Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Scrap Does Pay, Sometimes (Phenom x Dusk Ebonheart)

When jack explained that the enforcers usually where in full on battle ships with a compliment of fighter and bombers she was taken buy surprise. "Holy hell... back when I was still awake battle ships weren't that common and for military only. When you felt with the enforcers back then they only had long range strike craft." Dusk would say.

When jack set his hand on her knee and told explained his side of the situation on how it had been a while since talking anyone. She nodded in understanding and gave him a small but none the less heart warming smile. "Thanks I appreciate it. I'll let you know if anything come across as rude but I'll be polite about it."

As Dusk walked off she heard Jack's comment thanks to her enhanced hearing. Though she wouldnt comment as she walked off. Though as she did she did want ask to sleep with him though she wouldnt. Am she would eventually find a spot to set up her little sleeping area though it want much. Just a few blankets laid out to keep her off the hard floor. With a small sigh she would crawl in to her make shift bed though wouldnt be able to sleep. Her mind kept wandering on different things and it wasnt long till she was quietly crying as she began to realize everyone she knew was now gone.

"Told you, things have changed, deteriorated." Jack replied with a defeated sigh. "The Governors of the various sectors have almost become near Dukes/Chieftains or whatever form of leadership title role you want to classify them as with each forming their own rates for the bribes, tithes and general taxes. They all pay homage to the Imperial throne when a dreadnought comes sniffing around with one of the High Admirals or his Lordship himself, doing one of his rare press tours; yet, as soon as they are gone, things return to the way they were, if not worse! The Governors tell us that someone has to pay to provide all of the hospitality they lavish upon His Lordship."

Jack spit against one of the metal walls of the ship, watching it slowly slide down the smooth surface, his face a look of disgust. "Should be paying out of his own pocket, most of 'em. They claim to be hurting like the rest of us; but, I have yet to see any governor miss an opportunity to host a gala, a ball or enjoy the finer entertainment of a pleasure yacht like the one you used to be employed with."

"That's all I can ask for." He replied with a genuine smile, one of the firsts since meeting her. "I can't promise to be the best social companion; but, I can promise to try to do my best to be a good social companion. Might take some work so I hope you're in a patient mood!"

The quiet hum of the ship's engine had been his only companion for the longest time as he lay himself down to sleep on the small cot in what served as his personal quarters as the captain of the vessel. He was just beginning to lay his head down when he heard a strange sound coming from over by where Dust had made her bed with a blankets. He rose with a groan from his own bed and walked silently closer until he could discern the audible sound of her crying. Concerned and for lack of better social graces, curious, he moved closer still.

He lowered himself into a crouched, seated position next to her. "Dusk, why do you cry?"

As jack continued to explain about the current affairs in the new empire with hiw governors and the lordship etc bill the citizens it mass. To put it simply Dusk didnt like it. The conversation did end though eventually as both parties got ready for bed.

When jack came over and asked why dose she cry she was a bit startled. "Oh god sorry if I was being to loud." She would say doing her best to bottle it up and recompose herself and sat up to look at him. She still had a few tears running down her face as well. "Its just all starting to hit me... I figured I'd contact my mom and brother tomorrow... but there long gone... everyone I ever knew... all the shit I worked for... It's just... fuck." She would say as she as she wiped some of the tears away though they would soon be replaced. She wasnt doesn't right sobbing but she was a bit distraught.

"It's okay to cry, you know?" Jack probed, settling himself down next to her. "There's nothing wrong with expressing your pain or emotional distress visibly for others to see. It's part of being human, regardless of what others might tell you. I...forget that sometimes too, when I'm trying to survive out here alone. You become so accustomed to the solitude, to answering to only yourself that you forget what it means to be human."

He reached over to rub her back soothingly. "I'm sure you have family left, they may not be the ones you know, maybe some descendants of the ones you knew; but, they're still family and family sticks together when times get hard."

"Do you want a hug?" He probed, scratching the back of his head. "I'm not very good at social interactions usually; but, I remember that hugs can help you feel better."

As jack continued to offer comforting words Dusk nodded in understanding though she was still very much upset clearly. "Yeah I know what you mean... not exactly easy being out here in general... let alone by yourself..." Dusk would say whipping some.of the stray tears from her eyes.

"That's true... but even then... I wont lie I think it would just be awkward at that rate... they think I'm long gone... might as well let it stay that way." Dusk would say in response to the fact she still probably had some family around still.

When jack asked of she wanted a hug she blushed a bit being visable through the open visor. "Yeah.. though could we cuddle for a bit." She would ask.

"I'm glad you understand," Jack began, trying to be soothing with his tone. "It just takes some getting use to. You'll see, give it time. Everything will be alright and work itself out in time."

He shrugged at her own admission of wanting to avoid her descendants. "That's your choice, I merely wanted to offer you the opportunity to see them and make the decision for yourself on whether or not you wanted to stay with me or go with them."

"Absolutely," he replied with a genuine smile, stretching out beside her before pausing. "Would you rather cuddle in my bed? It's not exactly luxurious; but, it certainly beats laying here on the floor."

Dusk nodded in understanding as jacob told her that everything would be fine and work itself out in time. "That's true." She would say. Her tone getting a bit better and less sad.

"As for the descendants... I wont lie.. I wouldnt mind sticking around with a handsome man like you for a while." Dusk would say blushing a bit.

When jacob gave the offer of heading over to his bed she gave a small smile and nodded. "Yeah this isnt exactly comfortable... besides you dont need to worry. If it weren't for you that wreck coulda drifted to god knows where. I'm thankful I'm not running the risk of getting incinerated or crushed by gravity and more." She would say.

"That's a girl, android...thing." He paused, scratched his head and sighed. "Dusk, I mean Dusk. I guess I should work on getting out of the mindset of you being this thing I discovered in the cryo pod and instead this person I found in the cryo pod who has a name, a story, etc. Give me time, I'll do better."

He raised an eyebrow at her flattery. "Flattery will get you....everywhere, tell me more about how handsome I am?"

"You were floating for who knows how long," he replied nonchalantly with a shrug. "You would have more than likely continued to be fine bar some crazy, unforeseen circumstance that saw an asteroid or you colliding with a planet. I don't think your wreckage was actually moving when I found it or maybe it was, I'm not a physicist, too much math. I know enough to chart courses and plug them into my ship's AI system; but, you ask me to compute your trajectory and I'll point you to the nearest Imperial university."

He rose and made his way back over to his bed, lowering himself and shifting to reveal the bed. "Come on then."

Dusk chuckled as he apologized and said it would take time to get out of the mindset of her being a thing he found but a person. "Well it dosent help I like being used and treated like a kinky fuck bot most of the time." She says with a small smile.

When Jacob said flattery would get her every where she chuckled. "Well I wont lie... while this isnt the most luxurious ship I'd rather be here with you than the rich limp dick bastards back on that ship. I wont lie you coulda been an actor for sure." Dusk says with a wide ear to ear grin knowing she was pumping his ego.

When he made his comment about going to a university to find out where she was going she laughed. "Yeah fuck that.. dosent matter now. I dont wana know." She said as she followed jacob to his quarters soon joining him on the bed. She would move in close her breasts pressing into his chest as she wrapped her arms around him and wrapped one of her legs around him as well. "Sorry if that's to close." She said blushing a bit.

"That's strange," he mused, scratching nervously at his chin and the stubble adorning it. "Is that your own mindset or what the cybernetic implants make you think?"

He raised his eyebrow. "An actor? Surely you jest! I do not have the face for it. Too many scars, broken noses not healed correctly and my eyes are more of a dull blue than a bright one."

"No, that's alright." Jack replied, sliding a hand down to rest on the swell of her hip of the leg wrapped around him, trying hard to ignore the press of her breasts against his chest. "If you're comfortable, I'm good. Just remember no funny business, I'm going to sleep now."

He stretched out and crossed his other arm behind his head. "Sweet dreams, Dusk."

"The mindset is pretty much mostly me.. Though I did allow for a few Implants that did boost that." Dusk said blushing a bit. "I can control my urges and self however."

When jack said that he didnt have the face for an actor Dusk chuckled a little. "To be fair the scars and that add to your look. Makes you look more like a man." Dusk says aiming to push his ego a bit more.

When he pulled her close she smiled a bit as they continued to cuddle her breasts pressed against him. When he said no funny business she nodded. "Understood."

When jack said sweet dreams she yawned a little. "You to jack." She would say eventually drifting off to sleep.

"Oh, you were like that before the operation?" Jack asked, scratching the back of his head, not really sure how to handle that information. "Haven't met many women who were that promiscuous, not that it is a bad thing, just not something I'm accustomed to normally."

He raises an eyebrow. "Touche, though they also add to my rugged looks that help me convince people that I'm not someone to double-cross on business deals, which comes in handy far more than I would ever like to really admit."

"Mhmm," Jack mused, eyes facing the metal panels of the roof of his ship. "We can talk more when we wake up. Ship: lights off."

And once more the ship was enveloped by the dark, black void of space.

"Well not to the fullest extent it is now." Dusk would say blushing a bit as he mentioned ye hadent met many women like that. "Yeah I know I'm a bit of a slut it's okay to say it." She would say with a shrug.

When Jack agreed with her on his looks and how they aided him she grinned and nodded. "See it adds alot... the whole rugged look is really appealing." Dusk says with a small chuckle.

Dusk noded as jack said they could take more when they woke up. "Yeab." She would say with a yawn soon drifting off to sleep cuddled up close to Jack.

"I don't call women sluts or judge them on their promiscuousity." Jack replies with a growl. "Ain't none of my business how many men they sleep with or how often. As long as you keep yourself safe, that's all that matters in the end."

He raised an eyebrow. "Appealing in what way? How does it help? I've yet to see many women lining up to take me to their beds."

"Don't worry," he whispers against the top of her head, brushing a stray curl over her ear before he snuggles closer against her and closes his eye. "Goodnight!"

As jack said that he didnt really care or judge Dusk smilled and nodded. "Thanks for understanding." She would say with a tired yet happy tone.

When he asked how it was appealing and in what way. Dusk grinned and replied. "I'll explain when we wake up. "She said with a yawn.

As jack brushed the curl away from her ear and said good night she smiled. "Goodnight." She said with a yawn soon falling into a deep sleep.

"Not a problem," he replied with a soft smile. "I'm just trying to keep live my life the way my momma always told me, 'treat others how I would wish to be treated'. Can't go wrong that way if I begin by treating people, regardless of outer appearance, as people first, I think the rest tends to just follow."

He nodded in understanding, stifling a yawn of his own. "I understand, it has been a long day."

Jack didn't bother replying because he knew the woman had fallen asleep by the soft rise and fall of her chest. He watched her sleep for a time, trying to imagine what it must feel like in her shoes, to wake up and see the universe having changed so much. How it must feel to know that any family or relatives you might have had are long since dead and the only ones you might have left would be your distant descendants. The thoughts fought, tumbled and jumbled together until he felt his own exhaustion taking hold and he lowered himself to a laying position next to her, stretching out and curling an arm over her side and falling into a deep slumber of his own.

Back
Top Bottom