Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Trial of Dragon's Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrPenguin

Supernova
What shall our fair land of Cryodil come to as the waning darkness once again lapses over? For our great king and his royal family are all gone! To make matters worse our champion has left us! Fleeing into the realm of the Madgod Sherogorath! First it was Anvil that fell into Anarchy and who will next? If we don’t find a new king that is allowed by the nine then we shall be plunged into the very darkness we tried to stay afloat from. Though…there is myth of an ancient trial that was taken long ago by our first king! The Trial of Dragon’s Fire! Though only one can be dubbed our fair king…Who shall it be?

After the last Septims the land was at peace since Mehrunes Dagon was defeated. Soon after people began to fear about how they would survive without a king. Anarchy rose in Anvil as a people of the Mythic Dawn that survived the defeat help start the riot. With the Champion of Cryodil mysteriously disappearing into the lands of Shivering Isles there was no hero to stop this. Now the Mythic Dawn has changed into a more dangerous force known as the Revolting Light. If matters weren’t any worse someone had assassinated the court that was trying to keep the kingdom in one piece.

The only hope to restore order is if the true king were to command the land. Only problem is how? With the Septim family gone there is no rightful heir to the throne. It was said long ago that the very first Septim became King through the Trial of Dragon’s Fire. Much of the history of it has been erased from the world. Not to mention it seems Daedra of every faction are appearing into the human world! It would seem they too seem to know about the Trial of Dragon’s Fire. What power does the title of King have that would make even Daedra seeking it?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the mighty Imperial City was a spectacular battle being held. The crowds cheered and roared as the the battle went on. It seemed to wipe the people's mind off the worries of Anarchy. "Beat him Champion!" The Crowd roared as simple Argonian looked at his fans as the muscular warrior lunge at him. "Heh, you are a pretty silly Nord." He said as he hopped over the large man as he giggled. Soon enough the brute got seriously annoyed as he charge the Argonian again. Though only to be met by a blade that quickly forced his head off and his body tumbling from the momentum. The crowd roared as he took a bow and walked away. The Acrobat had amused his people as he went to the Old Lady, "Able to keep your title eh? Won't last forever ya know. Someone is bound to sever your end off."

Argonian looked at her with a sweet smile, "Oh, I'll be long gone before that happens." With that he went to change back into his normal clothes. Which consisted of simple green tunic and green pants. Most his money was in his armor in which he was collecting. His name was rarely used by the people but, people that still remembered it knew him as Zongad. He found himself soon enough in the Waterfront district as he opened up a door to what was once the house of the Famous Champion of their land. Closing it he placed the armor he carried into a chest as he sighed. "Another day...Another bit of gold. I'll be able to get myself out of this place and off into whatever I find." Though of course there was some people that didn't like him being the Champion as a little group of assassins were payed to deal with this.

Naomi kept to the shadows as she scoped out her next mark, as difficult as that was in broad daylight. She kept her bow on her back as she wasn't ready to strike quite yet, it was too dangerous in the middle of the imperial city, and she liked the bonuses that flawless assassinations provided. She noticed other agents of the dark brotherhood strolling around the city, scouting the area. Taking out the current Arena champion wasn't the easiest of tasks especially for a single assassin. She was wearing her dark brotherhood garb at the moment, her head shaded by by black cowl she wore. She made eye contact with the two other agents working with her and nodded slightly, signaling to try and corner him discreetly.

Zongad had noticed odd people in dark clothing that might have been following him. Though being that of an Acrobat he was well aware of what they were trying. Zongad locked his door to his home as he then took the needed precautions. Zongad took a couple bottles that would cure poisons and placing a Mithril chainmail underneath his shirt. Zongad then proceeded out of his house in a normal fashion. He always carried his special sword, 'Viper' with him at all times. This was a special sword indeed as he pried it off the last Champion. It was able to drain the life out of the victim and bestow it onto himself. Quite a handy weapon if you are ever in a pinch.

Naomi went to take a better vantage point as her two murderer level subordinates attempted to funnel the acrobat into a dead-ended alleyway. She took her place on a rooftop and drew her bow which she named Yoichinoyumi. It was enchanted to drain the endurance of its victim, so that if it lived through the first shot, it wouldn't get too far for the second one to finish him. Her dagger, Vajra was kept sheathed at her side and remained as always rarely used. She wasn't at all a close quarters fighter.

Zongad noticed at the two Assassins were behind him. "You should tell your comrade on the rooftop that I am not easily targeted by a mere assassins." Quickly he lunge at the first as he quickly drew out his short blade and into the assassin it went. He then used his tail to trip the other one as he pulled out the sword quickly and pierced it through the other one. Though he wished he brought his own bow to combat the one on the roof. Never the less he pulled the bow off one of the dead assassins as well as the quiver. Soon enough he began to run as he kept the Assassin in his sights.

"Damn incompetent murderers..." She muttered under her breath as she drew the string on her bow and started running over the rooftops after her mark. She fired a few arrows in his direction, they were high quality and expensive, but the flew far and didn't wobble in flight. Those elves always had a knack for archery. She wondered how exactly her mark knew there were more than two assassins, but she could figure that out later if she managed to corner him herself.

Apok turns his head upwards torwards the sky, some birds overhead circling around as he watches the clouds roll by, the inseccent barking of the owner to the building he's currently partially laying over for the moment drowned out for a few moments. "It's not like my weight is going to wreck anything," he calls down, the helmet over his eyes sheilding the sun from his vision for the moment. With a few more minutes of barking up to him he sighs as he stands up, grasping his normal esque spear he named Skybane, even if all it can do is peirce through defenses if he uses it correctly, even then it doesn't get through much.

With a small crouch and a sudden release, his feet leave the rooftop and with his spear in one hand as he jumps to the other side of the street, landing softly and without pain to his legs before he continues his movement with a run. At the end of the next building, he makes another jump, looking like he is flying whenever he leaves the confines of gravity for those few seconds. Nothing better... he thinks to himself, a smile coming to his lips as he jumps up another rooftop, catching the edge with his hand and clinging to it as he peers over the area nearby. Well... almost nothing better... he thinks to himself with his smile still on him, the butt of the spear resting on the edge of the small tower below his feet while he scans the area.

Luckily enough he was able to dodge most of them and deflect the only one that would of hit him with another arrow. 'Hmm, she is good...' Zongad said as they raced through the streets. Though he knew he didn't want to ensue an attack on the people themselves so he politely decided to take the fight under. As he quickly went to the sewer grate as he pulled it up and jumped in. Not to mention it would give him time to prepare for an attack.

Naomi cursed as her mark raced into the sewers. She stored her bow on her back then glanced at the dagger sheathed on her belt. She jumped down from the roof and drew her dagger, it glowed a deep purple light showing the significance of its magical effect. Each strike that landed would act like the victim was wearing an extra five pounds. She opened up the sewer grate and followed him down, her dagger in hand and ready for an ambush.

"It would be best not to move...assassin." Zongad said as he was at the other side of a gap aiming an arrow at her head. "I'd really like to get some questions from you. Like who payed you and why your after me." Zongad cocked the bow even more as it would hit her in the heart before she could even move if she decided to run for it.

Naomi froze and looked across the gap to see her mark. She figured that if he shot she would be able to deflect the arrow, but she wanted to avoid taking chances with this one. "I work for the Dark Brotherhood. We don't get told why, just how and when. How did you know I was on the roof?" She asked immediately after answering. Surely this one didn't have that kind of skill. Detecting the presence of life was serious magic, and he didn't look like any sort of magic user.

Zongad smiled at her simply. "I saw both you and your goons before you surrounded me. So I kept a good eye on you as I went into the alley. Kinda sad you'd kill someone for now more of a reason than someone told you too." With that he stepped back as he sighed, "Well, shall we meet again later my cute little Imperial girl." With that he stepped back through an exit way and locked the gate as he quickly ran off. No matter how well she was at picking doors it would take her still a bit of time to catch him. Soon enough he found himself back out of sewers as he rushed off into the waterfront.

Naomi rushed for the door and tried the handle before taking out her skeleton key and making short work of the lock. She still feared she had taken too much time though since there was nothing but empty sewer on the other side. She sighed then pulled back her cowl and let her hair down. She climbed out of the sewer and closed the grate behind her before heading back to her room at the Tiber Septim hotel. She changed back into her normal outfit ((as shown in profile pic)) and headed back out. Perhaps if she managed to find him again, she could catch him by surprise since she doubted he had seen her face behind the shadow of her cowl.

