Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Card Tricks (Zexy and Merc)

Merc

Planetoid
Sean stepped off of the large boat that brought all of the Obelisk Blue students to Duel Academy and let out an almost inaudable sigh of relief. He was happy to be back on dry land, his stomach which had been rolling since he had step foot on the ship finally settled. Of course you wouldn't know it to look at his face of course, he was careful to keep his face blank most times, a trick he had learned for dueling. For some reason that he couldn't figure out the girls seemed to like it. Or at least he had heard two girl's whispering about how it made him seem so mysterious once.

Of course he had good looks to go with it. His body was trim and fit underneath th blue and white uniform of his dorm. A shock of dark brown hair topped his head and partially covered brillant green eyes. Overall the impression was one of an intense person who tended to keep to himself, something he was quite happy with. He was here for one thing and one thing only, and that was to learn how to duel and how to be the absolute best. His hand slipped down to the deck box strapped to his belt, just viasable underneath his white and blue coat.

All around him students happily greeted each other, seeing old friends again and finding out what they had done over the summer. Sean kept himself apart though, the same attatude that seemed to make the girls dream about him also making him a bit of a loner at the academy. So Dodging around the grous of chatting students, and quite aware of some stares at his departing backside, he grabbed his bag from the pile. It looked like it was time for yet another school year, hopefully one where he would be able to take his game to the next level. And maybe time for something else if he could find the time.

" Miss...Miss! Miss! You can't leave just yet!" ' Please don't be talking to me. Please don't be talking to me.... " Miss! Miss please!" And sure enough it was with that last call that Ryu felt a hand on her shoulder, attempting to keep her from walking any further. Yeah...he was calling out for her. Wonderful...Counting to ten the girl let out a deep sigh, looking over her shoulder at the man behind her, a frown on her face. " Is there something I can help you with mister..." " Mr. Hill." " Ok then, Mr. Hill. Is there something I can do for you?" She didn't know why she was asking the question, she already knew the answer. She already knew why the man wanted her to stop and head straight for the principals office. " U-um yes. You can't just rack a boy and except to walk off the boat without any teacher confrontation!"

Sure enough Ryu Hana had racked a boy, rather hard to, about three minutes ago on the boat but he deserved it! That stupid boy provoked her and then had the nerve to call her names! She didn't even do anything to him. All she did was sit in her seat listening to her iPod and trying to fall asleep on the boat trip here. She just wanted a little bit of peace and quiet, but did she get it? No. The boy messed with her hair and then had the nerve to call her names out of lack of things to do with his time. So what did she do? Well, her brothers and cousins taught her one thing; if someone talks about you, teases you, or makes fun of you make sure they never do it again. Ryu had been following that golden rule since the third grade and she continued to follow it today. She didn't do anything on the boat, but as soon as he stood up she racked him, hard, and then made her way off the boat as if nothing was wrong. And now she was in trouble for it...wonderful.

" I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to report to the principals office immediately." " Do I really have to?" The girl turned around to face him, her hands now in the pockets of her tight blue jeans, a curious look wondering around in those ice blue eyes of hers. " After all he provoked me first." " I'm sorry b-but..." " How about this," A grin played its way across her lips as she began to rock back and forth on her heels, a mischievous glint now in her eyes. " Right after the opening ceremonies and I get put into my house I'll go where ever you want me to. I'd rather not miss that stuff you know?" She looked down at him, she was about 5'7 and he must have been about 5'5, waiting for an answer. He was obviously thinking about it. " I...I...Well..." she placed a finger to his lips, shaking her head. " Thank you. Just call my name over the intercoms or something ok? Ryu Hana." She placed her hands behind her back, giving him a small bow. " Thank you." She said simply, hiding the happiness in her voice as she walked away.

Judging by the way she talked, or at least handed things, it would have been hard to imagine that the girl was a freshmen. Yep, this was her first time entering the duel academy. It could have been obvious by the fact that unlike most of the people here she wasn't in uniform. Instead of wearing some kind of blazer and a skirt she wore a pair of tight blue jeans and a black halter top that may have been just a little revealing with her 36D bust, but thats why she wore a white half jacket over it. Her long, extremely long actually, black hair was in a single long braid down her back, a red ribbon keeping it together. Hopefully she would be able to get out of these clothes today and into an actual uniform. She could care less about the color, as long as she got in she would be happy.

Sean might not move through the social circles too much, in fact he didn't really do it at all, but even he had heard the rumors. A girl dropping a boy in one hit on the boat, some sort of freshman who had decided that the rules didn't apply to her. There had even been rumors of a girl going crazy and dropping a teacher that had tried to stop her. Sean figured that the last one was probably a bit of a strech if even true at all, but it did make a good story. After all every year needed it's own little story to make it interesting and it looked like this girl had decided that she was going to be that story.

It might just be interesting enough to check on that story in a few more days, see if she added onto it, but for right now it was time for the opening ceramony. This was actually one part of the year that Sean really and truely enjoyed himself at. It was always fun to look down at the freshman and size them up, try to figure out which ones were going to be the best, which ones would fail out, and even which ones would go into each of ther houses. Sean tended to be pretty good at it, usually calling all of the freshman correctly even if he was only doing it in his head.

By the time the older Obelisk Blue had gotten to the auditorim it was mostly full, almost time for the presentation to begin. The noise in the room was almost like running into a solid wall of sound. The noise made by so many teenagers all shoved into a single space was almost deafening. So pretty much it was the same as it always was. Sean grabbed hmself a seat in the front row of the circular auditorium. As usual he was given plenty of space around him, the other students in the school not wanting to particularly sit next to him. He watch the freshmaen as they entered. Hell, he might even be able to pick out the wild girl by looks alone.

Ryu smiled as she walked inside the school, amazed at the sheer size of it. There was nothing she wanted to do more then go and look around. Sadly though she knew she had to head off to a special room where freshmen had to go. From what she had read they would be given a short speech and run though of the rules, a little late for that on her part, before heading off to duel and get placed into their ranks. And that would take place in about...five minutes...and she had no idea what room it was in. Crap! " Hey Ryu!" Turning around at the sound of her name she noticed a girl that she had met on the boat and had quickly become friends with, Cassie. " What's up?" " You know that your going the wrong way right?" " Umm...no." she chuckled a bit, walking over to the blond haired girl and following her into the room where all of the freshmen were suppose to meet.

To her surprise it was the man that she had met eariler that was greeting them. He really didn't seem like a teacher...He was like a teddy bear almost, a really hot, really fragile teddy bear. He was well built with long blond hair, falling to his hips and kept back into a pony tail. His skin was some what pale, but that was ok. The best part was his eyes though, his gorgeous crystal blue eyes. She really wouldn't mind getting lost in them, along with a few other girls it seemed, for they were more focused on him then anything he was saying. " Now remember," he started before they had to go out, " Even if you lose its ok. You're being based upon skill not if you win or lose. So just try your best." Out of all the things he said that had to be the only thing Ryu took seriously...But of course she had to, she was the first one up.

Heading out she let out a sigh, hoping that she would do just fine and not screw up. She was a good duelist and her desk was pretty hard to beat, but when she was nervous it was easy for her to lose focus but she couldn't let that happen. Taking a deep breath she slipped on the duel disk the referee gave her and removed her deck from the holder around her leg, putting her deck into place. And so the duel was underway. As it began she found herself calming down a whole lot more to the point where she was actually about to..., well, focus. And because of that she managed to finish the duel rather quickly and win. Even though her actions wouldn't have shown it she used a beautiful plant type deck, but there was one monster that she hadn't gotten to bring out that was beautiful and deadly all at the same time. Exiting the dueling area she headed back to where she was suppose to wait, suppressing the urge to jump up and down happily.

Sean actually found his attention drawnto a particular duel quite quickly, focusing on it a bit more than he did the rest of the duels. Even if it hadn't been for the whispering and the pointing he could have figured out that this was the wild girl. It was hard to tell what had drawn him to that conclusion. The long hair and well curved body screamed of a more femenine nature, but the clothes and above all the way she held herself also screamed of a person who wouldn't hesitate to put a guy down that was bothering her.

It was that interesting sense of duality about the girl that drew his eye in the most. He could see good looking girls by the dozen at the academy and if he wanted he coudl probably find plenty who would punch a guy, but the ability to be both in one package was quite interesting. It didn't hurt that she seemed to know how to duel fairly well.

After the girl exited the match Sean leaned back into his chair, letting his eyes roam over the other duels, but not paying much attention to any of them. His thoughts were instead on the interesting sight he had seen.

"What is her name." Sean asked the boy two rows behind him. The Obelisk Blue didn't bother turning around or even try to work out a name, but the boy that he asked responded all the same, Sean's reputation working for him.

"That's Ryu Hana. The girl that decked that guy on the ship." THe boy answered right away. He seemed unsure if Sean speaking to him was an invitation to start a conversation, but he decided to press on anways. "She sure is hot though."

Sean shrugged and stood from his seat, effectivly ending the conversation with the other student. Then he was out of the auditorium, walking the halls and thinking.

It didn't take long until the duels were over, then again being the first one to go things flew by for her quickly anyway. So when the last duel was over and the freshmen were forced to wait in the back until their names were called she was excited, then again so was everyone else in the room.

" Um...Miss. Hana.." Ryu turned around at the familiar voice and sure enough it was the teacher with the pretty blue eyes. " Hm?" " It's after the opening duels so..." Wow, and here she thought he wouldn't call her out on it. But there was nothing she could say or do at this point in order to get out of going to see her new principal this time. " Alright I'll go.." Grabbing her little black back pack from one of the benches she slung the thing over her shoulder, listening as the other students were called to come receive their new uniforms and put into their new ranking. If anything she would probably get her uniform and what not in the principals office.

" Ms. Hana," " Yes Mr.Matfield?" Ryu leaned back in the comfortable black leather chair, not really focused on what the man was saying but instead how much she would have loved to grab her favorite stuffed animal and blanket and snuggle up in this chair. " I know this is your first year here so you don't know about all of our rules but we have a strict no violence policy." " Yeah...." Even though those were the words that came out of her mouth she really wanted to say something a lot more sarcastic. But this was her first time meeting a man and she was already here on a bad note, no need to make it worse.

" So do I get a punishment of some sort or am I just here as a wast-.." she stopped again, biting her lip. She could be sarcastic later. " Well you could call it a punishment if you want to but..." he trailed off momentarily, looking at a small wrapped up package on the side of his desk. " That's yours, take it." Exactly what could a principal have for her that was wrapped up? Nothing good, that was what. Taking the little package she opened it up, her uniform inside. Her red uniform inside, and her class list. " You are a very talented duelist Ms. Hana but your attitude needs a little..." " Adjustment?" " Yeah. So until that happens I'm afraid we're going to have to keep you at a Slifer Red. If there's improvement we'll move you up."

Even though it was the lowest ranking uniform Ryu could honestly care less. She was still here and hadn't been kicked out by administration and that was all that mattered. " Alrighty. Thank you for your time Mr. Matfield. I'm going to go change now and try to find my dorm." Standing up she listened as the man gave her one more tiny lecture before heading in the bathroom outside of the office, trying the thing on. Even though it was a skirt it still looked kinda nice on her, with the exception of the front in the back. It was to tight in one place and the other place was lifting up a bit to much for her liking. Ah well, that just meant she would be wearing shorts under things. No problem with her.

Slinging her bag over her back again she made her way out of the bath room and into the halls, wondering just which way she should have been going. " Probably should have asked for a map on my way out.." she murmured, unbraiding her hair out of nerves.

Sean walked the halls of the school, his hard boots tapping against the tiles. Though while his muscles moving his brain was slowly ticking over what he had seen in the arena. Of course some of the thoughts were just displacment activity, creating counters to the decks of the various freshmen, not much work since most of them hadn't put too much thought into their decks. Still hsi thoughts returned to the girl. It wasn't as if he was infatuated or anything, no love at first site was something stupid romance writers fawned over, but she was an interesting problem. A skilled duelist of course, but one that was going to flout authority at the same time.

Still even though his thoughts were busy he still noticed the girl as he rounded the corner. The brown haired boy stopped, looking down at the girl in front of him. Now that he was closer he could tell that he had a good few inches on her, enough that he was looking down at her to see her face. She was good looking at this distance. Not the stirkingly beuatiful woman that was unreachable and therefore never actually thought of by men as a real date, but just a quite pretty girl.

