Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mobile keyboard disappearing when hitting enter

GildedDragonfly

Works Too Much
Edit:
TL/DR: After a bit of testing from a few different members and google searches we've discovered that the issue can be fixed one of two ways.
1) If you turn off the rich text view on the editor (by hitting the gear icon on the bar above) it will keep the keyboard from disappearing.
2) Using a different browser besides Chrome appears to also work. There is currently no ETA on when it can be fixed, but it is an issue with the latest build of Chrome that came out recently.

Original Post:
Let me preface by saying that I've restarted my phone, updated all of my apps, updated my browser, changed keyboard apps to the default Samsung keyboard rather than the SwiftKey keyboard that I use.

When I hit this button (see picture below) my keyboard disappears entirely.

20200827_011712.jpg

This has not happened before recently, though I can't pinpoint when the last time I used my phone to respond to a PM message since I've been away to prep for the hurricane but I've been chatting with folks ooc off and on the last few days

If I hit the gear icon to turn on/off the stylized view it doesn't make my keyboard minimize. I'm running chrome for Android mobile and it does NOT happen in the default internet browser regardless of the stylized view being on or off.

So it's happening in both PM and forum response (since they have the same editor) with at least two keyboard apps inside of Chrome, but it's not happening outside of Chrome.

If anyone knows how to fix besides switching browsers and turning off the stylized view I'd appreciate it.

Last edited:
I have a note 8 and this isn't happening with my Gboard...

Lessee

Samsung keyboard?

Working. : /

Try resetting your keyboard to default settings?

I have a galaxy Note10 and it's doing it to me, too. I tried resetting my keyboard to default, also. I hit backspace or enter and the keyboard disappears. It's only doing it to me on BMR when I'm on my phone. It's driving me nuts.

Is there a way to turn off the little up and down arrows-because it seems to be trying to react to those rather than the backspace or enter.

I have a Galaxy 10 plus. I haven't had a chance to reset my keyboard, but considering the testing I did that narrowed it down to this website and chrome I don't think that would fix the issue on my end, either. It's not happening on Elliquiy and it hasn't happened prior to the last week or so and I have changed no settings on my end.

I'm also having the same issue on mobile. Using Galaxy keyboard on Note 10+. First noticed it last night. Keyboard disappears whenever I hit the delete button or return button. Cleared cache / data and all that with same issue. Installed Gboard and it seemed to work for a few posts, but started doing the exact same thing. Only happens with this site. Have been able to use same Galaxy keyboard on other message boards with no issues.

On my LG android I can hit enter just fine but if I backspace now it deletes one character and closes my keyboard, forcing me to reopen for every character I want to erase.

Certainly seems to be an issue with Samsung devices. I'm on two different (phone, tablet) devices that have both been having this issue as of last night.

Installing Gboard did fix the issues temporarily, but it has since returned moments ago on both devices.

Very strange.

@Praxis Could you tell us what versions of phone and tablet you're using? I had a friend try it out on a Samsung Note 9, and they didn't have the issue. Vek tried it out on an 8 and couldn't recreate it.

@Lord DreamCrusher Are you able to tell what version of Android you're running?

Tablet is a Samsung S5e

Phone is a Samsung A71

Phone - Android 10

Tablet - Uncertain (not in front of me) though I'm fairly sure it was updated very recently.

My phone is running Android 10 as well.

@Vekseid It seems like it might be an issue with how the editor on chrome interacts with the keyboards on Android 10? It does actually do the input, but then it closes a moment later and that sounds like how it works for the LG phone, too, but with the backspace button.

LG K20V with android version 7.0

For note I did have a few instances today where hitting enter had the same effect, though that was much more rare for me than backspace. The problem doesn't happen every time but seems to occur after repeated presses. Like if I backspace once or twice during a post it might not happen but if I do so more than that it will eventually crop up.

There's no bug report on Froala about this, and if I can't reproduce it personally I am kind of at a loss.

I have a more modern phone I've been neglecting, can see if I can reproduce it there.

In the mean time, does Firefox work okay for people on Android?

I will give Firefox a whirl tomorrow.

Hadn't considered that. I also have some older devices I can power on. See what happens where and with what ✌️

Okay so I installed Firefox for testing purposes and right now it doesn't seem to have the same problem as Chrome. I've mashed backspace and enter without issue.

The only time it closes when I hit backspace is when it's at the first place with nothing in front of it. That seems to be a feature on XenForo because I don't have that happen on other websites. Since we have someone who has the issue of it closing when they hit backspace, perhaps the same thing is affecting them both?

Vek, is there anything inside of XenForo for mobile keyboards in terms of settings?

Edit: Pressing enter in Android keyboard hides the keyboard

They've reported it on XenForo's websites it looks like.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom