Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Crimson Blade Academy

"I say we scan the colony from orbit before we do anything else. Just because the colony doesn't respond to communication attempts doesn't mean it's empty. It could be anything and as much as I do love a challenge I also like to breathe and y'know ... live."
Aoura paused and took a breath.
"It could as I said be anything, a virus could have killed the entire population, or it could be infested with some kind of flesh eating critters, or anything inbetween. As for lights," she said and looked at Lillian.
"If it is a complete black out and there is no auxiliary power source that has started automatically we can also assume there is no breathable air, or heat for that matter. You will need at least a mask unless we can somehow find a survival suit to match the size of your larger forms."

She finished her sandwich as she looked around at the other three, letting her eyes eventually land on Z who was after all the captain.
"Then there is of course the matter of the other team heading for High Hill. We don't know what they might know about what happened and we certainly do not know why they are there, to investigate, rescue or simply to blow the whole thing to oblivion to cover up whatever happened there. Did we get any info at all on the competition before we took off?"
The question was aimed directly at Z.

As everyone gave their own part, Lillian listened while studiously adding notes as she did when meeting with the Masters. "If power is a problem, I should be able to restart it without much issue. I don't think it'd come to that, or the problem couldn't be organic. Too many complications without power. Scanning from Orbit should be good to get a layout, though." She nods towards Aoura as she says as much. After the mention of competition, Lillian nods. "Info on them would be pretty useful. Also, if push comes to shove, we could probably cause them problems in actively searching the area if we can find any of the maintenance areas. If I'm able to gain access, I could potentially lock them out. Just an option, and partially helpful towards our main objective, too."

She then looks to Z, ready to take more notes on the team's competitors.

y1QuWjX.jpg
That’s a good point,” Z agreed with Aoura as she pointed out some of the things Z had quickly overlooked. Sure, Z might have thought of doing a fly over or locking their enemy out on her own, but it was nice to know her team was full of thinkers. “Well start with a quick fly over and go from there. Once we are sure it’s safe to land, we’ll try to find some where Lillian can gain access to the mine’s computer systems so we can try and figure out what happened. It’s a good idea to be weary when we arrive, but during the fly over we should be able to figure out if the air is breathable. Unless anyone has anything else, lets get ready and relax for the rest of the trip. We’ll reconvene in the cockpit when we come out of lightspeed,” Z told her team, as they finished discussing their plan and pitching their ideas. While she waited for them to reach their destination, Z worked on her bow and got a little nap in.

When their ship came out of lightspeed it wasn’t above HighHill like it was supposed to, instead the planet was still just a ball on the horizon. “What just happened,” Z exclaimed as she had been sitting in the cockpit getting ready, then the ship had mysteriously been forced out of lightspeed. Checking the computer, Z could see that they were still a few parsecs out from HighHill. “Aoura, start flying us in, while we try and figure out what just happened,” Z told her companion, either over the radio of over her shoulder if she too was in the cockpit when they had been brought prematurely out of lightspeed.

The Enlightened:

Extremely little is known about the Enlightened, but they are the enemy our team will be facing on HighHill. Their technology is even more advanced than anything the super powers of the galaxy wield. One piece of technology they have gives them the ability to cut off lightspeed drives, which is what has brought our team out of lightspeed early and made it impossible for anyone to escape their attack. This weapon also slows down light beam communication which is what planets use to communicate. More to come as we get closer to HighHill.

After the tactical meeting Aoura first did another check to make sure everything was as it should and calculated that they should be arriving at High Hill as planned. She then retreated to one of the bedrooms where she instead of taking a nap sank into a deep state of Yun Fa'ah, a form of meditation common among the monks at the temple of K'ha, Dolaria's largest religious centre. It was a state where every function of the body slowed down to almost nothing and allowed the consciousness to wander freely, and for the body to heal and recover. There were monks that had perfected this practice to the point where they very nearly had shed the confines of their bodies and could not only communicate with others but also travel to remote places in their mind. Aoura was far from that accomplished but she found it restful and gave her a sharp focus once she exited the state which she did when they were less than an hour away from their destination.

When the ship was not only pulled out of warp but also brought to a complete stop she was making preparations for taking manual control of the ship again.
"What in the name of ..." she muttered when the ship stopped dead.
Almost every light on the control panels in front of her were going off and for about a minute nothing seemed to work except for the automated life-support systems. Even the weapons, shields and scanners were off line. They were sitting ducks had anyone wanted to engage them. Once she had started to regain control over the ship's systems she began checking everything for any clue as to what had happened but none of the systems seemed to have actually failed. They had simply just stopped working for a couple of minutes. She would not have been able to explain what had happened had anyone asked. Perhaps Lillian would be more successful as she was the one among the four who was most proficient with technology.
"Could you check the mainframe Lillian," Aoura asked through the ship wide intercom.
"Look for any anomaly, however small and seemingly insignificant."

With that she restarted the sub warp engines and without any prior warning pushed the accelerator to the max. There was something about the whole incident that had unnerved her and she wanted to get moving again as fast as possible.
"Are you thinking what I'm thinking Z?" she asked after having rolled the ship and chosen a course that would eventually bring them to their location from the back rather than approaching it from the direction their original course had been set to.
"Someone doesn't want us to get to High Hill before they're finished with whatever they are planning to do there," she elaborated.

Kiryuu sighed boredly as she sat down, “ least I can go on a damn rampage....my forms are adapted enough for most environments accept really really extreme stuff unless you mean there’s like acidic air there or something. ” not really caring much as she would mostly let everyone else do whatever just being the offense and the general muscle for anything else really.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom