Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Seeking GM & Players for a War RP in an Original World

CasualVelociraptor

Ravenclaw
Supporter
The World of Emada

For thousands of years, the world of Emada has kept orbiting around a binary star system as humans, elves, dragons, dwarves, demons and angels contended for supremacy over its land, sky and oceans. Everything changed when the small human island nation of Caledoria defeated the powerful Elder Dragons’ gambit to destroy the upstart species. Now, in the year 1893 After Caledoria, the Caledorian Empire dominates one third of the world’s land and one billion people with an unrivaled navy and fleet of whaling trawlers that fuels its steam based machines, including all surface airships with massive artillery, primitive planes, and walking fifty foot tanks called Goliaths. Meanwhile, the elvish ruled Ananki Confederation, with its command over magic and dragons, and the merfolk ruled Kingdom of Olsea with its control over the oceans and its beasts push back against whaling, racism by humans against nonhumans, and other abuses, and devise a plan in secret to stop humanity’s rise to power once...and for all.

For a more detailed backstory prior to 1893 and a map please visit CasualVelociraptor’s Book of Dreams.

Opening Salvos of The Final War

Friday, June 16th, 1893

Caledorian Empress Emily Caldwell dies peacefully in her sleep in the capital city of Radiant after 28 prosperous years of rule. Or so the public is led to believe, to prevent panic. The new Emperor, Henry Caldwell, speaks to this at the opening of the planned seven day Royal Artistic, Industrial, and Scientific Exhibition (RAISE), and implements a number of positive reforms in the Imperial government and religious structure. Thankfully, the event goes off without a hitch.

But that evening, as ten million souls sleep in their beds, Olsea launches a surprise raid on Radiant using amphibious Royal Guard soldiers, the terrifying power of their city’s Kraken, and tens of thousands of Ananki dragons in a bid to seize control of the World Rim Railway, which recently cut off underwater service to Olseka (the capital) and sent the entire kingdom’s economy into tailspin. The city’s defenses scramble, but it’s too late; by the time the invaders are beaten back, 100,000 people are killed and untold thousands more are infected with a mysterious “mer flu.”

The Emperor declares martial law on the 17th, including cancelling the rest of RAISE, suspending the Senate, a city wide quarantine and stay at home order for non-essential workers to contain the pandemic, and nationalization or shutdown of several key sectors of the economy. While homosexuality is decriminalized, persecution of nonhumans by angry mobs who drink superpower-granting philters as well as the expansion of the black market is ignored and even quietly encouraged by the government.

Finally, on Sunday, June 18th, negotiations between the three superpowers break down and the Empire declares war against the Confederation and Olsea Kingdom. In a speech given that day, Henry names himself Emperor Colossus III, unveils a Great Red Fleet of 1,000 brand new Continental-class airships with the power to bombard entire cities, 5,000 Uber Goliaths, and 10,000 aeroplanes that arrived too late from the northern polar reaches to counter the raid, and declares, “This will be the Final War to neutralize any enemies of humanity!” Giving what promises to be one of the most terrible conflicts in Emadan history its ominous name.

The fourth superpower, the Alliance of Free States, remains neutral until its member state of Midvadir, controlled by a military junta that deposed their Sultan, declares war on the rest of the Alliance that Monday and sides with the Confederation and Kingdom. This gets the Empire involved in the Alliance Civil War and drags the entire world into fateful bloodshed.

So, Where Do You Come In?

I have an idea that I think could be amazing, but I’ve never run a systems based roleplay before. I’ll need a GM with whom I can plan out the actual campaign, and who can help design the combat systems and refine the rules laid out below. Ideally, I’d like the action to be focused around my character and three other player characters who all live on the same airship and all fly combat planes or air screws (primitive helicopters), or perhaps a group of Goliath drivers (two per Goliath), but I’m open to discussing any other scenario you’d like.

The Basic Rules First Edition

No one will be a Chosen One responsible for the course of the entire war, but any mistakes could have catastrophic consequences for the entire group or even lose a whole battle, so be on your toes. This is war, so anyone can die or meet a different bad end, but Command (myself and whoever is the GM) will be quick to allow you time to create a new character to fill in the squad if your main is killed or otherwise permanently incapacitated.

When out of their vehicles, player characters will be allowed to pick one long gun (rifles of the bolt or lever action variety, long scatterguns, primitive automatic chatterguns, long bows/crossbows etc.), one sidearm (pistols, primitive machine pistols, sawn-off shotguns, grappling hooks, etc.), and one throwable (potato masher, cold fire cocktail, etc.) Weapons are swappable, potentially at a quartermaster run by myself.

Magic can only be equipped naturally by nonhuman characters (i.e. elves, half-elves, monsterfolk, merfolk), but a spell replaces all guns and throwables and is the only action allowed on your turn if cast.

Human characters who wish to wield something akin to magic must CHOOSE ONE:
  1. Drink philters (which are temporary and have a chance to cause addiction and incapacitate your character through aggressive mutation over time)
  2. Possess an inherited connection to the chthonic force known as The Darkness (which has a chance to cause insanity if used too much)
  3. Carry a magical object such as a staff or wand (which are hard to come by and have a chance to explode)
Philters replace throwables, The Darkness replaces long guns, and a magical object replaces sidearms (except for staves or enchanted two handed melee weapons, which replace long guns instead).

I’m thinking that for party balance we should only allow two out of the four characters to have magic or magic-like options, and one of them will not be me. However, I’m open to feedback about this.

Any sexual activity more graphic than kissing and heavy petting and any especially graphic violence (such as torture) against unarmed NPCs must be veiled. No exceptions.

If sexual activity of any kind between two or more player characters is not consented to by all players involved, it will result in an instant and permanent ban of the instigating party from the roleplay. Please feel free to message me or the GM if you feel unsafe in any way.

With all that in mind, I look forward to building this story together.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom