Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Star Wars - The Binding of Destiny [Tobie Peril & Impossible]

Before leaving the sanctuary of his chambers, Kylo Ren questioned whether he should put on his mask. With his new rank of Master, he felt a sense of pride and ready to exude it on those he viewed as beneath him. As well, he knew that his new student responded better than with it on. Making the decision, he placed his mask on the stand near the door. Before leaving the room, he pressed the uniform on his button once more.

"I require a pilot," Kylo spoke. "I will need not be distracted while training my Padawan."

As Kylo led Rey down the corridor, he couldn't ignore the glances and stares he was receiving. For many, they did not recognize him at first. Very few in the First Order really knew what Kylo Ren looked like.

"While we are traveling to Iilum, we will begin channeling your connection to the Force, Padawan Reyana," Kylo said, trying his best to sound wise and masterful. "A Padawan is a student in the Force. You are to refer to me as Master. It is these formalities that will aid us in channeling your innate powers."

Rey trailed after him with a scowl on her face. “Don’t call me that,” she snapped, the words sounding extra harsh in her accented voice. Kylo’s lack of a mask did nothing to soothe her. “Either of those names,” she explained. She didn’t want to be his padawan, and neither did she want him to refer to her by her full name. She was only Rey, and that was how she wished to be addressed.

Despite wishing to know her surname for so long, Rey didn’t want ‘Palpatine’ attached to her. Wastelands such as Jakku didn’t care whether it was the Empire or the New Republic in charge of the galaxy. Despite this, Rey had heard of some of the late emperor’s atrocities. It turned her stomach to know that his blood ran in her veins.

"These names are linked to who you are," Kylo Ren said as they were reaching the loading dock. "Denying them is like denying destiny."

As they approached the ship, they met up with their pilot. While a droid could have easily flown them to their destination, he always preferred a living, breathing creature. If anything were to happen on the way, they would be flying for their own survival, which also meant his own. As they boarded, Kylo hesitated for a few seconds. He was expecting the Knights of Ren to be following behind him, but there was no one. The only other being in the vicinity was a sanitation stormtrooper, to whom he couldn't help but scowl at.

"Get ready," he told Rey as the lift ascended into his ship. Within seconds, they were out into the openness of space, preparing for a hyperspace jump.

Rey clenched her jaw to withhold any further complaints. Whatever she said seemed to be the exact opposite of what Kylo wanted, much to her chagrin. She followed him silently onto the ship, not before pausing at the mouth of the craft. Feeling eyes on her, she turned her gaze to the sanitation worker. The trooper saluted hastily before gathering up his materials. Rey felt an odd stirring while gazing upon the trooper, but didn’t think much of it. She hastily followed Kylo onto the ship.

“Where is this place we’re going?” she asked once on board. The planet Snoke had mentioned was unknown to Rey. “I’ve never heard oh it before.” Her geographical skills were rather well developed from years of scanning navigation programs, yet the planet mentioned was unfamiliar.

Kylo had Rey follow him into the common area of the ship. It allowed them some space to walk around and discuss their mission. He went to a computer, summoning a holo of the planet they were headed to. On the scale that the holo showed, it appeared completely white and deserted.

"This is Ilum," Kylo began. "While the planet hasn't been inhabited for quite some time, it does hold something valuable. Within the Jedi temple, there are crystals that are necessary to build a lightsaber. We are going there so we can find your crystal."

As if on command, the holo zoomed in on a section of the planet. it showed a large temple with the symbol of the Jedi. There was an open hole in the entranceway that appeared partially covered in snow. When Klyo arrived there with Snoke, there used to be a large set of doors, but now they were torn down by their strength in the Force.

Rey trailed after him to the command center. Her attention was drawn to the projected planet, which she assumed to be their destination. Despite herself Rey found interest in the mythical place Kylo described. “Why do I need a crystal?” she asked, peering at the temple. “And how will I know which one I need?”

It sounded like an anticlimactic trip to just pick up a crystal. Her eyes flitted to the saber clipped at Kylo’s hip. She didn’t particularly want something so deadly as the weapon he wielded. Her purpose in accompanying Kylo to the planet was only to get him to grant her request to return to Jakku.

Kylo took note of Rey's interest. He didn't sense any sarcastic or aggravated tone from her. This was his moment to gain power over the situation between the two of them.

"That crystal is what powers our lightsabers," Kylo said. He manipulated the projector, now showing dozens of crystals, all different shapes and colors. "And each crystal is linked to the Force, and that's how you'll know when you have found yours."

Kylo turned off the projector, crossing across the room.

"Before that, you must cooperate with me so I can help you channel the Force. That is the only way we'll be able to find it. Do you understand--" Kylo was ready to refer to the girl as Padawan once again. He knew that she detested the name, and would probably be more cooperative if he gave into this small want of hers. "...Rey?"

Back
Top Bottom