Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Scrap Does Pay, Sometimes (Phenom x Dusk Ebonheart)

Phenom

my escape begins as ink touches parchment
Deep Space
Alpha Centauri System
Zeta Quadrant, Unknown Space
Year 2500CE

The Fierce Tiger, an ironic name for the retired, stripped frigate, considering the retrofit to become a scrap hauler, cruised on half-power through the dark, vastness of space. Jack, her captain, lounged in the pilot's chair, feet propped up and resting on top of the instrument panel as his sensors continued to occasionally beep. He would not normally have ventured so far into this quadrant of unknown space. The cartographers had attempted to map it years ago; but, when another inter-nation war arose, it was quickly forgot and tossed aside. One of his underground, shady contacts had somehow managed to acquire part of the map. He had promised it to be a good place to look, if nothing else. His luck at an all time low otherwise, he bit the bullet and chartered a course for the quadrant. There was almost something eery about being the only member of the ship's crew; but, it cut down on costs and he didn't have any extra money to spare.

He had just begun to close his eyes when the sensor alarm began blaring...

His eyes flashed open and he dropped his feet to the space below the instrument panel so he could lean over the monitors, reading the information that was slowly scrolling by. He bit his tongue to keep from letting himself be consumed by the possibility of his good luck. His sensors had detected a wrecked ship, perhaps an older pleasure yacht model. He flipped a switch on the panel and heavy beams pierced through the darkness of space, highlighting some of the red-black hull. He programmed the ship to dock with the other ship's emergency hatch as he floated to his own, quickly donning his space suit, twisting the gloves into position with a click and tugging on his boots, twisting the straps until they hissed too. Last, he pulled on his helmet, tapping a nearby command panel and his visor began to scroll with the streamed information from his ship's scan. Grabbing one of his welding torches, he spun the wheel to unlock the hatch and there was a hiss as he stepped into the hallway between the two ships, closing the hatch on his ship behind him. There was the sound of venting atmosphere and then his lights flickered on his helmet, shrouding the inside of the ship in an odd assortment of shadows and partially lit alcoves.

"Damn baby," he mused, running his hand over one of the lush couches that was coated in a fine layer of dust. "What dirty secrets do you hide?"

He tossed a sensor probe and it bleeped softly as it powered on, rising from the floor to hover. It sent out a visual 'mapping' pulse, revealing faint outlines of the image in the room using a form of echolocation and transmitted the data to his visor. "What's this?" He mused, noting the odd shape sticking out from the wall.

He slowly made his way around the scattered debris on the deck, looking for a nearby map. Finding one, he smiled. He tapped it and gave a chuckle. 'Pleasure Floor', he mused. Interesting name. I can't ascertain the purpose without finding some way to reboot the primary power. He scanned the map, looking for the primary drive room. Finding it, he gave another mental fist pump before slowly weaving his way around the debris scattered around, his light doing little to help show the way. He had to pause at one point as the body of a dead crewman floated by, their face frozen in pleasure? It was enough to slightly unnerve him but not deter him from his goal. He pushed the dead body away and it floated off into the murky darkness. He found the door to main drive and growled when he found it blocked.

"Piece. of. Shit." He growled, kicking out at the piece of metal that had fallen over to partially block the door until it too was freed from where it was trapped and floated away. "Thank you."

He climbed into the room and began resetting all of the circuit breakers, the sound of the drive beginning to hum. "Ah, so you do still have some purr left in you, huh old girl?"

The ship didn't answer. He didn't expect it to.

"Here we go." He singsonged as he slowly pulled the main reset lever to the off position and then pulled it quickly down, the ship suddenly flaring to brightness as the drive kicked into gear, slowly rotating and gradually picking up speed, a faint hum growing amidst the background noise. "Alrighty!" He hummed, rubbing his hands together to wipe off any lingering dirt and dust.

He slowly made his way back to the earlier portion of the ship and had to pause when he did. The room was covered from top to bottom in a sort of red, velvety material. There were odd contraptions plugged into the wall, some still with frozen stains of a liquid. He almost touched one until he saw a diagram nearby clearly illustrating the intended purpose of the oblong, oddly shaped texture that weirdly resembled a human phallus. He coughed and moved toward what was clearly a cryogenic pod, something that had been discontinued a few hundred years prior due to malfunctions in the software causing weird glitches and cases of fragmented memory or even complete memory loss of various portions of a person's past. He found a nearby access panel and began scrolling through the diagrams until he found one for the pods, noticing that out of the four hundred and sixty-seven, only one was active - this one. He tapped a few command prompts and the pod slowly hissed as it was slowly rotated horizontal and as braces rose from concealed hatches in the floor to 'catch' the pod. He tapped the system diagnostics button and a series of commands began to scroll by.

Systems access: Online ...
System Diagnostics: Running ...
System Error 04040A
System Rebooting...
System Error
Diagnostics Running..
Error found...reboot y/n?

He tapped the y on the command panel.

System diagnostics complete
Partial data corruption
Terminate cryostasis now?

Please select an entry to continue...

He tapped the y button again and the pod hissed and slowly began to thaw, revealing a strange, humanoid shaped robot within. He raised an eyebrow as the pod's cover slowly swung open to reveal a very humanoid robot, complete with obvious female genitalia and a pair of gravity-defying breasts. He reached out to poke one and nearly shivered at how similar to flesh it was.

"I hope you're worth a mint cause you're creeping me out a bit." He turned his back on the robot and reached for his cutter, igniting the welder and beginning to cut large chunks out of the side of the ship and kicking them to float in space. "This time, Curtis, you sold me something gold."

Last edited:
Th velvet star was an old ship. Old enough that most professional salvagers doubted it still existed geussing it to having drifted into a star or somthing else. None the less however what was lost had been found again though all but one of the lives lost on board still survived.

Dusk wasnt sure how long she had been in cryo sleep. While it was true most of your brain and body was shut off during cryo. Some parts of conciousness where still there. She knew she was still in cryo, while she could really feel anything at the moment she could feel the cold bite from the cryo.

When the cryo was first shut off and she was freed from what could have been her tomb she didnt wake up right away. Still lost in a deep slumber though this was a side effect of a long term cryo sleep. As Jack began cutting away for scrap Dusk finnaly woke up with a gasp for breath. Followed by a violent coughing fit as she opened the visor on her suit. The ship was still pressurized thankfully in this section. Dusk continued to cough painful coughing up the nutrient gell that kept her body from starving while in cryo. This was an old system of cryo and improvements had been made over the years.

After a few minutes she would stop coughing panting for breath. "Fucking hell." She would say as she slumped back against the wall and locked around her noticing the poor condition of the ship and Jack. "Ummm what's going on sorry?" Dusk would ask a bit confused. Then again she could take a wild geuss somthing happened in cryo. Though she could tell her long sleep would have some long term side effects on her brain as well. As she tried to remember some things she either couldnt or the memories where extremely fuzzy.

Jack had voice queued one of his favorite bands, The Electric Eels, to play their strange mix of synthwave, guitar and jazz as he worked. He cut off another large chunk of the ship and kicked, watching it slowly float toward the emergency hatch, bumping against the door and spinning. He turned and began cutting away another piece of the ship's bulwark bracing, trying to determine how best to gut the inside of the ship to make it easier for hauling. He was also debating on splitting the ship in half and hauling it back to strip down and sell at the nearest scrap outpost when an alert began pinging inside his visor, alerting him to motion. He turned off the welding torch and spun around.

"Ah, so the sleeping beauty has finally awoken?" He teased, kicking off and floating over towards her. "How are you feeling?"

He maneuvered himself over to the command panel, typing in a few commands and pulling up the medical diagnostics. "Readouts seem to be green, no signs of long-term cryogenic sleep conditions. Do you know your name?"

"Oh, my bad, I didn't answer your first question." He chuckled and floated over to the side of her pod, adjusting his visor so his face was visible, blue eyes twinkling. "Your ship appears to have wrecked. I stumbled on her on accident and due to Scrapper Regulated Code C1-X3 Subsection 314.22 which states simply, 'A scrapper who stumbles upon the wreckage of an unknown vessel with no signs of life and no responses to hails may under Imperium decree, claim the aforementioned vessel as salvage and all that it contains as theirs to do with as they wish.' It continues on to discuss how if another scrapper comes along that they may contest my claim and put forth their own. Not that we have to worry about that out here! You're in uncharted space, Zeta Quadrant."

He lowered his boots to the deck's flooring and engaged his magnetic soles and grabbed for the nearby emergency first aid kit. "Do you remember anything that happened?"

When jack noticed her and asked how she felt she couldnt help but have a small grin and let out a tired chuckle. "Well as you can imagine.. like shit." She says still inside the pod. Luckly the gell she coughed up didnt end up all over her and ended up on the wall sticking to it.

