Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Best old TV Show?

Dukes of Hazzard, X-Files and Twin Peaks.

My parents always left Happy Days re-runs on so I kind of grew up watching that too, it was a massive hit in my country for a decade or so.

Airwolf. That was one sexy helicopter.

Battlestar Galactica (original series - Lorne Greene, Richard Hatch, Dirk Benedict).

This is a nice read to see a lot of older great shows mentioned, but we've made it this far without one mention of Quantum Leap? Which also had a great theme song (and now has a sequel show which began airing last week).

I'm hoping that Babylon 5 gets a modern production.

The old Beauty and the Beast TV show from 1987. G. R. R. Martin worked on it. He's quite good at integrating that spesific fairytale into his writing.

This is a nice read to see a lot of older great shows mentioned, but we've made it this far without one mention of Quantum Leap? Which also had a great theme song (and now has a sequel show which began airing last week).

I'm hoping that Babylon 5 gets a modern production.
You know, I didn't catch this(Quantum Leap) one until this year when they aired it on Syfy. It's actually a very enjoyable show. I heard they did a reboot of it.

Yes, the reboot just began last week. It was decent, though I'm not sure how I feel about them having such a large team working on the project 'in the real world'. By large, I mean more than just the leaper and the hologram.

I feel the show should stick to it's original roots and be primarily the leaper, and the hologram that assists them in their journey. As it appears right now, a good quarter to a third of the show will be dedicated to the team doing all sorts of stuff in the background to help the mission, when I feel like we don't need such a focus on the team, but rather just the leaper and the hologram vs the mission of that leap (the story and people unique to that episode).

I liked the first episode, but we'll see if they clean it up some as the show continues. I just feel that they've got too prominent of background characters on the team to give them 2 minute minor parts. IMDb shows there being the same 5 in every episode so far, when I feel it should just be the same 2, becauce they're already doing missions outside of the Quantum Leap (here in the real world) and the original show didn't have such a focus on the real world, as it was mostly on the leap world.

Back
Top Bottom