Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Suggestion Request thread prefixes

Bunny

ʜᴇ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴍɪɴᴇ.. ʜᴇ ᴅᴏᴇsɴᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ ᴄʜᴏɪᴄᴇ ♥
I have noticed that it seems a lot of people misuse or simply don't understand the request thread prefixes. Maybe a guide would be helpful to add to the FAQ?

I know it seems like common sense, but I have had people ask or be unsure how to use them in the past. I also have clicked on a lot of threads that seem to use the wrong one, asking for Male x any, but only wish to rp with cis females.. It's just a little misleading to people who sort by the prefixes.

I know a guide thread wouldn't fix all the issues, but could be helpful for those looking for an explanation for the prefixes. Also, if we have one and I missed it, sorry!

I know at some point y'all added the explanation of what they meant to the top of the search forum pages, but I think it's not prominent and gets missed a lot. I am one who will offer suggestions to newcomers who used it wrong. Like DigitalSiren, I frequently see the 'MxAny' who then say female charas and any gender player.

I don't think anyone reads every policy on every forum they join. Some people will just be obtuse no matter where you put it. But maybe adding how the gender tags work could be added to the welcome emails.

I don't think this should be a moderation issue, but so many threads currently use the tags wrong that it kind of disrupts their usefulness. Like, I basically avoid the MxAny unless I'm really desperate and ready to get disappointed. Maybe a little notice banner about everyone checking their gender tags could go a long way towards resolving that?

I agree, but we have talked about this together before. It's not like it's a major issue, just an inconvenience really but if a nice little post with some guidelines can help just a few more newcomers to roleplay and this site in particular understand how the prefixes here work then I think it's a good idea. Wouldn't cost much, I'm sure Siren would even be willing to draft up a thread if you asked/poked her nicely enough!

Yeah, a whole thread would probably be too much, plus I'd have to add another link to my welcome thing...I like your suggestion better :D I wouldn't have it as a moderation issue either, like I said it's just a minor inconvenience when it all comes down to it and doesn't need anything strict applied.

Back
Top Bottom