Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Winter's Bite (CasualVelociraptor x Sylvis, Far Cry 5 x Twilight Crossover)

Eliza glances over towards Kat briefly, she smiled bitterly. "Yah, but I bet you never had to resist the urge to drain someone dry, no?" Her bright red eyes meeting Kat's levely, before she sighs in frustration and a bit of pain too. Eliza had made the mistake of inhaling, which was basically like stabbing her in the throat with a knife. Meanwhile, Jasper had decided to come outside and join them, mostly so he could calm Eliza down, but also, to keep an eye on her. His presence was quite handily announced when his phone rang. "Jasper, we're on our way to the Eagle now. We got some information that may prove handy." The normally taciturn kindred smiled and says. "Of course, I'll see you and Charlie soon Alice." Once the call ends, he slides the device back into his pocket and glances towards Eliza. "If you want something, I have more bags in the back." Motioning her towards the Audi, when Eliza smiles in gratitude and starts moving towards it, he pops the trunk before looking down at the Deputy. "Miss Kat, may I suggest a bit of caution around young Eliza. Frankly, it's a miracle she hasn't killed someone yet." He says this in a soft tone so as not to irritate Eliza. Golden orbs are rather intensely staring into her own eyes.

Back at the Church, after ending the call, Alice hops in the passenger side.
"Ready when you are Charlie." She calls out brightly. In short order they where off, driving through the snow towards the bar on the other side of town. Of course, the whole way there, Alice was attempting to focus on the young newborn and see if she could ferret out any more details of coming events.

Kat was initially confused by Eliza’s question, especially since that was not a direct answer to her question, then blushed as she realized what the teenager meant.

“If you mean what I think you mean...” the Deputy gulped and scratched the back of her head. “Being a lesbian in this town hasn’t exactly been easy. People have been very accepting in general, don’t get me wrong. It’s just...for a long time I had to be careful who I talked to about bein’ interested in them, and how I presented it. You have to be, um- disciplined, in order to protect yourself and the people you care about.”

As Kat drank in Eliza, seeing her unusual red eyes (was that always her color or did she just not notice it before?), and her slightly...strident tone and posture made the older woman nervous and flushed.

She knew she shouldn’t be roaming her eyes over Eliza’s taut, slightly gaunt body, nor should her nipples and pussy be hardening and dampening, respectively, but they did of their own accord. That didn’t change facts, though. For one thing, Kat was in her first real relationship with a woman who adored her. More importantly the eighteen year old girl was seven years her junior, which basically made her a little sister. But something about what Eliza was putting out into the universe drew the officer to her anyway.

“What, around sweet little Lizzy here? I know her; we all do. She couldn’t hurt a fly- right?” Kat then asked as, after noting Jasper’s own unusual eye color, she laid her gloved hands on both the shorter girl’s shoulders and rubbed them while looking into her eyes.

Before Rook could get hypnotized, Charlie arrived and got out of his pickup, Alice and Jasper close behind. On the car ride, Alice’s precognition, while damaged by the trauma she’d suffered at the Battle of Forks a little over seven years ago (December 31st, 2012) so that she couldn’t predict events as precisely as she used to, had given her insight into the inevitable bloodshed. The possibility that anyone and everyone could die before this ordeal was over, before Eliza’s fate was decided.

And the emergence of a masked figure from the shadows.

With that, Kat exclaimed, “Ah, Deputy Swan! I’m glad you found some new friends, but what’s this about information? Is something going on that I should be aware of?”

Charlie grinned a little, since Kat didn’t know just how not new his friends were, but then he turned his attention to her query.

“Yes there is, Deputy Alexeev. You see, myself, Alice, and Jasper have been looking into the events of last night. We talked to Father Jeffries, and it appears that the folks who tore the station apart looking for Eliza belong to an organization called the Church of Lazarus, run by one Joseph Seed. We’re trying to find out what they’re up to and why.”

“Have you let Whitehorse and Pratt in on this?”

“Not yet, but I will. First things first, though. Eliza’s staying with me at night, and Alice and Jasper have promised to help me keep an eye on her.”

“I don’t really know either of them, but if you trust them, then I do as well.”

“Great. So...um...how to say this? Can you help look after her during the day?”

