Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

-ended-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relix

Supernova
Denerim.

Celebration of sorts. Four years passing where a boy became a man, a mercenary becomes a Knight-Commander. His name? Riddick. For those who don't know him, he was once referred to as 'Rage', the boy who ran around with an apostate Mage, Deacon; a sleazy Rogue, Zander; all looking for his sister, Elizabeth, formerly known as 'Cloud'. Celebration of his new rank, the party .. after party only to be greeted by the sulking after everything had died down. Four years to the date, the male had lost a dear friend -- whom at the time, the two weren't very close at all -- in this very city, Denerim. Celebration with a hint of remorse for the tragedy four years ago.

His form changed tremendously, grew a few more inches to stand at six foot, six inches. Muscles being redefined, toned. Personality much of a polar opposite of what he was as a boy. Demeanor, changed significantly. Cared for himself, cared for his troops, made sure his sister stayed safe in the walls of Denerim. A boy to a man was an understatement.

Some called him a hero,
Some called him a fraud,
He called himself a failure.

"All hail, Knight-Commander Riddick!" The booming voice called, raising his class at the side of the male, sitting in the throne-like chair at the end of the long banquet table. A wide grin on his face, he had grown much, much wiser in these past four years. Scars came a plenty during his boy-years, untrained, uncoordinated, fool-hardy. Most of all; stupid, arrogant, immature. Clapping his hands together, Riddick pushed himself up from the chair, grabbing his goblet. "Brothers, sisters," His voice boomed, the bone fire burning behind him enough to light the whole section, "Enjoy your feast, may we all eat hearty, live hearty and most of all," Pausing for a moment, "Drink hearty!" Voice echoing through all of Denerim, ah, yes, his one weakness still. Booze, alcohol, the liquid poison. Taking a seat in his chair, taking a sip of his goblet. To most, none could hear them ... the little footsteps pattering against the ground. Riddick, 'Rage', but most of all, 'Big brother', could always hear his little sister's footsteps. She was twelve, taking courses in being a Templar, but she spent too much time around Zander. Rogue tendencies were very broad in her.

The smaller, girlish figure approached his chair, tugging on his arm. Riddick had already been paying attention to her, "Yes, Elizabeth?" The male spoke, his voice traveling under the chattering knights, templars, bridesmaids, whatever attended his Celebration this eve. "You can't drink that much, brother. You still need to tuck me in tonight." The girl spoke lightly, "Ah, you know, Aunt Annie would kill me if she knew I snuck you out of her house." Elizabeth giggled like a school-girl, "Aunt Ann couldn't do anything, she'd then lose me, too, Big brother." Shaking his head lightly, "What would you do, Liz, run away?" Watching the girl shake her head in reply, "Yes! I would run! I would become big and strong, like you, and come back and crush mean old Aunt Ann."

Excuse me, excuse me, excuse me.

Riddick excused himself for the moment, he needed to put his little sister down for bed. It was getting late.

Hand moving to stop Elizabeth, that familiar horn ringing in the distance. "We're under attack!" Riddick shouted, turning to Elizabeth, "Stay he-" His attention moving around him, watching her skitter along down the steps, two knives in hand. "Elizabeth!" Riddick shouted, grabbing his Axe, running down the steps after her.

One dead. Two dead. Three. Four. The numbers quickly rising, ah, just like the days before. Rage chasing down a ghost, looking for his sister, slaying everything in his past. But, these weren't darkspawn, they were ... human. What the hell was going on? "Cloud!"

Little to be known to Riddick, his little sister had found their old friend, long presumed dead; Deacon. She was running straight for her, her little voice squeaking out 'Deacon'. Too far for the male to even hear.

Re: Post Awakening // Dream&Relix (Cont.)

• Virtually three days they had been lying in wait, a copse of outlandishly well trained revolutionariness collected from the far corners of Thedas. They were given a command by their superior to straddle Denerim into submission and cripple their militia. The very instant the waxing moon crept behind the mousy haze blanketing the sky, the battalion began to advance. They were but hooded figures in the darkness, taking advantage of the obscurity given to them the clouds. The guards stationed outside of the estate were effortlessly subdued by a red-headed behemoth sporting a body tainted with runes and brands. Those who escaped let the invasion known across Denerim.

