Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Suggestion BBCode Playground Section?

Vira

Withdrawn
Withdrawn
Hello! My name is Nat, but y'all can call me Vira! I'm new around here, and I was VERY excited to see the advanced BB code package is installed on this website. Super excited! But, after asking around and looking around with what limited capacity I have, even though y'all have a wonderful advanced package installed, there's no section on the site just dedicated to playing around with or testing code. People are forced to use journals. But a section to deal with BBC could be highly beneficial! People who are having troubles with getting their code to work can post questions, people can store all their codes or templates in one place, some people can create and post free code resources for people to use, you could post code tutorials for people new to BBC, etc.

It could be really good for people to have a spot to chat code, ask questions, experiment, or hold onto templates for quick applications. Or, at least, those are just my silly little, overly excited about computer code nerd thoughts on it. ; u;!

Anyways, thanks for taking the time to read this! I hope you all are having a good day!

As a member of the design team I have vested interest in BBCodes and making threads look pretty. I'm not a moderator or an admin so I don't really have a say in such matters but I'm willing to offer my insight. Honestly, from my experience, not a lot of people are also interested in actively testing BBCodes and reiterating on codes to make their threads look better, or even ask for help on the matter. I feel like right now all the activity in this matter is adequately housed in the journals section where people are allowed two threads (so they can keep an actual journal if they wish, and then a separate thread to test out their bbcodes and thread templates). Not only that, but this section I think can be used to ask questions on the topic. If anything, there could be a help thread dedicated specifically to help members with bbcodes and formatting. I think that could help, but I don't think there is enough activity regarding this issue to warrant a dedicated section. The help page does a spectacular job explaining the syntax imo.

Back
Top Bottom