Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Taste For The Wicked | Vaip + Ether

Their banter was strummed from a sweetsong melody; lighthearted as if it’d be stripped from the pages of a fairytale. His lips swept up into a dazzling grin, something so rare to be seen from the Beast she’d come to know. A spark in his eyes glimmered on low heat, smouldering. He gazed upon her so intensely with smiling eyes, as if he’d hunt the world into extinction for her sake. If she moved, his eyes followed. Cherishing her, protecting her, ready to take a hit for her at any moment. He watched her like she was gravity. The palpable thickness of the air was written in the footnotes of a fairytale. It was the atmosphere that described star-written destinies, and soul ties that would last eternal. It was the undertones of their interaction, between the lines of a harpy tune. The princess looked as if she would stifle a laugh, and yet seedlings of deep emotion would trail the waters between them.

‘My soulmate.’ The thought grazed her mind, slipping past beneath his cheeky retorts.

“That's impressive. I wager you'll get used to my intensity after some time, so I have to enjoy breaking you with this thing between my legs. Though to be fair, most women I've done it with would be trembling and drooling on the floor after I made them cum three times, so you're definitely special...”

Normally, Morgana would’ve merely blushed at the word cum leaving his mouth. But something far more mortifying had caught her attention. “Th-Thing?” She squeaked, blanching as the realization hit her. She’d never said it aloud. Frankly, there were many explicit things she’d chose not to share in a verbal manner. She was but a virgin only a few hours ago- and she was more embarrassed about sensual speak than she liked to admit. She was unlike the other elves, who had practice chatting with their friends about their latest lay. She spent most of her time wondering how the hell cousin Rivienne remained satisfied; whilst her main partner was often away on business.

“Oh my goddess.” Morgana raised her hands to shield her face, horrified. He’d heard her referring to his… his… manhood, as a thing. She was sure she’d only thought about it prior to the mating bond. Or maybe once during? Twice? How long had he known? She internally groaned at the thought.

However, he was quick to derail her train of thought; sliding his fingers inside of her once more. She stiffened, her hands dropping to just cover her lips as they parted in a gasp. The look on his face told her he bore no intent to tantalize her. He was simply cleaning her, in that doting wolf-like manner. Morgana pressed her lips closed, ignoring the strange tingling sensations he’d ignited within her core. Her fangs extended to brush the edges of her tongue, her mouth salivating. The exchange ended just as suddenly as it’d begun, allowing her to breath (finally) at a normal pace. “W-Well I certainly wouldn’t be able to hunt in this state. Four or five might render me unable to walk…” She scrunched her nose, blushing. She didn’t like the idea of being immobile, but her body certainly did- what with the pheromones she was emitting into the atmosphere. It made her wonder if he could smell that kind of thing- or if perhaps animalkind weren’t as carnal as they seemed.

Did she have a scent? She wondered, glancing towards the man in front of her. He was giving her that look again, his stare teeming with intensity. ‘My beloved,’ the words embedded into her mind, more loudly than before. These are his thoughts, she affirmed. Their minds were truly connected- like a bridge. Either end with a door, Xeno was able to whisper down the bond to her. On the other hand, Morgana worried she’d been shouting everything down the bond. That would explain a few things, she thought bitterly.

Although her sourness was sugared over by his gentle thoughts, washing over her mind once again. ‘My soulmate; My beloved.’

It was unreal. Xeno didn’t speak of his feelings very often. And she’d imagined that perhaps she’d go years before he’d return the words I love you, if ever. She couldn’t believe it. Maybe she was hearing what she wanted to hear. And yet despite her doubts, the intensity rose from the footnotes to the title page.

“Promise it,” he replied to her sentiments of passion; dedicating herself to him. The Beast peeled her hand from his chest, intertwining their fingers. Her heart thumped. She wasn’t sure why, but the gesture of having her hand held by him- something so simple- was incredibly meaningful. It was a tender form of touch. A gentler form of affection, above any. “Promise you'll always return, no matter what. Promise you'll always love me, even if I become the most despicable man in this world, even if I become the world's very enemy.”

Her sea-touched eyes flickered back and forth frantically between the ambers that fought to speak with her. They burned, moisture creeping onto her lashes like the tide on the shore.

Promise you’ll always love me.

“I-” She hesitated, releasing a shaky breath. Her chest felt tight, constricted and bursting. There was something about the words. He’d touched her and beheld her like a woman worthy of worship. He’d solidified a mating bond with her. But there was something, something about hearing the magic in those words: that he loved her. It wasn’t exact; and it didn’t have to be. She understood the innerworkings of his heart more than ever.

But she couldn’t find it in herself to form words. Instead, she allowed him to bury the subject underneath their growing lust for one another. With affectionate whispers, he kissed her skin and pulled her hair. Her body thanked him with shivers of delight, and a soft hum of laughter every time he formed a joke. It was muted, though, compared to the feelings wrought on her heart. It was hard to form a sound. For if she managed to speak, it would cement his admissions from only moments ago. The admissions that were slowly being swept under the rug. His love for her.

Fire licked up her back and down her spine, where every inch of skin was met with his salacious touch. He’d settled back into the groove of their lighthearted melody, whilst she found herself grappling for the ropes of a deeper, sincere symphony.

“And I'm happy I suit you, my little kitten. I never want this moment to end. I want to stay here with you forever. Till the end of time...”

Her heart beat in slow time, the princess turning her head towards him.

Gazing up into his eyes, her own now a tearful pair of tempests, she began to glare at him. Squeezing his hand, she felt an emotion that wasn’t quite anger. It wasn’t the purity of love, either. No, it was unbridled passion fueling her lungs.

Promise it.

“How could you even say that?” Her head shook, her voice softer than her fervor.

“Before, when you… you asked me to promise.” She amended, trying to backtrack her way to that conversation. The conversation that gave her the words she realized she was so desperate to hear.

Promise you'll always return, no matter what. Promise you'll always love me, even if I become the most despicable man in this world, even if I become the world's very enemy

Morgana’s hand tugged at his arm, as if pouting. But her face was void of her usually playful demeanor. “I love you more than anything. Anything.” She leaned her head into his shoulder, as if she weren’t able to bear the weight of her own words.

I love you, Xeno.” Her eyes squeezed shut, nuzzling into him.

“Should you become a man worthy of Hell, I would be the despicable Queen at your side.” Letting a few tears escape her, she managed to pull back, raising her head. “If the Underworld swallowed you whole, I’d spend eternity raising the bowels of the earth to get to you.” She smiled a solemn smile. Her words were true. “I will be your Queen, as sinful and despicable as you’ll have me.”

One of her hands reached for his tail that had been wading in the water, guiding it to wrap around her waist. She wanted to be held by him, feeling vulnerable- although it had been him who’d been opening up his heart not a moment ago. “I want to be your kitten forever.” She felt stupid for saying it, but she meant it.

The woman scoffed at herself, pulling away from him enough just to turn halfway. “Idiot. You are such an idiot.” A smile was riding on her bitter expression, her left hand dipping into the water. She froze for a moment, staring at him, scaling her own frustration. She was a greedy princess, she knew that. For the Beast to have gone through any of the emotional tides that he had- should have been enough for her. But when he asked her to proclaim her love for the second time, suggesting that he too- felt the same… a flame pricked her side. Narrowing her eyes at him, she hurled a splash of water towards his face.

“Idiot!” She shouted, smirking, satisfied in having attacked him. Morgana laughed, crossing her arms and forming a mild pout. “When am I going to get romantic vows for making the world grovel at my feet?” This time it was her leg, kicking another small spray of water in his direction.

It was a strange mood she was in. Somewhere between a tantrum of greed, and I love you, you idiot.

“You know what?” She playfully added, her tail flicking in a sassy manner behind her. “At this rate, I’m never going to scratch behind your fluffy ears.” She was grinning proudly, excited to return his invasion of her thoughts. But there was still a blush hiding atop her complexion. She was like a child, throwing a tantrum until she was given the attention she wished for.

‘Fight me.’ She whispered down the bond. ‘Tell me that I’m a brat. That I’m your brat. That you own me. That you love me.’ Part of her was embarrassed that she still cared about something so simple. But maybe she couldn’t let it go- because she’d never heard it before. Maybe, the lone princess simply wanted to be told that she was loved.

Jokes had eased his tumultuous heart, coaxed it into a more typical rhythm as he let his hands wander her body, reaching around for those weak spots he had gotten himself acquainted with, as well as looking for new ones to tease, to play the woman like the beautiful instrument she was. He'd decided to bury his heartfelt words under the guise of a jest, as if he could ever hide anything from the perceptive Morgana. As if, even without their bond, she wouldn't be able to tell he was truly troubled, troubled that she might one day realize the monster he really was and leave him. Xeno had never been a man afraid of being abandoned, his connections to others weak and finicky, but it was different with her. Everything about her was different. While he might've offhandedly commented on leaving any other woman, he couldn't even entertain the idea of being separated from the elven princess. Perhaps she had put a spell on him without him knowing, because this kind of obsessive love was unnatural.

“How could you even say that?”

"... Mmm?" Xeno's head tilted to the side, one of his furry ears drooping along it, as if it was about to fall off from the sudden motion. His hands stopped exploring her, his heart skipping a beat in anxious anticipation. Her voice was but a whisper and yet the weight it carried gave the man pause.

“Before, when you… you asked me to promise.”

It had taken him a moment to realize what she was even asking, but his answer was quickly granted to him, Morgana swift as she gave herself only a moment to gather herself, as if she had only spoken up the first time from the heart and her mind was slow to catch up.

She always got hung up on his every word; it was endearing as it was frustrating. And now, with their bond, she would likely know a lot more than he even meant to let her know. The worst part was... Xeno didn't know it that was a bad thing. To let her into his heart, so she could tear it out from the inside... Well, it didn't sound that terrible.

“I love you more than anything. Anything.”

Those three words nearly made his heart stop in that instant, like a deadly incantation that could become his demise, but only when spoken by her sugarcoated voice, from those plump, soft lips of hers.

What was he to say? He had asked for her promise, for her devotion and as she twisted around to face him fully, she did so with absolutely no shame in her feelings. Or perhaps it was more accurate to say that she did so despite her shame? Maybe he was the childish one, unable to return her affections while she did so brazenly, her voice quiet and meant only for him, for him to feel the things that she made him feel, for him to relish in the way her thin fingers touch every inch of his body. "Morgana, I..."

How could he not say it back? How could he look her in the eyes, into those orbs that were more tempestuous than even the fiercest storm, yet calmer than a cloudless night sky, and be such a coward that he couldn't even say those godforsaken words back? A king like him, that had won his throne through the bloodshed of countless lives, a soldier that had ran into a thousand battles with no fear for his own life, afraid of telling his beloved how he really felt? It was a joke. The most twisted of comedies, that not even the maddest of jesters would think of.

"Morgana, I lo--"

But she twisted away before he could finish, confusion decorating his visage as she looked up at him with a crooked smile upon her lips. “Idiot. You are such an idiot.” Like she was trying her hardest not to laugh at a terrible joke, or like she had just watched an old lady slip on a banana peel and fall on her bottom. Xeno was seldom truly confused, but this was one of such rare occasions where he was truly without his wit, made even worse by what she did next.

"Blugh...!" “Idiot!” He wasn't nearly quick enough to shield his face as the freezing splash of water hit his face, forcing out a graceless sound from the king's lips as he recoiled. "What the hell do you think you're doing...?" he coughed out, his fangs naturally snarling at her, only for him to cover himself as she made another motion to splash water onto his face. This time, he was ready and he didn't drink a mouthful of lake water, though he was still as annoyed by it as he was for the first time.

What was this? One moment, she was proclaiming her love again, and the other, she was having herself a tantrum. It reminded him of a few days ago, when they met in his throne room, except there was no dagger for her to grab and put at his throat.

“At this rate, I’m never going to scratch behind your fluffy ears.”

"They're absolutely forbidden!" he growled, a little too late to realize he was being baited and that he'd just fallen into her little trap. His cheeks grew hot at just the thought of her playing around with his ears, a mythical sight indeed. No one would ever believe he'd just blushed in front of him, the flush quickly replaced by the menacing shine of his white fangs bared at her.

‘Fight me,' she whispered into his mind, unspoken words louder than the sounds of the night threatening to engulf them in darkness. Oh, he would fight her alright. His hands reached out to her, lunging at her to grab her by the shoulders and attempt to pin her down onto the shallow rockbed of the lake. 'I think my brat needs a little lesson in respect...' he answered back to her, a dangerous rumble in his chest as he nicked at her neck.

"I love you," The moon shone over them, painting an imperfect, lovely picture of them, their bodies pinned together. He pressed his lips to the skin of her neck, only to jab at it with his razor-sharp fangs, his tail wagging excitedly behind him. "I love you, I love you, I love you..."

'I love you, you spoiled brat. Every part of you. I love everything that you want to show me, and I love even more the things you want to hide from me. I love you, Morgana...'

Back
Top Bottom