When the throng arrived at the grand archway a woman stepped forth. She was tall and unwavering, her aura not dark but rather, forgiving and stoic. The man who had directed the invasion stepped idly aside, his mass shaking the very earth below his soles. The Rivain remnant merely waved her fingers and in less then an instant a enormous fire had been conjured. It was destructive, not a general hue of amber but an electric blue which ate away at the wooden arch like a termite boring through an oak. The man with auburn hair jerked his head forward and tore down the vista's door with his bare hands. The revolutionaries flooded in with little to no hesitance, crying and screaming like the banshee that commanded them.

A roar. A low, bear-like roar fled from the maw of the tattooed man. He growled as he lunged forward, hindering men with his irregular mass and shoving them clear to the ground. There was one man they were after, all others hadn't mattered. When the way was cleared each soldier lined the terrace single-file to make way for their superior ... a woman. A beautiful woman at that, one sporting her own markings and extravagant armor. She glided effortlessly forth while simultaneously avoiding the corpses of injured and dead men. "Hey! Someone grab that kid!" cried one of the rebels.

Before any of the men could grab her she had somehow made it to their superior, Deacon, or as they referred to her as, Banshee. Deacon leered downward with soft hazel eyes while combating an unwanted nostalgia welling up within her. Her hands fled forth and cradled her head, gently intertwining with her elegant ringlets. It was a mode of comfort, one which baffled the men which Deacon had traveled with. One rebel, a shorter men, cried out, "We can dispose of her!" Deacon fell to silence while the behemoth crouched from behind a pillar and lobbed an iridescent scowl towards the solider. Deacon would have no such thing, she could carved out her own skull before injuring a child.

[/list:u][/list:u]

Heart racing,
mind wandering,
anger steadily rising.

Where was his sister? Was she harmed? Dead? 'Where are you, Liz?' The rugged male thought to himself, merely kicking over those human rebels stepped forth and tried attacking him. To the back, Riddick went. The leader would never charge front, would they? Obviously they would be easily spotted, adorned in some fancy Robe or Plate Armor. The male continued to move to the back with haste, rarely did the young girl run off like this. Hopefully, it wouldn't be her last. Would definitely be her last before he needs to leave, any other time he is in Denerim and is able to protect her, she can knock herself out. The male would simply never let her run around without a stern warning of her backside being painted red if he heard from their Aunt that she was misbehaving. She need not to worry about their Aunt then, she'd have hell to pay when Riddick would get back. He was stern, yet forgiving on some stuff. They grew up without parents, it was no use acting like her's at this stage. More of a guardian figure who let her get away with some stuff, then other's not.

"Un .... - hand that ... young," Riddick voice boomed, his sentence fragmented. Was the leader holding Elizabeth or threatening to harm her? "Lady." The male finished, stance shifting more to neutral then 'I'm going to kill you all if one hair on her head is even slightly crooked.' Eyes examining the figure before him, seemingly very ... very familiar. "Elizabeth, get over here." Riddick beckoned, watching her shake her head 'No' in reply. "Elizabeth, if you make me come over ther-" Watching several of the figure's guards shift showing they'll attack if he steps any closer to Cloud and the girl. "No, Riddick! Look who it is!" The girl shouted as she removed her buried face from the girl's stomach.

Look who it was?

"Cloud, get your ass over here or I'm going to," Riddick spoke, taking a step close to the two figures, an arrow whizzing past his head. A threat, a warning. They gave him a leniency step, the next would be kill shot. Brows narrowing, Riddick look to his left .. at the archer who shot the arrow. Grip tightening on his two handed axe ... boom! Within a second, the burly axe that weighed a good hundred and eighty pounds was hurled at the Arched with ease. Learned that from the time he spent with Dwarves, why the Axe became his favorite weapon. "Now," The male spoke, voice echoing loud enough. "I am only going to take my sister, Elizabeth, if you wish to kill me then ... allow me to take her home."

• Never would she harm a child. She was somewhat confused as to why this young girl would flee to her in such a time, however, she was in no position to patronized her for her actions. There was, however, something nostalgic about her - her hair, her voice, most specifically her eyes. The man aside her - Goliath - eyed Deacon up and down as if to ask her if she wanted the child disposed of. For some unnameable reason Deacon also found this man - undoubtedly the knight-commander - familiar. She may have seen him during her travels but it hadn't mattered.