Despite the obvious distracting choices of where to look at her, and the uniform didn't really help, he kept looking at her eyes to get a read on the girl. Again the strage mixture of certainly feminine and yet somewhat rough still hit him. The good looks along with the feeling of self confidence was striking. Of course it looked like that confidence was a bit lower now, the girl playing with her hair and obviously somewhat lost.

"I thought that red would have been a bit low for you after your duel." Sean said, focusing on the color of her jacket for the first time.

Well....I can try to make an attitude adjustment my the end of the marking period and get up a little higher then I am...Then again I shouldn't have much of a reason to care because these uniforms obviously don't mark how good you are.... Which was true. If the uniforms marked how well a person was at dueling then she wouldn't be wearing the color red, maybe yellow, maybe blue, she wasn't sure and for the next couple of weeks there was no way that she would possibly find out, hell she may never find out. It wasn't that Ryu was naturally smart assed, sarcastic yes, hostile, and a little violent, people brought those things out in her. Her thing was if some one else started a problem she would end it and make sure it stayed that way. On a normal basis she was actually very...quite, preferring to stay with herself rather then deal with others. She did have her days though that she would be a social butter fly, it always depended on her mood. One day she could be one thing and the next day she could be something completely different. Maybe she was bipolar...hm...

Finishing up with her hair she tied the ribbon around her wrist, the locks now falling to her ankles, if not a few inches longer. Yes her hair was long, unreasonably long actually, but she didn't care, and she only ever cut it if it started to drag on the floor behind her. Some people said it was a little...ridiculous. But she couldn't have short hair. With her body being the shape and length it was having short hair was a no no. That was bad, and not the most attractive thing in the world.

Upon walking down the hall though her attention was brought away from...well, nothing important at the sound of a male voice. Looking up (( something she hadn't had to do so far )) she blinked, relaying the statement in her mind for a moment. " Well...when you try to teach people a lesson for being jack asses turns out the school system doesn't see your way of handing things ideal..." Which was more or less true...Now that she thought about it though...Damn it! She had a slight problem with doing what she pleased when it came to disciplinary actions...Crap, she would probably be a Red for her entire school life then.

"Well that might make you feel better, but you aren't going to end up getting very far that way." That one comment had told Sean quite a lot about her. Someone who was willing to pass on what might be her eventual benefit in order to do what she wanted to do at that time. It was the sign of someone who tended to be passionate , firey, and usually didn't think ahead for any strech of time. Usually they didn't make very good duelists though obviously there were certain excpetions.

"Well I guess that doesn't matter too much. Your new to this school so I guess I should help you out some." Of course this was not something that Sean usually did. More than happy to just let the freshman bumble around the school and get themselves quite lost. Still he was willing to break that rule for interesting people. Most guys would probably think he was trying to hit on the girl, after all that would be what they would do, but Sean was willing to take his time just because the girl was entertaining.

She frowned, a sigh escaping her lips as she listened to him. " Yeah...I know that but still, me and my bad temper, and way of dealing with things, are something I can't really help. I should try to work on it but its going to be hard to change over the course of a few weeks.." Sighing she shoved her hands into the pockets of her skirt. It would be hard to change, and she really didn't want to. But her temper was something she would have to work on, he didn't have any choice in the matter what so ever, not if she wanted to stay here anyway.

Ryu arched a brow as he heard his words. He would help her? That was a bit weird...Normally in schools like this, private schools, the nicest people weren't really found. This she knew from a previous experience. In kindergarten her father had put her in a private school up through fifth grade and she hated it. Most stuck up people she had ever met in her life...Hopefully it wouldn't be the same here. " I'd like that a lot actually, thanks." She removed a hand from her pocket, extending it to shake, " I'm Ryu by the way."

"Well its up to you of course. Really you could probably get away without changing anything, but you just probably won't get out of the Slifer dorm. Not that it will affect your deuling too much, but the pro circuit likes the look of Obelisk before they take you on." It was one of those truths of life pretty much. It didn't matter what you knew or how good you were, it just mattered who you knew. Of course their were some people so skilled it didn't matter but those were few and far between. Sean knew he wasn't that good even if he was quite good and he didn't think that Ryu was that good either.

