Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Question About The Very First Step into RolePlay

Veezly

Withdrawn
Withdrawn
Of no importance, but a task to do, and for fun.
For the fun of it, with nothing to lose.
Where you nervous the first time you wrote a reply to or in a roleplay forum, chat, or letter?
Taking that very first step.

I think I was nervous, a little, at least. Although that feeling quickly vanished and hasn't come back since.

My very first time was when an internet friend suggested it as she knew I liked to write. So while we were chatting on MSN messenger she sent me a link to this weird room set up. It called itself a hotel. I had no idea what I was doing and pissed everyone off by writing in first person and just getting it all wrong apparently. Was I nervous? No, because I didn't like the set up and couldn't see the appeal, even if I was to have got it right.

The second time was 1-1 with someone I met on a forum not related to RP we just did one session RP's "hooking up" when we could and starting a new RP each session.

Third time was on a forum like this one. Can't say I was ever nervous as I knew if I ever really ballsed it up I could just start again with a new account.

Last edited:
My very first time was when an internet friend suggested it as she knew I like to write. So while we were chatting on MSN messenger she sent me a link to this weird room set up. It called itself a hotel. I had no idea what I was doing and pissed everyone off by writing in first person and just getting it all wrong apparently. Was I nervous? No, because I didn't like the set up and couldn't see the appeal, even if I was to have got it right.

The second time was 1-1 with someone I met on a forum not related to RP we just did one session RP's "hooking up" when we could and starting a new RP each session.

Third time was on a forum like this one. Can't say I was ever nervous as I knew if ever really ballsed it up I could just start again with a new account.

Glad to hear the difference in encounters and the confidence, knowing there really is nothing to lose.

Man, I remember the first time I tried to rp. It was on IRC and I was... maybe ten? It was a Mega Man X RP channel. I was nervous as hell, and I couldn't type for shit. I quit for a while after that because it actually went really poorly. Once I learned to type (homerow and all that shit) I came back, but that channel had since closed. I joined a Final Fantasy RP channel on DALnet instead. Good ol' Blackpearl was my first character that I ever played that lasted.

I remember doing some rp stuff on AIM with a few friends, and Gaia was the first forum style rp I ever joined back when I was in high school which I think was my first instance of ERP (even though it was against site policy, shhhhh don't tell nobody). That had me nervous all over again cause what the hell did I know about sex back then? Despite that, It worked out, apparently.

Man, I remember the first time I tried to rp. It was on IRC and I was... maybe ten? It was a Mega Man X RP channel. I was nervous as hell, and I couldn't type for shit. I quit for a while after that because it actually went really poorly. Once I learned to type (homerow and all that shit) I came back, but that channel had since closed. I joined a Final Fantasy RP channel on DALnet instead. Good ol' Blackpearl was my first character that I ever played that lasted.

I remember doing some rp stuff on AIM with a few friends, and Gaia was the first forum style rp I ever joined back when I was in high school which I think was my first instance of ERP (even though it was against site policy, shhhhh don't tell nobody). That had me nervous all over again cause what the hell did I know about sex back then? Despite that, It worked out, apparently.

Glad to hear you made a comeback with interest. And, the fact there are a so many different places to roleplay.

I can't remember that far back, but I've always been fairly pushy. If anything, I was the one making them nervous ^.^

I can't remember that far back, but I've always been fairly pushy. If anything, I was the one making them nervous ^.^

From your kindness I couldn't see pushy, but I am not surprised.

Yes! I remember when I first started doing erotic RPing on Secondlife and my whole body was shivering because I felt like I was doing something bad.

Yeah, for all I can go on and on sometimes, I can be incredibly self deprecating and antisocial to this day. The beginning had a lot of near complete fall downs and iffy experiences. But I've gotten this far, even if it's gotten a bit harder to go along by and large.

The firs time I ever rped was back in 2003 on a site called the Buffy site, it was based off of Buffy the vampire slayer. You could create your own rooms or rp in private message, the first time I posted it was a horrible one liner. Over time I improved, when I came back to it after a hiatus/short retirement it was like I never quit.

Back
Top Bottom