Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Suggestion Something for the discord server

steelsmiter

Dwarf King
So on another site I'm on their chatbox feeds directly into the discord server they maintain. I've been thinking about how a lot of dice rolls are handled... which is that they're not/players are sort of left to their own devices.

So anyway, I found one called Sidekick that's pretty much exclusively for dice rolls, and one called Tatsumaki that's also a social bot that run on discord. I think it would be cool to add one such bot to BMR's discord and have a link to the channel that the dicebot has access to.

As in you want one accessed from the shoutbox? That wouldn't work on its own as bots usually ignore bot messages...

We could make a dice rolling channel if there is interest.

Actually I was thinking the second option, but since we're also talking about shoutboxes, thought the other site had it where their chatbox was bridged to their discord. I don't know how they're doing it. I did have a player make a bot ping my discord when he got a notification for my game on another site, but i have no idea how that would work either.

Would it be possible to have the dicebot in a specific discord channel and have all that discord channel messages go to a specific room on the chatbox here?

Our chat is using the same bridge code that Elliquiy is, it's just only available for staff for the main channels.

I would need to write my own dicebot to have it work over the bridge, however.

I couldn't remember what site I was on that had the chats going to the discord. I did see someone was able to make a bot that when tatsumaki levelled someone up, the bot would link to a Final Fantasy fanfare, so I understand something approaching a bot response is possible. I don't know how they do it though, or to account for variables.

Back
Top Bottom