Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Suggestion Label/mark for where the Roleplayers go to play

Blazorna

At parity with pears...
If this is possible, could we have something like a telltale mark or background coloring for request threads for if the Roleplay is to be on-site via PMs and threads or off-site for like Discord, Instant Messaging, etc?

It's difficult sometimes as they're often mixed up, plus they're not always labeled in the title so hopefuls who are interested would only be disappointed if the poster does the opposite platform they want, going in without knowing that.

I think that tags would be the most common suggestion for this. Like, you can put your choices in your tags.
I know that others have also asked for similar options in the past for things like the types of roleplays and such.
Best we can do is likely hope that people make it easy to find in their RT or Titles, as well as use tags?

But I like the idea, too. ^^

It would certainly make things easier instead of browsing through a great idea only to find the player wants to play through some means of communication you are not open to using for roleplay.

That is a good idea. I rarely check here as I've had bad experiences on other message boards in the past, and as such I forget to check back which probably makes a few people upset with me. I don't mean to do so, I'm more than likely on Discord than anything else honestly.

Like I can use boards if I remember to check back. And so far people have been friendly here, so I shouldn't really have the irrational fear of angry DMs or the like.

Of course that said, I'll edit the appropriate RT with where I prefer to roleplay, but I can make exceptions if potential partners don't have or prefer Discord, etc.

I think that tags would be the most common suggestion for this. Like, you can put your choices in your tags.
I know that others have also asked for similar options in the past for things like the types of roleplays and such.
Best we can do is likely hope that people make it easy to find in their RT or Titles, as well as use tags?

But I like the idea, too. ^^
I'm starting to think offering and encouraging tags is just ill fated, and that they will never really work unless they're built into the core experience of making a request thread. Far more likely to get people to use them if
- there's predefined options in drop boxes
- they're not just plopped on a single line with no system to it
- they show in the quick thread maker
- Whatever comes of this being absolutely foolproof to use

It's a tall order, but I think a site that gets that down on a per-request basis and regurgitates it as a clean form will do a better job of delivering the essentials. Yep, I just proposed some heavy custom config, don't mind me.

Back
Top Bottom