Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Prayer for England (Laudanum & ILoveGoatse)

Laudanum

Super-Earth
The killing was the easy part. Proper removal and disposal of the body is quite tricky. But when two hands are working away at it with the right tools, it can be easily accomplished. The limbs were severed from the body, along with the head, with bone-saws. Hauling a body away in one piece was never a good idea, but when one reduced it to pieces, one could easily carry it away in a suitcase or two, specially lined, of course. No one would suspect two upper-class gentleman with luggage to be anything other than travelers.

"It appears we're done here," one of the figures said, pulling off a pair of gloves and an apron and dropping them into one of the suitcases. "And not a minute too soon." A clocktower tolled four o'clock, and the faint traces of sunrise could be seen on the horizon. Phineas Mordaren removed the pince-nez from his nose, wiped it on a handkerchief and stowed it away in a waistcoat pocket. "How exactly are we going to dispose of the, erm.." he paused to tap the suitcase nearest to him with his foot, "remains?"

Adrian was the creative sort of man, which was betrayed by his profession of being one of the many doctors in the city. However, his occupation gave him the perfect ideas of how to dispose of a human, and the most painful points of torture. This experience was invaluable to his hobby of murder, as well as that of his companion's. "I say we drop this off at that hysterical woman's house... Marie, she always complains of all sorts of fake illnesses, we might as well give her something real to whine about for once. The woman demands attention from everyone, and so we might as well make it interesting for her victims for once."

Removing his own blood stained apron, he set it in a basin in an attempt to clean it. "However, with the sun coming up and everyone waking up... this task will have to wait till tomorrow. At least there'll be a strange smell coming from the suitcase by the time she gets it." Running a hand through his dark curled locks he had nonchalantly reached for a ribbon, containing these curls for now. "Her husband, Alfred, he's going to be a pain to deal with. Crying about his wife... he's just as bad as her. We should get them both..."

Picking up one of the suitcases and the attache that held his knives, Phineas shook his head and let out a quiet laugh at the idea. He nodded in approval, being a man of few words, and put the attache under his arm, freeing his right hand to pull a meerschaum pipe from his frock coat. He put the bit between his teeth and lit the remaining dottle with a repeating match.

"Do you suppose the cabs are running yet? It'll seem quite odd to be walking around carrying these." He shifted his pipe to the other side of his mouth and looked out towards the street. Still quite dark, but not for much longer. "Bloody morning jobs," he said to himself.

"Doubt it." He simply replied, looking out one of the small windows of the basement that barely peeked out to the street. It was enough for them to get a small glance outside, but not enough for someone to watch the grisly murders that took place in this building. "I need to get home, I don't have a patient till late... But, I need my rest. They won't think highly of me if I go there with bags under my eyes."

"Are you going to go ahead without me, by the way? And do you want to just keep the suitcases at your home?" It was easy for neither of them to get caught, since no one really went looting through their things. The maids also knew to stay out of rooms they were forbidden from cleaning. After all, no one would miss some housecleaning woman, and no one would go looking for her either.

"My place? I thought.. Well," he tapped his pipe against the heel of his shoe, "Nevermind, I suppose I can take them." He picked up the other suitcase and cleared his throat. "When are we delivering them? I don't know how long I can stand the stink.." Phileas made his way to the stairs and looked back. "If I am to take both, I should be getting back home before it gets too early. I cannot risk any questioning."

He set down the parcels and took off his derby, pushing his hair back with his hand as he put it back on. "Will I be seeing you tonight?"

"Of course you'll see me tonight." He cheerfully chirped, continuing, "Right after we collect someone to come home with us tonight. We'll drop the suitcase off, and then we'll go home with our new found friend... I had a special plan for what to do with them. I'll give you a bit of a hint though, I want them to be male for a very specific reason." Giving his companion a wink, he laughed softly, cleaning up a bit more of the supplies. Adrian just put away a few more things, before walking towards his love, apparently leaving at the same time as he was now.

"I'll take one of the suitcases." He replied, snatching one up, "Here, it'll be a bit easier for you." Kissing the man upon the lips briefly, he smiled.

Phineas let out a soft laugh and the traces of a devilish grin showed on his face. "Now you know that will keep me up all night just trying to figure out what your plan is." With this, he made his way up the stairs and out of the building, into the foggy morning air. He kept running what Adrian had said through his mind. Another male? Perhaps.. No, he shrugged the idea off before it even sprouted.

By the time he'd arrived at home, the sun was already breaking through the overcast night. He, in fact, did not plan on sleeping that morning. He put the kettle on, and debated over orange pekoe or Earl Grey, though his thoughts were already preoccupied. To ease his mind, he took the attache that contained his tools of the trade and cleaned each one with a cloth and gloved hands. It wasn't long until, after much struggle, he succumbed to sleep on the sofa in his parlour. It was safe to leave everything out, he remembered, since his housekeeper was on vacation.

Adrian had merely smiled, knowing that he was perfectly fine with leaving the other in anticipation of what was going to happen. Later, at night he would find out. For now, he just had to have the information dangled above his head. When the other male had left though, it wasn't long before Adrian had followed. He had gone home and rested the moment he arrived. Within a few hours though, he had ended up going off to the appointments he had. The day seemed to drag on forever though, until it was finally evening once more... yet another time he would go with his companion to pluck someone off the streets to kill.

He had actually walked to Phineas' home from his own, knowing they weren't far apart. When he had arrived, he felt himself jittering with excitement, eager for their next kill. He was also eager to share that intimate moment he had planned... Knowing that this new found indulgence would leave them craving for more. Knocking on the door a few times, he had waited with anticipation, adjusting his clothing nervously.

Still quite groggy from oversleeping, Phineas staggered to the door. He caught a glance of himself in a mirror by the door and ran a hand through his hair, hoping it would make him look somewhat presentable. Upon opening the door and seeing Adrian standing there, he perked up as one does after a morning coffee. "Ah, come in! Can I get you anything? Do forgive me for my appearance. I've just woken up." He nearly pulled the other into the parlour and sat him down, sitting next to him. "So, when do I get to know what you have up your sleeve?" His usual smirk showed again as he fixed his eyes upon Adrian's. "It kept me up," he paused and took a deep yawn, "most of the morning, trying to figure it out. I can't say I did though." He picked up a tea cup from that morning and drank what was left. "I should probably get cleaned up a bit, if we're to be going out."

"No, I'm fine without anything. I'm perfectly comfortable right now." Of course he allowed himself to be pulled inside by his eager companion, as he didn't expect any less from him. He always loved to see how excited the other became when he was around, it was always so obvious. When he had sat down, he spoke, "Don't worry about it.. and I suppose I might as well tell you, I think I've kept you in anticipation long enough." However, he paused, enjoying the fact that he knew something that Phineas didn't. It gave him an odd feeling of power to know that he had a secret. "Yes, get cleaned up... But.. I must tell you my plan."

Yawning softly and politely covering his mouth, he seemed to want to delay his response for just a few moments longer. "I was thinking about picking up a charming young man... someone who's obviously enjoying his splendid youth." Adrian's voice had grown oddly sensual as he continued, "I was thinking about taking him home... to my home... we will invite him to join us in some of our very intimate moments. During this intimate moment though, we shall slowly kill him.. When we finish, he ought to be dead by then." A terribly sinister grin was upon his face as he thought this over, rather excited about this evening's plan.

Phineas crossed the parlour to a great, old roll-top desk covered in a mound of clothing. He dug through the pile and set aside a starched collar, black cravat and a tidy waistcoat. Out of the six bedrooms, study, dining room, and drawing room, he only ever used the parlour and it showed. Tea cups, clothing, layers of pipe dottle on precariously stacked mounds of books, and his bizarre inventions covered most of the room. He buttoned the collar onto his shirt and loosely tied the cravat across his neck, listening to Adrian describe the evening's plans. After he'd buttoned his waistcoat and grabbed an overcoat, he turned to the other and just stared, half in shock. It was going through his mind, which was still processing the information. He took a deep breath, nodded, and his familiar grin showed itself again. He nearly ran back to the sofa in excitement. "Is this decent for the occasion?" He put his arms out and stepped back.

"Darling, you're dressing up to gut a man, not to go to the opera." Chuckling softly, it seemed as though he was rather eager for this evening's events. Getting up off of the couch that he had been lounging on while waiting, he continued, "I'll let you pick, too. I figure the choice will be worth it since you get to make it. Not only that, but I did keep this little surprise a secret from you. You deserve to make a big decision in it." Looking around the room, he spoke once more, "I'm sorry, where are the suitcases? We're going to need those before we get going." Running a hand through his dark locks, he added, "I think we're going to need to drop them off sooner than later. I'm debating on dropping them off before we find our victim, just because the smell might make him suspicious of our intentions. I don't need someone running up and down the streets screaming about what we're doing like some sort of lunatic."

Back
Top Bottom