Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Not Your Average Teen Pop Star [MsBloom x DarkDreamer9110]

As Andi explained, Cassie shrugged. "I don't think wanting equal rights, respect, and acceptance for all makes me special. I just have a platform I can use that's given me a chance to reach a large audience. I have a duty to use that platform to push for change and raise awareness. The album idea, it just feels right."

As the suggestions began, Cassie listened to the song Andi suggested, but flinched almost immediately. When it ended, she frowned. "I don't know. It's kinda ... slow." Her voice, however, showed more concern than just for the tempo.

Suddenly, she smiled, and pulled out her own phone, quickly pulling up a video. "This is a really old home movie my parents and I made once. This was basically how I ... how I came out to them, or at least how I opened up that subject for discussion."

The video was an old one, and from the quality it had likely been digitally transferred from a videocassette. It was at a birthday party, and there was a karaoke machine. With some prodding from a 12-year-old Ellie, a 12-year-old Cassie (then known by her birth name Austin) took the microphone and pulled up a song. What followed was a rendition of "Reflection" from Disney's animated Mulan, but there were points where the preteen clearly altered the lyrics whenever a gender-specific term was used, changing "bride" to "groom," "daughter" to a painfully stretched, two-syllable "son," and so on.

When it was done, she smiled at Ellie. "You helped the whole thing. As I recall, the Disney karaoke machine was your idea." She said. "I know it's a long shot, but I want to do that cover/cut professionally. 'Reflection' was a song that really spoke to me. Hell, that whole movie actually made me first start questioning my gender identity." She said.

Last edited:
Seeing Cassie's reaction, and Ellie's as well, to the song she had suggested she realised her mistake. That first line made it obvious that the song was between a man and a woman, not two teenage girls. She had been more focused on the lines sung by the female voice, especially the phrase Learn from us very much, which she had intended to be a statement made by the duo that love comes in many forms and that people out there should recognise that fact rather than frown at anything outside the heterosexual norm that still prevailed even if it was starting to slowly dissolve with each new generation challenging it. She gave the girls an apologetic smile and put away her phone to focus on what Cassie was about to show her.

Ellie giggled as the video started. It was no more than five years ago but they were so young and it was so weird to see Cassie as Austin, not that Ellie had seen her as Austin for years even at that time.
"Oh please," she said and covered her eyes at the sight of the two of them.
She bit her bottom lip and looked at herself on the video, tight black jeans, a pale blue Hello Kitty t-shirt and her bright red hair in an uneven bob cot with one half hanging down to almost cover her face, on top of that she had a childishly silly grin on her face all through the song and simply couldn't stop looking at her friend, who was about to become more than that shortly after.

"Well someone had to push you to do it," she said when Cassie mentioned that the whole thing had been her idea.
It was unclear though whether she meant coming out to her parents, to Ellie's mum and a select few of their friends from school, or just the singing.

Cassie smiled back at Andi and nodded to show it was okay. She giggled at Ellie's reaction to the video, then chuckled. "And I'm happy you did." She said in response to needing the push. Although, in truth, another part of the equation had been that she had been starting to hit puberty and that had been like a ticking clock, driving her to get the truth out before biology made the transition harder.

She looked at Andi. "If we do a different cut of that song you suggested, tweak the lyrics, maybe we can make it work." She said.

"And there is one other cover I would like to do. Hannah Montana's Rock Star. I mean, I am a rock star."

"I'm happy I did too," Ellie said and leaned over to kiss Cassie.
"We don't have to," she added to Cassie's comment about the song Andi had suggested, even if she already had changed the word straight to great in her head.
Sure back in the day when the song was written, like before their parents were even born, straight might have simply meant sober or having ones act together but it could also be very much misinterpreted today, especially if the two of them performed the song.
"Who would sing which part?" she asked and looked at Andi who gave her a smile.
"I think that would be up to you two of course but I can totally hear you singing the male part with Cassie doing the female part."
Ellie nodded pensively. She still didn't like the idea of sharing the spotlight with Cassie in such an obvious way. She was saved by Cassie putting forth yet another suggestion for covers to do live.

She nodded and said that in a sense it went well together with the rest of their original songs.
"How about Pink's Stupid Girls?" Ellie suggested.
"Or maybe Get the Party Started to open with?"

Hearing that Andi had envisioned Cassie singing the female part and Ellie the male one brought a smile to Cassie's lips, and she nodded at the further suggestions. "Definitely love the options." She agreed. "And I just had another idea. Once we have the songs done for the trans concept album, and once that's a success, I have three words for the next project: Trans-themed jukebox musical." She proclaimed brightly. "Think kinda like RENT except not so much about AIDS, modern day, and featuring my music. I'd have a role in the cast, as well. Probably starring."

Last edited:
This was one of the things Ellie had always loved about Cassie, her passion and her ideas. A musical based on music not yet written was an excellent idea, although when Ellie envisioned it it became more of a rock opera they could tour with.
"And we could offer some of the trans people that contribute to the lyrics parts in it as well, maybe like, playing themselves."

And so the lunch went on and the time to face the suits was approaching. Ellie knew that Cassie would have it all together but she still dreaded the idea of having to get their music approved by people who saw a different kind of notes than they did, i.e. dollar bills rather than musical notes. She would have liked to have Andi along too for some leverage and experience with dealing with suits but the meeting was just for the two of them.

Cassie nodded. "I figure there could be some bits with a support group that would be good for stuff like that.

The idea of a touring rock opera stage show version piqued her interest, and she nodded emphatically. "Beautiful and brilliant, babe."

Finally, as they finished their lunch, Cassie sighed. "Time to head back and sell those old farts my magnum opus." She said, obviously not looking forward to it. The suits were always kind of difficult. Hell, they had almost backed out of the deal when she'd first disclosed that she was transgender to them. But she had proven popular already, and she knew how to sell them an idea that could only mean more money.

Cassie's and Ellie's career had begun on various social media outlets such as YouTube, where they had posted more or less elaborate videos of what can only be described as demo versions of songs they would later record for the album, and had had a small but faithful group of followers who promoted their videos on other platforms as well, and their fanbase grew slowly but certainly. It had basically been just the two of them and a fairly simple music program on Ellie's computer. It was how Andi had found them and convinced the suits to sign them for a two album five singles deal but even with Andi's endorsement it had almost gone wrong when the suits found out Cassie had not been born a girl. It had taken even more convincing and in the end Ellie believed it was the argument that signing Cassie would show them as a progressive and modern record company who was embracing a new world were gender was no longer as binary as it had seemed to be up until very recently. They had still hesitated but then Andi had reminded them about some old story about Decca rejecting The Beatles because as they had said: guitar bands are out.
Parlophone had then snatched them up and once the hype was on the A&R manager at Decca was fired. None of the suits that eventually signed Cassie's contract wanted to make a similar mistake and then realise they had missed the next big thing.

Still, there was tension every time the two teen girls went up to the offices of the recording company for contractual meetings and to present the progress of their album but so far they had gotten a green light on everything they had done without being asked to change too much. There had been the occasional debate regarding some of Cassie's more outspoken lyrics but the suits had backed down every time. This was their baby though and there could be no compromise about it. Ellie even suggested not releasing it at all if the suits wanted to change a syllable or a single note, maybe even if they suggested it should be edited down to a more comfortable single length of about four, maybe five minutes at the most.
"We'll just do what we did before. Make a live video of it and post it on YouTube. We play it at gigs but keep it off any official records. It would remain our baby just the way we want it to be."

The whole situation to keep the suits from pulling the contract had been a tense one, and on top of the argument of "are you really willing to risk being the guy who didn't sign the next big thing," there may have been some additional help in that Cassie's mom, a civil attorney, had quietly convinced them of the upsides of not being on the losing end of an ugly discrimination lawsuit.

The idea of basically holding the song hostage against the suits was hilarious, especially as Cassie had gotten her contract written with a clause that she maintained full ownership rights to any songs she wrote, such that she could decline to allow one to be released by the company, and Cassie nodded her approval amid giggles. "I can see that. And when it's exploding the algorithms and the company dogs aren't seeing a cent of that revenue, they'll change their minds."

A pause. "So, yeah, we can try to play nice, dangle the carrot. But we also have the stick."

As they passed the secretary and were waved towards the meeting room, she took a deep breath. "Let's do this."

Ellie nodded as they stepped out of the elevator. They were in agreement regarding what to do if the suits gave them any lip about Not Your Average Teen Girl or wanting to change it. Of course they would first play nice and make the suggestion they had intended, release it as a single but keep it off the album. Ellie fidgeted a bit with her clothes as they were being waved towards the conference room. She always felt like she wasn't dressed properly for these meetings even if the suits probably had seen all manner of weird outfits pass through their offices over the years. A purple leather jacket over a bright red tank top, slim black jeans with more holes than fabric was probably not even something they really paid attention to. Then there were of course the feeling she always got in the presence of older men, of their eyes roaming over her body rather than paying attention to what she said.

Before they entered the conference room she took Cassie's hands in her own, leaned her forehead against her friend's and lover's forehead.
"Together through thick and thin, us against the world," she said.
It had become something of a ritual of empowerment between them ever since before Austin became Cassie, the most beautiful girl in the world in Ellie's eyes. They then opened the doors and sat down opposite the suits. They were offered coffee, soda, or an energy drink by the meeting secretary. Ellie said she'd have some coffee but it was really more to have something to do than actually wanting a cup of coffee.

The meeting had been about as tedious as Cassie expected. Pleasantries exchanged, details discussed about the current projects and the future, et cetera, et cetera, blah, blah, blah. And when the subject of the song came up, it had gotten ugly. She had finally had to remind them that she could easily just sit on the song until her contract was up and then take it and the whole potential set of projects with her, and made it clear that she would if they tried to make her mutilate the project that had kept her going for years.

They finally got the situation resolved, with the decision to release the single unattached to an album and then gauge if the interest warranted the full album and any other projects based on it. She had also managed to sell them on the music video idea for Not Your Average Teen Girl. And, as Ellie had suggested, they were using Down On Me as the replacement single from their new album.

The next few weeks passed. Cassie was busy, a few performances, more interviews, the music video, working on her side project with Andi, and other things. The release of the album had been just as successful as the first. And Cassie was hinting that the next single would likely be out soon, as well as that it was a heavily trans-focused song.

The request to perform at MTV's VMA was a surprise, but a welcome one. And an idea had formed in her mind.

So here she was, onstage, debuting the song she had been working on with Andi, "Loving You Loving Me." The song was about the feeling of being loved completely and unconditionally by a partner.

With Ellie in the front row (Cassie had finally revealed the song was a gift to Ellie and that was the reason she needed another band to perform it), as Cassie neared the end of the song, she stepped down from the stage, closing the distance to Ellie and very clearly singing right to her as she finished the last chorus.

The final lines, however, were rather shocking. "With our love true as can be / Ellie, won't you marry me?" she sang, producing a small box and popping it open as she dropped to one knee, watching Ellie expectantly. The collective gasp that went through the crowd showed that the sudden proposal had certainly worked for impressive.

The meeting had been just as awkwardly tedious as Ellie had grown to expect them to be but she had smiled when Cassie stood up and reminded the suits of the fine prints of her contract. It had quickly changed the tone of conversation and in the end the two teen girls walked out of the conference room having gotten exactly what they wanted.

The next few weeks Ellie spent between shooting the video for Not Your Average Teen Girl in which she played a number of cameo parts, mostly playing her pink guitar in the background with Cassie dancing once the song took off, but also playing a grand piano through the first verse and chorus with Cassie walking by in different settings, and at the same time working on new material with Andi who was still bringing up a solo album every once in a while but Ellie was more focused on putting down ideas for their next album even if she had no lyrics to work from yet. The word was out on trans communities and there had been some interest from trans girls and women posting their coming out stories and other experiences, good and bad. That was Cassie's department though. There was one song though that Ellie was toying around with lyrics too. So far it was simply titled Love Song #1 and was an attempt to express how much she loved Cassie. She intended for it to be a surprise for Cassie's birthday which was still a few months away.

And speaking of surprises: Ellie was quite surprised when Cassie decided to go with an entirely new band for her performance at the VMA. She had of course not even begun to imagine the reason for it until Cassie sang the final lines and then went down on one knee presenting a ring to Ellie. The ring was quite spectacular. It was a gold ring with two heart-shaped rubies as the main stones and four small diamonds. Ellie felt the spotlights focusing on her along with the cameras hurrying to catch a close up of the impromptu proposal, she also felt her face going beet red and her throat bone dry. She looked up at Cassie with hints of tears in her eyes and almost without realising it shook her head. It might not actually have been a no at first but it soon became one. The shock of it was just too much. Yes Ellie loved Cassie as unconditionally as the song had suggested but they were too young, but the worst of it was that Cassie had completely blindsided her by proposing with the entire world watching.

Ellie tried to speak but no words came from her mouth. Instead she found herself standing up and rushing out of the theatre to hail a cab and about half an hour later checking into a motel not far from San Diego Zoo Safari Park. There she spent the rest of the night emptying the mini bar and staring at the stars trying to figure out what the hell had just happened.

The spectacle had backfired. This wasn't supposed to happen. Ellie was supposed to have said yes. The whole thing was supposed to be this grand romantic spectacle. But even as she stared numbly at the door Ellie had fled through, she knew that this massive humiliation was going to be the only thing anyone talked about for days or weeks.

She could feel the uncomfortable air of the crowd, the awkward response of nobody quite having processed it yet. Cassie stood up, replaced the mic, and walked out wordlessly.

She had been praying that Ellie had just gone home to their apartment, and finding it empty and dark was what pushed her over the edge. She curled up in bed and just cried. And cried. And then just screamed angrily into the pillow.

Finally, she got up. She had to let her publicist know so they could figure out how to respond. But first, she had to try something.

She texted Ellie, a simple "hey, babe, can we talk?"

"Seems a bit redundant to rent a room if you're just going to sleep in the lawn chair on the porch."
Ellie looked up at the Motel maid standing in front of her door. The sun was already bright and she realised she must have fallen asleep sometime between the last bottles from the mini bar. Her head felt like concrete and her eyes as if they had been rubbed with sand paper. She had been crying all night and her make up must be a mess.
"For the mini bar," she muttered and felt just how dry her tongue was and how bad her mouth tasted.
"Fuck I need to shower and change," she said to no one in particular but of course at the same time she realised she had nothing to change into. In fact she had nothing except the clothes she was wearing, a sleeveless knee-length red dress and a clutch purse with her phone and some make up in it. She let the maid check that the room was in order and the bed unslept in before she went inside to call her mum who must have seen the spectacle by now. It must be all over social media and every gossip column.
"Yea. I don't want to talk about it. Can you just buy me some new clothes, jeans, a few t-shirts, some underwear and bring them to me along with a rental car. I'll pay for your taxi back. And Tell No ONE."
She then stepped into the shower and managed to clear her head somewhat before taking a nap on top of the bed until her mum appeared with four shopping bags and her acoustic guitar, in a rented Prius.
"Well if you two weren't before you are now the only thing people talk about," her mum said softly and hugged Ellie who began to cry and let all the thoughts she had had since Cassie's proposal out.
About how they were too young, about how she had felt totally blindsided by the way Cassie had proposed, how unfair it was for Cassie to pull something like that with the whole world watching, how she didn't know how she would ever face Cassie again, didn't know if she ever could.
"But I still love her, more than anything ever," Ellie said between sobs.

Her mum had just sat there listening to her daughters ramblings, holding her tightly and now that it seemed Ellie was done talking she held her at arms length, kissed her forehead and nodded.
"So what are you going to do then? You have to come back sometime. It wouldn't be fair to me, your sister, or even Cassie if you don't."
She said this without any hint of trying to push Ellie to go back with her right that moment it was just a simple fact that no one should just vanish like that without letting people they loved know where they were, even if they wanted to be left alone. Ellie nodded and dried her face.
"I think I'm going to rent a Cabin up in the mountains."
Her um nodded and even though she looked worried about Ellie's plans she sort of understood them.
"Just make sure you're safe and call me every day to let me know you are."
Ellie nodded and gave her mum a long hug before getting up to wash her face. She then called a taxi to come and pick up her mum. When she did she saw the text from Cassie, read it and with more tears forming in her eyes replied: Not now.

She changed her underwear, got dressed, settled her bill and got into the Prius and drove North towards the Sequoia National park while blasting loud and rather extreme music from her phone to keep her mind from racing. She stopped for lunch a few hours later and as she gulped down a greasy burger she found a cottage online and rented it. Another three hours later she was handed the key by the owner and called her mum to let her know she had made it to her destination in one piece.
"I'll probably just stay here for a few weeks and then maybe I'll come back, please don't tell Cassie where I am, just that I am safe and sound."

Everyone wanted a statement. Everyone wanted an interview about the humiliating failed proposal. It had taken a long talk with her publicist to convince Cassie not to just tell everyone to fuck off.

They had to say something, so Cassie had had her publicist find her an interview with a program most likely to be sympathetic. That was scheduled for tomorrow, but today her phone lay powered off, and she was staying off the internet, social media, and the news. Her publicist was continuing to deal with the fallout, but for Cassie, today was about just trying not to break again.

Her mom had come over and offered to make some food and talk, and so they sat at the table drinking coffee (unfortunately not spiked despite Cassie arguing in favor of drinking herself into a stupor, but her mom had refused to allow it).

"I just ... aren't people usually supposed to love these grand romantic gestures and over-the-top proposals? I thought she'd love it. I ... she was supposed to love it and say yes and today we were supposed to be all over social media today for a totally different reason!" Cassie vented.

Her mom sighed. "Cassie, have you ever noticed how Ellie doesn't like being at the center of attention? She's always letting you be the star, the one everyone's looking at. You put the eyes of the world on her with that proposal. And yes, some people like those kind of big public proposals. But that also puts the person being asked in a very hard spot with the expectation that they're going to accept."

Cassie sighed. "I guess you're right."

"Just ... give Ellie some space and time right now. Let her reach out to you."

Later, checking her phone, Cassie noticed the reply from Ellie and sighed. She gave Ellie's mom a call, figuring that Ellie might be back home. All she was told was that no, Ellie wasn't there, but she was safe and sound, and once again advised to give Ellie space.

So she did. But the road was just beginning. After a disastrous concert a week later that ended in her breaking down onstage and having to end it early, Cassie had decided to call a mental health hiatus, postpone the release of NYATG, and generally become a hermit.

If she wasn't at home, she was with Antonio and his family, particularly Alessandra. The two had bonded while filming the NYATG music video, in which Alessandra starred as a younger Cassie. It had turned out the girl was naturally gifted with singing, and there were talks of her having a music career of her own.

"So, Alessandra, how's life been?" She asked one day at the restaurant.

"Good. I've, well … I've started seeing someone. They're wonderful, and they're totally fine with me for who I am." Alessandra replied.

"You're a lucky girl." Cassie said, distractedly. It had been weeks since everything went down, and the gaping wound in her life that was Ellie's absence was still hurting.

Alessandra nodded, smiling softly. "Still nothing from her?"

Cassie nodded. "I just want to … I don't know how to make this right and I want to fix my fuck-up."

"I think you need to prove that you're sorry. What can you do for her that would show you're sorry, that you learned your lesson? I think she needs to know you understand where she's coming from and that you respect that."

Last edited:
When she took possession of the cabin Ellie had also arranged to have groceries and other necessities brought to the cabin so she wouldn't have to leave it but it wasn't like she was going for the luxury package, instant noodles to last a few weeks, fresh veg twice a week and once more on the weekend, coffee and sourdough bread. She called her mum every morning while having breakfast, then she went for a walk among the giant trees growing all around her. Usually that took a couple of hours and then after a quick lunch she spent the afternoon missing Cassie. If there was one person in the world that she would have wanted to share her thoughts with, about the whole disaster it was Cassie but ... Cassie was the one who had put her on the spot.

Of course she still loved Cassie, with all her heart, but she couldn't figure out where she was coming from. They had never even mentioned marriage before the proposal. It had been a complete shock even without all the spotlights and cameras. Her phone rang occasionally. Twice it was Andi who probably wanted to check up on her, ask if she was ok, which Ellie confirmed by sending her a text message. Most of the calls were either from reporters or unknown callers which she assumed was the same thing.

After the first week of isolation Ellie started playing her guitar in the afternoons and slowly she began writing some new material. She even tried her hand at writing words to her songs some more and after a while she had maybe ten more or less finished demos on her phone, songs she knew would sound much better with Cassie singing them, and with Cassie at least tweaking the words a bit. Ellie was no lyricist by any means.

