Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Shadows of Kagemusha (Visual Novel World) [CLOSED]

steelsmiter

Dwarf King
Discord Server where dice rolls are handled
System Books, (Though you only need the core rulebook)

Rules, Setup, and World Info
Characters

In a fictional town called Kagemusha (in a location corresponding to the real world Kagoshima Prefecture), there's a University that deals in Theoretical Physics and has quite a bit more electronics than one would think a town of its low population should have. The town's been there for around 400 years, and for the majority of its history things have been happening that are... Weird. A few years ago, there were reports of weird creatures on campus. Some students and teachers disappeared. One teacher and 3 students turned up dead. Those that were afraid left. Those that remained reported a sharp upsurge in erotic feelings, and some pregnancies among them. Strange lights filled the sky. The next day, the faculty of Special College K closed the school down to all but a select few faculty and students for about a week. No one knows why, but within the next few days of hiatus, the strangeness suddenly stopped. Some of the staff came back from the shut down... changed. Before the shutdown, the brochure read:

Special College K is a College that is slowly branching out of Junior College status and broadening its curriculum to include classes outside home economics, nursing, teaching, the humanities, and social sciences in their curricula. Those classes are still available, but Special College K also includes accounting, business, computer science, education, engineering, law, med school, and various sciences.

Special College K is also known for its extensive Co-ed athletics department, one of a small, but growing number of schools that allows both males and females to perform on the same team. Co-ed athletic activities include Archery, Baseball, Basketball, Gymnastics, Judo, Kendo, Swimming, and Track.

Rumors abound that the students learned a thing or two more than they bargained for about Kagemusha's University and nearby Electronics Zaibatsu. Two years after the weird event on campus, someone wrote a fictional game featuring a feudal era Kagemusha, a nearby cavern complex, and many, many, varieties of tentacle beasts and goo monsters (doesn't have to be tentacle monsters if people would prefer a more fantasy, less Hentai feel). The game feels so real, and can leave players uneasy for a few days, as if they spent a long time in a wave pool.

The university itself has changed. There's a Co-Ed Mixed Martial Arts club now too, what with the sport gaining popularity over the last few years. You wouldn't think that males and females should be fighting each other, but suffice it to say that the faculty is really egalitarian in that regard, along with all their other equality concessions.

I would like to point out that characters of other races are permitted on a case by case basis due to the region having a history of supernatural influence. Also Mikos beware, there is a shrine to the local Kami who is quite a bit more lewd than you'd expect what amounts to a god to be. There is a room called a "Humility Room" that some of the mikos resistant to the idea of a lewd god sometimes sleep in to stay humble. It has had its original door replaced with a Men's Bathroom Door as a result of a fight with a pyromancer and--details are a bit fuzzy here, possibly an eldritch abomination? Older Mikos tell of highly sexual hallucinations, or possibly visions of past events that occurred, along with a worrying explosion of Mount Sakurajima.

So TL;DR- The game takes place in Modern Kagemusha, in which the characters are all students either in the MMA club, or the Electronics Club, or both. Supernatural races and Adventure Mode characters are allowed with provisions, and Mikos are different than you'd expect a Miko to be if you have pre-existing expectations of them.

Other: It looks like this game may have multiple Senpais, though if I end up creating a Senpai everyone's down for, I'm cool. Only thing I don't want is dick on dick. If I'm playing a female senpai she'll be bi. If I'm playing a character of either variety with a dick, they'll want females. The default assumption for this game is that the players are females, although there are some Archetypes, which when taken can logically be valid male builds.

Last edited:
Hopefully, I did this correctly.
It appears so, but I can't find where I decided what bonds were so maybe those are right? Your GPA should be 1 higher than whatever attributes I used to calculate it though 'cause of Honor Student. That also affects Bonds.

It also bears mentioning that Bonds calculation for this game will be either Sportsx2 or Hot+1, whichever is more advantageous to the character. Negative bonds can be taken up to -4, and their points redeemed for positive bonds. Prospective players should get with me to determine what sort of negative bonds are applicable.
aah here it is, so @Amoria you get +1 bond point 'cause you only spent Sportsx2.

M'kay! I adjusted the GPA from 4.0 to 5.0.
Regarding the bonds, do I get an additional +1 bond point or just a single bond point? Admittedly, I was a bit confused about figuring out that part.

M'kay! I adjusted the GPA from 4.0 to 5.0.
It shouldn't be either of those. GPA=Bonds, which the calculation gives you 2 of since your Sports is the higher score and is +1, but you get 1 more point

Regarding the bonds, do I get an additional +1 bond point or just a single bond point? Admittedly, I was a bit confused about figuring out that part.
So you should have a GPA of 3.0 and 3 points worth of bonds. 4 points is the usual maximum, but that doesn't mean you get the maximum score, you just have 1 more than you'd normally calculate.

From this base of 3 GPA and 3 Bond points, Bonds can separate through the addition of up to -4 bond points and the same number of extra positive bond points. So in the case of you having 3 GPA, you could have up to 7 positive bond points if you take up to 4 negative bond points, but you'll still have 3 GPA.

It shouldn't be either of those. GPA=Bonds, which the calculation gives you 2 of since your Sports is the higher score and is +1, but you get 1 more point

So you should have a GPA of 3.0 and 3 points worth of bonds. 4 points is the usual maximum, but that doesn't mean you get the maximum score, you just have 1 more than you'd normally calculate.

From this base of 3 GPA and 3 Bond points, Bonds can separate through the addition of up to -4 bond points and the same number of extra positive bond points. So in the case of you having 3 GPA, you could have up to 7 positive bond points if you take up to 4 negative bond points, but you'll still have 3 GPA.
Ah, okay. Sorry for the confusion. I'll adjust things accordingly.

I'm still around and would be happy to rejoin if we want to start this back up. Yui was a fun character to play!

Let's see if I remember where we left off...
  • Yui had hallucinated a weird voice after using the VR system, so Tetsuo had taken her back to a SatoVR facility to get checked out. On the way he'd started filling her in on the company's true purpose.
  • Separately, Akihiro and Hanako were brought back to the same facility by Josei Jinko so they could retrieve Hanako's clothes (I think?)
  • Both groups were sidetracked when Yui and Hanako had a run-in involving hentai slime, which was on the verge of turning into an outright orgy as Akihiro and Tetsuo got involved.
  • Meanwhile, I think Reiko and Junko were off having a drive through the city.
We were closing in on that small timeskip Montage you were planning, so it'd probably make sense to skip ahead to that point so Amoria's character can get involved, and just summarize whatever was left to happen in the facility trip.

We were closing in on that small timeskip Montage you were planning, so it'd probably make sense to skip ahead to that point so Amoria's character can get involved, and just summarize whatever was left to happen in the facility trip.
Honestly, that's the problem. I have no idea what it was, I'm not even sure what the concentration is of Martial Arts Club players to VR players, but VR play has canonical chance to bleed over into the real world through pretty much every iteration of the game since VR was conceptualized back at the end of the first time I ran the game. I seem to recall some quibble over whether players actually wanted that too, but don't remember which players and how much quibbling.

Sorry guys, but I think I'm gonna have to let you down, I haven't been able to come up with anything since my last response here. It's probably better if I call this one closed.

No worries, Steel, I don't know that we were much help on that front. šŸ˜… Let us know if you ever change your mind!

Keep track of these sheets, I may come up with a completely different idea for which keeping the same stats, but changing any biographicals may be workable.

Back
Top Bottom