Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Neko adoption (LustfulSins &MoonGoddess9324)

MoonGoddess9234

Planetoid
Zander sat in his room, pillow propped up against his headboard, as he read a book. "Zander, you want to play some checkers?" Came just roommate from the doorway. Zander looked up from his book, "sure." He out his book down on his bed and went out to the common area to sit with Oakley at a table.

Oakley had arrive with five other nekos that had come from a breeding facility. Oakley had been a bit skittish but not as bad as some of the others. "Got a proposition for you. If I win ... you tell my how you ended up here." Zander quirked a dark brow, "and if I win .... you help me out during my next heat cycle. Its embarrassing to try to take care of one's self when you have a roommate. " Oakley blushed but agreed.

In the three months the two had been roommates that was one thing Zander never spoke of. "Ha! Got ya, now spill the tea." Zander sighed, "Fine .... I lived with a guy name Jake. I lived with him for many years and we were great together. Til he met his now fiance Clay. Jake still cared for me but Clay got offered a job overseas and apparently there wasn't room for me to join....so here I am." Oakley blinked, "still beats a breeding facility where your forces to accept partners." Zander hummed, "yes well..I believe I will go back to our room to read now." Oakley nodded as Zander got up, his long black tail with its white tip swishing behind him. Oakley felt bad for asking but his fox hybrid roommate was a bit of a mystery as he was so quite.

Last edited:
488e800467e85e6eaefb5ac2a86092b8.jpg

Calder Valkian has finally come to the adoption center again. It's been five years, having gotten his previous neko companion at the age of twenty. And it's been 8 months since he passed. But Calder is ready now. The little bell on the door rings as he steps inside, nodding a hello when greeted.

While not rich, Calder is well off, thanks to his successful career in graphic design and illustration. So he drifts toward the board containing photos of less common species. After some perusing, Calder takes down the image of Zander and walks over to the counter. "I want to meet him." There's little to no emotion in Calder's smooth voice, which often causes people to become nervous around him. It doesn't help his grey eyes and facial features are blank as well.

Sarah notices a young man with vibrant, long red hair enter. Sarah Hesston runs the hybrid adoption center and strives to gives them the best possible care. When the man approaches the desk, she looks at Zander's picture and nods. She then pulls a walkie from her hip, calling for her worker Melanie to go get Zander from the back. " my name is Sarah, come with me and I will take you back to one of rooms." She then leads him back to the first room which has two couches placed in the carpeted room. She then hands Calder a clipboard with paperwork. "Just fill this out while you wait. When you are all finished meeting with Zander just ring the buzzer on the door and I will come get him and the paperwork. You picked a good one, Zander is a sweetheart." She says with a smile as she points out the buzzer by the door.

Zander was sitting back in his room when Melanie came in and called for him. He peeked his head out in curiosity. "M-me?" Melanie nodded, he approached and she put a collar around his neck, attaching a leash. Zander followed her out to the main area, past the desk to another room with couches. There was a man there who was honestly quite gorgeous but seemed very serious. Zander sighed softly, his ears folding and long tail wrapping around his leg. Zander sat at the end of one of the couches. "Um ... Hi. I'm Zander, nice to meet you." This had been the first time in the year he had been here that someone had selected him. He was honestly a bit nervous as he sat there.

While he waited, Calder filled out the necessary paperwork, signing the portion stating that Zander would be returned here if Calder no longer deemed him a good fit. Zander is lead into the room as Calder is finishing the bottom of the page. He sets the clipboard aside, brushing his orange bangs put of his face. Hello, Zander. I am Calder Valkian. I know many owners prefer titles, however, I would rather ypu simply call me by name."

Calder pauses, then tilts his head. "Why are you seated so far away? I won't bite you." A light tease, though it falls flat due to the lack of playfulness in Calder's tone. He doesn't seem to notice. Calder stands, approaching Zander, and lightly grips his jaw in his long fingers. Now up close, it's clear to see Calder is at least six feet tall, if not a couple inches over six feet. The ginger turns Zander's face side to side, then runs his hand up through the male's hair to give one ear a light rub. "You're a fox hybrid, correct?"