Her hands were gentle; motherly as she coaxed the child off of her pant-leg and motioned for her to stay where she was. Goliath was displeased with Deacon's choice but adhered to her word without so much as a grunt of disapproval. Her eyes went dark as she watched one of her men so easily subdued by this grand human's strength. Driven by unadulterated fury she stepped forth to address the brazen man who stood alone. She ignored his plight and only shook her head to mock him.

A handful of skilled archers flooded in from the upper level of the hall, knocking their arrows with acute precision whilst waiting for the mage to make her move. They were more concerned about the over-sized man toting the destructive broadsword, and as they prepped their fire their bodies fell silently still. A wave composed of pure arcane essence attacked them, consuming their bodies in a firery blaze as they fell from the ledge to their deaths to the ground below.

"We've come in search of the knight-commander, if you'd be so kind please direct us to him."

In search of the Knight-Commander? They were looking for him? What was all this about?

Riddick cocked his brow lightly, "What is it you wish to .... negotiate with the Knight-Commander, rebel?" The male spoke, tone a bit concerned, if they were here to kill him .. they better take their shot now with his guard down and disarmed. The male would surely take one or two of them down with him.

"He's right here!"

Oh, fucking hell. God damnit, Elizabeth. The finger pointing at the male before Deacon, "Isn't that right, big brother?" The girl continued to chime, "What do you want with Rage--- Riddick, Deacon?" Elizabeth continued, chin digging into the stomach of the taller's female. Her eyes peering up at the formerly deceased woman. "Elizabeth, Deacon is dead, stop your heresy, someone will think you are crazy." Riddick quickly scolded, his eyes turning to the girl. "If you are looking for the Knight-Commander, or rather .. soon-to-be Knight-Commander, you are looking at this said person." Arms crossing his bold chest, stare moving to the figures shadowed face.

"So, again, like I had mentioned previous," Riddick pausing for a moment, his eyes looking down to Elizabeth before roaming back up to the figure. "Allow me to take my sister back to our Aunt, then proceed to kill me .. because I do not see your reason for coming here to invade an open party without intent to kill the Knight-Commander." Elizabeth simply shook her head, burying her face into the girl's stomach, little arms wrapping around the girl's torso. "Deacon! Tell him I don't need to go to bed!" The girl completely obviously to the fact that they were here to harm him.

• So this man standing before them had adopted the knight-commander role? She was expecting a man with more years under his belt, not some callow warrior. But, time had told her not to underestimate her opponents and therefore she disdained any thoughts concerning his age. The amazonian woman reached for her stave which was strapped idle to her back before the child so blatantly cried her name. The very day she "returned from the dead" not even she had uttered her own name. How did this child know?

With a wave of his hand Goliath waved his palm. The archers - and soldiers that remained in the hall - knew it meant dismissal. They did as their lieutenant asked and left as silently as they came. "I trust you will handle this," Goliath grunted. His deep, earthen voice was strong enough to shake the very foundation of the hall. "I will be waiting at our discussed weystation." Without further adieu the red-headed giant disappeared beyond the building's walls leaving Deacon to face her past alone.

Cloud.

"Rage?" Her voice was well cast but very bewildered. She washed her jeweled hand over her starless man and rested the stray locks over her broad shoulders. There was no point trying to hide her identity if Cloud had already known who she was.

Riddick nodded, "At a time, I was once called such," Simply because this said woman knew his name did not make him believe that she is his formerly deceased friend who helped him through thick and thin four years past. It wasn't unlikely for people all across Fereldan to know about Riddick, or by his alias, 'Rage'. Long that had been dropped from simple tactics in battle, knowledge that helped him face uncanny amount of odds with victory inevitable. There was no boastful nature about him, he single handedly saved Denerim from Darkspawn. The male had something to fight for; his Sister, may seem silly now but he was doing it for Deacon. She had been slain because he, alone, wasn't strong enough to save her. There was no doubt about it, the male was full of sheer stupidity once he was known as 'Rage', rage and arrogance were a deadly brew for those who accompanied him.

"It is not surprising for you to hear such a name, but, I strongly prefer to be called by my name, now." The male spoke, "Riddick, as you've heard Elizabeth over there speak," Pointing to the girl, only to see her push off of the girl's form. Turning around, stomping her feet into the ground, hands balled up as she pressed them into her hip. "Stupid-head!" She shouted, shaking his head lightly, "Elizabeath, I'm sorry but I've seen Deacon's dead body .. I - alone - dug her grave." His eyes moving back to the figure, "I apologize, stranger .. for my little sister's actions. She is not normally like this, are you, Cloud?" The male spoke, grinning lightly as his glance moved back down to the girl. "My name is Elizabeth!" Shaking his head lightly, "And stop being dumb, stupid-head! It is Deacon! I am not lying!" Turning her head toward Deacon, "Deacon, please! Tell him that it is you!" Her hand tugging on the clothing of her armor.

Taking a step toward the girl, hands moving to the sides of the little girl. Pulling her from the figure, "I do apologize for this, to make up for it, I invite you and your .. lieutenant - if you wish to get them - to join our feast. We'll discuss the terms of your .... assassination post-feast, if you wouldn't mind."

Riddick would do whatever obligated to him from this shadowed figured, as long as he was able to spend another night with his sister and explain what was to happen with his Aunt. Of course she had to be told; Riddick, their only supporter was going to die. Pulling Elizabeth toward him, her feeble attempt to fight him off. Only to be propped up on his shoulder as he moved toward his Axe, shaking his head lightly. Pulling it from the dead body before moving back to the woman.

"Shall we?"

• "A man once broken by rage is not so broken anymore." It was difficult for Deacon to fathom the raw, unadulterated agony Riddick experienced after she feigned her death. Having to dig a grave for a close friend and bury their lifeless corpse was undoubtedly terrifying, but it was a choice Deacon had to make to reassure that there would be a future. Despite the now healthy child's pleas, Deacon could not convince this man that she was alive, not by actions alone or simple claims. She let her arms lay slack to each hip while she climbed a tiny set of gilded steps and ambled past the long, garnished table. Her elegant fingers feathered over a silver goblet and plucked it tot in her grasp.

She took note of her reflection, one she had not seen in a long time. Her face was clean, no dirt or soil and her eyes were brighter then ever. At that same instant she dropped it, spilling a fresh Orlesian wine over the unsullied floor. She then stood in front of the knight-commander, but an inch separating their bodies. He was ... older; his aesthetics had matured and he had developed. His armor reflected his muscle mass and evidentially he'd adopted many more scars. His eyes were no longer sullen or vehement, but rather, stoic like her own. She stared in his for a long, warm moment and proceeded to circle to his side where she peered warily up at the child.

"Do you remember those foul herbs I made you take?" The kindness in Deacon's voice was inviting to a child; Elizabeth nodded choppily, her head following Deacon's movements as she circled Riddick. "They were horrid, weren't they. He had to take a much larger dosage then yourself after being severely injured by the orge." Deacon smiled an alluring smile, one that summoned a very eager Elizabeth down from her brother's arms and into those of Deacon who was more then willing to accept her. "We hid in that cave for many days, in darkness with little food or water. It was a time for me to reflect on how severely Ra - Riddick. How severely Riddick wanted you back in his arms." [/list:u][/list:u]

The male's attention moved to the female who started speaking to whomever, his little sister replying with a shake of her head. No, this couldn't be Deacon. It was impossible, there was no spell in the world that could preserve her body. Though, her story was identical to what had happened in that cave. Riddick waved his hand dismissively after she spoke her little tale, Elizabeth cuddling up in the arms of the woman. Seemingly falling asleep after laying her head down against her shoulder, even though she was twelve .. she was still a big ol' baby. Just the way Riddick wanted her to stay, sure, she needed to grow up eventually but not any time soon .. not when she can still be a child.

His dismissively gesture was just that, dismissing the party. Resting in the chair, was this Deacon? Guess there was only one way to find out. Waiting till all his guest had piled out from the table, leaving the three alone. His digitals pressing against each other's tips, the male's chin and mouth resting in the spot where it could. "I recall waking from this said ... over-dose of this said drug." The male spoke, replying to the end of her sentence but that could've been easily passed down from someone who ran into Zander. He could've easily squealed out some details for a coin purse ... or even to move a blade from his neck.

