Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Coming to the Conclusion in an RP

WaveVelour

Star
Hello~ I think it’s pretty common for an RP to be dropped, ghosted, to drag on etc. But I wonder if anyone could ever ended a RP because the plot came to a conclusion. I played only one RP where the last post reads ‘the end’ at the bottom of it. One where I wrote an actual epilogue and the characters parted their ways. It was a fun RP, but the plot was realized and we had a definite conclusion. Since it only happened once, I can say it’s a rare thing for me =) I wonder how often, if ever, others’ RPs come to the conclusion or do you keep playing until one party eventually stops replying or you collectively decide to end it prematurely.

Five finished RPs with the same partner. Hmm, there must be good chemistry in those =) I can’t say how long, but none of my RPs lasted a year. I wanted give you a like for that, but I guess it's been removed =)

I both encountered partners who wanted off because there was too much smut and too much plot. Everyone has different priorities. Yeah, I guess you need a compatible partner and a steady pace in the first place. But even then real life developments could force someone to quit.

I have reached a conclusion in multiple short term RPs, where the point is to have a structured beginning/middle/end. In longer term/form RP's, I admit i've never made 'The end' a goal. Perhaps that's a personal issue of mine,but i've always found RP's are about the journey for me more than they are the destination. Not to say I wouldn't end a long term RP if a good end came up, but its never an explicit goal when I start an RP I suppose.

That’s an interesting way of putting it. The journey surely the most intriguing part of the story in this case. It’s not like it’s a book where you wonder what happens at the end. For me, the beginning, first few posts of the RP is the most fun part. Many must think that way too, considering how many people disappear after that :)

I've been increasingly interested at looking towards things that have a bit more structure to their assembly, even if things aren't plotted out. Examples being goals in mind, roleplays intended to encompass a few scenes at best, and episodic deals. Open-ended tends to make me awkward and has been the system in which I've almost never gotten a conclusion. Conversely, a few that I have managed to complete were able to do so because they were either definitively complete stories or because they were done episode style and we had a good rapport for what came next, or didn't and decided to reboot or simply call it good. Going the 'open ended' way, without an end being a goal or checkpoints for review, it tends to bog down and end eventually, though most often just go through ups and downs and carry on that way until it no longer happens.

Which of course reminds me I have a few things to hop back into; one's kinda held with discussion and the other is basically waiting for me to get out of my crossroads mental state and just get back into writing things.

I have, but very few. Hint: most of the time I'm NOT the one disappearing and not replying to pms…

I have finished 4, with 3 more on their last arc and approaching their conclusion. One is even in its last scene, maybe. Most of my rps are a year or older. Even with a consistent partner, it takes a ton of effort to complete a story.

I've finished a number of RP's where the plot has been played out and to keep it going in some way would just be pointless. Usually it works when you have a more focused plot and a partner who is equally committed and focused on the RP rather than trying to throw in silly segues or kinks that have nothing to do with the main story line.

I find it interesting that most of the people who managed to fulfill their RPs had joined the site on an earlier date. And I can see the completed stories focus more on plot rather than smut.

Thank you all for replying! I should keep an eye on your RTs =)

Back
Top Bottom