It was Friday the third week after the VMA that Ellie sat down and started playing through the song she had been working on with Andi just before everything went sideways, Love Song #1. She tweaked the lyrics a bit here and there before recording it on her phone. It took her maybe three attempts to get it right but once it was done she saved it as The Earth Moved. It was perhaps not a very traditional title for a love song but it referenced words of the chorus: The first time we kissed, the first time we touched, the first time you told me you love me, The Earth moved like an earthquake under my feet. The verses were lists of all the little things Cassie did, said and was that made Ellie love her.

She then sat there for almost a full hour staring at her phone before she sent it to Cassie's phone without a word of explanation. She had already exhausted every word she had to describe how much she loved Cassie in the song. She then spent another hour staring at her phone hoping for it to ring or at least a text from Cassie.

The day of the first text she received from Ellie was an unseasonal storm. The text was baffling, but it soon became clear Ellie had sent her a sing much in the vein of "Loving You Loving Me."

It took her all of five minutes to make a call to Ellie's mom and learn what she needed to. Then she took off, an almost manic drive that was both figurative and literal, a compulsion that led her to drive recklessly especially in the wet weather.

As she finally neared the cabin, she was forced to slow down and by now it was hard to tell if her vision was blurred by tears or the rain on the windshield. She tore into the drive, slammed the car into park, and was out of the car and tearing towards the door frantically.

"Ellie!" She called desperately. "Ellie, please! Hear me out!" She yelled as she neared the door.

Having stared at her phone for an hour a text came through but it was from Andi once again checking up on her and subtly asking when the world might expect her to return. Ellie replied that she was fine and that she wasn't sure. She then took a long walk in the surroundings which by then she was getting quite familiar with and she had slowly mapped out a routine walk that usually took about two hours. This time however missing Cassie more than she ever had before in her life she sat down on a rock near a small stream some five to ten minutes walk from the Cabin and for the first time since the VMA went online to find the video clip of the event she was sure was out there. It would be strange if there wasn't, not with the whole world watching.

She found it on MTV's official YouTube channel and watched it over and over almost all the way through. She cut out right before she stood up and rushed out. It baffled her to some extent that there were people out there who would watch it all the way through, watch her break down and Cassie's humiliation over and over. Having watched the video six or seven times she tried to find the video for Not Your Average Teen Girl only to find that the single had been postponed, perhaps indefinitely. There were of course speculations that the postponement was related to her disappearance and she was sure that was exactly why Cassie had demanded it was postponed. This of course also meant that the video was postponed so instead Ellie found their earlier videos and sat there watching the love of her life singing, dancing, being generally sexy with herself in the background the way she liked it and soon tears covered her face. Then in between two videos she heard her name called out in a very familiar voice. So now she was missing Cassie so much she was starting to hear things. Or could it be ...

Ellie got up and not even bothering to turn off YouTube or even pause the video of My Best Friend with Cassie singing to a series of more or less private photos of Ellie at different ages on a green screen. There was no time for such things, phone in hand she ran towards the cabin and there she found Cassie at the door.
"CASSIE," she cried out happily as soon as she laid eyes on her love and held her arms out for a hug even as she was still more than a hundred yards away.
She ran faster with the song still blasting from her phone and with only a handful of feet left between them Cassie sang the last line of the song over a photo of Ellie taken the same day they short the video, a photot that then became a video of Ellie smiling at Cassie. Cassie had suggested a kiss but Ellie had been too self conscious about it so they went with a smile instead.

The sound of the song reached Cassie and she had turned to see Ellie barreling towards her. She pulled her into a hug, but almost immediately broke away, stepping back self-consciously.

"Ellie, I fucked up. I never should have done that. I just ... I wanted to do this grand romantic gesture." She glanced away, rubbing her elbow nervously. "I just ... I'm so sorry. I ... look, just say the word, and I give it all up. The fame, the career, the fortune. It can go back to how it was before. If that's your price for being in my life ... I'll do it. Walk away from everything." She said, staring at Ellie.

"All that without you is only so much bullshit and not my idea of a good life."

