Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Court of Stars and Springs (xCourtofDreamers/DigitalSiren)

"They know better than to anything when I am with you."

The words seemed odd, but they made a part of her heart soar. What about her made it taboo for them to interrupt him? Taliesin was sure she was reading too far into it, yet she couldn't help the way they made her feel. The smirk that had slipped across his mouth drew her eyes to it. Emeric had a handsome mouth.. Her eyes rose to meet his again. His reassurance made her smile softly. He had this way about him, with his full attention on her, that made Taliesin feel like she was the only woman in the world. A focus that made her heart beat just a little faster, that made her want to preen for more of his attention. One corner of her lips tugged upwards and she blushed prettily. For a moment, she forgot how she looked all battered and felt beautiful. It was how she felt he saw her. "Then I would be honored to join you."

She had turned slowly, baring her back to him. Emric's larger hand taken the sponge from her and Taliesin allowed her eyes to close at the first touch of it against her skin. Beneath his gentle touch, she relaxed. The heat of the bath curled against her skin, her silvery locks curling slightly at the ends. The touch made Taliesin want to purr. That softness that was settling into her limbs languidly vanished at the mention of scars.

Scars?

The thought vanished as his fingers brushed her skin. The air in her lungs was expelled, the touch searing. Heart racing, a small hand moved to rest over his own. The touch of her fingers against his was gentle, shy even and perhaps a touch shy. Turning in the water she looked up at him, lips slightly parted. "Emeric" Taliesin's voice caressed his name. The urge to kiss him was stronger now than it had ever been.

----

The young human queen had no idea of mates or how the High Lady of the Summer Court felt towards her. She did however know her own feelings as she brazenly flirted with her. You will get used to it. It made her smile, thinking she would be around long enough to become used to the strange way of travel. It warmed her heart at the prospect. The logistics might be complicated. A High Lady and a Queen. Emerald eyes lifted to meet hers. All the beauty in the room and Amoret only had eyes for Asteria. Asteria led her closer to the others as her eyes flashed, drawing a grin from Amoret. It was a lazy spread of lips, her eyes dancing. "I had thought I made that clear," came the sweet response, her voice a purr.

Tugged closer still, her cheeks blushed a dusty rose as Asteria used her magic to pull her chair out. Fingers brushed against the back of her hand. There perhaps should have been shame in her open flirtation. The looks, the touches. They were after all in public, yet the normal social decorum seemed to fly out the breezy open windows when she was around Asteria. Sitting, legs crossing beneath her long skirt, she looked towards Asteria as she questioned who someone was. Her eyes shifted as a male answered her. her smile was soft, but Amoret was a Queen after all. "The human. Charming. I do have a name, as well as ears." The words were almost bland, but the steel of her soul peeked through. "I am Amoret and it is a pleasure to meet you." Her name was offered without title and she looked to Mykal with verdant eyes.

Her appetite was lacking to a point. Asteria was very distracting. The looks that she kept giving her made her mouth go dry. It was odd that their host wasn't there, though who was she to judge a High Lord. Picking at her food she listened to the conversations that spilled around her. In truth, she wished only to be with the High Lady beside her... Something that in time, she would have. She just needed to be patient. Not something she was known for...

His hazel eyes never left her body and a feeling of warmth wash over him. The animalistic feeling was rushing through him, it made him want to claim what was truly his right to do, but how can he do that when she doesn't have any memories of who she is and what she is? He couldn't just brush that away and clear his throat while he was going to pull away from her back, but then her hand fell over him and he lost his breath for a moment. A simple touch of his mate was all that he needed, but he wasn't going to push this. She needed to recover from whatever had happened and wondering if her memories will ever return to her again. All these scars and bruises made such anger burning through him that he wanted nothing more than to destroy whoever cause this to happen to her.