Head turning up to from his mouth, looking at the girl. "What exactly was to happen after this drug?" Referring to the little demand Rage had spoke to her. Help him release his problem because she was the one who caused it. Of course, if she didn't know this answer ... she got it from one of the four. The male never told a soul, wasn't such a 'noble' thing of his that he did in the past. Forcing a woman to help him with his said problem, the man grew up from that childish antics.

• "You became "irritated", for lack of a better term." It was a disgrace, the mess they made of the dining hall. Food spilled over the stone floor, wine staining tapestries and materials. Worst of all Deacon took note of the malignant odor emitting from both human blood and wine coming in contact with each other. She rolled her shoulders though let her fingers comb through Elizabeth's flaxen ringlets, insuring her head was resting perfectly on the crook of her neck.

"You! Unhand the child and turn around!"

The booming voice spilled through the entirety of the chamber, clambering to command Deacon who had so brazenly invaded their peaceful inauguration banquet. Elizabeth sensed Deacon's intentions and began clutching onto her robes desperately almost, but Deacon was successful in her actions and placed the preadolescent child on the floor near her brother. "Banshee, correct?" The woman turned only to make a face of raw distaste. This man - the one which had commanded her to step away from Elizabeth - had uttered her alias so brazenly.

As she turned her eyes were lit with the reflection of many men, each heavily armed with brandished weapons and sour battle faces. The man which stepped forth in front of them was tucking away a piece of parchment within his vestment. "Hands where we can see them, mage. You're not to bed trusted." Immediately Deacon's expression went flat. She faced the commander and raised her hands over her head at his behest, standing perfectly still. The commander took note of her clothing - they were tailored extremely well but he was not accustomed to a mage wearing leggings as they were generally seen wearing simple robes. "Knight-commander Riddick. This is a document from Tevinter Imperium stating that if this woman is to be captured, she is to be questioned and put to death shortly after. I take it I don't need to reinform you of this, but, we should arrest her now before the rebels return."[/list:u][/list:u]

"You have what document, jailor?"

Riddick's voice boomed, stopping him dead in his tracks as the figure moved to try an touch the girl. He still was on the fence about her being Deacon, but, the .. whole thing was about right. Rage, at that time, was a tad bit irritated.

"Sir?" The jailor spoke, a bit baffled.
"Your document, I wish to see it. Given that I am going to be Knight-Commander, you are ordered to give me this document from Tevinter Imperium. Until you are to do so, she shall stay here in my watch. Run along now." Riddick quickly explained to the ill-advised jailor, why was such a document kept from him? Shouldn't he be aware as well?

It took the Jailor another twenty minutes to return with the paper, walking around the table toward the Knight-Commander, eyes fixated on the Mage. "Here you are, sir." Tone a bit dull, he was embarrassed in front of the one that he was ordered to make sure didn't escape. Too bad for him, Riddick had authority over what was to happen. For him to take her in for 'questioning' wasn't going to sit well when the male hadn't finished out what he wanted to know. Pushing himself up from the chair, Elizabeth having crawled her way up into Deacon's arms after the male jailor walked away. Turning to the fire, the male read over the document. A woman named 'Banshee' is ordered to be captured for leaked information about the attempted assassination on the Knight-Commander. "Whom leaked this said information?" Riddick spoke lightly, "I don't see her rebels leaking such, so, who did, Jailor?"

"Sir, I don't know, sir." Stumbling over a few chairs as he took a step backwards.

Paper being crumbled up in the hands of the Knight-Commander. "Well, I don't see anyone but you, myself and my younger sister here. Do you, Jailor?" - "Sir .. ?" The paper being tossed into the fire, burning quickly. "I said I only see three people standing at this table right now. Not the fourth." Riddick's voice boomed, a bit agitated in needing to repeat himself. "No, sir, just us three, sir."

Turning to face 'Deacon' - 'Banshee' whomever this person was in front of him, "Well, did you know about such leaked information? Because, if you are whom Elizabeth believes you are, I would like to know how in the world you are even standing before me. I buried the Deacon I knew four years ago, how can someone look identical to her?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom