Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Kid's movies that give you the feels

Degusaurusrex

Supernova
What kid's movies can you still not watching without getting the feels? Near tears, tears, whatever.

Watching Toy Story 3 and that scene in the dump near the end gets me every time.

Fox and the Hound

Iron giant. Every. Damn. Time.

I straight up have not watched Fox and the Hound since I was young because it just ruins me..

All dogs go to heaven too...stop killing animals Disney, what the fuck is wrong with you? If recent ones are allowed then I have watched Coco with Siren at least 3 times and I am sick to death of crying over that amazing movie.

Up!

What the hell, man? I went in fresh to that movie and got my guts ripped out.

She all ...falls down 😭😭

I haven’t watched the little mermaid in forever, it was the first movie I ever saw with my grandma when I was a kid. All dogs go to heaven gets me too especially the first one.

Last edited:
The land before time

Robin Hood

Muppets Treasure Island, really any muppets movie

Maybe not entirely a kids movie, and definitely not a scene most kids'd understand, but in The Last Unicorn when Molly Grue sees the titular unicorn, and laments that she finally sees a unicorn when she's well past her younger years. Damn, as an adult that shit can hit hard.

One of these occurred to me today.

Dumbo. I was describing the scene where his mom pets him with her trunk through the bars of her cage and got all teary.

Who woulda thunk that Disney would be the source of so much emotional pain for me.

I'm surprised no one said this yet but Bambi I have yet to watch that movie and not feel some type of way. That and Lion King gets me.

Disney is made on the tears of children and adults alike. I can't think of many old Disney movies where crying wasn't almost mandatory. Heart wrenching stuff, even Tarzan!

Johnny 5 from the movie short circuit.

Also not technically a movie, but that futurama episode with the dog deserves a mention.

Short Circuit!? Ok, you guys lost me on that one.

However, Seymour, from Futurama, will break through even the toughest shell!

The Little Prince - when my friend first recommended it to me, I was all "pffftt, this cutesy-tootsey kid's movie" and then by the end I keeled sideways with the feels.

If I had to choose a movie that gave me the most feels, it would have to be a tie between The Land Before Time and Toy Story 4 :)

If I had to choose a movie that gave me the most feels, it would have to be a tie between The Land Before Time and Toy Story 4 :)
Love the Land Before Time heh. When i got finished with HS I was able to catch the TV show in the morning lol

This is probably the most difficult topic on the whole of BMR for me. Just about everything that is mentioned here was broadcasted when I was well into adulthood.

Kids movies? Floris and De Vloek van Woeste Wolf.

Early 1970s, Dutch. Oh and one more, Kunt U mij de weg naar Hamelen vertellen, meneer.

Untranslatable, the lot.

Back
Top Bottom