When she turned around to face him, the water somewhat covering her bosoms as well, but the sound of his name slipping past those parted lips. It sent a small growl to rumble through his being as he leaned in closer to her. His free hand sliding along the rim of the tub while reaching up to cupped her cheek in a hestiant way as if she would fade away from him- like a dream after he had wakened up from. This woman was so enticing as he brought his face closer to hers while speaking her name with a breathless tone, "Taliesin."

He wasn't sure what he was feeling or why he couldn't stop himself as she was so inviting. Her skin was so soft to the touch as well while his thumb circle her lips as well. They were so soft as he took the time to mesmerize her features and her wet hair as well. He notice the way that the end of her hair curled at the ends and he found it hot as well. A warm smile spread across his lips while tilting his head as his eyes narrow to slits while leaning into where he was barely inches from her lips, but then there was an interrupted knock at the door and he pulled away with a heavy sigh. His forehead gently touching hers, "We have guests downstairs."

"Emeric! Don't make me dragged you out of that tub!" A familiar voice came through the door and he knew it was Mykel as well with the medicine for her wounds. He wouldn't have any doubt that his cousin was with him with the dress for her as well. With a deep breath, he pulled away from her, "Be careful upon getting out, Taliesin." He gave her another fond smile before pushing away from the tub while getting up on shaky legs. He managed to walk over to the closet and pulled out a towel for her as well as a robe for her. He shows her the items in his hands before placing them down on the vanity seat for her. He walks out of the bathroom while closing the door to give her some privacy while taking a deep breath before crossing over to the door and it to find Mykel and his cousin as well. They were smirking at him while Mykel said, "Having fun with her?"

His cousin jabbed at him "Oh yes, is Emeric being naughty?" He shook his head while ordering, "Hurry up and bring her to the dining room after you are done. Any foul movements on your part and I will rip your head off." He warn Mykel while he only smirk more, but nodded his head before entering the room along with his cousin Anya. Anya went into the bathroom while kindly asking her if she was done or not as Mykel waited in the bedroom with the medicine and salves as well.

*(*

Asteria only curled her lips up at the human woman who was being so bold at the moment and even the Illyrian boys were looking between the two. She only smirk at them, but they shook his head back and forth while she cross the room to the dining room table while watching her. "Oh, have you now?" She teased her lightly. She knew she was being playful and it was a really unusual thing for her to see. Erielle punches one of the Illyrian boys in the ribs which earns him a burst of laughter. She did watch as Mykel and Anya walk out of the dining room. She guesses it was to grabbed Emeric from wherever he was at while shaking her head. She made sure that her own guest was seated at the table while scooted in too. She sat down ladylike in her dress while her eyes went back to Amoret. Her own eyes never leaving hers and she did feel her fingers against her own too.

It truly was something to think about as the Illyrian took a seat and Erielle did as well as plates were being made. The clinking of glasses was sounded through the air as well. "Don't mind the Night Court ones, they are a bunch of animals."

"We are warriors. Thank you very much." Sebastian gave her a look with a wicked smirk on her lips.

"Annoying ones." Erielle smirk at him. Vladimir only shares a smirk with Sebastian, but he didn't say anything at all. Finally, after what felt like forever. Emeric came waltzing in with a smirk on his lips as he came over to the High Lady of The Spring Court. She stood up while extending her hand to him as he took it and brought it to his lips, "Welcome to the Night Court, Asteria." A warm smile spread across his lips while looking over to her guest as he was surprised, "A human at our table. There's a first for everything."

Asteria gave him a look while jerking her hand out of his grip, "Her name is Amoret and she is a human queen."

Emeric nodded his head in understanding, "Of course. Forgive me, your highness." He smirks at her before taking his seat next to Asteria on purpose no less while handing her a copy of their agreement as she sat back. The flirtiness and the teasing looks were gone. The High Lady was back in gear with a serious look on her face as she focus on the papers before her. Emeric gather what he wanted and place it on his plate as well. He looks over to the young queen again while asking her, "I do hope you like my court so far, Queen Amoret."