"Apology accepted," Ellie cut Cassie off.
"Now shut up and just hug me," she added and grabbed her love again resting her head against her shoulder just enjoying the feel of Cassie's body close to her own again.
Having never been separated from each other for more than a few days at the time since they were toddlers three weeks was an eternity and Ellie was so happy to finally have Cassie in her arms again that she started crying.
"I don't want you to give up anything for me," she said in a broken voice and then looked up at Cassie, their eyes meeting.
"And if the offer still stands the answer is yes. Yes I will marry you but privately. Just the two of us, our mums as witnesses, no press, no social media, no nothing but us."
She then kissed Cassie with all the passion she held in her heart and everything felt good again. It was the two of them forever again.

Cassie's tears were flowing freely now, so happy to be reunited with her lover. She nodded, smiling. "So what's my dad, chopped liver?" She joked.

"But okay. Small ceremony at the courthouse. Break out the disguises." She said.

The kiss felt so right, and when they finally broke it, she smiled. "I, uh, well, y'know how you sent me that song? I may have written a couple of sappy love ballads myself, but they kinda suck without instrumentation."

She sighed. "And the suits are really not happy with me for postponing the release indefinitely, and for kinda just suddenly taking a break. If I don't go back with an album to market, they're talking terminating my contract, apparently. Asshats. But anyways ... I was thinking an album of love songs. Something we can put together quickly enough to buy time to really work on the other projects."

The kiss, while it was a long one, lasted far from long enough but under those circumstances no kiss would have. And then when it broke everything was almost as it had been before. They had made up and when Cassie started talking business right of the bat Ellie just smiled. It was how it was supposed to be. There would of course be make up sex too but to just throw themselves back into work felt as natural as anything but there was one question that was on Ellie's mind first though.
"So ... no one but my mum and yours know where you are?"

She then offered to make Cassie the most romantic dinner she could rustle up with what she had in the cabin, instant noodles veggie soup with sourdough croutons and greens on the side. It was basically the meal she herself had eaten every day since she ran out on the VMA and left Cassie to face a very publicly humiliating situation. If there was one thing media focused more on than their music it was their relationship. There were many on various social media platforms that asked rather detailed questions about it or discussed in even greater detail how they believed the young couple had sex. Sometimes Cassie did respond to answer serious questions, especially on all the various LBTQ communities they were both members of. Some even turned directly to Ellie asking similar questions and, as embarrassing as she sometimes felt it was to be asked such intimate questions, she replied as honestly as she felt comfortable with if she felt the question was not just a way to get attention or derive some sort of perverse pleasure from the idea of two teen girls getting it on together.

"I'm sorry too," she whispered as she led Cassie by the hand into the cabin which was a complete mess since Ellie had not felt like cleaning.
She immediately began clearing away clothes from the couch and gathering up coffee mugs and unwashed bowls from the table before trying to put all her papers into order and move them to one of the smaller tables around the room.
"I can't even begin to imagine what you've been going through these last weeks. And sod the the suits they wouldn't care if I had been on the verge of dying instead of just running away. They're only interested in the money we can make for them."
She kissed Cassie again with a still damp towel from her morning shower in one hand and a pair of her panties that she had found under the coffee table in the other.
"I was so afraid I would lose you forever."

Cassie nodded. "Just our parents, yeah."

She shrugged. "Hell, Ellie. It's been hell. One article called it 'the most humiliating incident on live television since Kanye trashed Taylor Swift.' I haven't set foot on my social media in weeks because it's still a shitshow. I've had to have my mom do my shopping because I've gotten ambused by press twice and they were complete assholes. I've had to avoid interviews since after the first one because all they want to talk about is the humiliating incident."

She nodded. "You were worried about losing me? I was worried I'd lost you. I'm the one who fucked up."

"We booth fucked up, big time. Ok?" Ellie said and tossed the towel and underwear both into the bathroom.
"And ..."
She bit her bottom lip while looking at the love of her life.
"Once we are married and make the announcement, releasing only the photographs of the joyful occasion that we want the world to see media will have something else to obsess about. We can have our mums break the news while we stay here for some kind of honeymoon until we're ready to go back."
She then walked over to the kitchen and put the kettle on bringing it to a boil while preparing some courgettes, celery and spring onions for the broth to the noodles.
"You could never lose me, not entirely. No matter what, a part of me would always love you, will always love you," she said as she poured the boiling water over the veg and let them simmer for a while.

Back
Top Bottom