Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Issue Email notifications not working...?

Sync

Corporate Drone
Supporter
Just wondering...I've noticed that I'm not getting email notifications of posts to threads or PMs recently. I'd guess the last 2 weeks I've been missing notifications.

Is there some setting I can check or refresh to see if I can kick notifications back into life? Or is there something in the back-end that might be causing it?

You can check your 'preferences' to see if all the right options have been selected. I just checked the only place I know of that logs emails that can't be delivered and nothing came up for your email address (though there may be another place this information is tracked and I'll keep an eye out and also ask around) - have you checked your spam folder? Sometimes it seems like email services will just decide roleplay website stuff belongs in spam.

I'm having the same issue. I'm not getting any indication that I've gotten any email notifications even though I've seen them in in my email after I see that replies have come through on-site. Its been peeving me but I didn't think to say anything because thought it might have just been happening to me as an isolated thing.

I'm having the same issue. I'm not getting any indication that I've gotten any email notifications even though I've seen them in in my email after I see that replies have come through on-site. Its been peeving me but I didn't think to say anything because thought it might have just been happening to me as an isolated thing.

Sorry is your issue that you're not getting the notifications in your inbox at all, or that they're arriving in your inbox but you're not getting an alert about it?

Huh...and I'm getting email notifications from this thread. Weird. Yet I know I've missed email notifications from PMs.

Oh, well. I'll park it and keep an eye on things.

@Cypherxk2
If your email is not giving you notifications about messages arriving in the email inbox I don't believe that's something that Blue Moon can troubleshoot, I think it would be an issue on the email service's end.

@Sync
That's definitely strange! I hopped into your preferences through the back-end and went for the tried and true method of 'turn it off and turn it back on again' with notifications for PMs, which may or may not help. I'm afraid I don't have the knowledge to really troubleshoot further than I do, but we can definitely call in Vekseid if you'd like things investigated further.

Back
Top Bottom