The hand that slid along her jaw, cupping her cheek was so warm, so strong and it made something inside her melt. Her name on his lips and the look on his face made her want to purr like a kitten for him.. Lips parting, her lashes lowered a fraction as she looked down. The rough pad of his thumb brushed her lips and she inhaled a shaky breath. There was something about him that made her knees feel weak even as she sat in the warm bath. Leaning closer their breath mingled and danced even as she leaned up some, as if offering him that kiss they both seemed to want so badly. The knock made her slip back into the water though, her cheeks flushed from more than the heat of her bath now. His forehead fell to hers, following her back down slightly and his voice was soft as he reminded them of the guests waiting. Nodding slightly, Taliesin swallowed heavily and bit her lower lip as he pulled back.

Watching him turn, she smiled softly. "Yes, Emeric." There was not title, for he wasn't her lord, but there was something in her voice as she spoke. The towel and robe were shown and she nodded some watching him turn and leave. Exhaling she buried her face in her hands and sighed. Why did he make her feel this way? Rather than linger, knowing they were waiting on her she rose carefully, her legs still a touch rubbery as she slipped from the water. There was nothing but the sound of water running down her body, soft drops hitting the water below before slipping fully from the rub, the towel wrapped around her torso.

The act of drying off was a process, though slow, she was able to wick the moisture from her pale skin before slipping the rob that Emeric had laid out for her on. It was then that Anya's gentle knock was heard and Taliesin smiled slightly. "I am." Once inside the two women began to get her ready for the meal. A dress had been picked with clear care for her injuries. While lovely, it wasn't tight and fitted. The loose black fabric was rich, with golden details along the bodice, flashes of pale skin between inky swaths of cloth. A high slit showed off her short legs and a pair of lovely golden sandals completed the look. "Thank you," Taliesin said, motioning to the dress and all the help Anya had provided to help her get dressed. Shifting uneasily she bit her lower lip gently, careful of the split in her lip still. "Do.. I really look okay?" She didn't want to bother the guests and while Emeric had already seen her, a part of her was worried for him to see her again, bruised as she was.

----

"I believe so. Perhaps you could look for me?" There was a lightness to her tone, a playfulness even. To a point, it was so odd to see so many Fae, so many warriors, act so casually with one another. Guided to a seat Amoret sat and smiled up at Asteria as she pushed her seat in. "Thank you." The words warm with something more than simple thanks. The softness of fingers curled against the back of her palm and she shifted her hand, palm opening to the High Lady, fingers curling against her, her bright green eyes on only Asteria for a moment. Her eyes flashed to the men and she smiled faintly. "Duly noted," when Sebastian spoke up she chuckled. "Who said you can't be both?" A brow rose lazily in his direction. While it felt dangerous, teasing these men, these warriors, Amoret wasn't normally one to fade from the spotlight.

Her eyes shifted as another man joined them and she watched Asteria rise, her hand slipping from the High Lady's. The greeting and the warm smile on his lips made her smile slightly as well, though when those eyes turned to her and the comment about a human made her bristle slightly. Asteria, though, gave him an unfriendly look as she pulled her hand free. Tilting her head, she stayed silent as Asteria sat beside her once more. Amoret wanted to offer something to soothe the beauty beside her and her hand brushed against her thigh gently. It was a lover's touch, but she didn't take it further. A thank you and a source of comfort for the High Lady. Silly, perhaps, she thought. She was a silly human, but she might have wanted such comfort in her place.... Needed or not, the mere thought that she wasn't alone, enough.

Her eyes lifted to meet Emeric's and she nodded slightly. "I haven't seen much, but even we have have heard of your lands in the fear east, High Lord." Shifting slightly she took his appearance in, a critical eye roaming his face. "Thank you for having me, even if my presence is unexpected..."

The woman was dressed in a beautiful navy blue dress that highlighted her breasts with perfect cleavage showing as well. Her dirty blonde hair was clipped back with hair accessories that decorate the top of her head, soft strands lay softly against her forehead and the rest of it fell down her back. As Mykel did the salves and put on her medicine Anya help her get dressed into her beautiful black dress that will compliment her hair and skin. As they were both done with their work, his healing ointments were already doing a wonder on her bruises. They weren't completely healed and it was going to take some more work to help her recover. "You should be resting right now instead of going to a High Fae dinner," Mykel spoke softly to her.

"Shush, you're just grumpy because you don't like mingling with people." Anya huffed at him while rolling her eyes at him.

Mykel only gave her the finger before silently walking out of the room without a glance back at them. Anya rolled her eyes while sighing softly to herself before looking over at her and examining the way the dress was fitting quite nicely against her body. The way that it hug her in the right places as if she didn't know any better. The Night Court's High Lord had earned himself a High Lady, but it was a simple observant. Nothing more than that. She cleared her throat while tilting her head at her, "Well, I can partially glamour you if you want?" Anya guided her to the bed and had her sit down before working on her long black hair and made sure that it dripped across her forehead before working beautiful silver pins in her hair as well as keeping the hair up too. She twirled her little strands next to her arch ears before facing her again. "You look absolutely stunning."

Anya was most pleased with her work before the woman asked her, "Tell me, would you like me to glamour your bruises before we go out to meet the other guest?"

*(*

The High Lady of The Spring Court turns her gaze to the woman sitting down next to her. The causal movement of her hand against her thigh was pleasant and surprising. Emeric was watching the two with curiosity and a knowing look seem to cross his features too.

"It seems that someone is being quite serious right now." Sebastian taunted the High Lady.

"I suggest doing something else with that mouth of yours," Erielle spoke with a deadly smirk on her lips.

Sebastian challenged her, "Try me."

"Don't make me laugh, little boy." A dry laugh escapes from her lips.

"Why don't you come find out how little I am?" He taunted her in return and Erielle rose an eyebrow up at him.

"Save it for someone who is going to be your mate." She snorted. The silent male next to her burst into a fit of chuckles as he couldn't contain it anymore. Emeric watches the bantering while shaking his head at them. Sebastian was hot-headed, but he was not prepared to match his equal with the Autumn Female Fae sitting across from him. She threw it right back at him and did not take any crap from him either. Emeric love it when The High Lady and her Emissary were here. His Court seem much livelier when they were here, but he could never manage to keep a smile on her face either. He wonders if the human queen next to her might be able to do just that.

He rose an eyebrow up at the human queen before speaking, "I can tell. It will be an honor to show you around in our beautiful Velaris that is our heart and treasure."

"Not without me, you don't." The High Lady of The Spring court gave him a wicked look and it seem that he had triggered something within the woman. He was as bad as his brother that was bantering among each other now.

He gave a fond chuckle while nodding, "Very well. I'll give you both the special tour. Happy now?"

She look away from him and back to the papers again as she wasn't sure why she said that. Not liking that the human woman was going out with him by herself. Not without her. "Learn to keep the comments to yourself." She snipped at him as Emeric sighed while rolling his eyes. She was so difficult to deal with sometimes. He watch her go through the papers as it seem she was trying to focus on the papers rather than everything else that was going on.

For the most part she was quiet as they worked.. Taliesin was always more on the quiet and more so out of Emeric's presence. He had a calming effect on her. Soothing and comforting all in one go... Then there was the undeniable attraction she felt for him and he seemingly returned. Tended to, dressed with care she relaxed slightly under their gentle hands. One a healer, the other just gentle with her as she helped her dress. It wasn't until her silver locks lay down her back in a single shinning sheet and Mykel had left the room, leaving the women alone that she spoke. Expressing her worry over how she looked. When Anya offered to glamour the remaining marks away, offering her the solace of her pale skin once more.

Did she want to hide what happened to her? She could, or rather Anya could. She'd look lovely, in the dress Anya had picked for her. After a long moment she gave a small shake of her head. "No. Thank you though." The pins that had been placed in her hair were an almost comforting weight as she offered Anya a soft smile. Emeric looked at her with tenderness, a softness that made her want to curl her toes. If he could gaze at her bruised and beaten flesh, then it mattered not. For in truth, it was he who she worried about. The desire to look pretty for him.. A foolish desire, though pleasant all the same. "I think I can brave their gazes.." Leaning in, Taliesin gave Anya a gentle hug before pulling back. "Thank you again. The dress, the help.. the offer."

Looking toward the door she exhaled slowly and smoothed her skirt as she shifted on her feet. "Shall we? I don't want to keep anyone waiting any longer than I have.."

----

A soft smile was offered to Asteria as she glanced at her. Amoret's hand didn't move, but her gaze shifted to Erielle and Sebastian as they bantered. A small smile lingering on her lips as she watched the pair. It was endearing, even if she seemed to feel that Sebastian was barking up the wrong tree. At least, that was how it appeared. Their ease with one another again struck her. Most of her kind, humans... were less open and easy with one another. More so than ever in positions of power. Amoret found herself jealous of the way they interacted, the friendship that they exhibited. It was something she doubted humans could easily aspire to, at least, not most.

The offer from Emeric had her brows rising slightly and Asteria's response made her blink. Fingers added mindless, simple patterns to the fabric along her thigh, soothing her with the simple touches that had not gone unnoticed. She didn't mind, her life was far too short to deny herself the things that brought her pleasure. More so here, amount the High Fae. "I would like that," Amoret said after a moment. "Honored even if you'd show us both." There was an almost unease in the pit of her stomach at the thought of being away from Asteria, the longer she was in her presence. The High Lady made her want to almost purr under her gaze, bask in the brightness of it... in far less than she was currently wearing.

"I have heard stories,"
she spoke softly, as Asteria read her paperwork, "Of the Kingdom of Starlight. Those.. queens who had once been shown it's beauty shared it with those of us who followed." There was something in her voice, a clear disdain for what they had done, perhaps. "Since I was a young girl, I had wished to see it. It seemed... so peaceful, so full of life. As if what the world should be had been created out of stone and flesh.."

Anya rose an eyebrow up at the woman while waiting for her response as she had finished pinning her silver hair up. Her hair was a very unnatural color and if she didn't know any better she would assume it was platinum than anything else. With a deep breath that escape from her lips, she nodded, "Anytime." The woman began to inform her of the guest while nodding her head over to the door, "There are three women presented at the table. Two of them are from the Spring Court and the other one is from the human lands."

"One is a woman who seems meek, but don't let her looks fool you. She is known as The High Lady of The Spring Court. The red-haired woman is technically from the Autumn Court, she is The Spring Court's Emissary now. Rumors have it she is quite powerful herself and can turn herself into a fae torch." She explain while looking her over once more and nodded again to herself that she was well equipped to meet the others. "The third woman, I don't know, but claims that she is some Human Queen from the East of the world or something like that."

She waves her hand while huffing as well while her hips sway as she walks down the hallway, her dress parting to show her beautiful long legs. A body of the High Fae and quite the charmer when she wants to be. "Emeric and The High Lady of The Spring Court have been settling disputes since her parents were murdered. It has been a rocky start between them, but the cooperation of both courts is essential. After all, there has been bad blood between the two, and now, having her here working things out with our High Lord. The darkness between the two courts has eased now."

"It's up here." She pointed to the archway as double doors were open and the laughter was pouring out of the room that they were sitting in.

*(*

The High Lady of The Spring Court look over at the woman who kept brushing her thigh with her soft touches and for a moment, she relish in her soft caresses against her. Erielle and the man were about to get into it as the taunts grew louder. Sebastian's partner sank lower in his seat as he wasn't entirely sure what was going to happen here. Asteria's power rumble through the entire room as she locks eyes with her Emissary, "Sit down and stop provoking the warrior."

