Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Trial of Dragon's Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I apologize master, but the target has escaped. He managed to dispatch the two murderers you had sent to accompany me then escaped into the sewers where he waited in ambush for me. I went to search for him, and he held an arrow aimed at me, but never shot before running away. I could not catch up in time." She bowed down as she entered the shack, dropping her knees then her head to the ground as a sign of humility and respect.

Erdranor clicked his tounge, running it along his fangs idly as he sat the dagger down. He turned his gaze to her, his expression nether angry nor disappointed. No, his expression hadn't changed, the calm, idle, indifferent look, which was perhaps scarier than the other two. The vampire expertly flicked the dagger into the air, catching the before the blade plunged into his hand and setting it aside.

"Did he see your face?"

"No master. My face as always was cloaked in the shadow of my hood, but something tells me that he might have known who I was beforehand. Perhaps that's why he didn't kill me while he had the chance." Naomi lifted her head to look at her master. "If you would allow it, master. I may have an idea as to how I might confront the target and dispatch him. If he truly does not know who I am, then I might find him and join his travels in this guise."

"Possibly," he says and follows, walking into the house before sighing. "I don't have to follow you everywhere if you don't wish as such, but I do protest against being in the same room as yourself during resting periods."

(gah! short post!)

((lolz intro post))

Serena looked up at the massive gates of the imperial city's magic district. An air of dense magic seemed to float in the air as she pushed open the gates, looking directly up to the wizard's tower. She set down her bags, pulling her traveling clothes off her body and stuffing them into the backpack. She pulled her staff from the backpack, deciding it would be nothing short of proper to carry her staff at her side compared to tied to her bag.
A gust of wind blew through the gates as she looked out among the city from the steps of the tower.

((they are so bad D:))

Zongad looked at the man as he rubbed his chin. "Well, you won't have to worry. As we will be going on a little trip out of the Capital." Zongad said to him as he looked at him. "Well, we better get some more supplies for the trip..." Though of course it was more along the lines of an adventure but, he didn't want to tell the guard just yet.

"No need to worry about myself, I can sustain myself no matter where we are," Apok says with a smile. "And I believe that this trip you speak of might be more than you wish to let on. Afterall, you were attacked by the Brotherhood and the more you're moving the harder it is for them to find you."

Erdranor tilted his head, shifting his position once more and running his tongue along his fangs again. The vampire was getting restless, obviously enough, but his voice remained its calm, almost bored tone.

"That seems a good idea," he said, nodding. Whether it was truthful or not wasn't immediately apparent, though from the lack of laughter or chastising. Or stabbing. There was a delightful lack of stabbing, too.

"Remember to be careful," he continued, although the tone made one wonder if it was simply something he always said or if he had actual care for the other.

"Of course master. I'll go right away." Naomi exited the shack, making sure not to lift the curtain too much so that the light wouldn't come in. She put a smile on her face after closing the door, trying to look less serious as is typical of a member of the dark brotherhood. When she wasn't hunting a mark, she was like a completely different person. Not sadistic, not particularly bloodthirsty, and actually quite cheerful. She shifted her bow on her back so it was more comfortable and adjusted her belt before she left off. "He couldn't have gotten too far."

Zongad looked at Apok, "Well, an adventure would make it terribly hard for them to follow us. Besides I been wanting to leave this capital for a long time. I was given my freedom by the Arena and I wish to take this second chance in life and help others." Zongad had became a prisoner at the Black Marshes and was shipped as one of the prisoners to fight in the Arena. He was lucky enough to be last one alive. Though once he was free only thing he could do to survive was become a combatant in the Arena.

Zongad then opened the door to his house which he was met with a thud. "Huh?" Little did he knew that he just hit his killer's face with his door. Quickly he gets out to see the woman, "Miss?! Are you ok? I am gravely sorry for that. I did not know you were there."

Naomi cried out in pain and put her hands over her nose as the pain surged through her face. "AAAGH!" She yelled before landing on the ground on her ass. "By the nine...that hurt." She looked up at the Argonian who apologized profusely, the as a micro-reaction her eyes widened in disbelief. I can't believe I found him this quickly. "It's alright, it's my fault for standing there. Hey, aren't you the arena champion? It's strange to see a warrior of your caliber being so courteous."

Zongad looked at her as she spoke his Title. "A Title of a man doesn't always reflect on who is out of his job." Zongad smiled to her. "Though of course you may call me by my real name which is Zongad....Strange... you seem familiar in a way. Have we met before?" Zongad asked her softly.

Naomi got up and checked her hand for blood. She saw none so disregarded it. "I doubt it" she said convincingly. "I get that from a lot of people. I guess I just have a generic face. Anyway, it's nice to meet you." She smiled and held out her hand for him to shake it.

Zongad looked at her curiously then he brought his own hand out to meet hers. As they shook he could feel how soft and smooth her hand was compared to his. He was a scaled lizard man after all. Zongad for some reason felt embarrassed about this. Afterwards he let go of her hand as he looked at her. "As much as I'd like to talk I have bit of a meeting so to speak far from this capital.

Naomi looked at him pleadingly then hesitated a little before asking her question. She felt proud of herself for being such a good actor when the time called for it. She could already smell her bonus for bringing back this one's head. "M-might I be able to travel with you? I'm looking to get out of here as well, not to anywhere in particular mind you, just away. And as you've seen, I'm not the most coordinated of people."

Zongad suddenly had a weird feeling. 'Her...voice...it couldn't be...no it is her. This is what she looks like in person eh. I'll play along for now. Better have your enemy close to you.' Zongad looked at her for a moment then smiled, "That is fine with me. More the better!" Zongad told her with a smile. "I do hope we can become the best of friends." Zongad then patted her back as he looked at her, "Do you have anything you need to get before we leave?"

Apok just waited in the shadows of the house for the moment, mostly since the contrast between darkness to light and then reversed is drastically different if there isn't much movement involved. He steps from the doorway near the end of the conversation with a slight bow as his spear would have hit the top of the brace if he didn't. "I've got no reason to why she would be able to or not at the same time," he says before leaning on his spear with his shoulder. "If anything..." Apok starts and then looks down the street, a small child had fallen over while trying to catch a ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom