Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Family Vacation (dominant_minded & sweetnectar)

Justin awoke in the hammock he had strung up the night before. It was summer and there was nothing like waking up to the sounds of the waves on his family's beach. The sun was just dawning, and since their little spec of an island was on the east coast, it dawned over the ocean. He smiled, watching it rise and swaying in the hammock in time with the breeze.

He yawned lazily. Then he heard her calling. His good mood faded in a heartbeat. His stepmother was another excellent reason not to sleep in the house. "Justin, come clean your room," she called loudly from the house, "Your sister is coming in today and I don't want this place looking like a pig stye." What in the world was she doing up this early, and why did she always insist on referring to HER daughter as his sister rather than his stepsister. Of course, while both of these things annoyed him, her tone was what really did it. She perpetually treated him like a 13 year old. He was leaving for college in a few months and he couldn't wait.

He groaned and flipped the hammock over, falling to the ground with a thud. He layed there and chuckled for a bit. He wasn't sure why, but he loved doing that. He wasn't really in the mood for a fight, and as her daughter was coming to town, she'd be more than happy to have one. He pushed himself up from the ground and trudged towards his room, buttoning up his Hawaiian style shirt as he went.

Amy had caught a flight, then a smaller plane, then a long boat ride with her stepdad on the way to the small island. It was safe to says he was more than just a little tired. But at the same time she was rather happy to see her mom and stepdad again. She did not know her stepbrother all that well, he was normally with friends or she was being dragged around by her mother so they did not see much of eachother durring her visits.

Amy was very different from her mother. She was a very natural looking person, soft glossy brown hair, chocolate colored eyes. Her mother was bleached blonde and over half plastic, and even though Amy loved her mother she had to admit the woman was a bitch. Her mother was on the dock, she hugged her softly. Her stepdad was carrying her two bags, she did not pack very much ever. The man dropped a bag to wave his son over.

Justin had wandered back outside after cleaning up his room and brushing his teeth. His hair was still a tangled mess from the work his hairstylist, which was the wind coming off the ocean, had done on it this morning. He was almost run over as his stepmother ran in front of him to rush down to the dock. Well she's obviously here, he thought. He looked down and saw his dad unloading the medium-sized launch they owned. He waved to Justin. He sighed and decided he should be polite and at least say hi and help with the bags.

He still didn't know what to make of Amy. She and her mom seemed pretty close, which didn't raise his opinion of her, but at least the few times she'd been around, she hadn't nagged him to death or acted like she knew everything about everything the way her mother did constantly. He walked over to the dock and held out his hand to shake hers, smiling politely. To his delight, it seemed that his stepmother disapproved. Had she expected him to hug her or something? Seriously, they barely knew one another and were only related through marriage. Had their parents not gotten married, he might have even thought of flirting with her, which made hugs out of the question until he really started thinking of her more as a family member. "Hi Amy, good to see you again," he said in that boringly polite way that one talked to friends of friends.

Amy smiled and shook his hand glad that he had not tried to hug her. She was not a big touchy feely person. She gave him a soft shake and a warm smile. She reached down and picked up her bags with a slight grin. She did not really care for her stepdad trying to carry her things. He was just being nice but she just wanted to carry her own things. She looked at Justin, "Is the guest room still open or are you using it?" She asked him wondering if her mother had made him give up his room but it was a much nicer way to ask.

He smiled as she beat him to the handle of her bags, her movements sending the message that she wanted to carry them herself. "I've sorta moved in there, but I cleaned up my room for you," he smiled and caught the subtle way she had handled the subject. He wondered if she had expected her mother to push him out, as she certainly had. Then he wondered what Amy's opinion was if she did expect it. By the time he was finished wondering, the whole party was a few steps ahead of him on the way to the house. He put his hands into the pockets of his board shorts and, deciding he didn't like his shirt being closed on this beautiful of a morning, unbuttoned it and let it flap around him in the gentle breeze. He walked up the dock, following and listening to the conversations passively.

Amy shook her ehad softly and sighed. "Mom I really do not feel comfortable sleeping in a man only a few years older's room. We have not seen eachother that much so I am sure he is not exatally thrilled to have me in there either. You can go back to your room Justin, I would rather stay in the guest room." She spoke very politely when she adressed her mother knowing that she was likely to over react. But she gave Justin a small smile as they all walked. "Oh when we get inside I have something for all of you." She seemed to just remember her gifts.

He hadn't caught the first part of her statement to her mother, but when she spoke to him directly he could hear her politely offering his room back. He wasn't stunned, but he was a little surprised. Yes, she was definitely different from her mother. Then he noticed that her mother was about to start to argue with this, and he realized this might end up being the focus of the next hour and a half of Amy's visit. Without thinking about why he was doing it, he jumped in to the conversation to try and make peace. "Oh, Amy, don't worry about it, really. To be totally honest with you, I haven't slept in there for a few nights now. With the weather getting warmer, I sleep on the beach a lot. Seriously, you take the room, it's yours, ok?" he smiled back at Amy, and then turned to his stepmother and instinctively winced, expecting to find a look of glee on her face. Instead, it seemed, this had rather effectively shut her up. She seemed to be having trouble comprehending the fact that he and Amy were making these decisions on their own and that she wasn't running things. He almost laughed.

He walked on behind them as they entered the house, feeling that perhaps this visit was going to be just a little more fun than he had expected. He raised his eyebrow when she mentioned gifts, curious to see what his was. He was a little surprised at his curiosity, and a little concerned when he realized that the main thing he was curious about was what the gifts she gave would tell him about her.

"Thank you." Amy smiled softly and walked into the living room. She set her bag down and pulled out three small boxes. She handed one to her stepfather and the other to her mother then turned to Justin. I was not really sure what to get you so I hope you like it." She said softly offering him the box. She looked over to her mother whow as opening her box. She smiled and kissed Amy at the sight of a silver necklace with a blue stone, her stepfather gave a quick hug and tilted the box to show his new cuff links.

Justin watched as his father and stepmother open their gifts. He was impressed. He figured she knew her mother better than anyone did, but not a lot of girls her age would think to give a man cuff links, at least not in his experience. He looked down at the box in his hands and looked up to give Amy a curious smile. He slowly started to open it, tearing through the ribbons and wrapping paper.

Amy smiled softly, glad that her gifts were liked. She had got Justin a small bottle of colonge. It was a rather nice sent, well she thought so at least. It was a light sent though, nothing that would over power. From what she knew of him she thought it would suit him, it was a freash sent that reminded her of the outdoors.

He took the bottle out and noted the label. "You're never going to believe this, but I was thinking about buying a bottle of this the last time I was shopping with a bunch of friends. Thanks, Amy." He opened the bottle and sniffed the sprayer. It was exactly as he remembered, a great scent, and he figured that she must like it too if she bought it. At that thought, he took the liberty of misting a bit of it onto his neck and chest right there. He was definitely starting to form a good opinion of Amy, he decided.

Amy smiled softly. "I am glad that you like it. Well I am going to my room. Unpack shower and maybe lay down for a little while. It was a long trip." She gave her mother and stepdad both quick hugs. Justin's goodbye was a pat on the shoulder and a smilebefore she left.

"Wellthese are lovely." Her mothe spoke to her second husband about his gift. "We hshould wear them when we go out. We are going to spend the week with the Jackson's behave yourself." Her tone changed with her attention. Soon they were off leaving their children with the small boat, it was still great for travle but was a bit smaller.

Amy came out of the room her hair damp. "I take it they left? Mom was never one forremembering to say bye. So your dad said you were going to collage? Where were you thinking about going?" She asked sitting down with her legs crossed. She smoothed the hem of her light blue sundress as she spoke.

"Yeah," he began, "I had thought about going to the University of Hawaii, but too far and too expensive. I start at Penn State next fall." It really was remarkable how much easier it was to talk to her than her mother. With his stepmom, it always seemed she was talking at you rather than to you.

"What about you, any plans on the horizon?" he asked politely, walking to the fridge and grabbing a Coke. "Want anything?" he offered. She looked pretty cute sitting on the floor like that in the shortish dress. He reminded himself carefully that she was 'family'.

"No thanks. I drank the last of myw ater before I came out." Amy gave a smalls weet smile. "I plan on getting into dance. i have alwaysloved it and know a few good schools. It is ahrd to get started but once in it is wonderful." She looke dout the window to the beach with a sigh.

"Really?" he asked, more enthusiastically than he had intended to. A dancer... now that was definitely attractive. He shook himself for just a moment and then tried to retain a normal friendly tone, "I think that's great. I hope you make it. I bet you're great." He smiled pleasantly at her and tried not to let himself imagine it, not positive that it would lead in a respectable direction like ballet in his head.

He noticed her look out and sigh. Was she thinking wistfully of dance school or something else? "What? Do you want to go for a swim?" he asked, then remembered she might be tired from the travel of the day.

" A little but I am not very strong of a swimmer. My mom said the currents are fairly strong near the island." Amy smiled kindly, "Thank you and, well I am sure collage will go great for you. You seem like you are rather smart. "My mom put me in ballet when I was five, it makes good for a child sitting without worryingabout the kid eating glue."

He chuckled at her story and thanked her for the compliment. After a pause, he returned to the subject of swimming. He started carefully, not wanting to push her, "Well, if you want... I have a favorite spot where things aren't so rough." He smiled encouragingly. "There's a little indentation on our beach back that direction," he added, pointing through a wall, "where the sides of the indentation protect a tiny little bay from the surf and undertow." He thought for a moment, then winked at her, "Plus... you'd be with me. I've been swimming here all my life, and I've had to pull a couple of people out of the surf before." He remembered the boring summers he spent as a lifeguard on the mainland that had been punctuated by one or two scary incidents.

"Well that would be fine then. I will go change real quick and meet you out there?" Amy suggested as she stood brushing her hair back out of her face. She gave him a sweet smiled before she went into the room. Just a few moments later she came out with a large overseized towel. She had it wrapped around her to hide her body fromt he wind until she reached the beach. Upon her arival she dropped the towel to the ground to reveal a black string bikini and her fairly toned body.

He smiled and nodded in response. While she went to change, he walked out of the house in the direction he had pointed not bothering to change. He had just sat down on the beach when she walked up. He stood up to meet her and couldn't help looking her over as she dropped her towel.

Dancer's body, he thought to himself before he respectfully looked away. He smiled in her general direction and pulled off his open shirt. His chest was tanned and defined, but not cut. He didn't really spend time at the gym and most of the definition just came from swimming nearly every day. His blonde hair danced a little crazily in the wind. He motioned for her to follow and started to walk down into little "bay". When he was knee deep, he dove forward disappearing under the mirrored surface of the gentle waves for a moment before reappearing a few feet away, slicking his hair back and looking back to her. "Come on in, Amy, it's great today. There's just enough wave action to gently rock you around." It really was his favorite spot, he'd float on his back out here for hours just letting the water push him around on the surface.

Amy smiled softly and walked up to the water. She really never learned to swim. Neither parents were around and the babysitter or nanny was afraid of deep water. She walked in about waist deep and then smiledturning and dropping back until she was floating. She closed her eyes and sighed softly. Her hair fanned out in the water looking like a halo. She was a very lovely young woman in a classic way. Not at all a fad goer she seemed to be the type that would always be dressed in a waythat got her compliments, never a 'why the hell is she wearing' that much like her mother offten got

He smiled as she slid into the water. She was lovely, and she seemed to really hold herself like a much older girl. She certainly didn't seem to be younger than him, and it was hard for him to stop noticing her so much. He slid beneath the surface to cool off and noticed that she hadn't turned her head. He couldn't resist, after all he was still a teenage guy. He pushed gently along the bottom, swimming beneath her as she floated. He reached up and tickled her sides from under the water, crashing to the surface with a big stupid grin as she reacted.

Amy squealed and sunk like a rock. She stood up coughing quietly shaking her head to get the water off her face. "That was not funny." She said rubbing her eyes. "I am not that good of a swimmer and you know that." She said softly. She made her way back to the beach and lai on the sand her back to him. She had gone swimming not because she liked it but because he did and she wanted to spend time with him.

He watched her walk back up the beach, feeling a little bit like a heel. He was still grinning a bit, but she had obviously been pretty shaken. He followed a few minutes later and sat down beside her. "Sorry," he said with sincerity, his voice taking on a slightly older serious tone, "you're right, it wasn't funny. I didn't realize you were that uncomfortable with water, or I really wouldn't have done it. I should know better; I was a lifeguard." He smiled gently at her, "Am I forgiven?"

"It is fine, I know you did not mean anything by it." Amy gave him a small smile, "Just do not do it again please." It was clear that she was a kind young woman. Leaning back she looked over at him, "You do not like my Mother all that much do you?" She still smiled softly even though she was asking what most would avoid.

"I won't," he promised. He was about to ask her back into the water when she changed the subject.

He chuckled in response. "Well, she's not my favorite person, I guess," he smiled, choosing his words carefully, "but my dad doesn't feel the same way. And that's really more important to me than my opinion. I guess I can handle her riding me for a few more months if he's happy." He ran his fingers through the sand some, fidgeting a little.

He wasn't sure exactly how to continue, so he changed the subject back to something he felt he had a hold on. "Hey, listen, how would you like a little... swimming lesson. I love the water, and I've always liked a challenge," he grinned broadly. "Maybe I can get you to feel a little more comfortable with it."

Back
Top Bottom