Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Best old TV Show?

Yes, the reboot just began last week. It was decent, though I'm not sure how I feel about them having such a large team working on the project 'in the real world'. By large, I mean more than just the leaper and the hologram.

I feel the show should stick to it's original roots and be primarily the leaper, and the hologram that assists them in their journey. As it appears right now, a good quarter to a third of the show will be dedicated to the team doing all sorts of stuff in the background to help the mission, when I feel like we don't need such a focus on the team, but rather just the leaper and the hologram vs the mission of that leap (the story and people unique to that episode).

I liked the first episode, but we'll see if they clean it up some as the show continues. I just feel that they've got too prominent of background characters on the team to give them 2 minute minor parts. IMDb shows there being the same 5 in every episode so far, when I feel it should just be the same 2, becauce they're already doing missions outside of the Quantum Leap (here in the real world) and the original show didn't have such a focus on the real world, as it was mostly on the leap world.
I haven't seen the reboot yet, so I'm gonna hold off on any verdict. You're spot on, though; the original was all about Sam, Al and Ziggy. I'd love to see the reboot go down the same road, but so many reboots have failed miserably, so taking a different approach might work better for them.

I'm a sucker for the older shows. Currently, I will say Star Gate SG1 but I am always changing my mind about which one is the best.

For me, it's no contest. Twin Peaks. That show has influenced so many of what I look for in genre fiction.

Back
Top Bottom