Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Anyone Else Ever Put Off From an RP by of an Avatar?

I can definitely be put off by misleading avatars, for instance if like the person has an a avatar that doesn’t match their preferred gender role, like men who play as Doms with women for avatars, or vise versa. On the other hand, I really like when someone had an avatar that represents the kinds of characters or scenarios they like to play—Also Like judging a book, avatars signify to me how I might vibe with a potential partner. If they have like a smutty or sexy enticing avatar, Im more likely to feel we match.

It's all subjective obviously and open to how the view interprets it. I found your comment interesting as my avatar is of a female and I am male and prefer to play male roles usually but have played females at times.

For me I like the "mood" and colours of my avatar. I like the 80's vibe (It's the cover from Ratt's, Invasion of your Privacy" album), I guess I see myself as the guy watching her or taking her photo. It's more metaphoric for me in any case and how it sparks my imagination in different ways.

It doesn't much bother me as long as it's not creepy. If it's skirting the lines of breaking any rules, I'm not clicking. I mean hell, my avatar is a little weird, but people still reply to me. I will say that if I see a catchy avatar, I'm more likely to click there and check out RT's, then just a 'bland' one, but I do like to browse RT's in general. Just some avatar's catch my eye more than others.

There is an avatar right here which we shouldn't be looking directly at.

A guy came to me looking for a torture RP with an icon that stated "(f-slur)s must die" and I immediately blocked him. That's the only one that comes to mind.

Back
Top Bottom