Apok squats against the spire once more, jumping long and far to another building as he remembers where the contact he's meant to connect with has been for the past couple of days. A few more longer jumps, and an angry store owner later, he finds himself in front of the tavern, his spear on his back before stepping through and sitting on the chair nearby the side of the door. "Now it's just a matter of patience," he says to himself before ordering himself an ale, not drinking it for now.

"Rrggg..."

An obviously irritated growl came from one of the many shacks on the waterfront, loud enough to be heard by those passing. The abandoned shack had been originally the housing place of two residents of the waterfront, though they had mysteriously disappeared some time ago. Inside of the shack now was a somewhat fair-skinned Breton, dressed in leather pants and boots, with the chest and hood laying on the floor beside him. The Breton's skin was charred and burnt in places, dark-blue hair falling over burns on his shoulders, the man obviously in pain.

Grumbling once more, he closed his eyes, hovering his hand over one of the burns on his arms. His chest bore both old and new scars dotted along under the burns - burns so bad in some places that a shift upon the part of the man caused it to crackle, gaining another hiss. Some kind of smoke hung around the ceiling, though the man seemed unbothered.

Slowly, painstakingly, the burns began to seal, moving back to whole, healthy, though somewhat red skin. The man breathed out once more, giving the attention to his other arm.

Against the wall within grabbing distance lay a seemingly normal-looking bow, at first glance, as well as a dagger, unsheathed. Upon closer examination, though, one would see the red glimmer from both, hinting at a more sinister enchantment laying below the surface of the seemingly ordinary weapons.

"Irritating guards..." came the deep voice of the man as he breathed out again, both arms restored now.

Zongad got to his house as he sighed, "Well, I guess this is more of a sign than anything to leave the capital." With that he pack his belongings. Which consisted of Potions, His sword and bow, Ebony Arrows, and of other things. Zongad sighed as he put his Reignment of valor in his bag. With that he began to walk out of his house carefully and sneak off to the water. Soon enough he emerge into the water as he swam through the water to get to the other end. Zongad then began to run through the forest as he looked back to the capital. "Hopefully our paths never meet again..."

After a few hours and some more drinks later, Apok and his contact are laughing as they reminisce on old times when they both would scamper about the city before they went their temporarily seperate ways. "Unfortunately, it seems that our employer has brought into reasoning that someone is out to kill the champion," his friend says out of the blue from their conversation. "The usual is that you only need to keep him protected for the next few weeks or so, and then return for payment. If he dies then we only get paid for half the time that he has been protected for, which isn't much as it is now adays."

"Well, sounds reasonable on it's own," Apok speaks once the briefing is finished, tilting his helmet up for a moment. "I'll see yah around Conrad, I'll drop by for a visit the next time I get to chat." With that he stands up and pays for the tab, his hand with a jug of ale before passing it to a man who seemed to be in the dumps over something. After a small travel he comes to the champion's establishment, knocking on the door before opening it and seeing that there seems to be an absense of the man. "Well this just got difficult..."

Once he got at the other side of the lake he sighed as he layed there for a bit. Then oddly a person on a horseback came to him. "Mr. Champion!" Zongad sighed as he looked at him. "What is it?" Zongad said as he was calm now. He took a letter to him as he opened it up. It seemed that the arena funded for a guard for him till the bounty was taken off him. "Heh, that is the sweetest thing they have ever done. Either that or they need the profit from me." With a sigh he got up as he was led back to the city by the messenger. Zongad then waited at a selected area that the messanger told him to wait as he went off to retrieve his guard.

After stepping back from the house and looking around Apok found himself approached by a horseman, looking up to be pointed down the street. "Thanks," he says with a smile and heads to the area, leaping onto a small wall, the top of a well, a shack, and then one of the smaller buildings before making his way down the street. Within minutes he drops down from a rooftop and leans on his spear. "Sorry I couldn't make it here sooner," he says with a smile. "I'm Apok the Hired, here to protect and assist where I can sir Champion."

Zongad looked at the man that confronted him. Zongad eyed him a bit as he then raised his hand to shake his. "It seems people only know me as the champion eh? Name is Zongad." He said to Apok as he looked around. "I find it odd how someone would want to kill me. Haven't even seen any rookies rising the ranks at the arena. Very odd, though I wished you came alot sooner since I was attacked. Nothing I couldn't handle of course." Zongad started to walk as he looked at him. "I guess the best place to stay is at my house. No point to hide out anywhere. It is the Brotherhood that is after me anyways."

"Good reasoning, though maybe there's something that such a guild, if I may call it as such, believes you would hinder," Apok says before shaking the hand, retracting his own afterwards to lean on his spear again. "The fortune would have been misplaced friend, being that for such an occurance of me to be around my employer requires the knowledge of the size of the attackers sent to take you out. Apparently it was three, though one was able enough to survive. If anything I'm more to protect you from that one instead of the others."

Dren looked out at the huge walls of the grand Imperial city as he approached them, in awe of the huge walls that could only rival Mournholds in his home country. The dark elf male had traveled all the way from Morrowind, on foot to this place, finding quite a bit of neat things on the way. Dren pushed open the doors of the imperial city. and walked in, greeting a guard as he did so. Dren looked out of place, in netch leather armor that clung to his form and wielding several rather exotic looking weapons. about him. Dren was a scout, he didn't need to worry about all that though.

The dark elf questioned a guard as to where he could find a reasonable, but cheap place to stay. The dark elf was a noble and accomplished, he had a lot of money back in morrowind, but where is the fun in adventuring when you weren't ruffing it? Dren took the guard's advice and spend a little longer wandering the area, stopping by The Best Defense to pick up some new gear to help him blend in a bit better before heading to the waterfront.

Dren stepped out onto the long bridge of the waterfront, gazing at the tower and making his way south, he would spend a little time here, asking sailors about latest rumors that he could investigate. Rumors sometimes lead to good things, other times, they lead to bad things.

He was a handsome elf, with shoulder length snow white hair and eyes the color of ruby he appeared well armed, a sword on his back and one on each hip, an odd looking longbow crossing the blade on his back. Dren had left most of his artifacts at home in his vault, but he did bring one with him. The dark elf stopped by a sign, taking a moment to read it "The bloated float?" He blinked, looking up at the sign and shook his head, walking back behind one fo the great wall, where there looked like there was a slum. Dren approached the group of buildings, looking around curiously.

Depressed with being unable to locate her mark any further, she decided to report in to her superior as she was told to do when she had completed the assignment. She walked up to the shack in the waterfront and knocked on the door. "Master Erdranor, are you there?" She asked after knocking. She hoped he wouldn't be too angry at her for failing her mission. She knew that if she had information on where the mark was headed or even who might be accompanying him if anyone, she would be able to plan better and take much more competent subordinates with her.

A deep growl came from the shack, Erdranor looking up at the knock. He had managed to heal most of the burns, and was beginning to settle in the shack for now, having little attention to move for a few hours. However, the sound had stirred the red-eyed Breton, the man recognizing the voice instantly. Giving a soft growl, then stretching his legs a bit, he opened the door, looking to the lower-ranked Brotherhood member.

"Naomi," he replied, stepping aside to let her in before shutting the door, settling back against the wall. Erdranor hadn't bothered to put his armor back on, and the leather lay to the side with the bow and dagger.

"I don't scent blood upon you," he said idly, expression calm as he spoke, both accusing and not somehow with his phrasing, yawning a bit and revealing the pointed fangs of the vampire to her. Most of the Brotherhood knew of his condition - he had accepted Vicente's offer while in the lower ranks, after all, and hadn't bothered to hide it.

He picked up Sufferthorn, inspecting the blade quietly as he waited for her to speak.

The Argonian looked at his bodyguard softly as he didn't know if it was a compliment he given him or not. "Well, I do believe I can take the girl down if I wanted to but, I actually let her live. Something about her...it seemed odd. She didn't seem like the other two. Though might have just been the adrenaline." Zongad shrugged as he made it back to the waterfront just after the assassin went into the building. Though he wouldn't of noticed her anyways. With it he went inside his house with the bodyguard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom