Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Do you have an inner dialogue?

Do you think in internal words before you speak aloud?

• Yes, it's my own voice inside my head

Votes: 30 61.2%
  • No, when I think words, I am speaking them aloud

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Sometimes it is a little of both

Votes: 17 34.7%

• Total voters
I can consciously visualize when I want to, and sometimes for big life stuff I do have images that I come back to. But otherwise, it's full paragraphs and pages in here. And the run on sentences are legendary.

In my day to day, it's normally my own voice in my head when I think something. Occasionally, it's images if they're invoked or drawn out imaginings if I've slipped into a day dream or something, but mostly it's me talking to me. If I'm RPing, then I might have a guest as the character sort of talks to me. The more I get into the head of that character or the longer I play them, the more clear the voice gets, but normally only when I'm doing something that involves them or might interest them.

my mind is a disorganized mess of images, sounds, and somehow feelings that may or may not be related to things at present. i use internal dialogue when i'm trying to accurately read writing and i typically assign a voice to the words depending on how i perceive the speaker, although i struggle with this at times due to my previously mentioned mess of a brain.

i think it's kind of learned behavior for me, though. i dunno if it's common for other people, but i started this habit after reading a lot of books when i was a kid. reading with a voice ALWAYS helped me with harder texts so i just started doing it subconsciously. funny now how i have to focus a little harder to do it though.

This is one of my favourite concepts, I love hearing how other people think, it’s fascinating!

I have an internal dialogue, I hear all my thoughts, but often it’s not a single voice narrating , it’s almost like a conversation with myself.

I always love hearing about people who think in images, think that must be quite a beautiful way of thinking, rather then the voices in the dark void i experience.

It's more like inner chorus or forum.

I have to do a lot of eletro-mechanical trouble shooting in my line of work. I have my "engineer voice" that I work with. Sometimes asking myself questions internally or externally, helps me think differently about the problem I am assessing.

In writing I do something similar. For lack of a better term I have mental profiles I shift into to react to a situation and or for creating dialogue. It's like mental vetroliqism or puppeting. The voices/mannerisms are different, but they are still me. I'll have o think on this to create a better way to illustrate or explain.

I talk to myself aloud a lot. And I talk to myself inwardly a lot.
But that's also distinct from thoughts I have that aren't part of a concious "conversation" I'm having with myself.

Back
Top Bottom