As Jack checked her life signs and showed she had done rather well she noded. "That's good at least." She would say with a bit of relief. As jack came over and explained the situation she would nod and listen. Though it would be a bit saddening to know she was the only survivor having had a few friends on this ship. When she heard him explain the scrapper rules she nodded in understanding and their location. When asked if she knew what happened she shrugged and shook her head no.

"No idea to be honest. When I went into cryo everything was fine. As for my name I do remember that, Dusk Ebonheart nice to meet you." She would say. It was a bit nice that at least she had someone to talk to than find a way off this wreck herself. "While I was in cryo though I knew somthing had gone wrong. A felt a pretty powerful explosion or somthing while in cryo. The black box would have the details if it didnt get blown out of the ship from somthing." Dusk would explain.

"Shit?" He replied with a slow raise of the eyebrow and a chuckle. "I don't think I've ever heard someone use that as an adjective to describe their emotional state after being revived from a long-term cryo sleep. Then again, I haven't woken many people up from long-term cryo sleep, so I guess it's a new world for us both. The good news is that you're not finding yourself awake on an operating table with a bunch of random people standing around you, poking and prodding you with medical instruments."

He chuckled at his own imagery. "That should be a relief, right?"

"Pleasure to make your acquaintance, Dusk or is it Ebonheart or do you prefer to be referred to by the whole thing?" He rambled on, fidgeting with the controls on the command panel and the pod slowly rotated so that it was standing upright, the bracing moving with it. "Black box?!? This thing has one of those? They stopped using those about a hundred and fifty years ago or so, give or take a few years if we're counting. Fascinating, fascinating. We can replay the scene of the crash, determine what went wrong and then wipe it. I can fetch a pretty mint off those things. I know a few underworld bosses who are looking to install something they can hide to track their smugglers, make sure they're not cutting off top or making unapproved stops on the way back."

He tapped a few more commands and then swiped the data to his portable device, watching the data download stream with an impatient hum. "Come on, come on, you piece of junk. I've seen datachips take shits faster than this. So," he set the tablet down on a nearby table and turned to look at his new companion, his eyes roaming over her strange form. "What exactly are you? We've got time to kill and I've got a lot of questions eating holes in my brain."

Dusk chuckled when he remarked on her feeling like shit. "Well it's mainly the gell that makes it shit. Coughing that stuff up is never fun. Please tell me they stopped using it." She would say as she came out if her pod and stretched with a groan. When he described being on a operating table Dusk shudderd one of her worst phobias surgery. "Yeah no thanks I'll take burning to death over that." She says.

When asked about which she preferred she shrugged. "Dusk is fine." She would say as she listened to him ramble he lost her train if thought st some points but she wasnt dumb just still waking up. When he brought up his valuable the black box was on the black market Dusk didnt really mind not caring much for law anyway. "So how much do you think this junker is now worth?" She asks.

When jack asked what she was Dusk couldnt help but chuckle a little. "Well I'm a cyborg really. Part reall woman part machine. All mods that optimize sex really. I was one of the well whores on this ship. I know the mods came with the job. I just cant remember how the contract was right now. I now the mods came with the job but I cant remember if I was hired or a volunteer. I know food and a room was covered and free though." She says with a small grin.

"I couldn't say whether they have or not," Jack replied with a shrug. "We don't use a lot of cryogenic pods now, they're antiquated. We use this newer crash couch that you sit in and it injects with a sort of neutralizing serum that turns you into a jello. You don't feel anything and it's wonderful. Some of the new war frigates can jump faster that light and they realized that having half of the crew dying upon reaching their destination wasn't valuable when entering into a battle."

He shrugged again at her comment. "Burning to death could be preferable to a lot of ways to die, to be fair."

"Pleasure, Dusk." He made his way over to shake her 'hand' gently up and down. "Hard to say, the black box so far has been the most valuable. Next would be you, though I don't really know how to place a value on you as a 'thing' when you seem alive and not programmed. Hard to sell something you can't tell to do this or that, most people frown on self-identity and a sense of self. The ship itself though, it could be valuable, could be worth shit. Depends on the value of the metal and whatever else I can salvage."

He scrunched his face up inside his visor when she explained what she was. "A cyborg? I didn't even know they made those any more. Last I heard, they were abolished by the Human Rights Activists of the Great Human Movement of 2444. Heard a lot of cyborgs and androids died in the riots and factory fires on one of the core planet worlds. A sex borg? Sounds kinky!"

