Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

D&D 5e Spelljammer (looking for players)

ValPal

Moon
Hi everyone, I’m Valentine!
Recently I’ve been preparing a game for my players at home, and would love to give it a test run for some folks on here (plus I don’t think my friends would be down for mind flayer smut). I’m looking for 2-3 players max, ideally we could all get together once or twice a week to play in addition to posting when we can.
Spelljammer is a D&D setting where all the settings (Forgotten Realms, Greyhawk, Darksun, etc.) can be traveled between with “spelljamming” ships. Kind of a Sword and Sorcery meets Science Fiction.
The premise for this game is that you begin as a slave/prisoner on a mindflayer ship. It’ll be a little bit railroad-y to get you to the first dungeon, but after that you’ll have the opportunity to get your own ship and have free reign. This game will be heavily featuring Mind Flayers, Gith, and the Astral Plane.
I’m not one to go too into detail about smut, but it’s fun to be flirty and have some adult stuff go on.

Regarding character creation:
Level 5
Any book/UA is fine
Tasha’s stuff is all good
Rather than rolling for stats and using racial bonuses, use The starting array of 18, 16, 14, 12, 10, 8.
Your backstory should include the following:
-How did you end up on a mind flayer ship?
-What were you doing before that?
-What do you want to do if you regain your freedom?

Feel free to DM me with any questions!

Hi!

I am interested, playing a female who grown up to be a ship's engineer kind of magic user, and like that, a second helmsman on the ship she served. With level 5, she almost was the main magician too. (So, basically three position, but in neither of those was she the first choice.)

They got my ship and crew, I am one of the survivors, they intend to keep me for something more than the everyday feeding.

Was on another Spelljammer ship, from almost my childhood.

Eat Mind flayer brain after I made them eat their own tentacles... Other than that I want a ship! Maybe a crew too, hopefully someone else would want to be the Captain, as I would be okay with being the Engineer, Helms(wo)man, and possibly the magic user on board (but I wouldn't be jelaous of others partaking in the jobs.)

Last edited:
Thanks for your interest! Whenever you get it all together could you send me a character sheet? Any format is fine.

I am also interested but I'm not entirely sure what I want to play yet. You're only looking for 2 or 3 and one is already looking to be a magic user of sorts so I should probably do someone more up front... actually I do have an idea I want to try. I want to go with monk and a two level dip into bladesinger, so I will be playing an Elf, but if we're allowed to be from different worlds, if allowed, I would rather go with a Tairnadal Elf from Eberron than something from the Realms, I'm just more familiar with Eberron. Suppose I do have one question since it wasn't mentioned, is this being played on discord or here?

My characters tribe was going on an expedition to Xen'drik to look into some old ruins from when the Elves were slaves to the Giants long ago. Umbragen were probably fighting some Illithids, attacking this ship, and my characters tribe got caught up in the middle of it and picked up.

accidentally answered this already in the previous one XD.

As a Tairnadal, as a warrior, my character is trying to live the life of the ancestor divined to them by the seekers of the past, seeking new challenges and performing similar feats that the ancestor did, a hero from back when the Elves rebelled against the giants. They would look to free people from their bindings and seek challenges, but that is flexible on what the group wants, if they want more of a world jumping pirate crew or inquisition then I can mess around with it.

edit: actually I might just go with an Aerenal elf instead of Tairnadal, just because I'm already using a Tairnadal in another game and Aerenal actually got something in exploring eberron where the Tairnadal didn't. As another alternative, mark of shadows. So many options.

I’m interested in using discord, mostly cause I could add a dice rolling bot to a server. Go ahead and DM me a character sheet as well whenever you get it together!

Another question, more making sure, you want us to use the array without any kind of racial bonus, right? My sheet is almost done, just deciding on a monastic tradition and I can't think of a good background, don't think any of the base ones really fit as a "martial artist" kind of thing.

Another question, more making sure, you want us to use the array without any kind of racial bonus, right? My sheet is almost done, just deciding on a monastic tradition and I can't think of a good background, don't think any of the base ones really fit as a "martial artist" kind of thing.
Right, just use that array. 4th level asi is as normal, so take a feat or the stats bump. Feel free to take liberties with the background, it’ll definitely be a bit before we really get to it so you’ll have plenty time to revise.
[automerge]1605803903[/automerge]
Razor-gage, that’s delightful! Your character sheet looks all good, I’ll drop you a PM.

