Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Primordials: A Superhero Roleplay [OoC]

This world has been populated by a wide array of heroes and villains for a long time. Morals, philosophy, power and strength were always on the balance.

A crisis that not one hero can handle alone rains upon the earth on a fine day. To counter this, heroes from different parts of the planet will unite to take this threat - and many other threats - on.

The union that is born from these gods on earth will be known as

The Primordials

Note:
Player - Civilian Name - Alias

Cast List

Heroes
@Breeze - Yukiko Yoshino - Blizzard
@Inkybus - Ju-Won Lee - Zìyóu
@Karasuhime - Akao Hikaru - Miracle Aurora
@Penny - Dr. Inzhu Astana - Alpha
@Penny - Hachi Nanako - Kick-Hopper
@Psychodurus Eques - Fenris Bulsara - Gehenna Girl

Villains
@Inkybus - Alex Rossi - Imperatore
@Inkybus - Sei Klein - Shredder
@Inkybus - Shimizu Fuyuko - Mahoutsukai
@Psychodurus Eques - Loki Tyrfing - Effigy

Neutral
@Inkybus - Marcus Piper
@Karasuhime - The Daughters of Kulshedra

Want to be here? Have a look at our signups area, which is currently closed except for those approved to post in it.

You may have come here from our Interest Check.

This is the Out-of-character area for the RP, for discussion purposes.​

Last edited:
We have a lot more heroes than we do villains. It feels a little unfair. Do you want me to think up some more villains?

We have a lot more heroes than we do villains. It feels a little unfair. Do you want me to think up some more villains?

That's natural, considering that the obligatory rule was to have at least one hero character in your roster, since they'll get the most focus. Most of the planned opposition is GM-run anyways.

But sure, go ahead.

I will probably make a civilian character pretty soon, but he is going to be based in Los Angeles as well. If anyone wants to create positive or negative ties and relationships with my characters please let me know and we can work something out probably.

Hmmm... I have a couple of character ideas I imagine others could help fill - a 'secondary magical girl' to Hikaru's 'primary magical girl' role, and a girl who might've had her fate swapped with Hikaru's, as evidenced by her transforming into a tokusatsu hero.

They have some prerequisites that I'll share when I awaken.

worst comes to worst i could fill them myself. I imagine the former might be too specific.

Hmmm... I have a couple of character ideas I imagine others could help fill - a 'secondary magical girl' to Hikaru's 'primary magical girl' role, and a girl who might've had her fate swapped with Hikaru's, as evidenced by her transforming into a tokusatsu hero.

I can try helping with those, but I've only seen a couple magical girl shows and I've never watched a toksatsu show. I don't know any of the tropes! What are the aspects of a tokusatsu hero?

but I've only seen a couple magical girl shows

What are these couple of shows?

What are the aspects of a tokusatsu hero?

Usually tokusatsu series have people in cool-looking full suits kick and punch and occasionally slash bad guys in the name of justice. It's a bit versatile to pinpoint the main tropes, seeing that they're as versatile as western heroes, even down to the part where their powers and abilities can come from a wide array of sources, from magic to space to some science experiment in a locker on the moon. Ultraman, Kamen Rider and Super Sentai (which Power Rangers is localized from) come to mind when tokusatsu is mentioned, and are often viewed as the stereotype or mould of tokusatsu.

The character will be specifically based on modern Kamen Rider series, which power-wise, has a lot more focus on multiple forms and final forms and trinkets to sell toys than older series.

But yeah, some of the confusion you might have if you want to fill these roles will be raised once I get on that lore thread of things, where I put a lot of stuff - from hero 'series' to enemies humanity should know about and even vague magic.

Also I say that the former is too specific because the format of how her abilities work are heavily based on my character. Slightly less versatility in terms of what you can do with the abilities but more of a skeleton to hold the flesh.

What are these couple of shows?

I watched Card Captor Sakura when I was a new, shiny Penny, but that was twenty years ago. Yes...I'm old. Today my guilty pleasure is Miraculous Ladybug when I need to unwind after a stressful day.
The character will be specifically based on modern Kamen Rider series, which power-wise, has a lot more focus on multiple forms and final forms and trinkets to sell toys than older series.

But yeah, some of the confusion you might have if you want to fill these roles will be raised once I get on that lore thread of things, where I put a lot of stuff - from hero 'series' to enemies humanity should know about and even vague magic.

Okay, I'll stay away from the magical girl and try my hand at a Not Kamen Rider. If it doesn't turn out right, just tell me it won't work for the game and I won't be offended.

I watched Card Captor Sakura when I was a new, shiny Penny, but that was twenty years ago.

Ooooh man that's a good classic.

Okay, I'll stay away from the magical girl and try my hand at a Not Kamen Rider. If it doesn't turn out right, just tell me it won't work for the game and I won't be offended.

Alrighty then.

Guess I'll post the prereqs for my thangs.

Name:

Role:
Hero

Alias:
Miracle [InsertThingHere]

Inspiration:
Magical Girl

Description:

Powers:
Much like how Miracle Aurora is motifed after Suits + Joker, this lady has a Royal Flush motif, with her multiple forms having light motifs of each part of the Royal Flush. She can also shift between forms like Miracle Aurora. What these forms are are up to the user, thought Chinese elements or 5 Senses are reccommended. If you got something else that comes in fives somehow, sure.

Skills:

Equipment:
Her magical girl weapons

Residence:
Byakuya City, Japan

History:

Personality:

Non-consensual allowed:

(Notes: The way the power section & equipment section will be formatted would be based off my character, Akao Hikaru/Miracle Aurora.)
Name:

Role:
Hero

Alias:
Kick-Hopper [Insert Name Here]
(Or if you can replace the 'Kick-Hopper' title with something more fitting, sure)

Inspiration:
Tokusatsu

Description:

Powers:

Skills:

Equipment:
Insert Weapons Here

Residence:
[Insert City Here], Japan

History:

Personality:
Likely would involve wanting to be a magical girl but instead ending up with the fate of becoming a masked hero, as a type of parallel.

Non-consensual allowed:

And make that lore thread after I make these various other RP posts on this other site.

Anything I should put on the lore thread

So far I'm planning to insert:

The silver age team
Some silver age villains
Some hero 'series' meant to point to how so many heroes have the same title despite not having any connection to each other.

Added a Kick-Hopper character to my post. Also changed my first hero's name to Alpha instead of Mercury.

Whew, finally got a character out. I ended up coming up with a lot of other character ideas I liked while in the process of coming up with the final product, so maybe I'll introduce some other characters later down the line. Maybe I'll even get a male hero in to even up the gender ratio here, aha.

When an unstoppable force meets an immovable object, one of them has to yield~

Guess that means Cocytus Coquette won't be appearing...

I mean my person has fire, ice and lightning in his (her) arsenal.

And my upcoming character trio also has fire ice and lightning (granted, the ice was just advanced water tactics). They won't join the Primordials tho.

... yeah you know what I should probably think through my stuff.

Did Mercury refer to the planet, the metal or the god?

All of them, but really just two of them. She's fast, so "Mercury" related to the god (who was fast) and the planet (which is fast), but Mercury-the-planet was named after Mercury-the-god because of that speed, so that's redundant. Mercury-the-metal, while also related to speed ("quicksilver"), was also incorporated into alchemy and related to medicine historically (which is ironic given how poisonous it is), so it related to her powers being based on mysterious pharmacology.

Now she's just named Alpha because she's a walking alpha version of her product. That, and because "Alpha" is an impressive-sounding name.

Back
Top Bottom