"He started it..." She grumbles before taking her seat and a different smell hit her nose while looking to the doorway. She recognize that smell as if it was Anya and someone else was with her too.

"Bullshit! I didn't start anything." Sebastian protested loudly against the woman.

A sharp look from Emeric had him shutting up as well while rolling his eyes and looking over to Asteria as she look over at him, "It seems that you have everything here that would be beneficial to both of our courts as well as showing the other courts. The strong alliance between us too."

Emeric smirked at her, "Of course. I considered your words, Asteria. Did you think that I would ignore your requests?"

"With our history, then yes." She stated without hesitation.

Following Anya she tried to keep up and not cause the woman to wait on her as they made their way to where Emeric and his guests would be. "A human?" There was prejudice in her voice, more an innocent curiosity. Humans were not common in their lands and while her memory was missing in places, this she knew. Just as she knew she loved strawberries and detested bananas. She just... knew. Anya told her of each member of the court they were to meet and Taliesin tried to absorb it all. It seemed odd to her that the High Lady of the Summer court would seem meek. There was a power, an aura around most of the High Lords, that even when not on display, it seemed to have permeated their skins, their mannerisms. "A fae torch?" The words seemed odd to her, and she chalked it up to yet another thing she'd forgotten.

"It isn't usual for humans to enter our lands, right?" It seemed as if Taliesin was trying to test her memory as they walked. She couldn't help but admire the way Anya moved, the gentle sway of her hips, the sensual air that seemed to cling to her. Looking back up a soft smile played on her lips. She was glad that Emeric was able to share that sort of burden with another. She couldn't have said why, but it made her feel happy... and a touch jealous. Taliesin tried to remind herself she had no claim on the male, handsome as he was... and how desperately she wished for him to kiss her...

The pair entered the room, Arya first with Taliesin trailing behind her almost shyly. Unsure of her position within the court, she lingered by the door, her crystal blue eyes skipping along the faces in the room, one after another before her eyes found Emeric. Her heart gave a funny little beat and she smiled at him. A sweet, shy curl of her lips. "Sorry to keep you waiting.."

----

She smiled at Asteria, a slow curl of lips that seemed as if she and the High Lady shared a secret. It was no secret of course, but it was still an almost intimate look between the pair before her eyes slid to the pair arguing. Her smile changed and she shifted in her seat, hand still on her thigh as she allowed her attention to be pulled away, giving the High lord and High lady a moment to speak. Amusement danced in her eyes as the pair argued. It was... cute.

It was also endearing how a word or a look for their High Lord and Lady put them in their place. Like sulking children they obeyed, still shooting daggers at one another. When Asteria said yes, Amoret looked back to the pair with a soft smile. There would be time for her news, but it seemed an agreement or accord had been reached and for some reason, this pleased her. She didn't know the High Lady well, or as well as she'd like, but there was something about knowing she was surrounded by strong allies and friends that made something loosen in her heart and mind. A worry that might annoy the High Lady..

Anya gave her a strange look and almost forgot that the woman had no memories of anything. Did that include history knowledge and know whereabouts of the other courts? She only blink at her and will tell Emeric that the woman needed a history lesson. No funny business down in The Library underneath the House of Wind. She gave Emeric a pointed look and he furrow his brows not understanding what she meant at all. She rolled her eyes at him while clearing her throat, "Go ahead and sit down next to Emeric on his left side." Since the High Lady of The Spring Court was on the right side of him.

The woman took a seat on the side with the Illyrian warriors and smack Sebastian upside the head as he protested, "What was that for?"

"For causing trouble for our High Lord in front our guest." Anya knew the boys well and knew they were playing with fire as well.

Erielle only smirk at her and Anya gave her a delicious smirk in return as she had her fun with the woman as well. Too bad for the men at the table, they were missing a fire brand between the sheets. The woman didn't forget the accidental fire mark that Erielle left on her inner thigh after their last encounter. Emeric pulled the chair out with his hand while waiting for her to sit down as he gesture for her, "Come. Join us. Sit down and eat."

*(*

As the High Lady hand him the papers after signing her name, he took them from her and gave her a smile. The woman only stare at him and look away as he notice that she didn't touch her food at all. He gave her a concern look, but didn't say anything else the woman. Asteria look to the woman that had arrive in that vibrant red color of hers. Anya gave her a cold smile and knew that she didn't forget the fact that Asteria had a vine wrapped around her neck, but she deserve it after she had open that mouth of hers. Asteria gave her a warning while a vine snake around her wrist and then her finger as well. Anya's face whiten and she look away from the High Lady of The Spring Court as a smirk spread across Asteria's lips.

The woman look to the newcomer and was surprised. Erielle had focus her attention on her as well and Asteria knew that Erielle wanted the person who did that to her. Not caring what Court she belongs too as she had that look in her eyes-the look that she wanted to murder whoever did that to her. Asteria gave her a warning look and Erielle look away from her High Lady. Asteria look over to Emeric as he scoot the chair out for the woman and was slightly curious. Emeric turn to her and caught her look with that annoying smirk on his lips, "Talesin..." He began before introducing the new woman to them.

"This is the High Lady of The Spring Court, Asteria. The red-head there is her Emissary Erielle, my IIlyiran warriors and annoying brothers, Sebastian and Vladimir." He introduce the ones that she didn't know and reintroduce the other two if she didn't remember them from earlier.

She froze in the doorway, while Amoret was enjoying the banter and life within those at the table and the lovely new Fae in red, Taliesin, was still gun shy. She didn't recall who hurt her, but for some reason the crowd of people made her blood run cold. Her eyes found Emeric, even with Arya telling her where to go, it wasn't until she saw his eyes that she moved forward. The eyes on her made her want to squirm and the last few steps were hurried. Slipping into the seat, she looked up as Emeric said her name. She looked at each person in turn as they were introduced. The High Lady was lovely, and Taliesin gave her a shy smile before her eyes slid to Erielle. The look that had lingered in her eyes made Taliesin scoot a touch closer to Emeric, misunderstanding the anger there. The two warriors were eyed with mild interest before she finally spoke. "I am sorry to have kept you waiting." Her eyes shifted the lady beside Asteria "What is your name?"

Amoret smiled softly, not offended at being left out of the introductions. "My name is Amoret. I am a guest of the High Lady's" Taliesin's eyes softened at the look she gave the high lady. Amoret had been interested in the woman who had entered, interested and saddened by the level of abuse that had been left on her pale skin. It wasn't often she thought of the Fae as mortal. With the long lives they lived, it was often hard to remember they bled like she did and this poor woman was proof. When she had entered, her hand on Asteria's thigh had tightened and she fought back the inhale of shock. Now, it rested comfortably once more.

Taliesin Still felt slightly uneasy as she nodded some, "It is a pleasure to meet all of you." She wished she was closer to Emeric. Even just to his side, she.. she wanted to be able to hold his hand. The thought made her blush and shift uneasily in her seat. He was handsome, but why did she feel so strongly about him and... did she care? No, she realized. She didn't. She liked him and in this world where she remembered so little... her mind drifted to the look Anya had given her... He was one of the things she was sure about. She might not understand those feelings, but they were there. The desire to be kissed, held and touched by the male beside her.

Taking a bite of her food, Amoret made a small sound of pleasure and lifted another bit to Asteria, having also noticed she had yet to eat. "Would you like to try a bite?" There was concern in her eyes as she gazed up at her, even though her voice was light and carefree. Just a friend sharing food with another. Though, she doubted her little 'act' would fool any of the fae.

Emeric gave her a look over as he wanted to tear that dress off of her and caress her body. His eyes took in the dress which he knew was Anya's doing. His cousin was wearing that smirk on her face as she gave a wicked grin to him. Oh yeah, she did it purposely. Even with her bruises, she was beautiful. A warrior was standing in front of him and he knew that this woman was meant to be his mate. His love for life, but he can't very well say that or even bed the woman either. It wouldn't be right. Not when the woman had gone through so much already. Right now, he'll patiently wait for her and show her the wonders of his place especially the art square. He took her hand in his and pressed his lips to her knuckles with his eyes on hers when she took a seat next to him. It pleases him to no end.

"I am so glad that you could join us." He purred to her.

Emeric look over at the human queen and gave her a sheepish look, "Sorry, I didn't mean to forget you."

"Yeah, why did you forget?" Anya purposely asked with that grin on her face as Erielle chimed in, "He got distracted by the newcomer's entrance." Both of them share a wicked look with each other as Emeric only growled at them.

The High Lady of The Spring Court was assessing the woman and her bruises with careful eyes. She didn't say anything at all while giving the woman a soft look while nodding to her in a welcoming gesture. She wasn't entirely sure what to expect from this woman at all. She look like a normal fae woman, but at the same time. Looks can be deceiving. She look around while tilting her head to the side while looking to the human woman next to her. An eyebrow rose up at her eyes glimmer with amusement, but lean forward as she slowly took a bite of the food that was offer to her. Her stomach growled quite loudly as she cover with one arm and a hand over her mouth.

Everyone was trying hard not to say anything or even mention it as their lips were pressed together. Emeric-being Emeric didn't hold back as he gave her a look, "I think you need to eat, Asteria."

She gave him a vulgar gesture as her cheeks were flush from embarrassment as everyone chuckle in an amusing way. Asteria like this environment even if they could be children at times. Things were different now and meeting Emeric's beautiful eyes, she knew that they were going to be all right. The history between them will be rewritten and the past will be the past.

The way he looked at her made Taliesin's mouth go dry and she swallowed hard. There were others looking at her, but her eyes were for Emeric and Emeric alone. She had no idea that she'd been all but served up on a silver platter for the High Lord of the Night Court. She smiled at him shyly as she crossed the room to his side. The brushing of his lips along her knuckles made her stomach tighten. Sitting beside him she leaned to one side, her body angled closer to him. His presence made her feel safe and even though Taliesin knew she wasn't some blushing damsel, knowing he'd keep her safe was pleasing. How she knew either fact she hadn't the foggiest. It was the way he looked at her that made her forget the shadows of bruises on her skin fade. He looked at her as if she was the loveliest thing in the room.

"Sorry to keep everyone from their meal.." Though she'd have kept them waiting longer had they not been distracted in the bath. Her cheeks flushed at the teasing aimed at Emeric. The soft growl made her smile faintly as her eyes moved towards the others at the table. Her eyes moved to the High Lady and the human Queen beside her. The interaction was cute and while others suppressed laughs, Taliesin smiled gently, the care that the younger woman gave to the queen endearing. Looking to her won plate she began to pick at her food, favoring the vegetables. For some reason the meat made her stomach turn. It had nothing to do with the preparation or something such as her own dietary restrictions. There was something shadowy in her mind, a memory she couldn't quite reach that was the cause.

Chucking Amoret went back to eating herself after all eyes had been on her and the High Lady. She didn't mind naturally, her affections for Asteria was nothing to hide or be ashamed of. Around them others began to eat and her eyes moved to the fae who had joined and now sat beside the High Lord. She had been hurt and badly.. if her body was struggling to heal, she could only imagine what she'd been through and for a moment she wondered if it had to do with her own news. Hybern was on the move and had invaded some of their trading partners across the sea. With no one to stop their spread they were clearly on the move and unchecked. It was almost odd that this group was unaware... But it was happening to mortal lands, on another continent. She'd come to see what could be done, if anything. For if their lands fell, it would only be a matter of time before the eyes of the fae turned to their own kind once again.

Back
Top Bottom