Dusk would listen to jack explain the new methods of cryo and be a bit surprised at the explanation of how it worked. The idea of being converted into a blob of biological material and dna didnt sound pleasant. That and she wasnt to sure how it would fair with her mechanical parts. "Sounds interesting... wont lie the idea of turning into jello sounds a bit unpleasant... that I dunno how well I'd reform with my mechanical parts." She would say.

Dusk would shake Jack's hand and give him a smile as she did. When jack began to talk about the value of the ship and so far the two most valuable things where her and the black box. At that statement Dusk would raise a brow and gain a small grin. "I hope your not planning in selling me to the highest bidder." Dusk would say with a joking tone but also a bit of seriousness.

When Jack explained what had happened what happened during 2444 how alot of cyborgs and androids died during riots and factory fires Dusk took on a bit of a surprised and worried expression. "Huh... well damn.... so what dose that mean for me then.. I hope not a scrap yard... while I'm a good bit machine I still have a human brain..." Dusk would say with an awkward slightly worried chuckle.

"As for the sex borg part Yeah you pretty much got it right... I cant complain either... i won't was pretty fun in this ship while it was still in service." Dusk would say with a small grin and bright blush remembering some events from her time on the pleasure yacht.

"I don't know all of the scientific jargon," Jack replied with a groan. "I stopped trying to understand it after the fourth or fifth time I went through a jump. I just know that it works, I come out the other end alive and there's been no visible side-effects or other detriments that my medical equipment can pick up on its scanners. Don't know about your mechanical parts, since most of your kind are gone or no longer functional."

He pretended to consider it. "Nah, you're far too valuable for the information you possess in your personal memory storage. I assume you have to have some to process and record your interactions so you can 'learn', right?"

"That's for an Imperial magistrate to decide when we enter the next port to sell my bounty." He replied with a shrug, continuing to work at cutting pieces of the ship away, kicking them into the slowly growing mass of floating metal. "I'm assuming they would probably grant you citizenship status and would give you a small refugee loan to find a place to live and an occupation."

He raised an eyebrow, pausing what he was doing. "What exactly did you do?"

Dusk would listen as jack explained how the new cryo worked though as Jack brought up there was no way of telling what would happen either. "It could work... though I think I'd rather be safe than sorry. As much as I dont like those pods I know they work." Dusk would say with a shrug.

Dusk would chuckle a little as Jack brought up personal memory storage. She would shake her head no as she began to explain. "Not quite... see I was born just like any other human. My brain still dose all the thinking... I just have more than my fare share of robotic modifications." She explains affirming that she was more human than some other andriods or cyborgs.

When told that she probably wouldn't end up shut down and scrapped she let out a small sigh of relief. "That a relief. Wont lie for a moment I thought I was screwed either way. Nice to know I probably wont be getting scrapped." She would say with a small smile. From the change in her expression it was easy to tell she was a bit nervous for a moment.

When asked what she did on the ship Dusk blushed bright red as she broke eye contact with Jack for a moment. "Well... to be blunt I geuss you could say I was one of the whores on this ship... I fucked, teased striped on this ship more times than I can count." She would say blushing bright red. "That's why they gave me the mods. With how many... people I entertained. The modifications make it nearly impossible for me to get sick... that and they make sex better... dosent help I've always been a bit of a kinky thing since my early teens." Dusk would explain.

"No one said you had to use it," Jack replied with a shrug. "I'm sure we could figure out a way to remove the pod and it's equipment and move it over to my ship and install it, if that's how you'd prefer to do it. It'll take some time to make sure that everything is brought along to insure proper operation. Wouldn't do for us to have something happen to you between now and returning to Imperial-controlled space and the next outpost where we can hopefully find a justice of the peace and get you started on your path to citizenship or at least an idea of what to do to go about starting the process."

He tapped his chin. "You don't have some form of backup memory chip? How did they do the neuro-interface then?"

"What robotic modifications?" He asked, suddenly curious, crossing the distance to stand in front of her again, circling around her. "Like I said, you're an oddity. You're the first anyone has seen of a cyborg or android in several hundred years. You're probably going to find me the first of many who ask you a barrage of questions, just might as well get used to being under a microscope for the next say, eh, fifty years or so."

He chuckled and reached out a hand to ruffle her hair. "You won't have to worry about being scrapped for a long while. I don't see any reason to scrap you right now. To be honest, it'll benice to have some conversation for the first time in a very long while. Just be prepared, my social skills are sorely lacking and in need of work. Either way, it should certainly make for more than the usual boring adventure that it is to travel to and from scrap. Who knows, maybe I'll keep you around."

"Whores?" Jack asked with a laugh. "You blushing and questioning your own role is strangely amusing for some reason. Well, good news is that a very similar occupation exists today though they tend to be paid better and usually don't have to travel unless they want to. Well, it sounds like you picked the perfect occupation for yourself then. I don't know if my younger self would have been content with me being a simple scavenger captain; but, I'd argue with him till we're both blue in the face that I'm the captain of my own ship and I earn an honest wage."

He resumed his gradual cutting of the ship, making sure to work outward, leaving the integrity of the pleasure floor intact to preserve the oxygen on board. He'd had to exit and anchor himself on the outside of the ship when removing several large hull plates that he pushed toward the waiting net of his ship. He knew he'd have to program these coordinates and return or find a way to tug the vessel. To be honest, he kind of wanted to leave it here and come back to harvest more. It was easier to protect a source when it was hidden somewhere than when it was being pulled along behind his ship and open to pirates.

"Thanks... I appreciate that. Probably the best bet as we know they work for me. If you need any help doing that I'd have no problem." Dusk says as she continues to watch Jack work. The heels that where permanently fixed to her feet didnt have magnets. However she didnt complain as she floated around in zero g.

When asked about the memory back up and how they did the Neuro interface Dusk began to explain. "Well I dont remember to well. Though there is a memory back up incase anything where to happen. As for the Neuro interface. Well geussing that cyborgs and androids pretty much no longer exist. The brain computer interface made by Dr Lazarus in 2250 is lost knowledge. Though I'm not to sure how it works.. I just know that it dose." Dusk explains with a shrug.

When jack ruffled her hair she couldnt help but blush a bit but flash him a smile as he eased her worries of being scrapped. when he brought up the idea of having her around for a while her smile got a bit bigger. "I wouldnt mind that. Better than being stuck on a station or planet." Dusk would say.

When jack brought up how she made a solid career choice for herself she couldnt help bit blush a bit as she continued to listen. When he brought up the fact she wouldnt need to travel she shrugged. "To be fair why I took this job was to get off world... while space can be terrifying it's also beautiful in it's own way. Though I wont lie maybe the younger you might be a bit more on board with the scavenger idea if they knew you'd find a sex borg." Dusk says with a chuckle and grin.

When jack went outside to continue his salvage job Dusk figured she would see how some of her old belongings had faired. "Hey Jack when you come in if you dont find me where I was dont worry. Just going to my old room if it's still even there." Dusk would say over the coms as she began to make her way through the ship

"Help me remove it then." Jack grunted as he shifted back from the piece of ship he was cutting, moving back over to the pod. "You're going to make this difficult, ugh. I'm billing your employers extra."

He let the joke float before groaning, tossing his hands in the air, as he began rummaging around the pod, following the various wires and cords to see where they connected and what they did. "I can't promise that this is going to work. I'm going to do my best to disentangle this thing from the ship. I don't even have the tools necessary to make sure that everything functions the way it is supposed to, let alone knowing how to diagnose issues that might arise with tampering with it. If you know something, speak up now or forever hold yourself liable."

Then he set himself to doing just that, tinkering around with the pod over the course of the next several hours, taking breaks at regular, suit-prompted intervals to re-hydrate and consume protein bars. Finally the last mooring holding the pod in place came loose and the pod began floating in the air. He turned to look at his new companion, pointed to it and then towards his ship's hatch. He motioned her along before turning to resume his cutting work. He wanted to try to salvage as much of the scrap metal, wiring and electrical parts as he could. Some of the older versions on wrecked ships like this could fetch an entire month's worth of fuel supply costs at the scrapper outposts. This ship would ease the burdens of ship maintenance and pay an entire year's worth of loans! The thought alone made him giddy and prompted him to a quicker pace in his tasks. The sooner he finished chopping the ship, the sooner he could turn it in for a profit and relax on one of the newer pleasure worlds.

"In regards to your earlier comment," Jack chimed in with a smirk. "It does not matter what age I am, the prospect of finding a sexual cyborg is thrilling, regardless."