Zander isn't really sure how to answer Calder about the distance so he shrugs. The shy hybrid thinks the man was trying for a joke but the flat tone made Zander unsure. Zander's blue eyes widen as Calder takes his chin,, turning his head side to side. A deep blush heats his face but a soft murr leaves him as the other male runs his fingers through Zanders hair to his ear.

"Y-yes, I am a fox hyrbid." Zander can tell that Calder is taller then him by a bit. Zander is easily five foot nine or so, maybe closer to six if you count his ears. Their position makes Zander look up, though he doesn't maintain eye contact for long. Zander doesn't sense any bad vibes coming off the guy, just seriousness. So Zander attempts to be a bit cute by leaning his head into the hand at his ear and humming softly, the tip of his rail flicking a bit.

Calder hums lightly at Zander's response. Though he shows no sign that he's happy with Zander's reaction, Calder's fingers still rub the ear gently. After a moment of watching the hybrid, Calder takes his hand away. This one will do. Calm, well behaved, the shyness is cute. The ginger walks over to the buzzer, pressing it. While he waits for Sarah to return, Calder walks back to Zander.

"I'm going to take you home with me." From the pocket of his sweater, Calder pulls out a thin, black leather collar and matching leash. He removes the center's collar, fitting the new one just as the door opens. Calder tilts his head as he admires the collar on Zander's throat.

Zander wants to whine a bit as Calder's hand moves from his ear but he manages to surpress it. He has to get ahold of himself, no sense falling for another fickle human who may decide he no longer wishes to have the hybrids company. The hybrid watches the human ring the buzzer,, maybe he won't even pick the fox hybrid anyway.

Then Calder returns to him, declaring that he is going to take Zander home. Again his tail betrays his happiness by flicking slightly. Zander stands as the human rummaged in his pocket, producing a nicer collar and leash. Zander holds still, though he swallows nervously as Claders fingers brush his throat.

Just then Sarah walks in, "Oh ... well seems you decided on Zander then. Let me just look at your paperwork." She flips through it, humming to herself. "Well then seems everything is in order, all you have to do is pay the adoption fee at the front desk and the two of you are good to go." Zander swallowed, he was honestly a bit nervous but so far Calder seemed nice ... a bit serious but once Zander had some time to warm up maybe he could get the other male to loosen up. Zander waa a bit worried about the fact his heat cycle would be coming in about two weeks but he would deal with that when the time came.

Calder nods to Sarah, following her to the front desk. He doesn't bat at eye at the adoption fee, murmuring a thank you once more. He leads Zander out to a dark blue single cab truck, the kind with a leather bench seat inside. It's well take care of, and even though it's not lifted, Calder gives Zander a hand up into the passenger seat. Once he's behind the wheel, Calder pulls out of the adoption center's parking lot and heads for home.

"The center provides limited information on its residents. Tell me about yourself, Zander." Calder seems at ease driving one handed, his right hand resting on the bench seat between them. The radio quietly play some alternative band, and the engine hums softly. Calder also takes care to avoid major potholes in the road.

Zander smiles softly at the help up and climbs into the nice truck. He buckles himself like a good boy and waits for Calder. Zander relaxes a bit as they begin to drive, the question making his ears fold slightly. "I'm 22 years old and a rare black fox hybrid, hence the dark hair white white tips. I had an owner before that I loved with for quite a few years . H-how about yourself ... Calder?"

Calder keeps his eyes on the road as they drive, doing just a little over the speed limit, but not enough to get pulled over for. He listens to Zander speak, though the hybrid doesn't actually give him much info. A sideways glance shows the position of his ears, and Calder assumes he's afraid to say too much and end up being taken back.

