Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Old tabletop books

Zaval

Super-Earth
Every so often, I go hunting for old tabletop books from games I used to play with friends way back in the day. Not that I'm confident I can play them again, but because I just like having them (especially as finding actual print copies is getting harder these days. Doubly so if the publisher was, say, R. Talsorian).

I recently got my hands on Mekton Zeta again - pnp RPG that apes classic '70s/'80s mecha animes such as Gundam (the UC era), Macross/Robotech, and the like. Fun time all around, even if the life paths generator from the character creation can get a little odd based on the rolls.

(As an aside, combat rolls could also get a little silly - I get rolling for hit location on the mecha, but for some reason our group's dice really had it out for the left legs even when they were already destroyed.)

Anyone have any classic roleplaying or game books they went out of their way for in the name of nostalgia?

I despair at ever finding a group to play, but I still love the Old World of Darkness, and every once in a while I pick up a sourcebook for that sweet, sweet lore.

I have oWoD books on my bookshelf and some of the nWoD, but man am I kicking myself for purging the oWoD collection.

Also have a copy of AEON Trinity from back in the day, although I've only ever played the one game.

@Birdy if you're still around, I'm also looking for oWoD players.

Back
Top Bottom