Well, I gave it a try and I am having second thoughts now... So, I do not think that I would be the right to be chosen for one of the three players.

Still, if there is still a player needed after this coming weekend, I could be persuaded with promises of more of the sexy things happening in the game. ;)

OMG! *Screams* Am i too late?

I love spelljammer! Let's see....

Bladesinger is my go too for 5th edition, so let me give this some thought. (it looks like you're still excepting...)

(Gabby, did something go wrong?)
[automerge]1606311607[/automerge]
Sea_fox.jpg
Question, could I play a College of Swords bard who looses medium armor and shield proficiency but can add her charisma modifier to her armor class when unarmored? Alternatively, she gets Mage Armor added to her spells known?

Scotsi McVie grew up in Waterdeep. Her parents wanted her to pursue a safe and proper career as a minstrel while she dreamed of flashing swords and the high seas. At the bardic college, she learned singing, dancing, deportment, politics, and swordplay. She developed a deep and abiding love for music, but immersion in the history of heroes only goaded her further away from the safe, boring life her parents wanted for her.

At the age of 17 Scotsi ran away to join the all girl crew of the Dread Pirate Meave--a privateer for Baldur's Gate. The legends of the lesbian pirate's lechery were only surpassed by the reality.

When Scotsi was nineteen, Meave's ship was attacked by a Nautaloid. Finding that the scantily clad pirate girls were far more dangerous than they'd expected, the mind flayers walked a dozen charmed virgins onto their deck, then lifted off after loosing a few dozen slaves and one of their own.

Scotsi is utterly entranced with arcane space and allready dreams of escaping and sailing the stars.

Did that get all your questions?

(I had a hard time imagining and creating a playable character - but I can give it a second try, if you need another player for this.)

I almost want to come out of RP retirement for something like this. A basic character concept given that it is 5e takes me about 20 seconds to make. I just need to get my head around this world. I'll wait on thinking up some backstory stuff once I have a go-ahead from the GM of this game. Not really worth putting the time and effort into something that will end up not being realized.

I can even leave it up to a popular vote of sorts. Concept A is a Cleric and Concept B is a Sorceress.

*laughs* Oh, my. What will Freeko make of Spelljammer? *Smiles*

I dont' knwo how many Val already has, but it sounds like a cleric would be really good to have. healer wise, Scotsi can do Healing Word and that's about it. :)

Cleric 5 (Domain of Knowledge)
EXPERIENCE POINTS
PLAYER NAME
Edgar Screech
RACE
Kobold
BACKGROUND
Charlatan
CAMPAIGN or PLAYER ID
sajinsin
SAVING THROWS
SKILLS
PASSIVE WISDOM
(PERCEPTION)
PROFICIENCIES & LANGUAGES
STR
+0
DEX
+0
CON
+1
INT
+2
WIS
+2
CHA
+0
+3
PROFICIENCY
BONUS
+0 Strength Saves
+0 Dexterity Saves
+1 Constitution Saves
+2 Intelligence Saves
+5 Wisdom Saves *
+3 Charisma Saves *
* Prof. bonus added
+0 Acrobatics (Dex)
+2 Animal Handling (Wis)
+5 Arcana (Int) *
+0 Athletics (Str)
+3 Deception (Cha) *
+8 History (Int) **
+5 Insight (Wis) *
+0 Intimidation (Cha)
+2 Investigation (Int)
+2 Medicine (Wis)
+2 Nature (Int)
+2 Perception (Wis)
+0 Performance (Cha)
+0 Persuasion (Cha)
+8 Religion (Int) **
+3 Sleight of Hand (Dex) *
+0 Stealth (Dex)
+2 Survival (Wis)

* Prof. bonus added
Armor: light armor, medium armor, shields
Weapons: simple weapons
Tools: disguise kit, forgery kit
Saving Throws: Wisdom, Charisma
Skills: Arcana, Deception, History, Insight, Religion, Sleight of Hand
Languages: Common, Goblin, Halfling, Draconic
ENCUMBRANCE
Lifting & Carrying: 150 lbs. max. carrying capacity; 300 lbs. pushing or dragging (speed -5 ft.); 300 lbs. max. lift.

ARMOR
CLASS
(AC)
Armor Worn: none, shield
INITIATIVE
+0
SPEED
30 ft.
HIT POINTS
HIT DICE
5d8
DEATH SAVES: Success O O O Fail O O O
WEAPON & UNARMED ATTACKS
Basic Attack. One target per Attack action.
Mace. Melee Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, reach 5 ft. Hit: 1d6+0 bludgeoning damage.
Light Crossbow. Ranged Weapon Attack: +3 to hit. Hit: 1d8+0 piercing damage. (Normal range to 80 ft.; disadvantage long range 81 to 320 ft. Must be used two-handed, reloading limits to only one attack per round regardless of extra attacks.)
MAGIC, FEATS & SPECIAL ATTACKS
Healer Feat [PHB p. 167]: Stabilizing dying creature heals 1 hp.; can also use healing kit to restore 1d4 + 4 + number equal to target's Hit Dice. No special notes.
EQUIPMENT & TREASURE
Carried Gear (PHB, p. 143): shield (AC +2), mace, disguise kit (cosmetics, hair dye, props, etc.), belt pouch, set of fine clothes, tools of the con (various small convincing fakes). (This load is about 25 lbs.; add 1 lb. per 50 coins carried.)

Coins & Gems: 633 gold pieces (gp); 75 silver pieces (sp); 15 copper pieces (cp); 3 gems (worth 50 gp each)
FEATURES, TRAITS & MORE
Alignment: Neutral. I will help others, but avoid serious personal risks or loyalties that don't benefit me.

Charlatan Background [PHB p. 128]
Feature: False Identity.
Traits: Only survivor of a harsh winter. Uncomfortable when among civilization.
Ideal: Your strength rises with your deity's wrath.
Bond: Atoning for past crime.
Flaw: Believes own lies.
Kobold Traits [VGtM p. 119]
• Small Size (3' 1", 37 lbs.)
• Darkvision (60 feet)
• Grovel, Cower And Beg (once betw. short rests, distract enemies to grant adv. on attacks to your allies within 10 feet of you)
• Pack Tactics (gain adv. on attacks if one non-incapacitated ally is within 5 feet of target)
• Sunlight Sensitivity (suffer disadvantage on Wisdom [Perception] checks if you or target of attack is in direct sunlight)
Cleric Class Features [PHB p. 57]

• Ritual Casting
• Blessing Of Knowledge (bonus languages, skill expertise)

• Channel Divinity (1 use betw. short or long rests)
• Channel Divinity: Knowledge Of The Ages (10 min. proficiency with one skill or tool)

• Channel Divinity: Turn Undead (within 30 ft., Wisdom save or turned 1 min. or until damaged)

• Destroy Undead (CR 1/2 or lower)

BIO:
Born on Poe alley the Kenku part of town he was the middle child of a family of swindlers when Edgar realized at a young age he had a dormant healing an ability he used the skill to help his family get some money by claiming to be a profit of Di'Em God of chance and adventure eventually he gained the attention of a man known as boss Tweedy eventually his business was burnt down with his family inside then Edgar escaped to a temple shaped like a 20 sided dice where how ever it turned out to be a space pod where he was blasted to a mindflayer ship now he seek to escape and get his revenge on Boss Tweedy and the mind flayer's

Spellcasting [PHB p. 201]
Spell Attack Modifier +5
Spell Save DC 13
Cantrips Known: Guidance, Light, Resistance, Thaumaturgy
Prepared Spells
1st Level (4 slots): Command*, Identify*, Cure Wounds, Bane
2nd Level (3 slots): Augury*, Suggestion*, Lesser Restoration, Enhance Ability, Hold Person
3rd Level (2 slots): Nondetection*, Speak With Dead*, Clairvoyance, Dispel Magic
* Spell is always prepared and does not count against number of prepared spells.

Back
Top Bottom