knot around itself. The more they cleaned her, the thicker the layer on her grow. They wiped her face clear with a piece of cloth and she could open her eyes again.

They left her a pristine body that smelled like Eden and dripped tears of honey like a weeping angel. All her efforts to escape were to no avail. Despair, a foe only to mortals, plagued her heart. Her hopes dwindled to nothing even as her migraines started to clear. Diana's vision became clearer after the bath, but the more she looked, the less options she saw. She was trapped and stripped of both power and dignity, and if she had any chance of freedom, it certainly lied with someone else rescuing her. A single tear ran down her cheek as she realized the extent of her irredeemable failure.

Hours and hours of dripping passed until Diana was dry. Her stomach growled and her arms numbed. They had taken off some of the straps around her thighs but even with the fewer restraints, Diana found no strength nor will to resist. Her body started swaying wherever the air blew in the cage like a hanged corpse. The liquid gave her skin a lively sheen and her hair an illustrious glow. She felt smooth and smelled nice, but beneath that facade she was a broken spirit in a crippled body, malleable even to the lightest of gales.​
THROWBAOOOOTHROWBAOOOO

THROWBAOOOOTHROWBAOOOO

Inubis.jpg

"She, she struck him my lord. Please I beg of you, show her her place. She must be punished."

It was the humblest of pleas that came from the robed servant who kneeled before the one simply known as the Keeper. The duty of maintaining order and enforcing discipline amongst the stock of slaves fell squarely upon his broad and strong shoulders. The honor of his office and privileges that came with it were bestowed upon him ages ago by Anubis himself. And as the eons passed, the Keeper grew to be quite fond of the sadistic freedom he had been granted and more than capable of his appointed task.

While most looked with hungry, lustful eyes upon many of the servants and slaves that were aboard the great ship of Anubis, the Keeper found little pleasure in those pursuits. What he did take great pleasure in though was conjuring up new and unique methods to break a slave of their most troublesome habits. Watching a slave suffer, beg, and plead at his feet was and had always been the most thrilling of feelings. He especially enjoyed the ones who were strong willed, the sort that believed they could withstand anything and never be broken. Oh, he did quite enjoy showing them just how wrong they were, because patience and pressure could break all things in time.

The blue glow of his eyes gazed down upon the humble slave who had sprawled herself out before him, her lips kissing the floor at his feet as she dared not lift her head to gaze upon him. "She will be punished, as you shall, for it is not your place to tell me who needs to be put to torture." With a dismissive wave of his hand the woman was scooped up off the floor and dragged away, without a hint of complaint to come from her lips.

440e56dd523a921c0d5e3f8abcd5bc7a--slave-girl-submissive.jpg

In typical fashion, the Keeper left Diana to stew alone in the isolation of her cell long before he finally decided to introduce himself. Mental anguish was a tool that he had learned to appreciate ages ago. Countless times he had observed the wills of even the most stubborn of subjects would wither when left unattended. The mind of a person in captivity had a knack to wander into the darkest of places. Thoughts to dreadful to normally arise were all to commonly summoned to the forefront of their plagued minds. He was sure that this woman, this Woman of Wonder, would be no different than anyone else he had ever broken in.

Besides, during the hours that Diana was left alone in her cell, chained and shackled, bereft of her powers, the Keeper had time to glean information of this marvel of a woman. Diana was not the only one who had been taken into custody as a prisoner of war this day. Several doors down there was a man with a loathsome heart who wielded a perpetual axe to grind with the mighty heroine. Aatif al-Yassin had lips that were eager to spill whatever they could in order to make his pathetic hide appear to have some modicum of value to this new masters. It did not matter if it was fact, or fiction that he provided to the Keeper. Whatever urban legends existed about Diana of the Amazons that the deplorable man had ever heard was regurgitated, much to the Keepers personal amusement. So by the time he arrived in that lonely cell where the dim lights cast a soft halo over the limp form of the woman in chains, he was far more aware of who she was, than she was of him. And he did not come alone.

tumblr_mimsi0epjs1rj9sw5o1_r1_500.gifv

The light spilled into the room the moment the door swung open to reveal the form of Wonder Woman slumped over in her chains, as if she was barely awake. She was though, the monitoring system embedded in her collar kept tabs on many of the woman's vital signs which kept the Keeper quite aware of the conditions of the stock of slaves that was under his care. The light from the hall was like a blinding flood of pure white that glazed over her flesh and left her eyes blinded by the sudden shift in intensity. She could barely see the vague forms that descended upon her from that opened doorway. By the time her eyes were just starting to adjust her shackles had been removed, the straps around her legs taken away, freeing her from her restraints.

How soon those restraints were replaced with the grasping hands of her captors. Aliens, that while smaller in stature than that of the Keeper thrust themselves upon her limbs, yanking her arms out to her side before twisting them with a snap behind her back. A hand smothered across her face, blanketing her lips with the warm and salty flesh of one of the guards palms that kept her outbursts and whimpers muffled from coherence. Diana was left to stand there on legs that felt like jello as the presence of the warden emerged from the blazing light within the door that so deeply contrasted the abysmal pit of her cell. Her freshly washed and pleasantly scented hair was tugged back, forcing her eyes towards the ceiling as the Keeper came to stand before what was left of Wonder Woman.

R12aba75d9c94cc2d09dfb3d44c81b485

His voice was low, a rumble and scratchy sound that would of been foreign to Diana's ears if it had not been for the technology of that collar so tightly laced around her neck. "You have lessons to learn, woman. Lessons that you will come to understand, one way or the other, before I am done with you." While Diana struggled in vain against the hands that laid claim to her, the Keeper droned on while he reached forward, his hands clasping a hood of black material fitted with straps and buckles that he patiently began to slide over her head. "Until you learn your place, you will be silenced and deprived of your precious sight." Before she was thrust once more back into darkness Diana could feel the strange straps being tightened around her head, smearing her face under the weight of an inescapable canvas. "All you will be left to do, is nod, nod and obey." A fraction of a pause filled the air, leaving only the sound of her breathing and that of the last strap being secured into place to reach her ears. "Or you will be punished until you learn better."

"Until then, your body is the property of Anubis, and in order to protect the sanctity of your flesh you will be adorned in the proper attire." Even though Wonder Woman could not see, she could feel the room spin about her body was twisted and turned about to suit the whims of the guards that stood beside her. The metallic clink of chains danced in her ears, the soft hollow clang of metal upon metal was followed by the sensation of cold alien steel being laid against her cleansed flesh. "Never again shall you lay your filthy hands upon anyone, slave or otherwise. For you are the lowest of the low. A simple prison of war, a slave to fulfill whatever her lord and master, Anubis desires."

Even blinded as she was, their purpose was quite clear. It was rather impossible to miss the feeling of them covering the most intimate portions of her body. Or how the chains fell across her skin, connecting her ensemble together in such a manner that her movements were soon restricted to the meagerest of amounts. Which was more than enough for the Keeper to take her by the freshly minted leash that clung to her collar, and force Diana to crawl on her hands and knees as he paraded her through the hallways of the prison where the slaves dwelt.

And if she faltered, if she stumbled, the dense impact of a crop would surely snap her back into shape after it left a red welt across the curves of her bared ass.

5877979a74dad.jpg
THROWBAOOOOTHROWBAOOOO

Last edited:
THROWBAOOOOTHROWBAOOOO
The last thing Diana saw was the image of the Keeper. His eyes gave off the most odious blue glow reminiscent of the villains of olden times. He had a ruthless air around him, his heavy alloyed-armor making his steps audible with the clinks and clanks of metal slamming against ceramic floor. However, despite the Keeper's stoic and unshaken demeanor, Diana had no doubt that if she still had her powers she would easily defeat him. The Keeper seemed like an elite henchman to Diana with how the servants revered him but he lacked Circe's wile, Ares' strength, and Cheetah's relentlessness. The pride of a villainous overlord was absent in the way the dutiful Keeper conducted himself. Release me from this wretched collar and I will vanquish you, you cur.

Caliginosity devoured her. As the leather canvas wrapped and tightened around her skull, Diana found herself plunging into the abyss. The voices of the surrounding servants dwindled to muffled noises. She felt her warm exhalation land on the leather pulling it to cling to her face. The binding mask trapped her in an airless embrace, with nothing other than the sounds of her own breaths filling the void. The world grew hot and damp as her perspiration intensified, the moisture forming a film of dew on the canvas, making it glue to her face even tauter. The more Diana inhaled the more the mask clung to her, and the tighter it clenched around her, the more difficult it became for her to breathe. "Merciful Minerva!" she cried out as the ring of servants encircled her and snapped chains to her wrists and ankles. She could barely hear the clatter of metal around her as the joints were fastened and locks were clasped, and when they were done, she could sense the rattling around her whenever she attempted to move a foot or raise a hand.

Iron scarcely covered womanhood and bosoms, and then a leash was snapped on her collar.. like a pet. Why have the Gods forsaken me so? She thought bitterly, her parents' words from her vision haunting her and lingering inside her head. "How could you forsake your oath?"

XsnTwCA.jpg

Even blind, Diana could sense the man holding the leash was none other than the keeper. Somehow, her ensemble made her know she was under his authority. It was as if they were all connected, Diana on all fours, the keeper wielding her leash, and Anubis himself. It was through Anubis, the Egyptian God of Death, that the keeper enacted his control and authority over Diana, and it was through Anubis as well that Diana felt the keeper's domineering presence. The keeper gave the leash a strong yank and Diana could only crawl in the direction. Only the most restricted movements were possible with her outfit, sparse crawls to the rhythm of the metallic clinks emanating from the chains and links.

The ground was smooth and cold to her touch in a way that made her knees feel weak, pliable, and eventually sore. The keeper led her to an even colder area of the ship, and her body started shaking. They truly have forsaken me, the doleful thought made her shed a tear. It'd been eons since the last time Diana was so frail as to quiver from mere cold. After centuries of invulnerability to extreme heat and cold, Diana found herself tremulous and frail and utterly pathetic all due to one collar closed around her neck. I am weak. The realization sank deeper with every step she took crawling across the cold tiles. Her nipples hardened as she sobbed, gasping and sniffling over her downfall.

Eventually Diana was led through a narrow corridor with cells on each side where other hostages and slaves were detained. They came from multitudes of different planets, and had starkly contrasting figures and shapes. Some of them were covered in green and gray scales while others had wings and could fly around in their cages. In one of the cells, three identical blue-colored females were kept hostage, while in another a giantess was roaring for her freedom. All the various slaves wore collars similar to Diana's, and although she couldn't see any of them, she faintly heard their angry bellows as they shook and bashed the bars of their cages.

Diana couldn't comprehend their words but she perceived their rage instantly. I once understood every language.. Great Hera.. They spat and cursed at her, flinging all sorts of objects at her as she crawled by their feet. "Leave me alone!" she exclaimed inside her mask, her screeching emerging from the leather as a a muffled cry that only served to deafen her own ears. A slave on one of the cells kicked her side, a twinge erupting in the left half of her rib cage. She stopped crawling and twisted in pain, then swung her arm to the side to strike back only for the iron bars of the cage to absorb her blow and cause her forearm to swell with pain.

XHEBHIRSECMXRX3J5RYLSGTCIE.jpg

Without warning, the keeper's crop descended on her with a seething slam that made her squirm out of agonizing pain. "They kicked me first!" She cried out a suppressed protest, but her words fell on deaf ears. Biting her lips through the pain, Diana adjusted herself, placing her elbows back on the cold floor. Sharp pain whipped her swollen elbow as soon as she placed her entire weight on it, causing it to slip and her to collapse on the ground panting. "Plea-" her plea was answered with another lick of the Keeper's flogger, its imprint branding her bare buttocks with the red mark of insubordination.

il_570xN.1509283181_ljcj.jpg

The Keeper wrenched the chain forward and Diana's neck almost snapped. Using her knees to support her weight, she heaved herself and slithered behind. Other slaves continued to spit and hurl objects on her. Blunt and metallic objects alike colliding with her back and legs, before a ceramic bowl landed perfectly on her butt cheeks like a hat and the crowd erupted in unified laughter. "Why am being made I lesser than them?" She bawled, and the Keeper replied with another flog that silenced her will to argue and toppled the bowl over, causing it to shatter on the ground. With another pull, the keeper shepherded her out of the corridor. Diana heard her peers' sickening laughs fade in the background as the two entered a more open space. Then they stopped, and Diana, still on all fours by the keeper's feet, sensed a slight tremor as a massive gate slid to the side, granting them entrance into a chamber.​
THROWBAOOOOTHROWBAOOOO

THROWBAOOOOTHROWBAOOOO
The Keeper led Diana into the center of the room where the sole of his boot came down upon her back with enough force to pancake her belly into the ground. He let his weight to rest there, shifting his boot about to grind across her back and purge the air from her lungs. "This is your home now, until I or Lord Anubis declare otherwise." The boot came down harder as the Keeper stepped over Diana like she was nothing more than a welcoming mat. As the last traces of his mass shifted off of Wonder Woman's back, her tormentor stepped forward and swirled about to face and look down upon her. "Remove her, attire. I want this woman, bared nude. Leave the hood for last, though." The mask of blazing blue eyes leaned ever so slightly to the side as it stared down upon the back of the ebony mask that smothered Diana's face.

From the doorway an arrangement of five guards approached, long lengths of staves molded from steel held in their firm hands. The butt ends of them echoed against the hard tiles of the floor beneath them, signaling their approach to the blinded heroine. A pair of those polished metal weapons came ot be settled upon the floor along side the chrome shackled and modestly covered woman as the two guards who wielded them knelt down beside Diana of Themyscira. "Your life as you knew it, dies here, in this room, Woman of Wonder." The Keepers voice hissed out from beneath the cover of his mask while the hands of the three prison guards moved to lay claim to her body. Bit by bit the sleek silver metal and chains that adorned and restricted her flesh came away from body. Weakened as she was by the collar tight upon her neck, there was little she could do as the pair worked in tandem to both disrobe her and stifle any attempts to resist their efforts.

Her metal garb clattered upon the floor as it was finally discarded with a simple toss. Only the obscuring black mask remained, along with the sleek alien shackles that complimented the collar that decorated her slender neck and marked her as the property of Anubis. "Get her up on her feet and pin her back against the wall." The voice of the one responsible for breaking Diana's will stated with a cold and detached manner as he loomed nearby, observing the proceedings unfold before him as if he was watching children play with a toy.

The-Man-Catcher.jpg

Except Wonder Woman wasn't treated like a toy as one by one the staves that they had entered the room with were drawn down across her limbs with brutal efficiency. The narrow gaps at their apex were flexible enough to allow her wrists, her ankles, and even her neck to push beyond them. The inner circle of steel ring greeted every individual joint with an array of needle sharp tips that poked and prodded against her flesh. They pierced her skin as she was roughly drawn up to her feet, leaving tiny trails of fresh crimson blood to trickle down over the contrast of her sun kissed skin. Her suffering was mitigated fortunately by the density of the alien metal that remained shackled around her wrists, ankles, and lastly collared about her neck.

But still there was more than enough free flesh to puncture, rip, and cut as the five loathsome weapons worked in broken unison to tame her resistance. She was treated like a puppet with no strings. Her body was pushed and jerked about. Every yank and tug led to new puncture wounds that dug in just deep enough to demand obediene. If there were any cries of pain the dark hood that concealed her face and sealed her lips only allowed for them to emerge as muffled protests that were barely audible.

The five cruel barbed ends pushed Diana's back up against the ceramic wall. Her arms were dragged up and out to her sides. Her legs were spread as those needles insisted she cooperate. The Keeper stepped forward in a casual manner until he stood before her, mask to mask.

"Fabulous device, isn't it." The tip of his index finger moved to trace across the smooth surface of her reflective silver collar while the prongs about her neck kept the back of her head pinned against the wall. "But you know that all to well by now, don't you, slave?" Slowly his fingers spread as he reached about the edges of Diana's mask. His fingers brushed against the smooth and dense fabric that obscured her visage, working patiently to unclasp and unbuckle the various straps that kept it adhered nice and tight across her face.

rsz_139470002.jpg

It was peeled away from the heat and sweat of her face that made it feel as if it had become partially glued to the Amazons flesh. The abyssal well of darkness that had become her world was swiftly replaced by a flood of light so vibrant and pure in its white hue that the very dimensions of the room were painful upon the eyes to discern.

"I've yet to meet any who could bear the weight of this room for more than a few months." The glow of his blue eyes dropped down to the black mask that rested in his hand. "I doubt you will be any different." He turned away from Wonder Woman, slapping the empty husk of a mask that was laden upon the inside with the dampness of her perspiration across his bared, broad shoulder. "As I have said, whoever you were in the past, dies in this room of constant white." His head shifted just enough to impart a sinister glance over his shoulder.

"I will enjoy every last one of your screams until you are a broken shell of meat and bone to be molded anew." He snapped his fingers as he stood with his back towards Diana. "Beat her until she can't move. Then beat her some more, until every last soldier she killed has been given a small measure of revenge."

It would be sometime later when Wonder Woman would wake from that beating to find her eyes filled with unadulterated pure white. But she did not wake on her own. Over time Diana would discover that there were other insidious methods at the disposal of her captors. Loud jarring sounds would rise up in her ears, never allowing her to fall into the tranquil and needed stages of a deep sleep. She was left isolated in that ivory chamber. Shackled with her arms lashed to white chains that hooked into the ceiling above. They raised, leaving her feet to dangle inches away from the floor. When the pain would grow so intense within her shoulders that she felt as if they were on the verge of popping out of their sockets, they would lower, allowing her bare feet to rest upon the floor. Until once again she would be tugged upward by her bound wrists and the cycle would repeat itself. Inevitably exhaustion would overcome Diana and she was allowed to crumple to the floor.

But it was never long before she was woken again by that incessant cacophony of buzzing that tore through her head. She would stir to discover a new set of circumstances that would greet her every time she was jarred out of her fruitless slumbers. Wonder Woman found herself shackled by one ankle which was chained to the floor. Other times it was a wrist that bore the restrictive chain, or a belt that was anchored into a loop of white metal upon a wall. Very rarely did Diana suffer the same indignity, there were always subtle differences that welcomed her back into the void of white that was her prison.

rice-bowl-isolated-white-background-56317430.jpg

Sometimes a meal would be waiting for her. Laid upon the cold ivory floor in white bowls that were flexible like rubber, which would bend but never break in the event that she would seek to make a weapon out of them. The food they contained was bleached white, often times filled with rice, noodles, creamy broth, or bland gruel to satisfy the pangs of hunger that would come after days on end without a scrap to eat. But worst of all was how she was denied water until the sensors in her collar relayed how desperately dehydrated her body had become. Only then would she be granted a reprieve of a small cup of water, dyed white, in a soft plastic bowl of equally white material. It was always affixed to the floor and her hands were always shackled behind her back. The option left to her was to lap it up like a dog with her tongue until the bowl was dry. But there was never enough to fully quench her thirst.

Diana would discover over the blur of days, weeks, or months during her captivity in this white hell that the room was fitted with shifting panels. Various tiles of glossy white would shift, revealing different fabrications of white upon white whenever she would be shaken out of her restless sleep by that brain rattling sound that filled her ears. A porcelain toilet would be made available for her to use whenever the sensors in her collar deemed that it was the appropriate time. Cold, hard, ceramic dais's would rise up along with the Keepers voice echoing through the snow white room, promising her the gift of water for her next meal if she just knelt upon the pedestal and remained stationary for however long his whims would desire.

gZdhTx_T93gib5lt7OczPhd-2sv6fyyc4Joo3XG10PE.jpg

There were other days that the Amazon would waken to discover herself smeared beneath a canvas of some slick white substance with barely a pinhole upon her nostrils to breath from. Sometimes she would be plastered upon the floor, other days she would wake to find herself pinned upon the wall. Tiny slits existed around the sockets of her eyes, leaving her to gaze upon her prison of white for countless hours. Hours where her body remained compressed by ropes and suction that made her blanket of white cling to every crevice and curve of her flesh. For her enjoyment, a song would play on an endless loop. Repeating it over and over until it was drilled into her head.

Time seemed to be a nonexistent concept. There was no day or night to judge how long she was made to suffer in that pale and bleak room. Countless other tortures of the mind were interspersed, leaving her with no sense of routine that her mind could even cling to. She was granted visitors once near the end of her stay, when her mind was little more than a frazzled organ that resided in her skull.

Slaves, dressed in white robes, men from her home world that had inevitably found themselves as prisoners of Anubis entered the room. They found Wonder Woman, or what remained of her, shackled by white chains to the floor. She was presented to them in a kneeling position. Wrists secured to the alabaster ground, ankles crossed and pinned by white metal loops while a pole of pure ivory ran straight up her back and hooked to her collar. There was no movement she could make beyond a subtle twist or turn of shoulders as her visitors encircled her. One by one, each man parted their robes of white and pleasured themselves until the fruits of their labor were painted upon Diana's flesh.

Days later, Anubis found time to personally pay his prized captive a visit. Arriving within her room, to find her fast asleep, untethered upon the cold tile floor. He stood there, dressed in his regal robes of black that made him stand out like a titan in that room of white as he gazed down upon Diana of Themyscira. He spoke, his voice filled the room, and shook within her head, rousing her from the depths of her nightmares.

"Rise, on your knees, present yourself to me with your head bowed." His gaze stayed upon her without an ounce of mercy or compassion within the depths of his blue glowing sockets. "And be swift about it. It's time to see if you have learned obedience, or if you will need more time in this chamber."​
THROWBAOOOOTHROWBAOOOO

THROWBAOOOOTHROWBAOOOO
Diana was trapped in a perpetual state of limbo where the passage of time was obscure; hours stretched into days and those smudged into weeks. The white room had devoured her brain and reduced it to a decaying fragment. She had heard about such a novel torture technique in the past. Rumored to have been used secretly by some third-world countries to interrogate anti-government political activists, the power of the white room revolved around the concept of sensory deprivation; her eyes were denied the sight of any color other than white, her ears were subjected exclusively to the jarring, endless song that deprived her of sleep, her daily food consisted of bland gruel or rice, and every surface she was allowed to touch was indistinctly smooth. The severe reduction of sensory stimulation paralyzed her brain in a way that made her question reality itself. With nothing to sense and nobody to interact with, Diana often found herself uncertain whether she was awake or asleep, or am I dead?

Hours of constant torture had transformed her body into the embodiment of death itself. A score of scars adorned her flesh, varying in sizes and colors, scattered all over her paling skin. Whenever she wasn't hoisted and suspended by the shackles around her wrists, Diana would run her fingers over her scars. The newer ones would always bite back as she traced them, throbbing pain erupting instantly and forcing her to hug her body in consolation. The older scars were usually purple, and those only gave her a prickling sensation when touched. Her legs and forearms had a number of brown bruises on them, those that stabbed with agonizing pain whenever she'd poke them. Those marks on her served as constant reminders of her failures and testimonies to her weakness.

Stripped of her rapid healing abilities, the scars were there to remain for eternity. Diana had never been besmirched in such a way, but the captivity in the white room taught her to appreciate the reality of pain. It was one of the very few stimuli she was allowed to experience; one of the very last threads weaving her mind to sanity and binding her in the confines of reality. Her skin had grown pale as a wraith from the dehydration, with blue hues around the joints from the constant hanging and dark circles around her eyes from the deprivation of sleep. Her arms and thighs were punctured and bled a dozen times over. They'd leave her to bleed and twist in pain for hours before they'd allow her to wash her wounds clean. Above all, they wanted her clean and presentable, but tortured and in constant pain and misery.

1514201413_9746.jpg

Her muscles had diminished from the lack of protein in her diet. She'd grown frail and skinny to the point that her rib-cage was starting to leave an imprint through the skin. Often, Diana was dehydrated enough to stagger and collapse. When by some miracle she would arise, she'd find out that her captors had sent a bowl of water to her room. Diana discovered quickly that she couldn't fake passing out to trick them into giving her water. Somehow, her torturers knew exactly when she was on the brink of succumbing to her demise. They knew precisely what they were doing and monitored her like hawks. They noted the changes to her body, the cuts and bruises and wounds to her flesh and ego alike, and always knew which buttons to press to shove her closer to insanity. She had stopped screaming for help and demanding release after the first day, and by the third day exhaustion and drought rendered her voice dry and raspy as a hiss, her vocal cords too withered to emit a cry of help, and her eyes too parched to shed a tear.

Diana's pride took the deepest wounds. With time she became desensitized to nudity in front of others. They kept her like a pet, leashed and bare for all preying eyes to gaze upon. Privacy was a foreign, unfamiliar concept to the Keeper and his aides, and Diana gradually forgot what it means to have such luxury as a gown or a coat covering her modesty. Any attempt at resisting or rejecting the treatment simply brought forth more desecration upon her pride. With her hands shackled, food and water were given to her in bowls in such a way that it was impossible for her to eat or drink without stooping low and eating directly from the bowl as an animal would. The first time they provided her with food, famine possessed her to abandon her ego and press her face into the bowl. When it was a matter of survival, humility came naturally to morals, she'd come to learn.

The most heinous attack on her pride came in the form of a group of slaves pleasured themselves and spilled their seeds on her trapped body. Among them was none other than Aatif al-Yassin, whom she recognized as a traitor having sworn fealty to Anubis. Diana found solace in closing her eyes and counting through the ordeal until the spunk salvo defiled her body. She would lay on the ground, kneeling, helpless and hopeless, as men stroked themselves to the rhythm of her feeble whimpers and sobs. Shame would compel her to bury her head in her arms, avoiding any and all eye contact, until her molesters were done with their business and evacuated the room.

Shrill noises roused her from a semblance of sleep. This time they didn't have her hanging by her wrists with shackles and chain. Diana heaved herself, a pool of pain bubbling beneath her. Her arm, unable to support the weight of her frail body, buckled causing her to collapse with a painful thud. Dark spots floated around her hazing vision as she fluttered her eyes, ushering them to vanish into the corners. Her head swam and her stomach barked at her. The semen stains on her backside has dried up to crisp flakes that she'd need to scrape off the next time they allow her to clean herself. Crimson rings, footprints of her shackles, adorned her wrists. She ran a finger along the outline and winced as a spark of pain traveled up her body. Savoring the pain, and appreciating its tangible realness, Diana felt emboldened to try once more to rise on her feet.

Diana's body was a battlefield of scars and bruises, resting on a leg that quivered under the guilt she bore. A sturdy chain anchored at the wall was clasped on her collar, restricting her movement within a ten foot radius. She dared a step, and cried out in pain when a jolt caused her to collapse once more, hugging her throbbing legs. "The Keeper. Aatif al-Yassin. Anubis." She whispered to herself, her body shaking more with each uttered name. "The Keeper. Aatif al-Yassin. Anubis." The names were etched in her brain, a list of targets to kill that served to give her a sense of purpose in this white void she'd lost herself in.

"You left me to die!"

A woman cried out at her. Diana rolled and got on all fours, the only position that didn't come with pain, then turned to face the specter standing behind her. "Sally.." Diana murmured faintly. "I thought.. you died" Talking was an arduous task, each word rendering her breathless. She crawled towards the blonde until the chain snapped, the wall yanking her neck back. "I did. I died." Sally spoke with a monotone voice that was devoid of emotions. "We all died." She added, walking towards the fallen heroine. "We all relied on you and you let us down." She said upon reaching the kneeling woman.

be8c1a0ce1f306247c5050621b41215e.gif

"I- Sorry.. I tried!" Diana broke weeping, contrition running down her face in a steady stream of tears. The phantom shoved Diana down and turned her around, so that she laid on her back and faced the ceiling. "You failed us all!" Sally straddled her and started choking her. "You caused all of this!" the blonde's thumbs dug into Diana's neck suffocating her easily. "You doomed us all! You monster!" Sally was wailing as she slammed Diana's head repeatedly into the ground. Diana was too feeble to fend off the petite blonde. Dark clouds crept from the corners of her vision and veiled her sight, then rained tears down her face. She jerked and twisted while Sally kept choking her throat and bashing her head in. "Monster! Villain! Pathetic!". Darkness swallowed her whole. She felt herself die and wither, forgotten and disgraced, and then felt Sally stand up and leave her corpse behind. She had a dreamless sleep, full of nothing but humbling darkness.

But it only lasted a blink.

Anubis' voice revived her. Her eyes shot open upon hearing his stern voice. Its been years since they had someone talk to me, she thought, deciding that the murderous Sally was a shade that haunted her. It wasn't rare for her to hallucinate and witness ghosts in this wretched room. Voices and visions would frequently manifest out of thin air every so often just to add to her torment. However, Sally was the first to choke her to the brink of death. I can't say I fault her. Her mind slowly circled back to the figure hovering over her. The collar around her neck vibrated and shone pulses of purple. A-anubis?

wonder-woman-1984-diana-prince.jpg

"Yes! Oh please yes! yes yes!" She assumed the position her master had asked for her. "I'm ready to le-..ave this place.." Diana bit on her lips. A tsunami of shame drowned her. Her face flushed the deepest shades of red as she started sobbing uncontrollably lamenting her despicable state. Her body shook nervously near Anubis, almost matching the collar, embarrassment, guilt, and cowardice molding her into the perfect pet; one with the humility and subservience of a slave, and the twinkling eyes of an injured animal. "Please.. Let me out of here". Diana broke into wailing, pressing her face against Anubis' boots in supplication.​
THROWBAOOOOTHROWBAOOOO

Back
Top Bottom