Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Let's talk appearance! What's your personal favourite videogame character when it comes to visual design?

SakuraNya

Meteorite
Wilbell voll Erslied has always had a special place in my heart as a bit of a witch girl enthusiast, aside from that, back when I played League of Legends I played Kindred for their design alone, and I also personally adore two.. admittedly stereotypical picks, Link and D.Va~

I've never seen a thread like this before so I'm very curious ^^

If you ask me what I am physically most attracted to I would go for Tifa from Final Fantasy 7.

Last edited:
Hm. There's quite a few that spring to mind...
King of Dinosaurs (King of Fighters): simply because he's a pro-wrestler and his gimmick is based around being a Dinosaur
Azrael (Blazblue): I'm a sucker for pugilists in more weapons based games (basically everyone has a sword, axe, gun but here's this mofo who just PAWNCHES shit)
Giovanna (Guilty Gear strive): Even if the game ain't out, her appearance is a big part of why I want to play her. Business Casual is always a plus in my book (so I guess also through in King, Vice, Mature and Vanessa from KoF as well ^-^;)

I'm outing myself as a rabid Undertale fan, but Ralsei has got to be my favorite character design. I also really like Prince Sidon's character design in BOTW

There are only a couple of games that I will take the time to make MC look a certain way. You guessed it, Dragon Age is one of those games and I'd gotten my Character creation down from 2 hours to about 5 minutes. The outfit is the same.

NdUz4sk.jpg
Cz2SqmT.png
2rZRBOb.jpg
eGTjNZ9.gif
kqxAP1b.jpg

This is me go-to for my Dalish lass no matter the class I choose.. Happy Writing to everyone <3

Connor from Assassin's Creed 3
Bayek from Assassin's Creed Origins
Nero from Devil May Cry 5
Vergil from Devil May Cry 5
Lady from Devil May Cry 5
Anna from Metro: Exodus
Arthur Morgan (Summer Gunslinger Outfit) from Red Dead Redemption 2

Kiryu from Yakuza 6 and Zero.

If I had a decent picture of him but my boss dude from Saints Row 2 and 3.

Cloud had a much better look overall in the remake.

I guess I have a few game characters I find attractive for different reasons. Not all of them purely physical in nature.

So, explicitly on the basis of sex appeal, and that "badass bitch" vibe...

1) Christie (DOA)
2) Ivy Valentine (Soul Calibur)

Now as for a character I love all around for her personality as equally as her looks, Aloy (Horizon Zero Dawn). She was as rebellious as she was inquisitive, but mercifully lacked that typical "chip on your shoulder" over-confident streak characters with a "destiny" often suffer from.

This is a tough question. My favorite game was Darksiders 2 with Death as the main horseman, but I'd say the villain Samael was more bad-ass than Death. He was also my favorite boss-fight in that game. He may not have been the hardest guy to beat, but it was fun fighting him. And his voice! You would guess he was some kind of evil demon before even seeing him.

As for sex appeal, I'm gonna have to agree with some of the aforementioned characters: Tifa from Final Fantasy VII and Ivy from Soul Calibur 2. Ivy might be more appealing because of her classic dominatrix bearing and amazon body, but...Tifa is a literal knock-out childhood friend who owns a bar and has a crush on you, and has no trouble fighting alongside you and your buddy even though you have a big-ass sword and the other guy is a muscle head with a gun for an arm.

For me, it has to be Scias from Breath of Fire 4. I'm not usually one for anthro-type character designs, but everything from the long-ass blade that he carries to the Rastafarian robes and his sandals just calls out to my inner baggy jean-wearing hippy. He's everything you can want in a character: a samurai, a pot-head, and a loyal companion.

Visual Design for a Male in a Game: Nathan Drake from Uncharted. I like the everyman design, yet stylish treasure hunter design to it.

Visual Design for a Female in a Game: Urbosa from Breath of the Wild. Man, those hips don't lie.

Any of the main cast from Children of Morta. Their designs ride thsie great line of extremely expressive and full of personality while also being grounded and down to earth. Here are some of the sprites.

6fc0d95ab490f01303e579efefab7412.gif
c806d1ed78cf93105c505ba43a61fc47.gif
dcb32ef2e6136c24298e32e2e3510af7.gif

Not sure if I'd say he's my 'favorite' but Raziel from the Legacy of Kain series always struck me as really cool looking. A ghoulish, emaciated and rotting vampire with tattered wings is edgy as shit but I love it.

If you ask me what I am physically most attracted to I would go for Tifa from Final Fantasy 7.
YES.
My first, and to this day, biggest videogame crush is still Tifa. It's a timeless design, and honestly? I liked the Remake's take on it a whole lot as it made her look like an actual bouncer with the pleated skirt and sports bra.

As for my picks?

Leon S. Kennedy and Jill Valentine from the Resident Evil series (4's design for Leon, OG 3's for Jill), they are my favorite characters.

Goro Majima from the Yakuza series. Loved to see my boy in a suit in 0. Awesome and really layered and complicated character, and it's reflected by his outfit and eyepatch.

Alena from the Dragon Quest series, followed up by Solo, the Hero of DQ IV.

Last ones would probably be Alicia Melchiott from Valkyria Chronicles, KOS-MOS from the Xenosaga series, and Dante from Devil May Cry. A pretty iconic hero from one of the best Capcom series. Don't play many fighting games, so I am afraid I can't give my input on that for the time being.

Back
Top Bottom