Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

(FluffyPuppy77) Rebirth in the Dungeon (Tox_the_Jew)

Tox_the_Jew

Planetoid
Name:
Species:
Armor:
Weapons:
Magical Abilities:
Other:

FTAsiTpVUAE9Oxm.jpg
Name: Ari Levi'in
Species: Hybrid (dog)
Armor:
In pic
(No helmet)
Weapons: Daggers, flintock pistols
Magical Abilities: Dark magic, ice magic, lightning magic
Other: None

demon.jpg
Name: Ethan Heskel
Species: Human (prior to Dungeon) / Human-Monster Hybrid (post-Dungeon)
Armor:
View: https://i.imgur.com/LFprHkP.jpg

Weapons: Longsword
Magical Abilities: Dark magic, fire magic, earth magic
Other: None​

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 10.15.21 PM.png
Name: Anna Goldbloom
Species: Cherry Tree Nymph
Armor:
-If in a forest, any tree will allow her to absorb in like water
- If else where, bark like skin will chip away. (As long as her petal like heart survives, she will rebloom)
Weapons:
-If in a forest, trees and vines are whips
-If not forest, a thorn like whip(belt)
Magical Abilities:
-Uses all wood like objects like a doorway; floors, wall, trees
Other:
Needs water and sun every day or she begins to wilt.​

Darkness was all around them. Other than a few torches that adorned the wall could they see a bit further than where they stood. It had all been quiet before another brood of monsters came. Each wave of monsters became more and more powerful. “Run!” The hybrid could hear the masculine voice of Ethan. With what little energy he had left, Ari took off running towards the entrance. He looked back to see Ethan being bitten by one of the monsters. The human let out a painful scream…

It didn’t take Ari long to wake up from the repeating nightmare. Based on how dry his throat felt, he must have been screaming in his sleep. He slowly sat up from his sleeping position to look around the camping area. The fire’s embers were set low and the morning mist was beginning to set in, which led Ari to believe it was pretty early in the morning.

The hybrid rubbed at his face and attempted to rub away the cold sweat that had accumulated on his forehead. He then wrapped his arms around his legs and leaned his chin onto his knees. What are we doing here? After the failure in the dungeon, Anna and Ari had a silent agreement to never step close to the dungeon… but here they were. Only a mile away from the monstrous pit that had taken their friend from them. “Why?” He muttered quietly. They would not have to go into the dungeon themselves, but they were being sent to scout the area. Supposedly a powerful monster known by many as “the Demon Lord” had been seen leaving the dungeon, which was unheard of amongst monsters from the dungeons. Dungeon monsters could not survive outside of their environment, which made this monster all the more elusive and possibly dangerous.

Last edited:
“You had it again too, didn’t you?” A soft whisper seemed to resonate around the white haired elf. The source of the voice seemed to come from what seemed to be a log nearby. It rolled on its own though; and from the trunk like shape sat a young woman, the bark like brown fading in to a light pink skin. Jewel decorated hands move to gently touch her friends head, tucking some of his short hair behind the ear she saw.
“We can just go back and say no. No is a viable word. The trees even fear being grown there...... we don’t have to go back.” Her voice still a whisper to him as she shifted her knees to be behind him. “You need more rest, Ari... the dungeon will; sadly; still be there later...” hands surrounded his ears now as she tried to lead his body back down to rest on her lap, but he was being stubborn.

The hybrid stiffened at the question, knowing she would be concerned if he answered honestly. He knew that she already had a hard time herself that he didn't need to add his pressure to her own. He hesitated slightly for a second before nodding at her question. Ari could've lied, but what good would it do? He had a hard time lying to the nymph and she could see right through him. The tips of his ears began to burn slightly when he felt her hand tuck some of his messy hair behind his ear.