“Well, you know what? Nick and I did just lose Bud, our best mechanic, to retirement. Eliza didn’t have any experience last I checked, and it doesn’t stand to reason that she’s gained any, but I’ll make sure Nick and I teach her what we know about flying. That is, if you’re interested, Liza,” Deputy concluded.

Last edited:
Eliza tilted her head as she heard Kat’s response. Feeling the woman rubbing at her shoulders, and the way she was looking into her crimson orbs made her distinctly uncomfortable. Errr… there was a disconnect here. She looked towards Jasper, uncertain how to respond. For her part, life had been hard enough and bare enough the last few years that her sexual urges where basically nonexistent. She had no idea what her orientation was, mainly because she just wasn’t interested. Eliza frowns before continuing towards the car. Grabbing a bag of blood, she drains it dry in three large gulps, before sighing in relief. Putting the drained bag into a trash bag, she closed the trunk before returning to them.

Jasper looked towards Eliza, then back to Kat and says.
“Trust me, young ones aren’t as controlled as older ones are.” Then Eliza was returning, to which he smiled, “Feeling better?” The response was a short nod. Then his face smooths back into neutrality. “Good.” As Alice and Charlie arrived, he walked smoothly over to the love of his life and gave her a tight hug, before turning to watch and listen.

Alice chuckles softly as she listens to them all talk, she glances between the other two vampires and Charlie, like they where sharing a private joke, before returning her golden gaze to the woman sitting on the ground. She watched as Eliza lingered uncertainly between the group, apparently unsure which group to join.
“Oh relax Eliza, she wont bite. Right Deputy?” Glancing to the charming woman that was blissfully unaware of the true situation.

Eliza looks surprised, taking Alice’s words as encouragement though, she walks over and sits about a foot from Kat. Tilting her head as they discuss what will happen with her.
“But.. I don’t know all that much about cars..” She says worriedly. It’s obvious that her previous insecurity in mortality was going to be an ongoing issue in immortality as well.

Kat didn’t entirely know what Jasper was talking about (or even close to it), but that was an odd turn of phrase; she also raised an eyebrow as Eliza ducked behind the truck’s trunk life for some reason. There was definitely something unspoken, that was for damn sure. Even Charlie seemed more tense than even his high strung nature would normally allow for.

All that she knew for right now was that a woman who had clearly been through a lot needed her help and was trying to be a shrinking violet again. She then offered her hand to Eliza in order to lead her to the car and consequently the airfield. “Right, I promise I won’t overwhelm you, Lizzy. Just have you help me around the shop with some little things, and then work your way up until you’re cleaning and replacing Cessna plane engines and flying in no time. So what do you say? Do you want the job?”

Eliza glanced back at the others. But they just smiled and waved her along. She sighs and shrugs before trailing after Kat nervously. The officer might note that her skin was rather chilled, it had almost a marble like quality about it. She also tilted her head and looks confused. "Wait, aren't those planes?" She bite her lower lip. Heights were not her friend... though perhaps by now they wouldn't be an issue anymore, after all, she was immortal! At last she says. "Um.. I guess? If you think I wont break anything." She shot a desperate look behind her before being lead off away from the other three.

"Ah to be young again." Alice breathes with a soft smile, she tucks her spikey hair into Jasper's shoulder before eyeing charlie. "So, where to next Charlie?" She quips brightly. They were all chattering away as Kat and Eliza drive off into the snow covered town.

“I’m going to meet with Sheriff Whitehorse and Deputy Pratt, and then we’re going to explain the situation to them...very carefully. They’ll help us figure out how to track down the cult while also keeping a lid on this so that only those who need to know do. That includes Deputy Alexeev...” Charlie said. She was a good kid, but he still wasn’t sure how she’d react.

Meanwhile, Kat gulped as they drove quietly in her squad car past some snow plows that were clearing the roads. Unsure of how to approach everything, Ms. Alexeev cleared her throat and asked, “Is...uh, is everything alright with you? I’m not asking for details. You’ve just been through a lot and that would make anybody- rattled.”

Eliza darted a look towards Kat for a moment, before she looks straight ahead and says in a carefully flat voice. "I'm alive aren't I?" Not technically true, but it got the sentiment across. "I'm puzzled, how do you fly in the middle of a snow storm? You wouldn't be able to see anything!" She exclaims. It's rather apparent she is attempting to change the subject. She still wasn't all that old, and her tricks where probably easily apparent to a grown up, specifically a police officer.

Alice and Jasper nodded, before heading for the Audi.
"We'll meet you back at the station then?" Alice quips cheerfully. Knowing that Charlie wasn't a social butterfly she liked to give him room when possible. That, and she needed to discuss certain things with Jasper so they could make decisions moving forwards. Just what was that shadowy figure anyway? Yes, they had stuff to think about. If Charlie had nothing else to say they would get in and set off at a rather sedate pace, for them, towards the station.

Charlie briefly nodded and that was the end of that, as he went back into his truck and took off toward the station. Meanwhile, Kat knew that Eliza was trying to hide something, but didn’t want to pressure the scared young woman any more than what she was already feeling. So she explained:

“Well, while we wait, we still need to perform maintenance make sure our planes are in tip top shape, so they don’t break in mid air, maybe play a little something if we’re still stuck. Better to bite something like that in the bud before it becomes a real problem, my papa always said. Anyway, despite the county’s efforts, the roads will still be a bit of a mess even after the storm clears up, especially in the Whitetail Mountains where most of them are dirt trails, which aren’t great in the best of circumstances.

“So people will need to get home, they’ll need to have medical supplies delivered, things like that, and they’ll come to us to make sure it happens. Myself and Drubman Marina (where my girlfriend Rajni flies a helicopter and her boss Adelaide drives boats, at least if the Henbane River isn’t frozen over) will be essential in keeping the lifeblood of Hope County flowing, if you get my meaning.”

Gives a shy smile towards Kat as she chuckles at the unintended pun. She hums under her breath and says. "Oh, well ok, but don't say I didn't warn you, I don't know anything about fixing vehicles. Ground, or air varieties!" Eliza turns to look out at the passing snow and searches around to make sure no one is sneaking up on them. Vampires were fast after all. Funnily enough, the whole time they had been wandering around, she hadn't been wearing a coat or anything, and yet Eliza wasn't shivering or anything like that. Rather curious that!

"Oh! So you do like air drops and stuff! Thats cool. Though... aren't cessna's those small little one engine affairs? Wouldn't supplies weigh you down alot?" Eliza looks back towards the deputy and engages abruptly, something caught her attention there perhaps. Or maybe she decided it was safe? Either way...

When they got to the station, Jasper and Alice hopped out and headed towards the front door, though they did look at the hole in the front window and shake their heads.
"Isn't that stuff bullet proof?" Alice murmurs to Jasper. Apparently it wasn't vampire proof!

When Alice and Jasper arrived at the Hope County Sheriff’s Office, they also found a heavily contemplative Sheriff slouched over in his chair and slumped over his desk while Deputy Pratt was stomping around the room in a rage and Charlie was standing between them.

“You knew that there were bloodsucking vampires in our midst all this time, you didn’t tell us, and now you expect us to believe that some of these monsters don’t want to kill us?!” the hotheaded young man fumed.

“It...certainly doesn’t look great when you put it like that,” the Sheriff sighed and massaged his brow with his free hand.

“I’m coming to you now, aren’t I?” Charlie asked. “Look, I’ve been around these two people for close to a decade now, and if we’re going to beat the Church before they can enact whatever plan they have going, we’re going to need all the allies we can get.”

“Oh, great. Next you’ll be saying we need to recruit the mangy werewolves. I say we put em all down now before they have a chance.”

Staci,” Charlie said firmly, like a disappointed father. “Trust me, if they wanted you dead, you’d be dead. And besides, why don’t you tell Alice and Jasper that to their faces? They’re right here!”

Staci (who hated being called that, since he’d been teased for a long time for having a “girl’s name”) jumped and raised his shotgun, but Charlie forced the barrel of the gun down.

“Put that away, kid. Even if they were dangerous, a gun would only slow them down. What you need is this.” With that, Charlie pulled out his secret weapon- the Sword of the 47 Ronin, an ancient vampire killing relic given to him by the last living samurai on his quest for enlightenment and revenge after Bella’s death. “Vampires can only be killed by dismembering or otherwise obliterating their heads and limbs- and burning doesn’t hurt either. But if you really think you’re so tough, you take this sword and you cut that innocent woman’s head off in front of her husband.”

Staci took the sword and placed the blade against Alice’s neck, but his hand was trembling mightily. Then he dropped the sword on the ground and Charlie said with a glare, “That’s what I thought. Don’t ever threaten my friends again, unless you’re prepared to follow through.”

“Apologies for the...that,” Sheriff Whitehorse stammered. “Pleasure to meet you, Alice and Jasper,” he said, tipping his hat.

Kat rose a brow at that and started mentally preparing to get at the truth, but only briefly offered to give Eliza her coat. When that was rejected, she replied, “The Cessnas are lighter, true, but those are more for passengers. The carrying weight of our Piper PA18 Super Cubs, on the other hand, is 1,750 pounds. Those can carry an entire week’s worth of medicine, food donations, clothes, gasoline, and other necessities. And don’t worry...like I keep saying, silly goose, you’ll learn how to fix them from me. If everybody knew everything, life would be boring because there would be nothing to discover. So relax! I’ll always be here to teach you.”

Alice bounces into the station dragging jasper behind with a grin. However, as the lovely spikey haired woman notes what is occurring, and as Jasper notes the emotions in the room, they both gain a wary look. When the man attempts to place a sword to Alice’s neck, Jasper nearly snaps his neck, however, Alice laid a calming hand on his arm, then she looks down the blade near her skin with a smile and says in a sparkling tone. “Why Charlie, I didn’t know your friends knew how to handle swords.” As the blade is lowered, she chuckles and then leans into jasper. As her mate wraps her into a hug, she smiles faintly. Meanwhile, Jasper is about ready to take someone’s head off, which of course, is why Alice forced him to hug her!

Eliza looks puzzled at the offer of a coat.
“I’m fine, I’m not cold.” She says quietly. Tilting her head as the additional information is provided, the young vampire gains a pensive look. “Your job must be pretty exciting then. If you are flying a plane full of supplies in snowy weather.” Eliza tucks her hands under her arms and peers outside, mentally shutting down for now after all the talking. It had been a while since she talked so much as she had in the last day or so. It was exhausting!

“They clearly need more practice,” Charlie said. “Perhaps someone will be better suited to wielding it.” That someone, he figured, might be Kat and Staci knew it and flared his nostrils.

While Staci grumbled about that, Charlie asked Alice, “Why don’t you explain to my colleagues here who you both are and where we need to look for this...coven I believe you’d call it?”

He figured that he’d talked enough, and like Lizzy was exhausted by it. Besides, if Alice could demonstrate her rationality (and if anybody could, it would be Alice), perhaps the other two officers would lower their guard.

Meanwhile, Ekaterina said, “I suppose it is important. Just like my side hustle as a cop is important. But ever since Bud retired and Nick got his wife Kim pregnant and has to rush off sometimes to take care of their little bundle to be, it gets to be rather lonesome sometimes too.” Then the airfield at Pavel & Daughter came into view, blanketed by snow. “You can stay in the car as long as you like, and join me when you’re ready,” Kat said with a reassuring pat on her new employee’s back.

Alice tilts her head and then smiles at Charlie. She bounces slightly in Jasper's arms before saying cheerfully. "I'm Alice, this is my mate Jasper. Jasper was born before the civil war, and turned during it, as for me, we never really figured out where or when I came from. We heard a rumor that perhaps I had been in an asylum for 'visions' as a mortal, but we never got independent verification. Either way, that's Immaterial. Jasper and I have been together for decades." She then points to her eyes and smiles. "There are two varieties of vampires. 'vegetarians' and normal vampires. Normal vampires have bright red eyes, and 'vegetarians' have yellow. We need blood to survive. Human blood is the tastiest, but if you don't want to constantly murder people, animal blood makes a less tasty, but viable alternative. Anyway... this coven is growing larger. I'm rather surprised you haven't been flooded with reports of missing persons, or been finding corpses strangely drained of blood. That's typically how we tell where a new coven is growing. More established covens are more discrete, and harder to track down."

As for Eliza, she sat there in silence for a few minutes looking at the barren field before shrugging and getting out.
"It's just dirt?" She says in confusion, once she reaches Kat again. Eliza moves into the hangar area and looks around. She was abruptly glad she was immortal, and impervious to the elements, as this place didn't look very warm.

“Well, this has been quite the history lesson,” Eli chuckled as Staci fumed and Charlie was being...Charlie, as usual. “We haven’t been getting an unusual amount of missing persons reports lately. Then again, we’ve been stretched thin by budget cuts lately, especially with Kat and Staci unable to work here full time, and we’re having to cover a lot of ground. That means, if people are going missing in large numbers, it’s most likely in more remote areas of Hope County. You said this cult might be in the Whitetail Mountains, right Charlie?”

After Charlie nodded, the Sheriff continued, “If people are bein’ kidnapped by this Church, they may not necessarily want the police poking around for fear of retaliation, but now that we know what’s up, let’s do some pokin’ up there. Alice, Jasper, if you’re willin’, I would like very much to formally deputize you. You’ll have the power to read folk- or vampires- their rights, arrest them, and use deadly force if necessary.”

Staci blew his top, yelling, “What? You met these...these cretins ten minutes ago and you’re already making them officers?! Have you lost your mind, old man??”

“Simmer down, son, or it’s a day’s suspension without pay for you!” the Sheriff barked.

“Before we go rushing around, let’s make sure that Kat knows. About...all of it,” Charlie murmured.

“I should’ve known that her parents weren’t mauled by a bear. Maybe then I...” Eli said, reminiscing on the unusual bite marks on the corpses in the autopsy report.

“Don’t do this to yourself. You couldn’t have possibly known. We just will have to be very- careful with our little Rook,” Charlie said. He guessed that that nickname couldn’t really apply to her any more, but he wasn’t about to call Jasper “Rook,” considering that the last time he’d held a formal rank was in the Confederate Army.

“Yeah...for all of my talk about dirt roads elsewhere, maintaining a fleet of five cantankerous old planes is expensive, and we haven’t been able to afford to pave our runway,” Kat replied. “That means that even if it wasn’t snowing right now, our planes’ landing gear would get stuck in the mud and snow before they ever had a chance to take off,” Kat said as she went into one of the hangars and turned on the heat, noting again Eliza’s lack of response to it and checking the girl for frostbite, which may have inadvertently looked like a more...intentional gaze. “So we’re stuck here.”

She then read over a note that Nick Rye had left in the hangar, explaining that he’d stocked the planes with supplies and done initial maintenance, but had to head home before it got dark, the weather took a turn, and Kim sautéed his nuts with a side of fava beans for worrying her. “Figures,” Kat sighed, even though she didn’t blame Nick for getting out before Kim could raise hell. “But at least we’re snowed in together, and we’re stocked with everything we need to deliver for tomorrow.”

Eliza furrows her brow and pokes around briefly before looking up as she hears that they are snowed in together. "If you need anything I can probably go get it. The cold doesn't bother me that much." She shrugs, before walking over towards Kat. "So, how are you planning to deliver supplies tomorrow if the planes are stuck on the runway?" She has this almost smile on her face like she's being cheeky and enjoying it. The young vampire takes a moment before asking. "Is there like.. a shower or anything?" She hadn't had a bath in ages, and her dirty clothes were really starting to annoy. Flicking blonde strands out of her face, Eliza smiles cheerfully at Kat. "I feel like..." She trails off. If she were still alive, her cheeks would probably be burning red now as she notices Kat's lingering attention at last. Looking down and away, she coughs a moment and mutters. "You don't have to pave the runway, a layer of small rocks, with gravel to level them out would probably be good enough for a light-duty runway like this one.

Alice and Jasper stood together, motionless and silent for now while the humans chatted in front of them. The pixie-haired woman looked up and kissed Jasper's chin before offering softly. "If you like we can work in the shadows, it won't be an issue, Charlie." She didn't want to cause friction between their allies. Besides, a badge could just slow them down. Jasper, however, tilts his head at Charlie's offer and inclines his head in mute acceptance. Meanwhile outside, the storm was making a resurgence, that broken window was going to need to be repaired soon, even if it was boarded over now, they would all be able to feel a nice stiff cold wind in the station from the Eliza shaped hole.

Back
Top Bottom