Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Donor [lipslikemorphine and Seraph]

Seraph

Supporter
Supporter
It was a thinly-veiled secret that Vampires stalked the night and most were unaware of it because it simply did not affect them. They kept to their curfews and weren’t bothered by any that went bump in the night. Most wore crosses, though unless wielded by a true believer really did nothing, same with holy water. If a person had no other choice but to go out passed curfew, they did so in a group or asked the government regulated taxi-service to take them where they wanted to go. It was all so very orderly and kept the world of the day away from the world of the night. It was too orderly sometimes, he thought as he sat on top of a gargoyle guarding the high windows of the Cathedral.

It made it had for Vampires to find their donors should they disappear, which they usually never did but there were rare cases, like his, in which the happy couple giving birth to the youngster would catch wind of their child being a Vampire’s donor and go underground. Vampires tended to keep this quiet, but for them to gain true immortality or even their true abilities, they had to feed from their donor. They could make do with the blood of others, but a donor’s blood was almost like a vitamin-enriched, protein pumped meal that helped them grow. His had disappeared shortly after her, or his, birth. Cassius hadn’t even made it to the hospital to pick up his donor and to raise her in the protective custody of the Vampire world, when his phone had rang and he found out the terrible news.

He sighed and straightened before he walked off the ledge with all the grace of an idiot monkey. He landed in a crouch and stumbled as he started to walk and growled slightly. A fall like that wouldn’t have bothered him if he had his donor, but no, it’s parents had to take it away. He sighed and stuck his hands into his jeans pockets and started to leisurely walk through the city, curfew would be in effect in about twenty minutes so he might just be able to grab a quick bite, if he was lucky.

Cassius was just an average looking Vampire, if not on the youthful looking side, something he hoped would change when he got his donor back, if he got his donor back that is. His nickname was baby, both because of his relative youth compared to the rest of the Vampires in the city and his current form. He could have easily passed as someone as young as eighteen but no older than twenty-two.

He glanced up at the moonless sky and murmured, “Where are you right now?”

Bray had been in hiding for as long as she could remember. It had never occured to her that she could have done something wrong. But now on the eve of her 18th birthday she questioned it all. Why was she hiding? Why would her parents never tell her where her real home was? Why she wasn't allowed out into the real world? Always moving whenever the pale people came by. She could never understand her parents. They were so protective of her, whenever she got a new boyfriend they'd search his past to make sure he wouldn't take her to the surface. Because of this fact, she had no social life. She was a pale skinny kid with a New York accent. Whatever that was. She just talked the way her parents did. She had long red hair, and bright green eyes. It seemed abnormal compared to everyone she had ever met. Her features stood out, even more than her parents' did.

Now that she was 18, she wanted to leave. Her parents couldn't stop her now. She had finally packed up everything and was getting ready to call herself a cab to the surface when her father came in. "Where are you going?" He asked her. "It's your birthday tomorrow. I thought you were spending it here." She scoffed in amusement. "Why spend another minute here? I want to know my true place of belonging, and if that's the surface then so be it." She brushed past her dad with her suitcase in hand. "Bye dad. I'll come home and tell you how safe the surface is."

When she finally made it to the surface she knew instantly it was a mistake. It was dark out, dreary, so many flashing lights. There were loud noises, yelling, screaming, these big metal things zooming around. She assumed they were like her taxi's back home but these were different. They wouldn't stop for you. Then it started to rain. "Great. Now I'm soaked." She moaned as she continued to walk up the busy streets. "What am I going to do?" She wiped away her tears as she trudged on.

Cassius wrinkled his nose at the rain but trudged on even as the sirens began to wail announcing curfew. Once the sirens started, you had anyway from five to ten minutes (depending on your borough) to get home or to one of the many single-night hostels that were littered every few blocks in the city for those people who didn't have the money for a taxi and needed to abide by curfew. Vampires were exempt from curfew; no one asked the pale creatures that walked the nights if they were supposed to be out. It helped that every Vampire had a silver bracelet with a sapphire gem the size of a pinkie nail around their wrists, that they could flash when trouble with the authorities started.

Personally, he had never had trouble.

He watched as the streets began to empty with a cool detachment and the hunger that always boiled beneath the surface. His 'parents', the two Vampires who had donated their DNA to have him created in a test-tube, told him that the hunger would abate when he taste his donor, but now it just seemed as if it were an cruel joke since at the rate this was going, he'd never have his donor. He was all ready forty-five, young in Vampire years, but still everyone he knew had their donors. It wasn't as if they were badly treated, Vampires practically broke their backs to keep their donors content and there were the idiots who hid them away away!

He glanced up through the rain and raised an eyebrow at the redhead woman who wasn't listening to the sirens and walking, what appeared to him, aimlessly. He waited until she passed him and spoke up, "Don't you know that sound means it's curfew?"

She heard the siren and it gave her a start. What was that for? She had never heard anything like it in the underground before. She pulled her hair out of her face as she noticed the streets slowly emptying more and more. She looked up just in time not to walk into a man. His skin was extremely pale. When he spoke his voice sent chills down her spine. "C..Curfew?" She asked. She had never heard of such a thing, then again she had nothing to hide from in the underground. "I..I'm not from around here." Her scent smelt of raspberries. The wind blew and more rain fell. "D..Do you know where I can go for a safe place to stay?" She was unsure of this man, he gave her the creeps but she had no one else to turn to. Everyone else had gone inside. When the siren finally stopped she shook her head a little.

((Sorry for the shortness. Brain fart. Will have better posts as we continue.))

He tilted his head to the side as he glanced over her, she was almost as pale as one of his kin but there was an aliveness to her pale skin that his lacked. He shook his head, "Obviously, you aren't..." He ran his fingers through his hair before he shook out some of the rain, though the gesture did little as more fell down on them. He glanced around and watched as one of the patrol cars passed them, slowly, by and he looked down at the young woman again, "Follow me, unless you want to be arrested for being out, little undergrounder."

The underground left a particular smell on it's inhabitants, something softer and usually more natural than what was above-ground. He rolled his shoulders and started to walk down the street, "Keep up, now, otherwise you'll get arrested." At least he had solved his dinner problems for the evening, he thought with a pleasant smirk on his face.

She watched him closely. He didn't really look alive, but what was he? She had never come across anything with skin as pale as hers. His gesture to get the rain out of his hair seemed futile. She giggled softly but was quickly interupted with complete shock. "Arrested? For what?" She watched the patrol car out of the corner of her eye. She quickly followed behind him, he was moving so fast that she was almost at a jog just to keep pace with him. "What would they arres-Wait! How do you know I'm an undergrounder?" She stopped dead in her tracks. "I..I've never told anyone that before. Her eyes shimmered under the street lights. She walked up to him. "How did you know?"

He glanced at her over his shoulder and laughed softly, "You don't have curfews do you? It's a protection, to keep little girls like you out of harms way." He paused as she stopped and he turned to look at her before he started walking slowly backwards, "You're accent, how you act, the fact that you don't know about curfew...anything else?" He glanced over her and nodded, "How you dress even. If you know what to look for it's not that hard to tell."

He turned around again and tried to think of why she would be so pale; true undergrounders rarely got any direct sunlight so they were naturally pale, but this was...different. He couldn't shake the feeling that there was something different about her; he wouldn't put it past her to be somebodies donor, most people in the underground were on the run from that, or were hiding from the Vampires populace in general. For some reason, none of his kind could pass through the entrance to that place. Many had tried, few had actually survived it.

"Hurry up, I don't like the rain," he tossed back over his shoulder. It wouldn't be too much more walking until they were at his home in the upper west side, the area nicknamed by those in the know as "Vampirecity".

When he explained how he knew she was an undergrounder she blused. Was it really that obvious? She guessed so, she definatly didn't look like everyone else and she certainly wasn't dressed for the rain. "I..I..I guess you've met a lot of us in your day?" She asked quickly, her voice stuttering a little, she tried to make her voice sound a little stronger the next time she spoke. "How much longer are we going to be out her?" She was soaked to the bone. She finally caught up beside him. "Why are you so pale? Are you an undergrounder too? Why haven't I met you before?" She rambled for a second but blushed when she realized how many questions she was asking him.

He shook his head and glanced back over his shoulder, "No, not really. I've only met one or two of you. Most of you don't come out since you've done something illegal." He grinned, "Did you do anything illegal?"

Cassius sighed and rolled his shoulders as they passed the last of the human vestiges of the city. Vampirecity was a place of light and clubs, an all night party center is some areas and in others it was as quiet as a tomb. His 'parents' were traditional and lived in the quieter areas, but he slowed down so the girl could walk by his side. Perhaps he was slightly concerned that one of the others would mistake her for common prey; he frowned, where had that thought come from? She was just another little snack, and perhaps she was someone's donor. After he was finished with her, he'd turn her into the Council in the morning and they would do a DNA check to match her up to her Vampire and it would be all solved.

He glanced at her from the corner of his eye; she was cute, that was a plus. Eating ugly ones didn't make a difference, and he really didn't care about physical appearance, but boy would he be teased if he was caught doing it. He cast a glance around, "But no, I'm not an undergrounder, I'm just..." He smirked slightly, "Albino, if you will. It's not much further, just around the corner."

Upon turning the corner, it was if one stepped back in time; gas lamps lit the cobblestone street and Victorian houses and small townhouses lined the way. If one squinted down the road, there was a gentleman and a woman dressed as if they were apart of Victorian gentry. He turned and walked up the steps to a small townhouse, while his parents were part of the olde caste, they weren't the most rich of the those in their station. He pulled out the key, unlocked the door, and opened it, "And we are here. You may stay the night."

She followed close behind, she seemed to be losing ground on him, he was an extremely fast walker. When he asked her if she had done something illegal, she almost tripped over herself. She had never seen being a part of that society as having done something illegal, for all she knew she was being hidden from something or someone. "N...no." She stammered. "I...I was being hidden, but I don't know from what."

The city they entered was beautiful, the houses were a complete blast from the past. She had seen them in her history books, the nightlife of these sorts of places were meant to be something of giant balls, every night. She looked around trying to see everything but with it being night out her vision was not the best. She noticed that he had slowed down, she was closer to him now, but why? She watched a couple people up the street and noticed they were watching her. Could she really be seen from this far away? Then he stopped abruptly and she had to take a step back as to not pass him completely. "Here?" She asked surprised. She was amazed at the house. "This is an amazing place you have here. I've never stayed in a place like this before." She smiled up at him, the warmth of her body filling the air. "This is something I'll have to tell everyone when I go home. That my first night above ground was in a place as magnificent as this."

Cassius glanced down the road as he let the undergrounder into his home and raised his hand in return to the light wave that Lady Von Bathory gave him, as she walked arm in arm with her newest husband. He gave his one several months before he 'disappeared' like all the rest of her husbands. He reminded himself to stay far away from the devious woman; there were rumors she was the Lady Bathory, and had switched her tastes from young women to her own kind. What a leech, he thought blandly as he closed the door behind him and the girl.

His family home was modest. The door led into a hallway that, through various open arches, lead into the dining room with the bathroom off of it, sitting room and the small kitchen that was mostly unused. At the end of the hallway, there were a set of stairs that led up to the second floor and the bedrooms. Cassius' parents had left years ago to visit the olde country as it were, and have a small siesta from the toils of living in the highly regulated city. He knew that they just wanted to hunt without having to worry about cleaning up and making it look like something else had gotten a hold of their victim. He raised an eyebrow as she spoke about returning and he couldn't help but smile slightly. But it wasn't overly pleasant; he had no intention of letting her return to the underground. Perhaps he was still angry over the loss of his donor, but if he could hurt the parents of that donor he might feel, in a way, vindicated though his actions.

Unbidden, a dangerous thought rose in his mind as he let his eyes wander over the human in front of him, she would have been the right age for his donor. He tilted his head to the side and spoke softly, "Did you know, little girl, that the underground is the one place where Vampires can't tread?" He leaned against the door and locked it with a pleasant smile, "And that is where most people hiding precious things from Vampires go?"

The blond Vampire ran his fingers through his hair, smoothing back the semi-long strands as he kept the eerie smile plastered pleasantly across his pale face.

Bray walked past him and into his home, she had already been impressed by the outside that the inside of it simply blew her away. He lived here. She was absolutely amazed by the house. She wanted to wander but thought he might take offense to it. His house was beautiful. She had never seen a place like this before. The arches were so perfect she was afraid to touch anything in case she were to break it. The small kitchen was so neat and tidy, mabye they just ate out alot. "Your house is amaz-"
But she stopped mid word when he mentioned vampires, her parents had warned her about them. She'd had to study them in school in case she ever went to the surface. But she thought it a myth. Nothing more than a fairy tale. Something wasn't right though, he was watching her, his head tilted slightly to the side. What was he looking at? She blushed and pulled her hair so that it drapped around her neck, over her chest. "V...Vampires?" She stuttered. "B..but that's just a myth right? They can't be real...can they?" She looked at him closer and when she noticed how pale he was, and how empty his house seemed to be she gasped, just as his fingers went through his hair. "No...no, I can't be..." She looked around the room, panic swelling inside of her. She couldn't find an exit, he was blocking the only one. "T...they couldn't have been hiding...me? Could they?" She watched him closely, hoping that he wouldn't hurt her.

