Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Donor [lipslikemorphine and Seraph]

She flinched again at the touch of the bandaid to her bruised flesh. Even though the initial burning sensations from the bite marks were gone, the skin was still sensitive to the touch and seemed to have it's own heart beat. He seemed confused by what he was trying to explain to her, like as if he'd tried to practice what he'd say to a donor if he ever found his but now that his was sitting there in front of him. So fragile, so tasty, he couldn't come up with the words to explain. She let out a soft sigh of discomfort as the bandaid nestled into her wounds.

She nodded her head, she understood perfectly. She was born this way, she was not going to be able to get around it. "P..protected..." She stuttered, thinking about it. That'd be nice to not really have to worry. "W..would others try to taste me?" She gulped thinking of the intense and ruthless pain again. She closed her eyes and shuddered, then soon opened them again to stare at him. "W..where will I go?"

He nodded to her first point, before he shook his head, "I highly doubt any other Vampire will bite you. It's..." He frowned and ran his fingers through his hair, "It's hard to explain. Perhaps to say that wars have been caused over less would be understating it slightly."

He gave a slightly conspiratorial smile as he leaned closer, "Take Lord Tepes for example, some idiot munch on his donor and he razed half of his country going after him. That's where the Impaler part comes in, you see, since he wasn't sure who did it, he just staked everyone." He paused and then looked at her, "Don't get any ideas from that though."

Cassius tilted his his head to the side, "Where will you go?" He pointed upstairs, "For tonight you'll sleep in my room. I'll have to make calls to the Council and see about getting you registered, again, and your bracelet commissioned." He tapped his chin and mumbled, "And getting food in the house...Have to call Mother and Father as well, they'll be pleased at the news." He glanced at her, "What's your favorite fruits? Vegetables? Meats? I'd suggest red since you'll need to keep up your Iron, but I suppose that could always be fixed with supplements."

His pause was a little unsettling. She tried not to let any more tears run down her face, just the thought of feeling that pain made her want to cry. "Understating?" She looked around the room as best she could. "O...over that?" She wanted to laugh but just the movement of the muscles made her neck ache and her hand instinctively covered her wound.

His confusion about her question seemed to frustrate her some, it was a legit question. She didn't want to be there but she didn't much have a choice. "Y-your room!?" Her eyes were wide with shock. She had never been in another man's room let alone his bed and even worse a vampire! Was it a coffin or something? She doubted it but the clichés were always present in her mind.

She thought for a moment, trying to think of her favorites. The food in the underground was mostly mush-esc foods. She hadn't really tried any real food. All of the underground food was freeze dried for transport and long lasting. She had never even tried a real raspberry before. "Umm...well I've never really had true fresh food. So...anything is fine really."

He sighed and looked at her before gently brushing his fingers over her still wet cheeks as he gave a bit of a rueful smile, "What can I say, we're protective of what is ours." He tilted his head up to press a kiss against her forehead, "If it makes you feel any better, there is actually a legal system for donor. You can take your Vampire to court if you think he has truly done something to harm you--biting, before you ask, doesn't count. However, if you feel that I'm being excessively ruthless, you can always have an order put out to have blood withdrawn rather like for a blood bank."

Perhaps the last bit was a slight lie, but he could always make it happen if need be, though he certainly would get several odd looks and snickers behind his back. He ignored her shock over being made to sleep in his bedroom, really, he might have a few clothes lying on the floor but it wasn't as if he had a skeleton under the bed--or did he? He frowned as he thought that out; he was pretty sure he didn't. He shrugged, "Well then, I'll just have to talk to someone with a donor then to get ideas on what to feed you, won't I?"

He stood up, "Shall I put you in bed now?" He tried to recall, if he ever gave her his name but figured he much have, given that she hadn't asked yet.

His ice cold fingers made her feel like her skin would freeze just at his very touch. She closed her eyes and let out a soft sigh. She had been so terrified by him, so in denial of what was happening that she had completely forgotten to ask his name. "W..What's your name?" She asked, a bright red blush crossing her cheeks. She looked down in embarrassment. "I..I can do that?" She thought about it a moment, she could tell just from the tone of voice he would rather not have to do that. It'd be socially embarrassing, as if going without his donor for so long wasn't embarrassing enough.

Going to bed sounded nice. She yawned a little in response, the pain flaring up in her neck as her muscles moved. "Ouch." She quickly covered her mouth. "Sorry." She mumbled behind her hand.

Cassius looked slightly surprised, so he hadn't told her his name. No wonder she had been so bothered by everything he was piling on her. "Cassius," he replied, "Cassius D'Fluer. And yes, yes you can do that if you really would like to." He didn't have to add that he'd really rather her not to. Like she had rightly guessed it was an embarrassment; something for the really old or the very young who had either lost or not grown their fangs in yet. But he could always handle it...maybe.

He shook his head, "Don't worry about it." He stood again, again, picked her up gently before leaving the kitchen and walking her up the stairs carefully. The second floor was much like the first in it's Victorian design, dark but rich in patterns and thick drapes. He walked passed the first closed door--his parents rooms--to the ajar door at the end of the hall. Originally, the house had had four small bedrooms, only one of which had a private bathroom. His parents had it renovated so that there were only two bedrooms. Each suite had a small sitting room, and a private bathroom.

The Vampire nudged open the door with the toe of his boot and walked passed the sitting room and into his bedroom. He didn't have a door there, preferring an open design to his parents cloistered one. His bed was a good size, barely enough for two people unless they cuddled together--he'd have to get a larger one most likely. Cassius decided, much to his annoyance, to play the gentleman for the evening and give up his bed. But that was not going to be the norm; he liked his bed too much for that. He sat her down on the edge of the bed and glanced at her, "Do you have something to sleep in?"

She cuddled against his chest when he picked her up. She felt like a small child in his arms. Her neck still had a small throb in it, from the small amount of pain that lingered with every step he took. She wimpered slightly when he sat her down on the bed and her body bounced a bit. Her hair hung in her face, and she curled up with her arms wrapped around her legs. She was rocking a little, small tears streaming down her face. She was afraid, she knew she'd never see her family again. She now understood why her father didn't want her to come to the surface. She just wished she could go home. Bray looked up at him, her eyes filled with anger and fear. "No. I don't." She stated it rather harshly. "I was gonna buy some clothes when I got a place to stay."

Cassius sighed softly; honestly, were all humans this confusing? She had cuddled into his chest, now she was looking at him as if he were going to jump her right then and there. A interesting as that would be, he thought, he'd rather her be more willing than she was now. If at all, he'd like her to be the one to make some overture of interest--it would save him a lot of trouble later, and the chance that she'd call rape on him.

He looked down at her before he shook his head, "I'll give you a shirt then." He went to his wardrobe and pulled it open with a soft grunt, it was solid oak at least five inches thick (what his parents were thinking when they bought it, he would never know). Now that he had a donor, he would be able to increase his strength until the wardrobe would be nothing but a paper-light weight. The Vampire smiled slightly at that, as he pulled out a dress shirt for Bray and tossed to her, "Wear that. Do you need help?"

He started to walk from the room, before he paused and glanced at her, "We're going shopping for clothes tomorrow."

Back
Top Bottom