"I'm twenty five. You're my second adoption." Calder pauses, then reaches over to briefly touch Zander's thigh. The touch is a comforting squeeze, before his hand returns to the bench seat between them. "I'm not going to change my mind based on what you tell me. I've made my decision to keep you."

Zander smiles softly at the touch to his leg. Even though Calder seems cold, the touch helps the hybrid relax. Zander gives a small sigh, "I ..... lived with my owner Jake Dunns for about ten years. It was simple companion ship until I came of age for my heat cycles to start. We blossomed into a intimate relationship and were very close. That is until Clay Holmes entered the picture and Jake started dating him. Clay quickly made Jake 0rimise to not sleep with me and he didn't. About a year and a half ago they got engaged, then Clay got an overseas business opportunity and there wasn't room for extra baggage."

Zander unconscious took Claders hand for comfort. "What kind of hybrid did you have before. May I know what happened to him?"

Calder listens quietly, though his lips press together tightly. For someone to just essentially abandon a companion they've cared for, for a number of years.. It doesn't sit well with the ginger. Not that he blames Zander for it, of course not. It just gives him an instant distaste for Zander's previous owner. "I'm sorry your life got uprooted like that."

When asked about his previous companion, Calder's left hand tightens visibly on the steering wheel. "I'd rather not talk about him." There's the tiniest hint of emotion in Calder's voice, in the way he speaks tightly, through his teeth. But it's difficult to discern what that emotion might be. It's not difficult to tell the subject is a sensitive one. Calder pulls into the driveway of a relatively modest two floor home, with a small flowerbed in front of the front deck and a somewhat decently kept lawn. "We're here."

If Zander hadn't been paying attention he would have missed some of Calder's silent cues. The hybrid wanted to be mad and hurt that his new owner wasn't willing to open up. Heck Zander had just told this man his biggest secret that had taken his roommate 3 months to get out at him. But the cues were there that the topic of the previous hybrid was one that brought his nee owner sadness.

When his owner announced that they were there, Zander's eyes lifted. His ears perked up, a smile graced his face and even his tail wagged a bit. "wow! This is really nice, never lived in a big house like this. I lived in a studio apartment before the center." Even though the place might not be big in everyone's book, it was to Zander.

"Do I get my own room ... or a spot to make a den?" Zander asked as he opened the truck door to hop out. Zander liked to have some place private to be. He wouldn't mind sharing a room with Calder but as a fox hybrid he like a private place. Plus with his heat cycle a couple weeks away he was preparing to have to deal with that .... alone.

Calder relaxes again as Zander shows excitement for his home. He shrugs a bit, not seeing it as anything special. But he can see where the hybrid is coming from, when he mentions he had lived in a studio apartment. Calder gets out after shutting off the engine, locking the truck once doors close. He leads the way up onto the deck to the front door, unlocking it to open the door into a small entryway. There's a coat closet to the left, with a boot rack on the floor inside. To the right is a narrow hallway table with a potted Christmas cactus and an oval pottery bowl. He drops his wallet and keys into the bowl out of habit, kicking off his shoes.

"No shoes in the house." Calder doesn't answer Zander's question about having his own space right away. Instead, he leads the hybrid through the house on a tour. The living room is spacious with a large TV, dark green fabric sofa and oversized armchair, a plain dark wood coffee table, and a gas stove, bookshelf, and large black beanbag seat to the right. A bay window to the left looks out over the front yard. Across the hall is the kitchen, not state of the art, but fairly modern, with a small square table and two chairs, and a small island counter with two barstools. Beside the stairs to the second floor is a door to the fenced backyard, which has a willow tree and a small garden shed.

Upstairs, there's a basic bathroom with a curtained tub, an office den with a large bookshelf of art concept books, sketchbooks, and art supplies, along with a desk, an expensive computer, and a small loveseat to match the sofa and armchair downstairs. Next is what appears to be a spare bedroom, but it's mostly bare except the bed, dresser, and nightstand. The door at the end of the hall is closed. Calder stops at the spare bedroom first. "I never have guests, so you can have this room if you want. I guess I should take you shopping for more clothing and other things tomorrow, so we can get you more blankets and such if you'd like."

