Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Shadows of Kagemusha (Visual Novel World)-IC: Streets of Kagemusha/The Pit Stop

steelsmiter

Dwarf King
Rules, Setup, and World Info
Characters
Interest Check
OOC
SatoVR: Shadows of Kagemusha MMO
Continued from Special K

She had been parked in the college's parking garage, amidst a bunch of other hunks of metal nowhere nearly as impressive. It was difficult to get a private vehicle license here, but somehow Reiko had managed. It was a point of pride. Even more so that she was able to obtain a vehicle that used up considerably more gas than Japan's stringent environmental laws would normally permit. For her part, Reiko had not done anything nefarious, though if one were to think especially critically about the fact that her garage did no small amount of work for the Special K School Board, a connection could easily be made. Should a school board exercise such power? Probably not, but rumors abound that it did all the same. Granted, she had been pulled over for speeding a time or two, and the school board had not stopped her from getting those, so it was hard to say for sure.

A few moments after she started up Baby Doll, Reiko noticed there was a very faint knocking. Not bad enough for a casual observer to notice, but someone who lived with the car might realize that it was a bit... off.​

Last edited:
While others might have been more interested in Eiji and Jinko's dispute in the garage, Reiko's concern was immediately drawn towards Baby Doll's engine. She knew every twist and turn under her hood, and the knock was like nails on a blackboard to her ears, or maybe more like a baby's cry. "Oh, Baby Doll, what's with you?" she asked as she put her ear to the hood. "Definitely something going on. Junko, I think we're going to have to put off the ride for a few." She turned off the ignition and popped the hood to take a closer look, first without the engine running, and then with. She had put her heart and soul into this vehicle, and she wasn't going to let her fall to pieces now.

Junko... Well, she's not quite the wrench wench that Reiko is, though she appreciates a nice bike or car. A lot of the techno-babble Reiko said earlier went in one ear and out the other, especially now that Junko's attention is on Jinko--with an 'i'--probably giving her brother what he deserves. Should she intervene, or leave him to his fate? Perhaps she can do both at the same time.

"Yeah, yeah, Baby Doll's a real stunner. Give me one sec,' Reiko-boo." Junko cups her hands around her mouth, and calls out to Jinko. "Hey. Don't hurt him too bad. He covers most of our rent."

There. Her sisterly obligations were met, so Junko returns her attention to Reiko and her beloved red sports car. "Sorry, boo. If I had the smarts like you do, I'd take a look and see what's up with her, but why don't we work on it for a little? We can do it together, right? It'll be cool," she says with a reassuring pat on Reiko's shoulder.

The security guard paid the other girls no mind since doing so would be a tactical error outnumbered as she was. Eiji and crew could not find out what her original purpose was. Still, her analytical mind said check the radiator and cylinder gap. What Josei actually said was
"How many people are you guys gonna harrass today?"

Many of the other reasons for the engine knock could be better assessed and dealt with using the tools from The Pit Stop.​

Last edited:
"Yeah - we need to do that." Reiko was obviously shaken. Baby Doll wasn't young, so knocks and pings were to be expected, but still, this was her Baby Doll, so she took everything about her seriously. Maybe too seriously. "But we can't do it here. You mind if we take her to the Pit Stop, Junko-chan?"

Junko nudges Reiko's shoulder with a trademark 'big sister' smile. "I don't mind at all. Let's get this fine girl out of here. Are you gonna drive?" she says as she hops into the passenger seat of the convertible, and throws her feet up on the dashboard.

Reiko gave a bit of a look to Junko as she put her feet up on the dash and intoned, "Junko..." but that being said, soon they were speeding off to The Pit Stop. The crew there knew better than to get in her way as she drove Baby Doll into the dock. "OK, now the real work begins." And though she might have acted as if it were a chore, everyone there knew this is what she loved, almost more of a religion than a profession. As she found herself moving between the hood and underneath the car, she soon started asking for friend for help, asking for various tools as the need kept arising.

[2d6 : 1,5] + 2= 8
Screws on hoses tightened, timing checked, valves cleaned and just about any other thing Reiko could think of, Reiko ran through the 18 year old car checklist and boy did she run through it. By the time it was all over, the car was tuned to race. Which was a good thing, because 5 guys from the chopshop earlier were parked right outside the entrance to The Pit Stop, leaned up against their cars "What's up Tōsenbō?" You gonna grab last place with that smoker again? We're getting real tired of you bringing that junk on our turf. Normally we go for pink slips, but we'll be happy with the other pink when you lose? How about it, race to the Tsubame Dojo?" he said "Ooh, what's this, you got a buddy?"

Last edited:
Reiko rolled out from under the carriage with steel in her eyes and grease in her hair. It was her version of makeup. She rose to a standing position with hands on hips. "What? You think you can take me on? I'll smoke you anytime, anywhere. Prepare to walk home."

Back
Top Bottom