"I know, but... it feels like something we should do. At least for closure." He choked out, his vision began to get a little misty. His lips became dry when he felt her pulling him on his back. He really didn't want her to see him like this, his grayish-green eyes were currently holding back tears. He was determined to not let her look at him, stiffening his back. He heard her spoke and gave a slight nod. He could feel the warmth of the palm of her hands against his ears and it honestly made him feel more comfortable. However, he still didn't want to her to see him for the mess he was at the moment. After a few seconds of prodding, he reluctantly leaned back but not before he covered the top of his face with one of his hands.

Last edited:
“You don’t need to hide, Ari. It’s alright to cry over the loss still.” A gentle brushing of what little hair was uncovered by his hand and she let him do as she pleased. She had known Ari since she first bloomed back in his home garden, she hadn’t ever not trusted her friends judgement. Yet he seemed always to hide his tears even when he was little. Their friend.. their lost one had more emotions to show for the world and he was gone far too soon. “We know he bade you carry me and he in turn took the attack, need we not be reminded by being sent here?”

Ari stiffened when he heard Anna speak. The hybrid seemed to be mulling about what she had said, but his hand finally moved away and landed at his side. A few tears had made their way out of his eyes. "You know, you don't have to coddle me... right?" The hybrid couldn't help but pout, which probably didn't help his case. However the look on his face told her that he didn't want her to stop. He was honestly so much trouble and in the back of his mind he wasn't sure why Anna put up with him. "I know, I know. I just wonder if I could've done something different. May Eth... May he could've survived." His words came out choked. He somehow doubted that he could've done anything differently, but that didn't make him feel better. "If I hadn't been so insistent on us doing the dungeon. We wouldn't have lost him." This time the tears were a lot more heavy and streamed down his face. He felt pathetic because Anna was the stronger one emotionally and was the one comforting him. He felt pathetic because he couldn't even protect one of his closest friends.

Ethan had left the dungeon yet again in the search for food. While the meat he received from the monster had quickened his recovery and provided enough nutrition, it wasn't sustainable and could be lethal. The area outside of the dungeon wasn't the best for looking for food. Most of nature seemed to be fearful of the dungeon. No animals would graze around the area and not a single plant seemed to grow in the area. This meant that the man would have to hunt and gather a bit away from the area. As he made his way north, he couldn't help but smell two familiar scents. Ethan began wracking his brain, trying to figure out the scent. Then an image popped into his mind of two individuals: a cute brown-and-white haired dog hybrid and an exotic redheaded nymph. It can't be.

Last edited:
"It was money we needed. We would have been ok if I hadn't burned." playing her friends hair some more, Anna was watching with full wariness about the dying fire. She was a tree, it was far more deadly for her. "It would have been worse if we stayed." there was a scar in her bark like armor that she knew Ari knew about, and she would keep well away from the torches in their hunt later, as normal.
"And Im not coddling you, Ari, I never give in to your crazy ideas.... all the time. This is comfort." she whispered, covering his eyes for him so he felt just a bit safer.

"We could've gotten money some other way. I thought we were these big, awesome adventurers who can handle anything." Ari stared up into Anna's crimson eyes. Her delicate, warm hand was gently placed over his eyes. It was such a small gesture, but it did make Ari feel more comfortable. "I should've been stronger." He muttered as he felt himself starting to fall asleep.

However, a sound in the distance reached his ears that caused him to shoot right up. It wasn't like the sounds of a monster or an animal. It was distinctly... humanoid. "Something is coming in our direction... no, it's heading right for us." He unbuttoned the sheath on his boots that contained his daggers. "Anna..." He whispered as his eyes landed on a rather large figure that only stood several yards away from them. It was still rather hard to see anything but the outline of the giant humanoid. With his daggers ready to go, he reached for one of his pistols. Whatever this thing was, it radiated strength and it was heading straight for the two adventurers.

"Well, well, well." It chirped with a deep voice. Now they could see the glowing blue eyes of the creature. Something about the voice rang familiar to Ari and the hybrid froze solid. "If it isn't my old friends." It murmured and stepped a few feet closer. Now they could see the entire being. "E... Ethan?" Ari stared at man, completely shell shocked. "In the flesh." Ethan gave a dark smirk at the two. "What's with the silence? I would think my two good friends would be happy to see me." Ethan prodded, the same smirk remained spread across on his face. Ari was completely speechless: his lips would move as if he were trying to say something, but no words seemed to be coming from his mouth. "Well I shouldn't be shocked by the two "good friends" who abandoned me to say anything meaningful." Ethan's expression sour at the phrase "good friends," as if he had taken a bite of rotting fruit. "H-How are you alive?" The hybrid took a step closer towards the man. "Well, after I was left to fend for my self. I managed to escape the hordes. I would've starved to death if I had not... taken drastic measures." The dark-haired man spoke.

Last edited:
The man on her lap had been closer to her then Ethan was, and she had told the other as such. She was a Nymph and a rare beauty at that whom left her tree all the way. She left it to keep a better eye on the child that would cry under her branches and would build mud huts and decorate the top with her blooms and sticks. Ari was her little charge, though older then her by true birth years, She was a wise little Sakura tree.
Her petting stopped at his sudden sitting; she was a tree, she felt the disturbance before she heard it. With a quiet blink of her eyes, she saw the morning light catch the shape that... quite surely shouldn’t have been.
Keeping mouth quiet as she let the two men talk it out, she rose to a stand on Ari’s sleeping mat. She had not once forgotten their friend- but to Ari he had been dead and a wounded Anna had become for front.
Do you not think we went back to look once I could move again? We found only scraps of your bag and pant leg.” If he dared think that tone was the correct to use... then he was mistaken- she would not have him putting down some one who was literally woken up by a nightmare of the night.

Ari would've ran to hug the man if he had not been left so shocked. He took a few steps closer towards the man. His eyes stared at him wide-eyed, as if blinking would make him disappear. "Ooph, Anna. Still so cold. Shouldn't you be happy I'm alive?" Ethan grinned. "Sh-she's right. We tried so hard to find you." Ari looked like he was about to break down. However, Ethan just stared the hybrid down. He suddenly moved forward and grabbed the hybrid by the throat. He then lifted him to eye-level. "Ugh!" The hybrid grasped at the man's hand.

(Sorry on phone.)

Last edited:
"No!" Anna had a storm of vines to surround her hands as she grasped on to the man that 'used' to be their friend. "Why!? Why do you wish him harm!?" Her voice was absolutely shaking at the sight of her Ari dangling.
This was not their Ethan. Their friend truly died if this 'husk' was trying to harm Ari. They were so close!
"Do let go now! Please!!!" The Sakura Nymph pleaded as she tried with hands and vines to remove the grip that was around the elf neck. This wasn't fair! He came back only to harm them?! If he wanted a fight she would fight him, but she wanted her friend back first.

Last edited:
With his free, Ethan summoned a ball of fire. This would possibly critically wound either Anna or Ari if they made a wrong move. "Ethan, please. Don't." Ethan stared into Ari's eyes. He expected almost for his friend's eyes to be begging, but instead they stared at Ethan with a mixture of sadness and empathy. As if the hybrid truly understood how he felt. It perplexed the taller man and he slowly lowered the hybrid so he could stand on his feet. His firm grip had softened, which allowed Ari to inhale a much needed breath. "Why didn't you come for us?" Ari asked, his eyes pleading for an answer. "You abandoned me." The dark-haired man muttered, his voice was barely audible. "We didn't." The hybrid slowly placed a hand on one of the man's cheeks. The man stiffened at the touch, but slowly rolled his face into it. It had been a long time since he actually touched someone, so his body was hungry for the attention. "I would really run away from me." He warned his friends. "Why is that?" The hybrid asked, his thumb rubbing a gentle circle around Ethan's cheek.

Last edited:
Quick to reach and rub Ari's neck, it was only a short thing as the elf had moved to hold their once friends face. To this, Anna stepped away. There was still fire in the creatures hand and she wasn't comfortable with even feeling its powerful heat. Ethan had made Ari happy, Anna was here to keep him safe and happy too. Ari was her family.... Ethan lost that when he attacked him.
"Ari.... we cant trust him.... hes just a husk..." she whispered to her white haired friend.

"Because I could easily kill you both." Ethan growled his eyes narrowing at Ari. The hybrid didn't seem to be intimidated by the threat and gave him an arched eyebrow. If Ari was anything, he was brave. The hybrid turned towards Anna and could tell that the nymph was a bit stressed by the fire. In fact, he found it to be a low blow and would have to scold Ethan later for it. He place his hand towards the flames and allowed a bit of his own ice magic to whittle away at the flame. Ethan didn't try to reactivate the flame. He wasn't the patient sort when he was human, so it was a bit surprising. "He is not a husk. He was, or still is, our friend." Ari answered Anna.

"You know she's right. I could kill you at any moment. Hell, I could kill her in front of you and you wouldn't be able to do anything about it." It was almost as if Ethan wanted them to believe he was a monster. Ari then turned his attention toward Ethan, pulling his hand away from the man slightly. Knew that would scare him. Ethan thought, internally smirking. Ari then striked the man with a heavy slap across his face. Ethan stood there, completely flabbergasted by what the hybrid had done. "Fucking idiot. I find it hard to believe you've changed at all. You're still such a dumbass and I don't think a monster would be quite as stupid." Ari would probably regret saying this and slapping him, but he felt the need to knock some sense into his friend. Ethan just continued to stare at him bewilderedly, a hand going up to feel the stinging mark that was left by his hybrid friend. "Y-You should be afraid me! Why aren't you afraid?" The man seethed. "Because if you were an actual monster, you would've attacked us on sight." Ari rolled his eyes. "Such a dumbass." He placed his his hand on the man's face again, making sure to be gentle with where his slap had landed.

Last edited:
Despite the hand no longer holding fire, the Tree Nymph stayed well away from the pair. She let them have their moment and looked away but her hands now hovered over the thorny brambles that had sprouted; like an owner and pet, she stroked one and had it curl up; ready to punch out like a weapon if any harm were in her direction or her Ari's.
Her Ari's? No? Yes? Both? Both. Ari was his own being, able to pick what he wished. Yet her protective nature since his young age had her calling him hers' for the sake of her care of his wounds over the bast many years.
Wounds this BEAST should not be entitled to know about.
Anna would not like this creature... one that took Ethan's face. Had the thing talked and not attack... maybe some trust. But the fire and the strangling lost any hope.

(Sorry. Here is my response lol.)
Ethan watched the hybrid with a curious gaze. He leaned into the other man's hand, enjoying the cool feeling that came from it. It also came with Ari's scent and it kind of lulled Ethan. The touch combined with Ari's scent gave Ethan a sensation that shot through him. It was... lust. Ethan wanted nothing more than to mark and claim the other man as his. Ethan would admit that he was attracted to Ari and was pretty infatuated in the past. However, now it was like his body demanded he lay claim to the other hybrid.

Ethan's breath had quickened, which Ari picked up on. "Ethan, are you okay?" The hybrid gave the man a concerned look and he moved his hand to the other man's forehead. "I..." It almost felt like his brain was short-circuiting. The human-monster hybrid's hands grasped at Ari's hips and he lowered his head to rest on the hybrid's shoulder. He turned his nose towards the brown and white haired man's neck and gently breathed the scent in. Ari was mainly shocked by the man's embrace. It wasn't like he had never hugged Ethan before, but this felt... different. Something about it honestly made Ari feel... embarrassed? No that wasn't quite the right word. Flustered was honestly a better word. "Ethan?" His voice full of concern for the other man.

Last edited:
The thorns by her hands shook and hardened as they were sent as a leash to their 'once' friend's neck, tugging him away the best they could. "No. You do dont get to do that! You attack him, you threaten me. You are not our friend." Her tone firm as her brown bark armor slid over her arms like a new skin. "You do not get to come back to us after doing that. After looking like a monster. You Are To LEAVE. We have a job, Ari."

Ethan was surprised by the thorns that were now wrapped around his neck. He reached with his hand and attempted to burn them with his fire magic. Ari turned to look at Anna with a shocked expression. "Anna, please stop. He isn't going to hurt me." The hybrid begged the nymph. The white-haired man knew he had to do something, otherwise both of them would kill each other. "Anna, please. I want things to go back to the way they were. Before I made the stupid mistake of making us go into that dungeon." He cast his face down at the ground.

Ethan had managed to burn away the leash and watched the hybrid with a careful gaze. "Anna, you need to tell him." The man's gaze was serious and informed the woman that she needed to confess. "Tell me what?" The hybrid turned to look back at the taller man. "The reason why she... we follow you, The reason why she wants to kill me right now." Ethan smirked, but his gaze remained serious. "I don't understand." Ari mumbled, looking back and forth between the two.

Last edited:
Her armor shifted darker as she made it tighter to her body. A huffy face at the burning thorns as she looked to the beast in the dying fire light. "I follow him because I watched you grow up. You might not remember that. But you were Two while my Sakura tree was just planted. I follow you to keep you safe. To make sure you finish growing and not go before your time. I do not know what he's on about. BUT THAT TOUCH WAS NOT OF FRIENDSHIP." Her tone even as she kept an eye on the thing that once was their friend. To the last she was warning him to not attempt that type of thing again. She really was un sure of what Ethan meant.

Ethan watched the nymph with a curious gaze. She had even managed to see the reason why he had held the hybrid. Even before becoming a monster hybrid, she had always been able to read Ethan like a book. "Those are only effects caused by the actual reason." He moved towards Ari and Anna. "Anna, Ari is no longer a child. He needs to know why we follow him. Why I want to touch him and why you got jealous when I did that to him." He smirked yet again. "What do you mean?" The hybrid asked, his eyes wide and unsure.

Last edited:
Thorns once again in her command as they wrapped her wrists like gloves. "Ari. Trees need to spread. How do they do that?" Hoping by some chance the rather clueless pup would solve her own embarrassing talk on his own. Why Ethan needed him, That was not something she knew. What she did, was she didnt want to share her charge with that monster... "GO. AWAY."

Last edited:
"Trees... spread... I don't understand." The young hybrid shifted his head to the side, confused by the statement. "Neither do I." Ethan joked with a small smirk. He seemed to enjoy teasing Anna. "You need to be a bit more direct, otherwise he's not going to understand." Ethan wrapped an arm around Ari's waist and pulled him, watching Anna with a careful gaze. Ari didn't know what to make of Ethan's affection, but he didn't seem to dislike it. Ethan kind of liked it and wanted to see how far he could go. He gently blew into the other man's pointed dog ear. causing it flicker slightly. "Ethan!" The young man whined and attempted to push the man's chin up. Ethan chuckled playfully and let the smaller male push his chin up. "Still easily flustered when his ears are involved." He chuckled.

The whips split the monsters cheek as it rushed by him. "GET OFF OF MY ARI!" her words had thorns now as a heavy stomp sent an old stump up between the two boys. "SEEDS, Ari. Trees spread by seeds. YOU Ethan. CAN NOT HAVE HIM." The poor Sakura Nymph was just as pure as the day she was planted, just as her Ari was. Ethan, she did not know- not any more any way. But she still knew by instinct what tree and other things needed in order to keep their kind alive. She had held off MANY seasons at this point, hoping at least her Ari would have some knowledge at some point. As kind as he was though, the boy was just as naive as a child.

Back
Top Bottom