Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Question First post repeated on each page of the thread

Praxis

𝓽𝓸 𝓫𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓱𝓮, 𝓽𝓸 𝓯𝓮𝓮𝓵...
Staff member
Officer
I've dug about the preferences here pretty thoroughly - seeing what I could and could not do...

and, no - I don't believe there is. I know sometimes it functions as a Banner/Header for projects. In those cases its great. For every thread, I could see it being an issue.

DigitalSiren

Some girls have always had a thing for the wolf...
Staff member
You can turn it off, if it's what I am thinking it is. The first post of a thread can be set to sticky. Just uncheck the option at the bottom. I don't know if you can do it after the fact though.

DigitalSiren

Staff member
When starting a thread, if you hit more options, you would get these options:

Untitled.jpg

OP
Lurker

Lurker

Goofball
I do not see the "more options". I suspect that it is only available to mods/admins.

It appears that this setting is the default in some forums (the request forums for example), and cannot be changed by mere mortals.
Kind of an inconvenience for those who use auto-paging add-ons.

Staine

I like to ridickalickalicka bunny ^.-
Welcoming Committee
I can change it when I start a new thread and always have been able to from what I know, the sticky post option at least. The other two I just don't have at all, but the red arrow one for sure.

DigitalSiren

Staff member
It might staff only, from welcoming committee up :c

I'm really sorry about that! I didn't know.

OP
Lurker

Lurker

Goofball
My guess is that the permissions are set per-forum

For example, I can edit this thread and choose whether to sticky a post:

1599880301726.png

But I could not do it in the request forum -- the input was disabled.

I think it should be looked at.

ToWriterAndWander

Super-Earth
I think its in the REQUEST FORUM since subsequent posts are bumps, so when you get on page two, it still shows the first post (usually the one with the ideas in it) instead of forcing the viewer to have to click back to the first page to see the requests.

OP
Lurker

Lurker

Goofball
I agree that this is often the case, but main the reason that I started the question was that I happened across a request thread in which the subsequent posts are no mere bumps but contain actual content that supersedes the first one, and sticking the first post makes it confusing.

It would be nice to allow the thread creator to override the stickiness, like in other sections.

Seranda

I'm Better Than You.
I agree that this is often the case, but main the reason that I started the question was that I happened across a request thread in which the subsequent posts are no mere bumps but contain actual content that supersedes the first one, and sticking the first post makes it confusing.

It would be nice to allow the thread creator to override the stickiness, like in other sections.
If you are referring to mine, I now understand what you mean. My first post has a list of plots and claims to have ten posts (which are all on the first page. I guess you can't win them all. You're the first to bring this up to me.

Top Bottom