Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Dreams of the World (CasualVelociraptor x amante)

Nakia stepped into the bridge just as Chloe called out in fear and pain, jogging up the last steps into the room and running to Chloe’s side. “Miss Guthrie? Miss Guthrie?” Nakia asked her, grabbing the paper as he got to his knees next to her. His eyes widened as he read the headline. “Allfather keep us” he whispered. Far more was afoot than a simple powergrab it seemed. He put the paper aside, attending to Chloe. He pulled her to a sitting position as her tears fell, rubbing her back supportively, but saying nothing as she made her feelings clear on the news.

“Hooo...haaaa...” Chloe inhaled and exhaled repeatedly as she tried to calm herself down. “Th-Thanks Nick. That feels really nice,” she added, complementing the prince’s soft hands and technique in the process, and absentmindedly cooing from it as well.

What he may not have realized before but could definitely see now was that, as Chloe collected herself and resumed piloting her ship, she only had a billowy cotton nightie on.

“I’m...sorry to hear that Alice might have gotten caught up in this terrible business, Chloe,” Kalisha sighed after yawning and reading through the fallen paper, then stretching in her tight red two piece nightgown, revealing much of her cleavage. “Is she your...friend? Girlfriend?”

Chloe bayed with laughter for a minute, loud enough to wake up Akari, who was still in her uniform that she’s slept in as she groggily ascended the stairs. “Sorry, Ms. Haroun, I wasn’t laughing at you. It’s just funny because Alice Guthrie is my sister.” That caused Kalisha to laugh along while Akari looked sleepy and confused.

“Is that what all this terrible racket has been about?” Sajida snapped while in Edolynsa brand robe. “Trust me, Chloe, I met your sister while she was is in Surabamba helping the Empire lay waste to it. If anybody escaped Caledoria’s long-overdue reckoning, it’s a murderer like her. Now, try to keep it down until we reach our destination, if you please.”

“Hey! What are you...?” Chloe asked, but Sajida then went back into her room and slammed the door.

“What the dragon’s farts is she talking about?” Chloe muttered. “I know that Alice went off to war after I went away, and I’ve read that the Empire hasn’t been...y’know; the greatest to Surabamba, so I don’t blame Sajida for that, but Alice did nothing but protect me and our little brother Eddie growing up, and become a world famous detective who put away serial killers and the like! She wouldn’t hurt a fly unless she had to.”

Now she was getting herself into a rare bout of anger, and slammed her fist against the window. “The nerve of that woman, stowing away on my ship and insulting my sister! I ought to throw her out the window and see what she thinks then.”

“Let’s just take it easy,” Kalisha said, gently gripping Chloe’s shoulders after she got out of her chair. “I’ll try to talk to her.”

“And I have, uh...a thing, somewhere else,” a stunned Akari said as she rubbed the back of her head and then darted out of the room.

“I want to at least believe Sajida when she said Alice would be okay,” Chloe sighed as she sat back down on the pilot’s seat in defeat. “But I thought she’d be okay when I left Caledoria. That I’d come back after traveling the world, finding the adventures I never had, and then tell her all about them. But what if it’s too late? What if I never see Alice or Eddie again?!”

Tears welled in her eyes again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom