Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Blessed by Chaos (Razgriz x Degusaurusrex)

"No, thank you." Smiling at the waitress, she waved a hand lazily in the air. "I'm quite full, the food was very good." While she was laying on the charm just a bit thickly, she truly meant it. There were always the hidden gems in humanity, whether it be food or inventions. She would never complain about experiencing them at least once just to have the experience. "We can go, I'm a bit eager to get to our final destination, as well." She was patient to wait for him to gather his things and for them to pay before leaving, a slight sway to her walk as they left.

"I will admit that was quite enjoyable." Feeling satisfied with both the meal and the experience, Eris approached the car slowly before waiting for him and then sliding into the seat. There was a bit of tiredness settling in now that her belly was full, and she relaxed in the seat with a yawn. "I'm ready to get all of this driving over with, it gets so dull so fast."

Paying for the meal and leaving a nice tip behind - it wasn't his money after all - he would then go to the car with Eris. Though he did smile when she said it was enjoyable. "See? Nothing wrong with a bit of calm every now and again." he would say to her once they were both in the car. "Well, best get comfortable, we've got a long way ahead of us...Should only be a few more hours." he would reply to her comment about wanting to get the driving over with.

And for once, they agreed; he liked the open road, but sometimes driving for hours on end was a shitshow in terms of where to eat and sleep. But for now, they just had to drive. As they rode along, they would make small talk...And then came the topic of living arrangements.

"Hey, reach into the glove compartment in front would ya? There's a map there" he then asked her; once she did he then said, "Look for one of the first red Xs; it should be near Washington Heights. A little bed and breakfast place that has decent food and several supermarkets nearby. It's an extended stay place, since we're going to be there awhile....And I know you don't like the 'filthy places', but this one's clean...Well, cleaner." he would say, though in his head he was already gearing up for an argument. "And please...Don't fight it. I don't know of any higher-end places, and I certainly don't want us to blow all our cash on rent."

"Calm is for when I'm feeling lazy. Even then, I still like to watch the world burn a little bit." Giving him a cheeky grin, she groaned in a loud and over exaggerated manner when he reminded her how long the drive would be. "Fine, fine." She made a face, opening up the aforementioned compartment and rifling through for the map. Once she'd found and opened it, laughing at the fact that he had a physical map when there was all this new technology, her eyes focused on the red X he was mentioning. A little bed and breakfast? No way were they staying in some small place like that. There had to be something nicer near that location, and she was determined to find it.

"I have plenty of money, that's of little concern. Just drive, and when we get close I'll start pointing out directions." Not the correct ones, but he didn't need to know that. The next time they stopped for something, she had every intention of finding out what the fanciest, most expensive fucking hotel was, and leading him straight there. "I'm going to be starving by the time we get there. It's a good thing I can't get fat, or I'd be huge from all of this unhealthy food you humans eat. You probably only stay in such good shape because of all this running around you do." She glanced over at him, doing absolutely nothing to hide the way she looked him over. "We should probably shower together, hm? To preserve water, or whatever nonsense you all are on about."

There was a good reason Shaun used paper/printed maps: Easier to dump, and impossible to trace. Plus, he was a bit paranoid about putting any sort of technology into his car; in fact, one of his stops when getting this car was getting any nonessential electronics taken out. Anything that could be used to track him he removed it, along with reinforcing the suspension and putting plates in the body to allow it to soak bullets if needed. Couldn't take any explosives, this wasn't a military-grade vehicle after all, but it could take small-arms fire a lot better.

"It's not about the money, it's about staying low." he would say, driving along the highway; he would need to stop at a local mart to get some road food. "Hey, look for a blue circle...It should be off one of the coming exits to St. Louis. It's a local military surplus store; need to stock up on some supplies." She wouldn't understand, but this was one thing he always did: And this particular branch was open late.

*STARS & STRIPES OUTFITTERS. ST, LOUIS, MISSOURI 7:30pm*

It was getting close to closing time, but he would pull into the parking lot and put on a pair of sunglasses. This place was great for finding the harder to find MREs and general military surplus gear. He still had separate cash, and this was one that thing that Eris would come to learn about him: He was meticulous to a fault, having different folders of cash for various expenses. Reaching the parking lot, he put on a pair of sunglasses, saying "Feel free to pick out a jacket if you want; Chicago gets cold, especially now that winter's coming."

He wasn't going to get much, but this would give her the perfect opportunity to ask about that particularly expensive hotel she was wanting to lead him towards. Going inside, he would greet some of the employees, talking with some of the owners. Leaving Eris to her own devices for the moments until he might come to fetch her.

"Whatever." She rolled her eyes, kicking her feet up on the dashboard and leaning back in the seat. "Considering I'm not in any human database and don't get myself locked up, I don't have to worry about that." She paused and made a face. "Okay, there was one time I almost did, but that's because Ker was being a greedy bitch and wanted an excuse to kill more people." Searching out the location he had mentioned, she closed her eyes and relaxed for the duration of that stretch.

"Oh, you don't want to keep me warm yourself?" She opened her eyes as they pulled in, giving him a sly grin before reaching down to pull out some of the money she had brought. "Fine, I'll get one if only to keep you from whining that I'm rubbing my bare skin all over you." For as much as he seemed to complain, she knew that he loved it. Or at least his body did. With a quiet yawn as she brought herself fully back to reality, she was out of the car and sauntering into the store after him. A jacket was a good idea, and after finding a rather nice zip up hoodie, she was making her way up to the counter and bending over perhaps just a little more than necessary.

"I'm looking for a nice hotel to stay at near Washington Heights, I don't suppose you could tell me of any out that way?" She propped her chin in her hand, giving the man a brilliant smile and watching his reaction with hidden glee. Oh, how easy they were at times. While she ever so slowly straightened up to retrieve the money for the hoodie, he was busy listing off different places, scribbling down a couple of addresses to help her out.

"Thanks, darlin'. Keep the change." She winked after paying, tucking the paper with the addresses away for later. They were already stored in her head but she kept them just in case, holding the hoodie in her arms as she looked around for Shaun. Part of her was tempted to hunt him down and rub all over him just for the reaction, but her more logical side argued that it would just make him angry for causing a scene.

While Shaun would go with the owners to do his shopping for the road trip - namely MREs for when he might have to go out on 'extended leave' from his place of stay, the cashier would scribble down some addresses of high-end hotels. He also happened to give her some tips about which ones were super high-end, talking personal mansion levels of decor. Ones that had exceptional amenities.

"Thanks for shopping at Stars & Stripes Outfitters, ma'am. God Bless." he would say; probably an ironic statement given who she was, but with how many devout Christians there were in this region of the US, it was no surprise at all they would say something like that. Regardless, Shaun would come back soon, carrying two 24-packs of MREs with a different kind. "And you're sure the Vomelet isn't in here, right?" Shaun laughed, the owner seeming to chuckle. "I can assure you sir, the Vomelet is not in these cases; no, we save those for the valor thieves and just about anyone who we don't like. But you? I like you."

Shaun just snickered, "Well, I appreciate it" as he would go to get checked out, purchasing that, a sizable canister of Coffee Instant Type 3, a new thermos, some snacks like chips and jerky and a hat that just has the American Eagle with "Semper Fi" written below the bird of American ideology. Taking his stuff, he would then go to Eris, "Good to see you behaving. Shall we? We got a few more hours to go." The owner just laughed, "Don't see why you wanna go to Chicago; that's a damn city o' savages." Shaun could only smile, "I fought in the Middle East; savages are where I thrive."

After getting it all loaded up, he and Eris would be off. "Alright, that'll be the last stop until Chicago. Now, could you tell me where to go? I just need to be guided in the general direction." Of course, little did he know what the chaos goddess had in store for him.

"Oh good, you're getting coffee!" She beamed at the sight of it, nodding her head enthusiastically. "Yes, no spilling coffee on anyone, no causing chaos." She rolled her eyes, bumping into his shoulder as they got back into the car. "I'm not my sister, I don't always try to start trouble. Even some of her antics are too much for me." Such as tearing out a heart and threatening to eat it. That was definitely too much for even a goddess of chaos.

"Oh, right, we're going, uh.." How did she combine what she'd been told with actual directions on the map? It took her a moment to figure it out before she began to rattle off directions to the place she wanted to go, keeping a pleasant expression the entire time before folding the map back up. What he didn't know wasn't going to kill him, and she was certainly going to enjoy it. Jacuzzi tub and room service, here I come!

Her mood was significantly better as they continued their drive, body draped lazily in the seat as she sat mostly in silence. Silence that he was likely enjoying considering how much she normally taunted him. Oh, she would taunt him, but not until they were safely in a much nicer place than where he had initially planned. Then all bets were off.

Shaun had no clue what the goddess was planning; much as he tried to plan, there were just some areas he didn't know as he hadn't been there. He'd done some early surveying of areas that could provide good hideouts. He had supply caches buried in various places, just in case things got too crazy and he had to really go off the grid. And while he hadn't had to do that just yet, it never hurt to be prepared.

**HIGH-FLIGHT LUXURY HOTEL. WASHINGTON HEIGHTS, ILLINOIS 11:49PM**

He drove and drove, taking the appropriate exit; though instead of heading to the place he thought was a simple bed and breakfast he was soon met with a rather expensive looking apartment complex. "The hell is this..." Shaun muttered, pulling into the parking lot; rubbing his eyes, he just groaned, "Are you sure this was the right way? This doesn't look anythin...." It was here that his tired brain put two and two together.

"You did this on purpose..." he said, leaning back in his seat as he rubbed his face; the sign did say "STAY AS LONG AS YOU LIKE! SPEAK WITH AN ASSOCIATE ABOUT MONTHLY RATES!" He just sighed. "Well, we're here....Now what?" he then asked her.

"Oh, it's the right way." Eris looked positively smug in her seat, like the cat who'd finally eaten the canary after a long chase. To be fair, it had been a rather long drive, and she felt that she deserved some luxury after it. He did too, as much as he refused to admit it. It was already late, already dark, and she was thankful that for once, he didn't argue with her. Didn't even yell, which just showed how tired he was.

"Of course I did it on purpose." She scoffed, leaning down to gather her bag. "We go inside and I pay whoever is at the desk, and we get ourselves a nice room and clean off. That's what we do. Zeus almighty you are frustrating sometimes. Come on! I'll even do my best not to shove my tits in your face or anything. No promises though." She was already opening the car door by the time the last word was out of her mouth, dancing around to his side to yank the door open and pull at him. "Come onnnn, when's the last time you got to enjoy a night place like this? You don't even have to pay for anything!"

Shaun just groaned as Eris made her case; he was not pleased with this. Driving over half a day nearly non-stop made him cranky, but mostly was just exhausted. "Yeah yeah...Fine..." he would say; he'd still need to lug his crap indoors. Guns, MREs, ammo, clothes..Everything he'd collected.

2531655-luxury-resort-hotel-lobby-lounge-waiting-area-and-conference-center.jpg

He had his go-bag with all his clothes in the back seat; he also had his guns, MREs and to still bring in too. No way he was leaving them in his car, not around a hotel like this. Which meant he would have to spend some time moving things. If he knew anything about Eris, it was that she was not going to be keen on them leaving this place. Which meant he would need to get it all to wherever they were about to stay.

The night attendant would be on duty, a short black-haired lady in a professional blue suit and her long locks done up in a professional bun, seeming quite chipper as she would see the elegant form of Eris approach the counter. "Welcome, sir and ma'am, to the High-Flight! How long will you be staying?" she would ask, Shaun replying, "Not sure...How long can we stay?" The woman smiled, "Longest period we have is a year, paid monthly. You're free to renew after the period is over though; and while you won't be tenants in the traditional sense, you'll be happy to know that we offer complimentary cleaning services during your stay."

Shaun let out a long sigh, "So....What do we do if we want to stay a year?" The lady responded, "We have a standard signer, though I will have to ask for your ID." Shaun just said, "Sure." Of course, he had a fake ID, but one that he had professionally done. "Excellent, sir....And how will you be paying?" It was here that he looked to Eris, "Mind taking care of this?"

"That's what I thought." Displaying that rather smug look again she grinned, waiting impatiently for him to gather up his things. Or at least enough of them that they could get checked in. She was nearly skipping as they reached the door, composing herself only as they got inside and made their way up to the counter. Not that she cared what others thought of her, but it would keep Shaun from yelling at her again.

"Oh, they do yearly? Wonderful." Not that they would likely be there that long, but it was good to know they would let them stay so long. Eris let Shaun do most of the talking until it came to payment, and she was already holding a thick stack of bills in her hands. "Yeah yeah, how much?" Waiting for the appropriate answer, she thumbed through the bills without batting an eyelash. It was just money, after all.

"He's my sugar baby." She winked at the lady as she handed over the money, unable to resist from teasing him at least a little. "Only the best for my lover." Leaning in to brush her lips over his cheek, she paused with them just beside his ear. "Payback for that side of the road bullshit." By the time she pulled her head back she was grinning again, smoothing out her clothing and clapping her hands together. "So! A room with a view would be wonderful, if we could. I do adore being able to look outside and see the stars!"

"Room with a view? Allow me to see if we have a place available...Now let's see....Ah, I do believe we have a room on the top floor that's available, right on the corner." the desk clerk would say, adding "And you seem like a woman with high tastes, so do let us know if there's anything we can do to improve your room."

The High-Flight was rather strange in its regards; most place required a credit card to hold a place for a long time, but cash was more than welcome here, even though it was preferred to pay with a check. "While I'm happy to accept cash for this transaction, we ask that long-stay tenants pay with either a check or credit card. Your balance will be 3500 dollars every month, due on the first. I will consider this month paid...Now if I could have you both sign here on this signer..."

The man gave her a sour look as she called him her 'sugar baby', flinching as she kissed his cheek faintly. That was fair he guessed; the duo would go through the signer. Non-smoking agreements, pet disclaimers, general terms to agree to the monthly rate. Once that was done, Shaun would say, "So...Can we go up?" The desk clerk smiled and pulled out a set of keys, "We have underground parking that's key-card entry only. You can move your vehicle down there if you like; there's an elevator too that leads up to the apartments, for any moving of goods."

Shaun gave Eris a look, as if to say "How did you find this place?" before taking the underground garage key, "Go on up; I'm going to move the car." And with that, Eris would be allowed to go up, Shaun going back out the front to take the car down to someplace more secure.

And boy oh boy was the room something! A comfortable sectional sofa in a lavish living room, a full kitchen with stove and refrigerator, 1 bedroom with a soft kingsize bed, and the bathroom! It had a full bay shower with glass panels, a raincloud-style showerhead that would make someone feel like they could dance in the rain all in the comfort of their own home, and a full-on Jacuzzi tub with jets and a selection of expensive-looking soaps to. They would have to go grocery shopping tomorrow most likely, but for tonight they could wind down and relax, even if it was just after midnight.

Shaun came back up with a full-load; luckily, the elevator to the garage seemed to be close to their new home. Though when he came in, he just gave a whistle, "So...This is what the 1% experience. No wonder sleazebags fight so hard to keep it." He had several gun cases, dumping them in the bedroom; he'd put them away once everything was out of the car. He could leave the MREs in the car, but he would have to take the bags of clothes and ammo next. By 12:30am he managed to get everything into the room that was absolutely necessary before collapsing on the bed. "Fucking hell...I'm tired..." he breathed, nestling into the bed.

"Yes dear, I'll see you up there." Winking and blowing him a kiss as she took her own key, Eris was already bounding away in excitement. It wasn't often that she stayed in the human realm for extended periods of time, and when she did, she did it in style. This was definitely style, a loud noise of glee leaving her lips the moment that she stepped into the room. Oh, Shaun was going to lose his mind, but in the meantime, she would lose hers.

Her bag landed on the bed as she flitted around, shoes already gone as she inspected the place room by room. For what the monthly price was, it was well worth it, at least from what she understood of human currency. And the tub, oh how she was so excited to use the tub. If he didn't use it then it just meant more for her, but somehow she expected that he would use it before the week was over.

"See! I know what I'm doing!" Still sounding as smug as before as he finally came into the room, she was unpacking her bag as he went in and out getting all of his necessities inside. "Oh, you're not even going to try out the tub tonight? You humans really are boring." She groaned loudly, working a brush through her hair and watching the lump that was Shaun collapse onto the bed.

"Fine, then get naked and move over so we can sleep. Or keep your clothes on, whatever, I don't care." The brush was set on top of her bag as she stripped down on the spot, mercifully leaving her underwear on before she went straight to his bag and pulled out a shirt. "But I'm stealing one of these. I'll buy you more, if you're so insistent on not wearing them after I have." Picky bastard. "Gonna let me cuddle you for warmth tonight, killer?"

"We just drove for damn near 12 hours, almost non-stop; so yeah, I'm exhausted." he said tiredly; sitting up, he at least removed his shoes and his pants and shirt, leaving him in just his underwear and socks. The bed was soft as fuck; all that commercial shit about sleeping on a cloud was this here. "Alright...Fine, I'll give you this one. Coming here was a good idea..." he said, not even giving her shit about his shirt. Whatever, he thought; it wasn't like it fit her anyway.

"Yeah yeah...Do what you want...." he yawned, passing out almost immediately as she might cuddle up to him. Her warmth against his side as he drifted off to sleep, his dreams not coming this night. A first of that in a long while.

+========================================================================================================================+

*JUNE 9, 2004. HIGH-FLIGHT LUXURY HOTEL. WASHINGTON HEIGHTS, IL. 9:13am*

The next morning, Shawn seemed to stir awake, giving a stretch as he felt someone by his side. He turned his head, seeing his arm around Eris as she laid nestled in his side, his arm even around her as he laid on his back beneath the warm and thick blanket; and weirdly? He didn't seem that bothered by it. Not that he should; he recalled agreeing to it quite succinctly. Laying back on the bed, he stared at the immaculate ceiling and looked around at the walls; he was so used to sleeping in a garbage motel room that the sterling paint job was actually a bit of a shock to his system. It was so pristine and clean....Just like when he was back at boot camp.

"Morning..." he would say, just laying there; well fuck, part of him now didn't want to get out of bed. "This was the other reason I didn't want to stay here...Too damn comfortable." he would mutter lowly.

"Shut up and go to sleep." Laughing in delight as she burrowed under the covers and up aside his side, Eris nearly purred in delight at the feeling. It was warm, it was comfortable, and she would get to enjoy that wonderful tub tomorrow. The combination of everything made it incredibly easy to fall asleep, and when she woke it was a bit unhappily. Who dared to disturb her comfort? Ah, the man at her side who was partially wrapped around her, and an eye opened as she grumbled unhappily.

"It is very comfortable." Readily agreeing as she stretched out and rolled, Eris draped herself less than gracefully over him like a cat. "And we have the tub to try out today after we get some food. Oh, I'm starving. I bet they have some amazing coffee here, too. Much better than gas station stuff." Caffeine was caffeine, in the end, but if they were going to be living in style, that would include coffee.

"Wake that sexy ass of yours up!" Nibbling at his shoulder before rolling off and out from under the covers, she was on her feet with a loud yawn and slow stretch. "Up and at 'em!" Yanking the blanket off of him with a giggle before prancing around the room, she tugged off his shirt she was wearing before bending down to dig around in her bag. "Or are you going straight to doing your boring work so there's more blood to spill?" Either sounded good, so long as she eventually got that tub. "Maybe I'll go out and explore at some point, since I can just poof myself back here."

Shaun grunted as she tore the covers off of him; in a way he was thankful though, he did need a motivation to actually get out of this bed. And for the first time...He felt like his back wasn't wrenched in four different directions. It supported him well, and let him sleep soundly. Of course, having Eris to share it with weirdly gave him a sense of security; even if he couldn't fully trust her still, she at least seemed to care enough to not get him arrested.

She would find a high-end coffeemaker was in the room along with premium; there was also a fully-stocked mini-fridge with little but very pricey bits of snack foods and bottles of alcohol for their consumption. All of which would be charged to their room if they ate them.

"Do what you like; not like I can stop you. I'm probably going to go food shopping first, then start doing some surveying...You know, the 'boring' work." he would say, giving a slight roll of his eyes. "Unfortunately, it's a hazard of the job. Need to find out who the big players are, narrow down the shittiest areas." Going to the closet still in his underwear, he pulled out a bag and started to go through it, grabbing his Beretta and its holster as he continued, "There was a term for that in the military: Target-rich environment. That's what I look for."

Getting dressed in a fresh set of clothes from another bag, he then said, "So...Wanna go get a bite to eat? I'm sure we can find something."

"Yeah, yeah, boring stuff." She rolled her eyes. Even though it was necessary and she would reap the benefits eventually, it didn't make it any less boring for her. "Sure, we can go out and eat. They'd better have coffee wherever we go, because I'm too lazy to make it here." Even though it was literally in their suite, and everything was within walking distance. "I think I could go for some espresso. It tastes like shit, but it's funny to watch how hyper it makes you humans. Gives me a bit of a buzz, honestly." Too bad it didn't last terribly long, as least not in small doses.

"I just need to finish getting dressed." What did she wear that was both comfortable and would tease him a bit? A pair of snug black jeans looked like they would work, and once she'd wiggled into those she put on a bra and an equally snug T-shirt before going for some socks and shoes. "Maybe I'll just go explore when you do the boring shit, see what kind of chaos I can stir up." There had to be something she could do, it was just a matter of how angry he would get when she did it. With a laugh as she grabbed her wallet and stuffed it into her pocket, the shoes went on and she grinned. "Onward to coffee!"

"It's America, Eris. We practically live off it, especially in the Midwest." he would tell her, finishing getting dressed himself. A plain black-shirt and a pair of cargo pants, along with his traditional boots, a few listening bugs in his pocket to slip into the pockets of others. He had a few places to check out, but he wouldn't be doing anything major for some time, at least not until he had a better idea of what the crime situation was like. He'd need to read newspapers regarding any trials, try to listen in on conversations.

"And try not to do too much alright? We just got here." he would say, leading them out of the apartment and after making doubly sure the door was locked, he then led them down to the garage in the elevator and after getting situated, drove off. To think he was living like this; even if it was just one day he still couldn't believe Eris led him here. How did she know where this place even was?

Regardless, soon the pair arrived at Mel's Breakfast, a little hole-in-the-wall that already had a decent sized crowd. He would find them two spots at the counter, a server bringing them water and pouring them coffee. Thankfully the talking volume was low, so Shaun just asked her with a slight smirk, "Have any ideas where you're headed? Just so I know where to come bail your ass out of the fire if you get into trouble."

"Well I don't know!" Giving him an exasperated look as he dressed, Eris rolled her eyes and stuck out her tongue childishly. "I don't usually spend so much time in your world, but I've been so bored and you're just so fascinating compared to other mortals." Enough that she'd put herself further into things than she should have, enough that her family was calling it an obsession and chastising her for it. They could all go fuck themselves though, she was an adult and after millennia she was more than capable of taking care of herself.

"You know when you tell me not to do something it just makes me want to do it even more!" Childish, yes, but she couldn't help herself. She was chaos in a body, untamed, and he wanted her to calm down her antics? Still rolling her eyes as they made it down to the car and took off in search of their breakfast she got comfortable in the seat, glancing over at him occasionally throughout the drive.

"Oh, thank Zeus we can get some coffee!" She'd scampered out of the car the moment it was off and her door was open, nearly barging into the building in search of her beloved caffeine. One of humanity's better inventions, definitely. "You won't need to bail me out, idiot." Sipping on the coffee and kicking at his leg with her foot Eris glared at him. "I'm the one who saved your ass from being locked up!" Even if she had also been the reason he'd almost gotten arrested in the first place. "I'll probably just explore a bit. Maybe do some shopping, see if I can find some clothes that I like. Although we both know they look better on the floor."

Shaun shouldn't have been surprised that she would give some kind of excuse, taking a sip out of his coffee as he would wait for the waitstaff to bring them menus. Granted, he was going to get the same thing essentially: Eggs, some form of meat, a glass of orange juice and toast. "Well, if you plan on sticking around, you should try learning to blend in yeah? Make yourself less noticeable." he would reply, knowing his words would fall on deaf ears. She was a firecracker, a spark that refused to be extinguished.

Rolling his eyes as she mentioned it just made her want to do bad things more, he just muttered, "Yeah yeah, I get it...Chaos and all that jazz." He didn't bring up her little comment; she already knew damn well what he thought of her appearance. It was her personality that needed fixing...Though even that was too much of a strong word. Just..toning it down. Reading the room. Not everyone liked big explosions, and he didn't either. Drew too much attention as it was.

Regardless, they would be given menus, Shawn then asking one of the kitchen crew after their orders were taken, "Hey, do you guys happen to have the paper here?" The older man - an elderly fellow with silver hair dressed in an apron and wearing a Cubs hat, likely one of the owners - just smiled and said, "Sure do. Afraid we have to charge folks a buck; people keep leaving strewn about or taking them. Sorry if it troubles ya." Pulling out a fiver, Shawn just said as he handed it to the man, "No trouble at all. Always love supporting the little places like this." The elderly man handed Shaun his paper, Shawn immediately folding it over to be able to be read.

"Lake County Rapist still on the loose."
"20 dead in gang shooting."
"Trial of Rose Waterson reaches Day 3. Waterson accused of drowning kids after killing husband."

That last one especially caught his eye; granted he would need more information, but it seemed like this woman was a piece of work the more he read, Eris able to clearly see the article if she so chose. From the article, the evidence was circumstantial, but it seemed to indicate she had murdered her husband for his estate, then her kids suffered an accident in their backyard pool. His fingers crinkled the edges of the paper a bit; he really didn't want to jump to any conclusions, but anything involving kids getting hurt made his blood boil.

Adults....Yeah, shouldn't fuck with them in any scenario but they were adults...Kids were young, impressionable. Innocent. If this woman was even remotely guilty? Shaun already several things in mind about what he planned on doing to her if he ever got his hands on her.

Less noticeable, as if. Deities stuck out one way or the other. They simply had an allure to them that beckoned to humans, drew them in like a moth waiting to be incinerated by the flame. She laughed as the menus arrived and they'd made their orders, content with the hot cup of coffee in her hand as Shawn interacted with one of the crew. Reading the paper, how old school. So many things about him were old school in an attempt to hide himself from society better. Smart, but boring.

"You humans and your weird ways of violence. I don't understand the need to kill one's own spawn," She paused, looking thoughtful and drank more of her coffee, "Well, not as infants, anyway. All bets are off once they've become adults and know wrong from right." Innocent children being murdered like that didn't bring her any joy. If anything it made her feel a bit sick, but her expression betrayed nothing as she leaned back and finished off the coffee.

"That might be worth checking out. I'm so bored, and it's always the men that I end up seeing. It would be a nice change to peek into the chaos of a woman's life and mind for once." Even if it was untrue, it would give her something to do. "Or maybe not, maybe there are more interesting things to do around here." All she had to do was walk around and see what the different options were, and she actually did want to go shopping. Humans had such fascinating things, from their fashion to the little trinkets they made and sold for heavily overmarked prices.

"Whatever will you do without my company?" She gave him a lazy smile, tapping her nails on the tabletop and nudging his leg under the table. "For as annoying as you say I am, I think you'll miss having me around." She glanced down at her chest briefly. "Or at least having those around."

Back
Top Bottom