The vacant smile remained as he watched her fidget about and cover her neck. It was almost cute that she thinks that would stop him, he thought as he listened to her heart-beat quicken and the blood sing through her veins. Cassius raised an eyebrow as his smile faded away from his almost angelic face; the underground taught about them? In schools? That was something that the Council would find most interesting. If anything else it would double the efforts to find a way within the underground, or the sentries posted around to catch any undergrounder who seemed to be willing to trumpet to the world of their existence. The young Vampire understood that everyone, deep down, knew they existed but they picked more 'realistic' ways to describe the deaths that happened. His lips continued to curve downwards as she acted like a doe poised to spring away should he so much as breathe wrong.

Which he didn't, breathe, that is.

He crossed his arms over his chest and watched her for a second before he spoke languidly, "All myths have a grain of truth in them, undergrounder." Cassius pondered the merits of learning her name, but did away with that thought almost as quickly as it came. There was no need since he would be shipping her away in the morning, or even tonight if he got his bite from her. He added lightly, "But I do tend to think they were hiding you.

"Would you like to know why," he asked teasingly, a small smile twisting his face into a pixie-like expression of dark glee. However, he didn't give her the chance to respond as he plowed on. "You're most likely some poor Vampire's missing donor; your parents kidnapped you--yes, kidnapped, they had no rights to you anymore--before he or she could make it to the hospital to pick you up." His voice darkened, "And then they went to the one place we couldn't follow."

She was now terrified, but it was more than just the fear and wanting to scream. She thought her heart would simply collapse if it beat any faster than it already was. She started to back away from him as his smile dissapeared. This was it, this was when he'd attack her, she waited for it, but nothing. He was only talking to her, but his face was full of sheer glee. She wanted to know why but he answered before she could even part her lips to speak, even before her answer was in her head. Kidnapped? Seriously, her parent's had rights to her, that's how it was. She wished she was back in the underground, safe, not where this horrible monster was standing in front of her, having her cornered. She just waited for him to kill her, then she wouldn't feel anything anymore. "A...A donor?" She asked, the fear only increasing. She was something's blood tank. She shuddered and stepped back again, this time her back making contact with one of the arches. She gasped, and a small scream came from her lips. She stared at him with her eyes wide with terror. How was she gonna live through this?

He almost rolled his eyes; her terror was just so typical. Honestly, he wondered what the underground was teaching its children. Of course, it probably wouldn't be in their best interest to tell their innocent children, 'By the way, most of you are donors, and we, your parents, have taken you away from the very lap of luxury since no Vampire wants the death of their donor or any others on their hands. Which is why Vampires are bad.' That could go over just as well as a batch of lead balloons...His eyes never left her as she backed away. He waited until her back touched the arch before he moved, though he flinched back at her short scream.

Cassius tugged lightly on one of his ears and grimaced, "I don't think they heard you in Timbuktu." He frowned at her before he shortened the distance between them in two quick, militant steps. He only stopped when his nose brushed hers and he spoke softly, as if he were trying to calm her, "Now, if you fight, this could be painful for you."

He pressed a hand against her shoulder as he took a very small step back, "And I'd hate to deliver you to the Council looking banged up. Who knows you who you belong to--be just my luck if you were one of the Council's donors." He gave a lopsided smile as he tilted her head to the side, exposing her neck to him as he lowered his lips to the soft skin and murmured, "This won't hurt--much."

And he struck with the precision of a coiled cobra.

The distance he cleared seemed faster than anything she had ever seen before. It was so quick, so unreal. She hadn't even been able to react to the statement of being a donor before he was there in front of her, his nose brushing against her's. "M...My parents!? You aren't my parent, you...you MONSTER!" She shouted at him. That could be a very grave mistake but right now she didn't care. She tried to struggle against him at first but when his hand gripped her shoulder she stopped. It almost felt like she was frozen. She leaned her head as he moved it, almost too willingly it seemed. She closed her eyes and then felt his teeth sink into her skin. It felt like she was on fire. She let out a shrill of pain, her entire body tensing in his grasp.

He drank greedily as his hand slid from her shoulder to cover her mouth and drown out her shrill screams. Of course it hurt, all those writers who said otherwise had never been bitten. There was no sweet way of sticking serrated fangs into a persons neck and have it be pleasurable, despite what people were inclined to belief. But nonetheless, she didn't have to scream as if he was killing her. He'd very much like to have his hearing when he was finished with her, despite her thoughts to the contrary.

His eyes narrowed as he frowned around his meal. She tasted like nothing he had sampled before; had he been a changed Vampire, he might have had some food or drink to compare it too. But he lacked such memories and could only rely on scent, and what he could assume things tasted like based off what they smelled of. Cassius thought she tasted of strawberries and roses. It was odd and he pulled back sharply, not taking care to remove his fangs gently as he stared, wide-eyed, at her.

His lips parted and he whispered out, "Impossible." He couldn't believe it, but here before him, was his donor. And unlike how he had thought their reunion would go, all he wanted to do was hit her up side the head and knock her out for several hours while he tried to figure what what to say, do, and who to tell first.

She continued to scream even when his hand covered her mouth, muffling her voice. The pain was extremely intense, she had never felt anything like this before. She'd been cut before, the girl was a clutz, but this was different. She could feel everything inside her being pulled towards her neck and then drained into his mouth. She finally stopped screaming as she felt him pause while he had been drinking from her. Her body still twisting in his grasp, her hands balled into small fists were pressed against his chest, pushing slightly. She let out a small gasp when he pulled his teeth out of her quickly, the pain only increasing. Her hand flew up to her neck as she slumped down the wall. She was curled up against the wall, tears streaming down her face. What was impossible? She thought. She looked up at him, her blood still on his lips, but the look of horror made her realize one thing. She was his donor.

cassius stared at her for a moment longer as he considered what to do with her. As an enlightened expression dawned on her face, he took a step back and began to pace. His tongue darted out and licked away the last vestiges of her blood from his lips, and he savored the flavor. He continued to move around the room like a caged tiger as before he stopped abruptly and walked back to her, slow and steady before he knelt in front of her and stared.

He glanced, finally, towards the hand that cupped her neck protectively before he reached out, and lightly plucked her hand from her neck to survey the wound he had left behind. Bites from Vampires tended to be nasty given the barbs on their fangs that made retracting them from flesh harder than inserting them. It was a particularly good method of making sure one didn't lose one's prey, but not kind on a Donor. He hemmed slightly as he looked at the wound--surprised or not, he should have been more careful. Cassius didn't apologize though, he wouldn't, not when he was going to do it again and again. There really was no point.

He didn't let go of her hand as he stood and tugged her to her feet, "There are some band-aids and painkillers in the kitchen. They might help."

Her eyes followed him as he paced the room. He was contemplating what to do with her. She could see it in his posture, in his eyes. He was completely giving himself away, but she didn't care. She just wanted to escape. She tried to squirm back when he knelt in front of her. "Don't touch me." She mumbled when he took her hand away from her neck. She jerked it back towards her and looked down at it. It was covered in blood. She stared up at him appaled. She had never felt so much pain in all of her life. She knew this wouldn't be the last if he had what he wanted. She felt the increasing pain as she tried to stand up, she got light headed and had to reach out to the wall to hold onto. Her bloody hand holding her up left her hand print on the arch way. She stumbled towards the kitchen, hoping she'd find something to help her, and then she'd leave here. She'd get away from him forever.

He frowned as he watched her stumble into the kitchen and he walked up behind her and picked her up, cradling her to his chest. He didn't look at her as he pulled out a chair with his foot and sat her down in it, "Stay here."

Cassius went through the drawers of the kitchen quickly and pulled out a box of extra-large band-aids, topical anti-bacterial cream, and a bottle of Tylenol. He all but slammed them on the table in front of her as he muttered under his breath; he had been taught how to care of humans, every Vampire was. You wouldn't always feed to drain, that would be too many bodies to explain and too much paperwork to deal with frankly. He opened a cupboard and looked at the dusty cups and plates his parents 'had to have' and pulled a cup out before rinsing it off in the sink and filling it to the brim with water.

He pressed it to her hand, "Drink that slowly." He tilted her head slightly to the side to look again at the wound, the blood wasn't rushing out so there was no worry, but the sluggish pace could be a problem. He sighed and started to wipe off the blood with a washcloth he grabbed from next to the sink; he had never been more thankful for his parents need to appear as human as possible before. He didn't speak as he applied pressure to the wound before he glanced up at her, "What is your name?"

A small shrill escaped her lips but only caused more pain in her neck as he picked her up and set her in the chair. The fast movements making her a little dizzy. She tried to look around the room and as she did she noticed all the materials to clean her wound were right in front of her. She went to reach for the tylonol when he placed the water in her hand. She sipped at it lightly. "W..Why are you helping me?" She asked. He was suddenly helping her, he was making sure this wound that he gave her wouldn't kill her. She knew she was his donor, that was all too apparent now. She shuddered at the thought of going through the pain again. "B..Bray." She whispered. She took another sip of the water as she let him look at her wound and address it as needed. "H..How do you know so much about humans?"

He pulled the washcloth back and nodded as it seemed that it had stopped the blood flow. He looked at the cleaned wound and frowned at it deeply before he relaxed. He hadn't, as he had first worried, torn open her artery just aggravated it to the point that it would be a small problem, but not one that would need stitches--a blessing indeed. He paused in opening the anti-bacterial cream, which he noted actually had a mild numbing agent in it, and answered her, "I'm helping you because you're my Donor." He sighed and tended to his bite as he explained the situation to her, "Being a Donor, Bray, despite how ominous it sounds has it's perks. You are a cherished person in a Vampire household. Every Vampire has one Donor, very rarely do they have more than one, and we'll do anything to keep them safe and to the best of our ability, happy."

He lightly brushed the cream over the wound before he wiped the excess on his pants to fiddle with the band-aids, "As for knowing so much? We all get taught how to patch up humans, though you should be able to heal faster than most humans. It's actually genetically programmed into you...? At least that was how I understood it."

Cassius paused for a moment and looked at her and brushed some of her red hair from her cheeks, "Though, at this point, you shouldn't worry too much about that, Bray. You're going to need to rest tonight..."

The coolness of the wash cloth against the wound seemed to sooth it a bit. At least it did until he pulled it away, the air hitting it made her wince. The tears still streamed down her cheeks, the fear still over riding every other emotion she could possibly decifer at the moment. She felt his hand touch her wound with the cream, and after a moment or so she began to feel less and less pain. She sighed in releif, but it was only a small amount of relief. She at least wasn't so tense now.

"Perks?" She asked lightly. She was a cherished person? That didn't seem logical, but then again, he was tending to her ever need right now. He wanted to keep her happy, safe, and his. She could be good with 2 of the three things. "G...Genetically programmed?" She rolled her eyes and leaned back against the chair trying to clear her mind. "Seriously this day could not get any worse." She muttered under her breath just as she heard lightning crack the sky. That wasn't a good sign. She looked up at him when he told her not to worry, that she'd be resting tonight. But where?

He made a noise that didn't answer anything before he took one of the band-aids and pulled off the paper before pressing one of the ends gently on the bruised skin around her bite-mark, taking care that the absorbent part of the band-aid was in the right place. He repeated it with a second band-aid until both marks were covered before he leaned back. "Donors, if I remember right," he didn't look like he remembered too well but nonetheless he tired to explain it to the best of his abilities, "Have a genetic marker, it's a recessive gene--both of your parents had to have had it, which is why when they got married they were put on a list. That list pointed out potential donor-parents."

He paused, "With me so far? It's not a gender specific trait so it isn't one the X or Y chromosome, I think." leaned back in his chair, tipping it on the back legs as he considered what else was necessary to say. "As for the perks...I'm in my mid-forties, I don't look a day over 20." He gave a charming smile before he continued, "And I have a job, given that I don't eat or pay taxes, I just buy books and clothes, I have a great deal saved up. My parents have even more."

"You'll be well-taken care of," he tapped the bracelet on his wrist, "You'll get a bracelet with a gem in it, I think Donors have Obsidian, and that will allow you to stay out passed curfew if you would like. It will also offer you almost absolute protection with my kind."

Cassius stopped and glanced at the ceiling, "Now that you're here I may have to consider moving out of my parents' home when they get back..." He managed to sound annoyed, amused, and happy all at once.

Back
Top Bottom