Dusk nods when jack tells her to help her remove the cryo pod. "Well from what I know of these they have two methods of operating. They can be wired in to a main cryo supply or use smaller tanks. If we just move the pod and power it up we can bring a few of the smaller tanks over." Dusk suggests as she gets to work helping jack disconnect the pod. It's not an overly difficult process. Over the course of the next few hours Dusk would do her best to help jack out with the job. Though she wasnt much help bit having much salvage experience. She would take a few breaks as well with Jack when he did though she had to stay inside the pressurized parts of the ship. When they got a good bit of the way through the job Dusk wonderd. For a moment. "Hey jack... looking at from what I can tell on this ship from old files. Its works pretty well like a towable barge to." Dusk would say as she used her suits in build hud to look over the ship.

When jack made his comment on finding a sex borg was exciting regardless of what age Dusk chuckled as she flashed him a grin. "Yeah that's definently fair" she would say.

"I think you mean you will," Jack replied with a chuckle as he continued to work at harnessing the wiring and components from the computer terminals. "Think of it as your way of paying for your transportation costs to civilization. Before you say that you have other methods of paying, I don't know you that well and I'm not trusting myself in such a vulnerable position to a cyborg, seen enough science fiction films to know how that turns out for the human."

He peeked out from under one of the panels, flashing her a smirk. "Besides, you're more familiar with the technology than I am so it would also be logical for you to move the parts since you'd have a better understanding of what the bare minimum necessary for the pod to function at optimal levels is. I don't want to tow it. Here, where the coordinates are a secret known only to us two, it is a lot easier to defend and protect than to try to move it and have anyone with the ability to track my ship finding out. Then they attack, someone else finds out, attacks them, etc. It would be far more of a hassle to move it rather than to just leave it where it is for now."

"For now, let's just continue to scrap and harvest." Jack yawned, wishing he could scratch at his scalp, an irritating itch there bothering him. "I want to get a good idea of the most valuable stuff today and then worry about the rest later."

Dusk nodded as and chuckled a little at his comments about her being a cyborg and not trusting her. "Yeah I can take care of the pod and a few other things no problem. Though with your comment on me being a cyborg I get where your coming from. Though in different circumstances that could hurt my feelings. None the less.it get your concern." She would say as she got to work on getting the pod ready to move and all its essentials. She would use some scrap wire to tie everything the pod needed to it so it was an quick move in zero g.

When jack brought up his concern about toeing the wreck she nodded getting his concerns. "Yeah I can see why. If we get most of the valuables it would be the best bet. That and now having a way off this one I dont wana get wrecked again.

After a few hours a doing work on the ship a good part of its valuables are taken. Its flight recorder is in good condition. Dusk had managed to find a way into the ships vault where a good few million credits where stored. While old they where still very much legitimate.

"Well, considering the fact that you've been in a pod for over a hundred years now, I don't know how many people won't trust you, just saying, I mean no offense." He replied tactfully, yanking a large circuit board from the panel, examining the connections and tossing it gently to float to join the growing scrap pile. "You can't expect humanity to be forgiving, we're not known for it and probably never will be. It's caused more than its fair share of problems through the centuries. Besides, in my defense, since you are the one using the pod, it would be in your best interests to make sure that everything needed for it to function properly and keep you alive is brought along and in working order."

He flashed her a grin. "Just because my frigate is retrofitted, doesn't mean I don't have surprises if I get attacked. I just prefer not to have to use them as anything more than threats to deter attacks. It's expensive to replace the missiles and ammunition for the guns, not to mention that it's not exactly sanctioned by the Imperial government. They would have no qualms about throwing me into one of the prison system worlds, where I would quickly be forgotten."

The rest of the afternoon and evening was spent in relative silence as they both worked. Tired and quickly leaning toward exhausted, he called it quits for the day. He made his way back over to his ship, storing and locking down the scrap metal. He used one of the modified crane arms to adjust the larger pieces of scrap metal he was hauling in his netting, making sure it was secure and wouldn't shift during their journey to the outpost. Satisfied, he docked the crane back on the side of the ship, hydraulic clamps locking it into place. He made up a quick meal of dehydrated beef and beans, using four rations, three of which he gave to his new companion.

"What do you plan to do now that you're free?" He mumbled around a mouthful of bean. "You don't have to stick with me after we reach the outpost. Have you given any thought to what you'd like to do?"

As jack began to go into how most people wouldnt trust her to begin with she frowned a little.none the less she would nod in understabding. "Yeah I get that it's still a pretty shit situation though none the less.. as for the pod yeah I can take care of that. As you said it's probably the best bet." Dusk would say as she continued to help Jack with the salvage job. As jack explained how his ship was armed though use was I'll advised she noded. "Yeah that would be pretty bad. I dunno how the new prison systems are but the old ones weren't fun." Dusk would say.

When jack gave her a good bit of the food she smiled widely. "Holy hell thank you.. I wont lie during this salvage job I've been hungry as all hell. " Dusk would say as she began to eat. She wasnt very lady like as she ate though 100 even in cryo would leave someone hungry. When asked about what her plan was she shrugged. "No clue... I could try and find a new pleasure yatch or club to work at.. though honestly I wouldnt mind trying somthing different... to be honest I was planning on sticking with you for a bit... After hearing what I've heard on what people now think on cyborgs... I'm surprised you actually woke me up and didnt just shoot me while I slept." Dusk said with a shrug before she went back to her food.

"The new ones are far worse," Jack agreed. "You wouldn't want to end up one. So much bureaucracy that once you end up inside, any attempts to appeal your sentencing would take years, even decades to make it through the system enough to earn a court date. Then the court sessions take weeks, can be appealed themselves...it's just a mess. My suggestion is to do your best to avoid the law and prisons if you can help it. It's done me well so far and look at me, I'm doing fine!"

He frowned at her proposed plans. "You're going to go back to doing what you were doing when you ended up in this situation? Well sure, you could continue to stick around with me for a bit longer. I don't have any major plans in the near, foreseeable future and as I've mentioned before, the conversational company would be great!"

"Well," Jack chuckled. "I didn't know what was in the pod to be fair. It was iced over from the lack of pressurized oxygen and the ship was dead. I'm surprised the pod was even working. I'm guessing the fact that you're even alive should be a miracle in and of itself!"

When jack brought up how avoiding the law is the best idea Dusk nodded in agreement. "Yeah I hear that. I always have anxiety around law enforcement even when I did nothing wrong." Dusk says as she continues to eat her fill of the rations.

When Jack frowned at her idea she agreed. "Well not like I'd like to going back to that. It's just what I know. Besides I think it's fair I get a small cut of the score... i would prefer just to stick with you as you seem to be pretty cool with what I am. Besides I wont lie I'll let you show me off a bit." Dusk said with a chuckle and grin.

When jack mentioned that the pod was iced over and he couldnt see Dusk raised a brow. "So are you saying if you could you would have shot." She asked a look of mild joking concern on her face. When jack brought up it was a miracle she was alive she shook her head in disagreement. "Not really. I was the only one on board with this extensive body modification. There is some life support built in which probably helped." Dusk said. As she quickly mowed a bit of food before swallowing and talking again. "That and well I looked at my cryo pod. While it had enough power for some things It didnt others did and the cryo valve was pretty much frozen open. The change in pressure when it opened broke the ice." She explained after having enough time to have had looked at a few things.

"Then it sounds like we should do our best to stick within the confines of the law, as annoying as that can be at times." Jack replied with a chuckle. "If you show any signs of nervous apprehension or even look remotely 'suspicious', the new Imperial enforcers will not hesitate to board, interrogate and hold you for questioning indefinitely. I've seen friends disappear for a simple miscommunication between them and the request of the enforcers."

He raised an eyebrow. "Who said you were getting a cut of the score? Technically you are part of the score. I will subtract your expenses from our costs and then if there is anything left over, I will see that you get a wage if you stick with me. An honest pay for an honest work. Don't be getting your hopes up, it takes a lot of credits to pay for this old piece of junk with all of her expenses: fuel, repairs, upgrades to the software and data capacity of the A.I., the list goes on and my wallet gets smaller. Let's just get back and see what we can make off of all of this first and then maybe we can negotiate some form of pay for you."

"What would be the point of showing you off?" He countered. "You would only end up in the courts and I would be under a microscope."

He turned away so she couldn't see his facial expression, one of regret and trepidation. "I cannot answer that because I do not know. I was taking a chance on opening the pod and waking up the occupant. You never know who could be inside one of them and I was hoping for the chance to make a good return." He turned back to see the end of her devouring the remnants of the meal. "Well, it sounds like there was a lot of variables that went into how lucky you were to survive to this day then. I doubt anyone else would have been so lucky."

as Jack suggested avoiding the law was the best bet Dusk nodded her head in agreement as he explained how he had freinds taken over a miscommunication. Which definently intimidated her a bit . "Damn they really dont mess around." She would say.

As jack explained she was technically part of the score she raised a brow. "Technically yes. Though I think that would apply more to an AI no also thanks for considering it. I get where you coming from on the cost of this ship as well." Dusk would away with a nod.

When jack brought up the fact that she would end up on court while jack under a microscope she raised a brow. "So then how am I gonna get that refugees status or what i was you where talking about then if I can go anywhere?" Dusk would ask with a raised brow.

When jack explained that he couldnt answer that question Dusk felt her stomach knot up a bit as the joking look of concern became a bit more real and serious. "Well then... I feel I should be a bit concerned now." She said a slight tone of caution in her voice. As jack admitted how lucky she was Dusk nodded in agreement. "Yeah I wont lie my luck has always been wierd. When i want my luck to be good its shit. When my life depends on it i seem to be blessed by lady luck herself." Dusk would say with a shrug.

"No, I don't blame them for it either." Jack continued with a shrug. "They do their jobs to help keep the shipping lanes open and free of piracy. Dealing with their sometimes autocratic requests and demands is a small price to pay for that. There's a few you can bribe to allow you to skimp by your tariff; but, you have to be careful bribing, they can raise or lower the price on their whim. They also demand the bribe in credits and usually only provide a small window of time to provide them."

He raised an eyebrow. "Are you going to agree with everything I say that easily?"

"By going through the proper channels." Jack grumbled, his eyes narrowing. "There's a difference between revealing your identity to a small crowd of necessary people and showing you off to every Tom, Dick and Sally. This would not only make getting you refugee status difficult, it could also put your life in danger with the wrong crowds of people. You made a pay with your previous work on the pleasure yacht, I assume? Well, since you have no status now, they could employ you in a similar trade and use you until you die or can no longer function."

He shrugged again, something he was beginning to notice was becoming a trend around her. "Don't question it, just be glad to be alive to live another day. You can fret the small stuff later when we get back to the safety of civilization and can get a warm bed and a shower." He felt a yawn encroaching and he lifted a hand to cover it. "Speaking of beds, I'm going to turn in. You're welcome to stay out here, sleep in the pod or wherever else you can find somewhere to sleep."

Dusk nodded her head as jack explained what It was the enforcers did in understanding. "Well that true. Cant imagine it's easy for them either keeping everything from going into total anarchy out here. When your this far out back up can be days or weeks away." Dusk would say as she cleaning up after herself.

When Jack asked if she was going to agree with everything he said she shrugged. "Well depends on what you say. With some of the stuff you told me makes sense... there are a few things you said already that kinda hurt but I imagine you dont really care. So I figured just keep it to myself. Sorry if I came across as a little rude." Dusk would explain as she finished cleaning.

As jack told her about the specifics of why not showing herself of to anyone else and why she nodded understanding more about the situation than she did. "Ahhh okay. Yeah I dont wana be worked into the ground. Sorry if I annoyed you there though I was a but confused." She said as she looked over Jack. She couldnt help but blush a little as she ran her eyes of his well built body. Another thing that didnt help was how handsome her 'savior' was.

When jack told her he was heading to bed and she could find somewhere to sleep she nodded. "Propbably a good idea. I know I'm pretty tired to. I'll find somewhere to doze off. Have a good sleep." Dusk would say as she flashed him a smile before walking away to find a spot to settle down and rest. As she did the heels that where permanently fixed to her feet clacked on the ships floor with every step. The heels giving her a sexy swaying gait her perfect ass jiggling a bit with every step as if begging for a spanking.

"Yes and no, usually when you run into them, it's usually a battleship." Jack shrugged and smirked. "Their logic lately has been to have more guns than anyone sensible would want to tangle with. Not to mention they usually have a deck or two of fighter/bomber craft and pilots stationed on it too. They really don't mess around, that's why it's usually easier to find out how to bribe them and do so."

Jack reached over to place a hand on her knee or what he assumed was a knee. "If I say something hurtful, tell me. I just explained to you that it's been a really, really long time since I've had company and I wasn't exactly well known for my social etiquette back then. It's like learning to walk all over again, just gotta take baby steps and figure it out one step at a time until I'm walking across the room again with sure strides. Might be a long while though."

"It's all good," Jack replied with a rare smile, revealing clean teeth. "It's been a long time since you were out of your pod, it's understandable that there would be a steep learning curve in trying to figure out exactly how everything has changed around the known and unknown, since some planets have been inhabited and/or terraformed since you went to sleep. Don't worry, I have no intention of working you into the ground, it doesn't do me any good to lose the help short-term."

He watched her ass bounce with each step as she walked away and he sighed, running his hand through his hair, muttering to himself. "This ship is too small for an ass like that to be so close to me."

Back
Top Bottom