Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Carnival of Curiosities

Whispered Secret

Spooning leads to Forking
Where the impossible is possible and the unexpected is anticipated

Here is a basic setup fr the sheet
----------------------------------------------------------
Name (nickname):

Position: Can be with the carnival or a short-term visitor

Appearance: Pictures welcome

Abilities/Race: Can be magical/mythical or mundane

Personality:

Background:
----------------------------------------------------------

My Characters

Name (nickname):
Old man Stan

Position:
Maintenance guy

Appearance:
Old – no one knows his age
Brushy grey beard, bald on the top of his heard, could look like Santa, if he wasn’t so scary looking

Abilities/Race:
Iron Mage
Can fix pretty much anything but especially anything made of metal

Personality:
Grumbles a lot to himself – has weird and far out sayings
Keeps an eye on Pixel
Crosses paths with the vet Stella a lot

Background:
Been working the carnival for as long as anyone can remember
No one knows or remembers where he came from or what he did in the past
1797824.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------​

Name (nickname):
Pixel

Position:
Runs around advertising for the carnival
Pickpocket – but knows not to steal until folks are leaving the carnival

Appearance:
18 years old
Springy and full of energy all the time – acrobatic
4´10
Pink dyed hair
Big blue eyes
Tiny build

Abilities/Race:
Human as far as she knows

Personality:
Loves working at the carnival
Annoying to the acts
Always pranking people

Background:
Her mother used to work for the carnival and Pixel was born there. A few years ago, when she was 15, her mother meet a man and ran off to marry him, leaving the young girl to be raised by the carnies – mainly Old man Stan
2982105.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------​

Name (nickname):
Stella

Position:
Cook/Vet
Serves all the artists food Keeps track of people’s special diets
Takes care of the animals – including the shifters – if they are hurt

Appearance:
21 years old
Regular build
Long, dark hair she keeps in a braid
Brown eyes

Abilities/Race:
Human

Personality:
Hates working at the carnival but has a debt to pay off
Tries not to talk to people but doesn’t take crap from anyone

Background:
Her father went into debt with the owner of the carnival (not the ringmaster) but he died before being able to pay it off, since she was almost finished her veterinarian education, the owner decided she would work off the remainder of her father’s debt, as a vet for the carnival.

thumb-1920-700922.jpg

Name and Position: I’ve used so many different names, here and elsewhere. You would, I believe, recognize some of them. You would believe me a liar or a poseur, when you recognized them, and I would be displeased by such an accusation. But here, I am known as the Ringmaster.”

Appearance: “My appearance varied, from time to time and place to place. Here, in this prison, I am two meters tall, possessed of ebon skin and icy blue eyed. My hearts beat at a sedate pace, not the thunderous hurry that you tedious creatures consider ‘normal’, and my skin foes not burn with your feverish heat. I have been told that my psychic landscape is a frozen waste of razor edges, so it would be best not to probe too closely.”

520C9577-15F9-45E4-8731-19B316B6C07F.jpeg [

Abilities/Race: “It is said that knowledge is power. I do not share power. And I am older than you would believe, I assure you.”

Personality: “The Psychologist once told me I was sociopath and a narcissist. I congratulated her for her powers perception.”

Background: “Please allow me to introduce myself: I'm a man of wealth and taste. I've been around for a long, long year, stoke many a man's soul to waste. And I was 'round when Jesus Christ had his moment of doubt and pain. I made damn sure that Pilate washed his hands and sealed his fate.

“You look skeptical, and for good reason. I lie with great frequency, to protect myself from pain. Because you’re seeing now a veteran of a thousand psychic wars. I've been living on the edge so long, where the winds of Limbo roar. And I'm young enough to look at, and far old to see. All the scars are on the inside. I'm not sure that's there's anything left to me.

“Hah! You still appear unconvinced. Very well then. It was I that the Almighty Power hurled headlong flaming from th' ethereal sky with hideous ruin and combustion down to bottomless perdition, there to dwell in adamantine chains and penal fire.

“And still you seem unsatisfied. Perhaps you would hear the take of the small child compelled to peer into a wound in reality itself, so that he could bear witness to the limitless gulfs of infinity and understand his place therein? Of the grown man who, fired by that vision, waged war across the heavens?

“But no. Let us dwell instead on why I am here, in this time and place. Like the rest of you I am a prisoner. The owner of this quaint circus holds a Key, a very special Key, one that keeps me bound here. But I will find it. And I will be free.

“And then the universe will tremble.”

Name and Position: abathur - beastmaster/ the circus protector using his monsters.

Appearance

Abilities/Race: zerg, he is a living DNA gene bank of his species, evolution incarnate some would say, always experimenting and finding new ways to make his monsters better and more effective in combat though not using them for anything like that and more like a defense and a show at the same time. Can also manipulate other people’s DNA if they let him to force certain evolutions on their body like tails or claws.

Personality: cold, calculating and to the point. When not showing off his creations he can be found in his evolution pit experimenting and trying to chase the endless goal of perfection, likes and will do anything to keep chasing it.

Background: was created to keep the species in tact and able to grow in numbers again in case of an almost total extinction as well as evolving his mind to face and destroy almost anything even if total perfection is impossible as there will always be flaws somewhere in his creations but at least he can fix those flaws even if they also create new flaws. Does not mind who he is serving as long as they are a leader with strong will and purpose that drives his own purpose to serve them for that strength, moving on to a new leader as he has already done many times who is stronger than the last and also being able just to continue his experiments.

Name (nickname): Iris

Position: Acrobat, specializing in aerial silks

Appearance: Tall and curvy, with vibrant red hair and piercing green eyes.

558c68d2b58d1f4d380b1fc050234d47.jpg

Abilities/Race: Nymph

Personality: Playful and mysterious, hiding a wistful longing for a home that no longer exist.

Background: Iris once made her home in an idyllic glade, complete with a babbling brook. And while she preferred her solitude, she absolutely delighted in teasing and and playing tricks on the mortals who ventured near her home. Nothing malicious, but she's never understood the human concepts of modesty or monogamy. Unfortunately, one victim of her playful antics was the circus owner, and took his revenge by claiming a pearl that binds Iris to him. Now Iris travels with the circus, hoping to reclaim her pearl, and her freedom.

Back
Top Bottom