Zander is just in awe of the place and luckily doesn't move from the entryway. As Calder instructs of the shoe rule, he slide his plain white sneakers off. The hybrid follows his owner around as he gets a tour. It is honestly so much bigger that Zander is all wide blue eyes. He does makes a sort of happy chattering noise when he sees the fenced in yard. Hybrids only had to be on a leash if out of the house, if an owner had a fenced in yard then, that meant Zander could be outside without a lesh.

They walked up stairs and Zander took in the office and bathroom. They stopped at a pretty empty room other then the essentials. "O-okay .... that sounds good. I do like blankets and pillows." Zander shyly chuckled. "Is that your room at the end?" He asked looking down the hall to the closed door. He fidgetted a bit, "do you work alot, I don't mind being home alone but I do prefer company and um .... well I can't really cook much.. Jake did all the cooking ...but I can make a sandwich and use a microwave pretty good." He tried again for a light joke.

Calder glances down the hall, then nods his head. He moves that way, pausing at the door. "It is. It's.. kind of a mess." Calder rubs the back of his neck, then swings the door open. Compared to the rest of his house, Calder bedroom is a disaster. There's clothing and towels piled against the wall on the floor next to a decent ensuite bathroom. Papers with half finished sketches of random landscapes are strewn around the room, on the floor, on the nightstand. The queen size bed is disheveled, the blankets half off and hanging to the floor. There's a small open closet with an overturned box of art supplies and empty clothes hangers. On the dresser is a face down picture frame and a small locked chest.

"I got the rest of the house cleaned for your arrival and ran out of time for here." Calder sighs, then shrugs. He seems to be avoiding looking at the dresser. Then he remembers Zander had asked about his work and cooking. "I'm a graphic designer and illustrator. I just work from home. I don't mind doing the cooking, but I can teach you, if you want."

Zander was a bit surprised by the catastrophe that was Calders room. It sort of looked like a tornado had hit it. Of course Zander didn't say anything about it. His eyes roamed the room, noticing that Calder avoided the dresser. He wondered if something bad had happened to the previous hybrid. Maybe that was why Calder seemed so closed off. Xander could understand but he also wanted a chance to be close to someone again.

"Its alright, it is your room after all. I helped keep my last home clean, I wouldn't mind helping out since I live here now too." He said softly, shuffling a bit closer to the red head. "I would very much like to learn how to cook and......maybe play in the yard at some point." Zander gave a soft hum of happiness as he was standing fairly close to the other male. He wanted to take his hand or just maybe cuddle a bit.

Calder doesn't catch on to what Zander wants, but his hand does lift to brush a piece of hair out of the hybrid's face. Hos blank expression almost seems to soften for a moment. "I would appreciate the help keeping this place clean. And you're welcome to use the backyard whenever you'd like."

Calder's eyes drop to Zander's mouth for a moment, having the sudden urge to seek comfort in the hybrid. But he also doesn't want Zander thinking that's the only reason he adopted him. So the ginger looks away, glancing around the room and dropping his hand back to his side. "If you ever need me during the night, you can come in here. I won't be mad if you wake me up."

Zander wags hus tail happily at hearing he can play in the yard. The bybrid gives a happy murr when Calder brushes his hair from his face. Their eyes met and Zander sees the way Calder looks at his mouth, Zander is a bit surprised but stays still. The human looks away, which makes the hybrid a bit bad but Zander doesn't want to rush anything. "Oh .... alright...." he answers to being aloud to wake Calder if he needs him. For some reason the hybrids mind goes right to the thought of his heat cycle. Zander knew how to tend to himself but ..... it was so much better with help.

Zander gently took Capders hand, "so what are we going today? Maybe I can help you with dinner? And watch a movie later or something. " The hybrid fidgettes a bit aa his fingers interlocked with Calder's.