"Well wait to you get to know me. You might not like me showing you around that much in the end." Sean did have a reputation for cold shoulders and while it won him some attention it wasn't good attention unless it was for his good looks. When it came to that Sean didn't play the game nearly as well as he could either.

"Sean." He took her hand and shook it, staring her squarely in the eye. It really wouldn't have taken her long to find help at the school. She was pretty and she was interesting which meant that she would have boys flocking after her to show her around. Might not win her in with the girl crowd, but she would find plenty of boys interested in her.

She knew that much, and hopefully wouldn't lose her temper enough that it would actually effect her here. If she could keep her cool she could be out of the red dorm quickly. " Yeah I know. I behave well enough but when my temper is pushed I tend to do some pretty stupid, impulsive things. Like eariler for example." That was more so a thing she did out of impulse more then anything else. She could have told a teacher that he was bothering her and maybe that would have helped but she didn't. And now shew as paying the price for it. Not that it was a completely terrible price, she didn't have detention and she hadn't get kicked off of the island. She just got put in the loweset ranking dorm...Nothing to bad.

She couldn't help but to chuckled as he spoke, shaking her head a bit. " I guess I'll find out if I enjoy it or not sooner or later. Until then we'll just say I enjoy it ok?" She didn't know him that well, or at all actually, but as long as he gave her personal space, treated her with kindness, and showed her respect she would probably consider him one of her best friends, even if he didn't feel the same. She was just a little weird like that.

Shoving her hands back into her pockets she looked around, wondering just where they were inside of the school anyway. That and how long it would take her before she could finally memorize all of these hallways and not get lost. Her sense of direction wasn't horrible. It just wasn't the best thing in the world all the time. If she was focused though then that was a completely different story. " About how long did it take you to learn your way around this place if you don't mind me asking."

"To memorize the entire island? I don't think anyone has ever really done that. This place is covered with nooks and crannies all over the place. Maybe if you talked to every student you could find most of them, but there would probably still be plenty of hidden stuff. To find the way to everywhere that matters. Just a week or so. You'll find that it is pretty easy. We just follow the lines." Sean pointed up at the strips of paint that ran along the upper corner of the hallway. There were multiple colors and it was obvious that they went to different places because some disappeared and new ones appeared at the next corner.

"Follow the lines and you will eventually get where you need to go. Green is classrooms, blue is food, red is the store, yellow is the deuling stadium, and black gets you to the nearest exit. Once you are outside then you can find your way to your dormroom pretty easily. Slifer red is down by the shore, blue is near the lake, yellow is right up close to the school itself." Sean stopped as they were walking, the yellow line turning off from the rest of the lines of paint. There was an idea. THe holographic projects were most impressive in the dueling stadium and it was doubtful that anyone else woudl be there right now. She coudl at least see it.

"The small holographs you practiced with are interesting, but have you ever seen a professional level system. Not on TV I mean?"

Ok so a week was all she would really need to learn her way around this place, that was good, and the lines would certainly help speed things along a bit. But it was the secret places and hidden things that she was now interested in. Just how many places where there on the island that hadn't been found or were kept in secret? Well, at the very least she now had something to wonder about for the rest of the week and something to do in her spare time, wonderful. At least she wouldn't be bored. Though...it would have probably been best if she had just avoided those places for now and instead focused on getting settled in. Nothing was more important then that.

Hearing his question she nodded, " Once but that was awhile ago..." She had forgotten when and where but she knew that she had seen a professional system being used at some point in time. Thing was she was so sick she couldn't remember anything from that day, though her cousins and brothers had told her multiple times that it was amazing. " Not to mention I can't remember anything from that day...Does the school have anything like that here?" She wouldn't have been surprised if it did. Seeing how the person who owned and created the school was filthy rich and was a bit of a perfectionist she couldn't imagine anything here not being the best it possibly could be. Except for maybe the Slifer Dorms...But hey, as long as there was a roof over her head she could care less about what she stayed in.

Back
Top Bottom