Calder's eyes drop to Zander's hand interlocked with his own. He doesn't pull away, though. He knows Zander is trying to connect with him, he's just struggling. It's been so long since he's had any kind of connection, not since.. Calder blinks that thought away. Not now. He takes a deep breath, then nods once.

"Sure, we can make dinner and then pick out a movie. What do you want to eat?" Calder turns and leads Zander down the hall. His fingers curl slightly to keep hold of the hybrids hand. Down the stairs to the kitchen, where Calder finally releases Zander. He turns to look at him, to see if he has any ideas.

"Ohhh..um well I'm an omnivore like you, not into sweets other then ice cream. I like fruits and veggies....other then beans..and any meat. I prefer fish or chicken but I'll get anything really." Xander wasn't sure if any of that was helpful but he really wasn't finicky.

He waa happy that Calder held his hand clear down to the kitchen. Calder hadn't asked what he liked but what he would like and Zander had been pondering that a but. "My favorite is pasta like spaghetti with meatballs, does that help." Haskell cutely as his tail wrapped around his one leg.

Calder is listening, though his blank expression makes it hard to tell. In the kitchen, he pulls some things out of the fridge; an onion, two sticks of celery, a red pepper, two large tomatoes. He sets these on the island counter, along with a knife and cutting board.

"You can start by cutting those into half inch squares, but cut the celery into quarter inch thick pieces. Let me know if you need help." The ginger turns to the pantry, pulling out a box of spaghetti and a large can of tomato sauce. Turning on the glass top stove, he fills one pot with water and sets it to boil.

Zander nodded at the instructions, though the pepper was a new thing to him. He sniffed it a bit before rinsing all the veggies gently. He took a sharp knife, biting his lower lip a bit. He wasn't the best with knives but he wanted to make a good effort.

Zander wasn't the fastest at cutting but he did alright. Though he left the pepper and onion for last. He didn't really care for cutting onions, it always made his eyes burn and water. The pepper .... well that was a new thing. Zander took a steadying breath as he began cutting into the onion. He sniffed as the smell affected him like always.

"Calder ..... I'm not *sniff* sure how to *sniff* cut the pepper .... *sniff* can you help me .... please ... *sniff*"

Calder pulls out a second pot and starts it heating at a low temperature while Zander starts cutting. When he hears the sniffing between words, he turns, frowning, concerned the hybrid may have cut himself. Seeing that it's just because of the onion, he gives the boy a look of amusement. "You're supposed to peel the onion, then rinse it under hot water. The heat kills the fumes that make your eyes water."

With his own hands still clean, Calder cups Zander's face and his thumbs wipe the boy's eyes. He still looks amused as he picks up the chopped onion and tosses it into the second, empty pot, adding some oil and stirring it. Then Calder moves to stand behind Zander, almost leaning against him. "Here, you cut a pepper like this." Calder places his hands over Zander's guiding his movements rather than doing it for him. First the top of the pepper is cut off, then the inside seed core removed. The shell of the pepper is sliced into strips. "There. Now you rinse off any remaining seeds, and slice these strips into bite size pieces."

Zander sniffs as Calder explains the proper way to cut an onion, the hybrids mouth making a tiny o. "I never knew that, thank you for the advice." Zander freezes in his spot as Calder cups his face, his eyes going big. A soft little murr escapes him as the human wipes the tears.

Zander smiles as Calder puts the onion in a pot. Zander had refocused on the pepper. He tensed briefly as the other male came up behind him. Even though Calder wasn't as expressive as Zander, the hybrid easily relaxed. He payed attention to direction and was happy to be shown then to just having it done for him. "Wow...that wasn't to bad, thank you for guiding me." Zander gave a warm smile was his tail gave a soft wag. He raised off the strips carefully then cut them into bite sized pieces. The hybrid felt like he was learning alot already and was quite happy with himself and his new home.

Back
Top Bottom